AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2011-03-18, 02:39   Link #4881
haegar
mangaviking

Spoiler for 226/pic:
Old 2011-03-18, 02:58   Link #4882
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

kana probably did it for some obscure reason. Pretty sure she won't be a betrayer. We already have enough super enemies in this arc.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 03:00   Link #4883
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
kana probably did it for some obscure reason. Pretty sure she won't be a betrayer. We already have enough super enemies in this arc.
It's possible she did it so Lucy wouldn't get caught up in her problems. At least that was my interpretation of that scene.
Old 2011-03-18, 10:55   Link #4884
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
Kana already explained to Lucy offpanel why she needed to become an S-class mage (ch 202 page 18 & 19)... that confession is what made Lucy partner with her. So you're likely right but the question is why was her confession with held from us. All it did was cast her in a negative light here and it's pretty clear that was the objective of the writing...

So while I agree with you, especially since a random betrayal would make no sense since Lucy can't really call her a lier when the audience never heard the lie... it does seem that a big reveal is planned for her character. It better be worth the pain of seeing her betray Lucy so foolishly

I mean she even cried during her confession (though she was wearing something else so it can't be her crying from the vision). So she likely was sincere and not about to go betray anyone in FT on the scale of joining GH or something like that.

I doubt she will betray Fairy Tail in a villain sense and I suspect a combination of "nakama" and the "heart" will be played here after the big reveal to "save her" and likely it will help her achieve s-class power level (though rank is another matter, that all depends on who will lead Fairy Tail after this (Makarov/Laxus) and how they decide to rebuild Fairy Tail after whatever fallout lands at the end of the arc... worst case she's exiled, best case Makarov rubs her butt and then promotes her. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
It's possible she did it so Lucy wouldn't get caught up in her problems. At least that was my interpretation of that scene.
Possible but she already told her her problems... so in a sense she already was involved in it. Cold feet maybe... change of heart... I don't really have enough information here to do anything but guess like you did but I feel at the same time we're being mislead so I don't want to just go with my gut feeling either.

Last edited by Ryus; 2011-03-18 at 11:20.
Ryus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 18:39   Link #4885
Nite-Wing

Cana betraying FT seems likely, shes probably working for Hades or related to him somehow since she wants to make it to Mavis' grave so bad.
Old 2011-03-18, 22:14   Link #4886
blewin

I just hope we get to see more of Kana's past. Don't know much about how she came to FT, who her parents are... nothing at all - except that she's a heavy drinker. And yes, WHY is she a heavy drinker? could there be a story to it?

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 23:12   Link #4887
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
I just hope we get to see more of Kana's past. Don't know much about how she came to FT, who her parents are... nothing at all - except that she's a heavy drinker. And yes, WHY is she a heavy drinker? could there be a story to it?
Her datacard/cover page explained it for the most part. She's been drinking since age 13 (legal age there is 15) and her drinking buddy is Marco (assuming she started drinking young to be near him, though that is speculation on my part). One day he told her to to watch out and not drink so much... and she did just that. Then Marco got a new girlfriend (other than her is implied) and she then doubled her old drinking rate (someone had a crush ).
Old 2011-03-19, 03:55   Link #4888
haegar
mangaviking

well I felt this to be more a result of her alcoholic addicted self-centered personality rather than some deep revelation of her being in love with hades secretly - and while I don't mind serious characters with problems like that I DO mind them in Fairy Tail if they kinda creep up out of the blue - FT is not THAT serious and dark, and Kana's drinking habit so far was NOTHING but comic relief on the sidelines, ok it was mentioned there might be some reason for it but for all intents and purposes she used to be a sideline character that got some more "specific flavour" as bein the mage girl "that drinks" - now she got promoted to having heavy trouble outz of the blue in such a manner that in influences the whole story ... ah I dunno ... I'm sure there will be some explanation for it soon, but so ar, I just don't like it - if you write about addicts as characters treat them seriously or don't - feels somehow half-assed to me between comedy and darkness and that sucks in my book
Old 2011-03-21, 10:57   Link #4889
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Ch 227 spoiler pics. Warning, these spoiler pics seem to be spoilers one might not want to know in advance. The cover page one could look at but the other two seem to give away really funny joke and how the fight goes. If your ever if"y" on looking at spoiler pics, don't this week, and just be satisfied knowing the chapters release is soon.

Spoiler for Cover page (feel free to look at without risk of real spoilers):

Spoiler for the 2 real spoiler pics... pretty big spoilers (one even explains the ch's title). I honestly wish I didn't see them in hind sight since I think it spoiled an amazing joke, think before opening.:

Spoiler for My guess of the events in ch 227 based on spoiler pics:

Last edited by Ryus; 2011-03-21 at 11:11.
Ryus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-21, 13:26   Link #4890
Miles Teg

And next week cover, color pages and 35 pages.
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-21, 14:17   Link #4891
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg View Post
And next week cover, color pages and 35 pages.
Old 2011-03-22, 14:08   Link #4892
ShiroiRyu

35 pages and color ?
YEY !
But for this one chapter ... WHAT THE HELL IS THAT ? I loved the combination ... It's just Natsu who can think like that. XD
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-22, 14:16   Link #4893
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Lucy = Fanservice + Comedy.

The name of the next chapter intrigues me; looks like we're going back to the Erza, Juvia, and Meldy/Meredy/Meledy.
Old 2011-03-22, 14:55   Link #4894
haegar
mangaviking

yeah right you are, if next weeks fanservice gets as good as this one I'll have some wet Juvia dreams probably overall I enjoyed this chapter though - however I do fear stuff might get darker soon, he has been at it some time now with humor and fanservice and narrow escapes ... sth is brewing if ya ask me ...
Spoiler for latest chap:
Old 2011-03-22, 16:35   Link #4895
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Oh man that just damn funny, I was wondering what the hell kinda teamwork they would conjure up and for the most part what Lucy would contribute to the fight but I honestly didn't expect this
I really do think that was a brilliant way to end this fight and a great way to see Lucy kick butt

LUCY FIRE!

Now back to Erza and Juvia!
Old 2011-03-22, 17:00   Link #4896
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Definitely funniest chapter to date!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-22, 17:19   Link #4897
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Yeah, I have to agree.

Most enjoyable chapter in quite a while.

Love the placement of the Kyaaa balloon when he forces her to do splits.

Kekeke

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-22, 18:20   Link #4898
NoLongerSane

Loved the chapter. I felt sorry for Lucy at times but then her and Natsu do make a very funny comedic duo. Really enjoyed how Natsu dodge Lucy's attack.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-22, 20:29   Link #4899
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

It's been a while since I laughed FT's chapter like this. Drawings were beatiful as always and I really liked ecchi scenes though there are a lot of convenient censored scenes. I love where the enemy played with Lucy on whim. I first though she is doing caramelldansen at first but then he is making Lucy jump like a rabbit lol. The end of chapter really suprised me. Because and like Lucy said these movements were too much for her. But finishing blow was really priceless. It was really good chapter. Can't wait to see what Ultear going to do with Zeref. I don't think she is going to deliver him to master Hades.
Old 2011-03-22, 20:30   Link #4900
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

This chapter was indeed hilarious, fanservice and comedy all in one.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen