081 - 090: Great 66 20.43%
071 - 080: Very Good 46 14.24%
061 - 070: Good 50 15.48%
051 - 060: Average 24 7.43%
041 - 050: Below Average 17 5.26%
031 - 040: Bad 6 1.86%
021 - 030: Very Bad 4 1.24%
011 - 020: Awful 10 3.10%
001 - 010: You would rather watch Britney Spears exposing her crotch. *shudder* 22 6.81%
Voters: 323. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-01-03, 02:34   Link #301
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Look on the bright side... if Bandai ever decides to make a PG 00 Qan[T], maybe they'll do a full motion CG video of it in action, like with the PG Strike's Gundam Evolve video

But yeah, for all the hype the 00 Qan[T] gets, it doesn't really do much in the way of slicing-and-dicing action. Although against an enemy like the ELS that would understandably be a very bad idea

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-03, 02:34   Link #302
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
It did? On the ELS Gadelaza? I didn't know that.

Any other changes?
Sorry, I got it wrong. 00 didnt Raiser Sword it, but rather Graham suicides it instead of the Planetoid. It's still a fairly large plot point however, especially when it involves a character's death, or rather a large modification of an important scene in the movie with the re-appearence of a different one and the different death of another.

Oh, the ELS 00 Raiser also only appeared in the adaptation although I'm not aware whether it contradicts anything or not. If it's involves the main characters, then it likely does then.

Hmmm.........I also recall 00Q 2.0 looking fairly normal before it landed on the flower field. This one I'm hoping some other reliable source corroborates in the future, although the current manga isnt too reliable as a canon source I'm afraid. Still, at least in the movie, the legs appear to be normal so there is some small basis at least.

Most of the stuff presented in the manga like the ELS Gadelaza/00R and the pre-landing normal 00Q 2.0 are conceptually sound. Just that in the case of the former, the movie makes them unused as a coincidental thing in terms of actual events occurred.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2011-01-03 at 02:50.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-03, 02:43   Link #303
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
This movie is kinda making me FURIOUS.

Furious that those awesome mobile suits aren't featured in a proper 50+ episode series...

Qan[T] has to be one of the most visceral and impressive mobile suits I have ever watched in any semi-realistic mecha anime out there.
I would of loved to see the movie's plot as a 50 episode series, or even a 6-12 mini-series.

It would of given Descartes more screen time.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-03, 02:45   Link #304
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
subs are out...for those who were waiting.
Old 2011-01-03, 02:46   Link #305
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I would of loved to see the movie's plot as a 50 episode series, or even a 6-12 mini-series.

It would of given Descartes more screen time.
I think the best alternate option would have been an OVA like Unicorn. Even a 25-episode series would have been dragging things out far too long, so maybe three hour-long episodes would be ideal. It would give an extra hour of screen-time to include a bunch of stuff.
Old 2011-01-03, 02:48   Link #306
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Hmmm.........I also recall 00Q 2.0 looking fairly normal before it landed on the flower field.
That's more or less how it is in the movie even. It's clearly shown that the flowers grow from the 00Q when the scene pans to it. Had the flowers been a part of the 00Q in the first place it wouldn't have that effect. And the design for the ELS 00Q in the manga does match what we see of the machine in the movie.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2011-01-03, 02:54   Link #307
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
That's more or less how it is in the movie even. It's clearly shown that the flowers grow from the 00Q when the scene pans to it. Had the flowers been a part of the 00Q in the first place it wouldn't have that effect. And the design for the ELS 00Q in the manga does match what we see of the machine in the movie.
That's really good to hear. I really want a HG of the "normal" one.
Old 2011-01-03, 03:02   Link #308
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
subs are out...for those who were waiting.
Had to be from "them".....tempted to pass and wait honestly.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-03, 03:06   Link #309
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
there are two groups. if you don't like either...good luck on finding another sub group...or you can always buy the dvd/blu ray.

They're not that bad. the subs are good.
Old 2011-01-03, 03:07   Link #310
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
That's really good to hear. I really want a HG of the "normal" one.
Actually, the manga!ELS 00 Qan[T] does not in fact match the the movie!ELS 00 Qan[T]. The differences are minor, but they are there: look at the left shoulder. In the manga, the 00 Qan[T]'s shoulders are now symmetrical to one another. In the movie, you can see that the shoulder matches the original 00 Qan[T], and in fact, you can see the attachment holding the shield binder is present.
Old 2011-01-03, 03:07   Link #311
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Also, do be warned that there are two versions of the BSS subs, one having a joke sub for the Celestial Being movie.

Old 2011-01-03, 03:09   Link #312
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Waiting on the dub?

Quote:
They're not bad, but in the version I watched there were some ackward lines that looked like direct, literal translations.
Old 2011-01-03, 03:10   Link #313
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Waiting on the dub?

They're not bad, but in the version I watched there were some ackward lines that looked like direct, literal translations.
Kaioshin Sama doesn't like that subbing groups these days tend to be trollish of what they translate and distribute... BSS being one of them concerning Gundam.
Old 2011-01-03, 03:11   Link #314
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Kaioshin Sama doesn't like that subbing groups these days tend to be trollish of what they translate and distribute... BSS being one of them concerning Gundam.
That makes sense.
Old 2011-01-03, 03:13   Link #315
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
there are two groups. if you don't like either...good luck on finding another sub group...or you can always buy the dvd/blu ray.

Probably going to end up buying the R1 blu-ray in the end. I've already discussed how I really want no more part of dealing with either troll-sub groups who think they are being clever by frequently inserting memes into their translations and trolling the shows they sub or poorly done subs in general. Better to wait for the third option to present itself.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-03, 03:13   Link #316
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Actually, the manga!ELS 00 Qan[T] does not in fact match the the movie!ELS 00 Qan[T]. The differences are minor, but they are there: look at the left shoulder. In the manga, the 00 Qan[T]'s shoulders are now symmetrical to one another. In the movie, you can see that the shoulder matches the original 00 Qan[T], and in fact, you can see the attachment holding the shield binder is present.
I can see what you're talking about with the shoulder, but I don't see the shield binder attachment on the ELS 00Q anywhere. Given that shapeshifting nature of the ELS though...

Old 2011-01-03, 03:16   Link #317
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Probably going to end up buying the R1 blu-ray in the end. I've already discussed how I really want no more part of dealing with either troll-sub groups who think they are being clever by frequently inserting memes into their translations and trolling the shows they sub or poorly done subs in general. Better to wait for the third option to present itself.
Agreed. Besides, I personally thought the English dub of Gundam 00 was rather good.
Old 2011-01-03, 03:27   Link #318
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Agreed. Besides, I personally thought the English dub of Gundam 00 was rather good.
I'll....stay away from dub of anime. Only thing I guess is good is DBZ lol.

Wait so both the bss and gg has some troll parts?
Old 2011-01-03, 03:30   Link #319
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
You do realize that any minute now, KLAC will be harping about this for the next 136543536 times following now?

I'm kinda annoyed that my sub wasn't that all reliable, it even gave me viruses X_X, which my scanner saw...
Old 2011-01-03, 03:30   Link #320
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
I'll....stay away from dub of anime. Only thing I guess is good is DBZ lol.
You know there's quite a few good dubs out there, though in the end it comes down to personal preference.