AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2007-08-29, 11:35   Link #1401
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Yeah, I said I'd let others, but alas...

Translation request, this time from A's.

カード - Card
融合型デバイス - Unison Device

Though looking around in Nanohawiki, I don't think the reason I requested this will be answered clearly though... Even though hints point to only Ancient-types being able to unison, they never outright said that either... I think.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.

Last edited by Nightengale; 2007-08-29 at 11:48.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-30, 23:10   Link #1402
Demon Eyes
May Haru-ki Be With You

Send a message via MSN to Demon Eyes
SPOILERSSSSSS

Someone out there please translate...
Demon Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 00:07   Link #1403
aers
*Fansubber

Spoiler for 24-26:
aers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 10:15   Link #1404
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Quote:
Originally Posted by aers View Post
Spoiler for 24-26:
Yeah! thank you for translating the spoilers
Is there any sign of a season 4
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 10:17   Link #1405
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_K View Post
Yeah! thank you for translating the spoilers
No idea, might have to wait longer... Like Sound Stage 4 comes out kind of longer ...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 10:43   Link #1406
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
No idea, might have to wait longer... Like Sound Stage 4 comes out kind of longer ...
Oh come on it's just December...

Who knows if I'll be around after that..XD
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-01, 00:13   Link #1407
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_K View Post
If the sales keep up, then I would guess the odds are pretty good that they'd at least be considering it. But, I think it's getting to the point where they'd almost have to mix things up in a serious way to continue the franchise. They can't just keep adding more characters at this point. Could they do a generation jump next? An OVA series? A Strikers prequel? A spin-off? Hmm...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-01, 00:16   Link #1408
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
No idea, might have to wait longer...
I hope Jail is still the main villain. He's too interesting. Plus, a lot of stuff hasn't been revealed about him and his numbers (and Lutecia). I can hope that Sound Stage can cover that, but I'd rather see it than just listening...

Spoiler for Spoiler for 24-26:

Plus, it would be very funny (in a bad way), if they spent the last Stage having Vivio being "moe", and Nanoha wondering is she would be a bad mom...
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-01, 10:36   Link #1409
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

On the topic of those spoilers...
Spoiler for Spoilers for 24-26:

Good thing the RAWs will be out before I go to college <<
Old 2007-09-02, 05:51   Link #1410
Tormenk

So what do we know that seperates the Belka magic system? Ancient Belka that Hayate, Acous and Carim uses, Belka system used by the Wolkenritter and the Neo-Belka magic system used by Subaru and Erio.

Well to start off, I'll list some differences. Ancient Belka requires the caster to recite the entire spell and the spells shown tend to have elemental effects.

Belka and Neo-Belka favours closed range combat with armed devices created in the shape of weapons, along with the usage of the cartridge system to provide the extra power needed at close range. Neo-Belka have some elements of Mid-Childian mixed into it, with users like Erio and Subaru displaying movement spells like sonic move and wing road into combat.

Well thats all I can think of off-hand. The Belka magic system does seem to more varied than its Mid-Childa counterpart hence I thought it might be a worthy topic to bring up since the finer points of what seperates them still aren't clear.
Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-02, 08:18   Link #1411
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

There's a thought that has been bothering me for somewhat. Back in A's, Chrono and Yuuno stated that the Belkan style branched off from the Midchildan system, and etc. Here in StrikerS, we learn that Modern Belka is actually a Midchildan emulation of the Belkan system.

This makes me wonder if the Belka system C&Y were referring to is actually the Modern Belkan system, and the actual Belkan system is really something different (maybe the Ancient Belka style?).

Also, one would wonder how long has Modern Belkan been around? Whatever magic the Knights used in A's fits well with Modern Belkan's definition. Are they MB users, or is what they used merely part of the varieties available to AB users, and that the Midchildans merely copied this part of its grand legacy?

(Heck, the Holy Belkan Empire is starting to influence me again.)

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-02, 09:05   Link #1412
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

The Wolkenritter use Ancient Belka.

Concerning the date of establishment, from NanohaWiki:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern Belka
現在のところ、いつ頃創設された体系なのか等は、詳しく触れられていないので不明。
TL: Up to now, details such as when this system was established have not been mentioned, and thus are unknown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
There's a thought that has been bothering me for somewhat. Back in A's, Chrono and Yuuno stated that the Belkan style branched off from the Midchildan system, and etc.
IMHO, this might be a TL mistake from TheTriad.
NanohaWiki:
Quote:
Originally Posted by A's Belka
かつてはミッドチルダ式と次元世界を二分する勢力を誇っていた。 現在は衰退しているが、根強い使用者がいる。
TL: Formerly, a system that could boast of dividing the Interdimensional World in two, along with Mid style. This system is now in decline, but it still has strong supporters.
I also just checked the A's episode in question, and
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuuno
そのむかし、ミッド式と魔法勢力を二分した魔法体系だよ
TL: A long time ago, it was a magic system that, along with Mid style, divided magic influence between the two of them. (bleh, I can't tl today... sounds really weird)
Not "splitting off" from Mid-style, but each sharing a half of the total influence.
Old 2007-09-02, 09:17   Link #1413
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by selkirk View Post
The Wolkenritter use Ancient Belka.

Concerning the date of establishment, from NanohaWiki:

TL: Up to now, details such as when this system was established have not been mentioned, and thus are unknown.

IMHO, this might be a TL mistake from TheTriad.
NanohaWiki:

TL: Formerly, a system that could boast of dividing the Interdimensional World in two, along with Mid style. This system is now in decline, but it still has strong supporters.

TL: A long time ago, it was a magic system that, along with Mid style, divided magic influence between the two of them. (bleh, I can't tl today... sounds really weird)
Not "splitting off" from Mid-style, but each sharing a half of the total influence.
Thanks, selkirk . That was fast, and very useful .

I wonder what the Belka users think of MB though. Could they have seen it as an insult, a joke or a severe copyright issue?

Signature by liro
Old 2007-09-02, 09:38   Link #1414
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
I wonder what the Belka users think of MB though. Could they have seen it as an insult, a joke or a severe copyright issue?
Or perhaps pride that their style was strong enough to resurect from decline.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-02, 10:59   Link #1415
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by selkirk View Post

I couldn't stop grinning at these two facts. When I crafted the Ancient Belka history, I forgot the branching. But looks like I was correct after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Or perhaps pride that their style was strong enough to resurect from decline.
Especially with a "Messiah of Modern Belka".
Old 2007-09-02, 14:29   Link #1416
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
I couldn't stop grinning at these two facts. When I crafted the Ancient Belka history, I forgot the branching. But looks like I was correct after all.
Myself, I was very much ready to ignore the branching part and use that theory about the real Belka being something different.

Another thing I noted is that so far the Belka cartridge users we've seen (Signum, Vita, Schach and Zest) all use what I call "one-shot-load" weapons (open -> load cartridge -> slam -> explosion! -> used up -> open -> load cartridge....), whereas the Midchildan and MB cartridge systems are usually automatic stuff (something like chain loading and sorts).

I wonder (again) if this merely a difference in fighting style (since the Midchildans are generally spellcasters and would thus need more MP within a short period of time, compared to the Knights who just need enough to buff them for a certain period of time), or does Belkan cartridges generally hold more power than their Midchildan counterparts?

Signature by liro
Old 2007-09-02, 14:33   Link #1417
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Myself, I was very much ready to ignore the branching part and use that theory about the real Belka being something different.

Another thing I noted is that so far the Belka cartridge users we've seen (Signum, Vita, Schach and Zest) all use what I call "one-shot-load" weapons (open -> load cartridge -> slam -> explosion! -> used up -> open -> load cartridge....), whereas the Midchildan and MB cartridge systems are usually automatic stuff (something like chain loading and sorts).

I wonder (again) if this merely a difference in fighting style (since the Midchildans are generally spellcasters and would thus need more MP within a short period of time, compared to the Knights who just need enough to buff them for a certain period of time), or does Belkan cartridges generally hold more power than their Midchildan counterparts?
Well, the melee Velka users you're refering too do the same as the caster Velka users, really. They either power up single attacks, or activate higher forms.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-03, 04:21   Link #1418
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Is there anywhere that shows the ages (and canon past, if possible) of the support cast, paticularly Carim and Acous?

Signature by liro
Old 2007-09-03, 04:30   Link #1419
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Is there anywhere that shows the ages (and canon past, if possible) of the support cast, paticularly Carim and Acous?
I don't think so. I don't see their ages listed anywhere thus far, even Nanohawiki.

We should be able to overall guess though. From Chrono and Acous's conversation, they're probably around the same age, and since Chrono, Acous and Carim were friends for a long time, Carim herself probably isn't that much older either.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-03, 10:21   Link #1420
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I don't think so. I don't see their ages listed anywhere thus far, even Nanohawiki.

We should be able to overall guess though. From Chrono and Acous's conversation, they're probably around the same age, and since Chrono, Acous and Carim were friends for a long time, Carim herself probably isn't that much older either.
Hmm, in that case, that would put Acous in his early to mid-twenties. As for Carim,perhaps she's somewhere near to late-twenties to early thirties?

Signature by liro