AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2011-06-04, 06:58   Link #5401
Ermes Marana

Stupid chapter. It's pretty much impossible to take any battle seriously any more.

Hades is a former FT guild master, and he didn't even know Azuma would randomly stop being able to control the island's magic?

That's not a satisfying way for a fight to end. Surprise! He really can't control the island's magic after all! Haha!

Or maybe he could have taken away her magic, but would rather die. Just like Hades could have killed Makarov but left him to interfere in Natsu's fight. If the enemies don't even care about winning, what is the point.
Ermes Marana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-04, 07:05   Link #5402
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Oh Gerald, how I really don't care about you...except that Erza's still hung up on you... Well, at least Natsu got 2nd place in the mental thing...for now.
Well, Determinator Erza really got to go the distance with this one. I still like Asuma, if anything for the fact that he pushed Erza this hard (and put her in those bondage poses).
Old 2011-06-04, 07:45   Link #5403
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Erza: It doesn't matter if my body took damage beyond human comprehension and it doesn't matter that I don't have any armors and magic left! I have my friends right behind me! I can't loose!!! I'll finish it with my normal sword swing attack fueled with LOVE!!!
Azuma: Ah, hell nooooo!!!! Damn you manga writeeeeeeeeeeeeeer !!!!!
Erza: *victory pose* It's good to be a good guy in Shonen manga!

At least in Dragonball, the gang gives Goku their spiritual energy for the plot power but here Erza gets... what? Thoughts?

After a battle like this, any fight that will come forth will not be intense as you know that any character can beat up the villain using the power of nakama. Ah hell, if Hades did hurt Charle, Happy would just headbut him once with the power of love and win. Ok, I'm overreacting.... Happy would have to headbut him twice.
Old 2011-06-04, 09:00   Link #5404
larethian

tsk tsk tsk, guys, I understand your complaints and pain, but it's Mashima we're talking about. And Mashima is not Oda nor Toriyama, so let's cut him some slack
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-04, 09:29   Link #5405
ronin myael
lost ronin

again with the jellal melodrama! why can't he just disappear from the series altogether? i kinda expected erza to somehow win the fight but not like this. why does she need to hear jellal's voice? the getting-her-strength-from-her-friends part is a bit forgivable and even understandable. most shonen series use that ploy but to have her think of jellal in that dire situation? what was that all about? that was just downright cheesy! *sighs*
Old 2011-06-04, 09:45   Link #5406
Miles Teg

I am sure that we will have a Gerald/Erza centric arc soon, I don't know why but I think that this thread will be full of rage
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-04, 10:01   Link #5407
NoLongerSane

Well, in truth I am not surprised about Erza getting up after taking all that damage. How many times in Rave Master have we seen one of the heros pretty much go threw hell and back and yet stand up and continue fighting on the power of namaka.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-04, 13:59   Link #5408
classic

am i so dissapointed of the last chapter/ really. This FT "nakama bond stuff" is too strong/ i think even Zeref cant stand it/ OMFG. The story becoming very boring. Let Erza get her ass kicked at least once. PLease!!!!!
classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-04, 14:30   Link #5409
kitten320

Eeehhhh, Erza won again? After getting shit kicked out in previouse chapter? Why authors always do the same thing "goodie gets his/her ass kicked but then get pumped up all of a sudden and win", that's lame =/

Erza loosing once would not hurt anyone...
Old 2011-06-04, 14:57   Link #5410
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

There are tenticles tree limbs everywhere, Erza cannot loose in the place fill with tenticles tree limbs

Who knows what will happen to her when she looses in a place like that
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-04, 16:48   Link #5411
ForteAnly

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Eeehhhh, Erza won again? After getting shit kicked out in previouse chapter? Why authors always do the same thing "goodie gets his/her ass kicked but then get pumped up all of a sudden and win", that's lame =/

It's shounen. Good guys usually always win. Its something that almost all shounen artist follow. Don't get me wrong it would be nice to see a main character lose in an important battle in an arc but I don't expect that too happen anytime soon. I liked the chapter except for featuring Gerard. I wish he would die or disappear from FT already but he is still there. I did enjoy him getting abused in prison though. I want the author to go back to Gray and Ultear. I am curious on what Ultear will discuss with Gray about Ul.
ForteAnly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-04, 17:17   Link #5412
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

^ Agreed about Ultear and Gray. You know, it'll be interesting if they come to some sort of mutual understanding(after last chap, anything is possible), then let it be known in the upcoming ErzaxGerard arc that Ultear was the one manipulating Gerard from the beginning. That'd make for some nice Erza-Gray drama. . Which'd be even better if Gerard finally dies.
Old 2011-06-04, 17:30   Link #5413
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
^ Agreed about Ultear and Gray. You know, it'll be interesting if they come to some sort of mutual understanding(after last chap, anything is possible), then let it be known in the upcoming ErzaxGerard arc that Ultear was the one manipulating Gerard from the beginning. That'd make for some nice Erza-Gray drama. . Which'd be even better if Gerard finally dies.
i would be less worried about Erza and more Jubvia going fatal attraction on Gray here
Old 2011-06-04, 22:39   Link #5414
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
i think it has something to do with the japanese culture. they are a tenacious folk. they've been through hell and back. it's their nature to just keep coming back no matter how hard their situation might have been. like right now, they've just experienced a horrific disaster and yet you don't see them losing hope or any of their tenacity. they're very patriotic too. it shows in their manga and other works. i don't mind this bit in shonen manga, what i don't like is how they execute it sometimes.

Last edited by ronin myael; 2011-06-05 at 03:42.
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 01:32   Link #5415
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Personally, I thought Azuma was an idiot to rely on the magical energy of a tree that was designed to protect Fairy Tail members and the energy adsorbed from aforementioned Fairy Tail members against a Fairy Tail member. Sure, he took away the protection and sucked up their energy, but lust because someone has "control" over a source of energy doesn't mean they can change the base nature of it. Using Fairy Tail's energy against Erza is about as dumb as using Fire magic against Natsu.
Old 2011-06-05, 05:43   Link #5416
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
It's in the magazine's slogan: "Friendship, perseverance, victory".
Quote:
She lost against Gerard. She wasn't doing too hot against Jose, either.

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2011-06-05 at 08:05. Reason: wrong master
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 08:00   Link #5417
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
She wasn't doing too hot against Ivan, either.
Wait, what? You mean Jose, right?
Old 2011-06-05, 08:04   Link #5418
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Wait, what? You mean Jose, right?
Right, sorry.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 08:07   Link #5419
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Now that you mention it though, I'm looking forward to seeing Ivan get in on the action. If only to see this supposed grudge he has against Gildartz.
Old 2011-06-05, 13:10   Link #5420
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Well on that, it's said that Gildartz does not like Ivan at all, which raises the question of why is Ivan still walking this mortal plane...

And Erza won because Natsu won. Natsu beat someone he was SUPPOSE to lose against - namely a God Slayer. If Natsu beat him, Erza was a shoo-in to beat Azuma.

And someone should really photoshop Erza/Clare and Azuma/Rigaldo soon. "Superb".

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen