AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-01-05, 20:40   Link #1
Garigari-kun
The Combat Otaku

Location: Hiding here in Closed Space with Haruhi, Konata, Nagi, and Kirino. Reading: Grimoire
Have you Fallen In Love to an Anime Character?

Have you Fallen In Love to an Anime Character?, (Please state who and why...)

This topic is quite embarrassing..(LOL, but I still post it anyway) but I admit that I'm still in love to an anime character.. Maybe someday, I'll see her as a real person or I'll see her in the anime world (I'm starting to believe things such as Anime World Afterlife)..

Who? erhm...Hatsune Miku =w= Why? She change my life and I even make a song, making a fiction about her etc. etc. But everything is change since some of the VOCALOID fans always want KAITO for her as a partner and it makes me feel jealous and i want to kick someone or something just to release this anger! (that's why I uninstall my Vocaloid, MMD, and other Miku stuff here in my PC.) For an unknown reason, I still love her...

...And I had a message for her:
"I want to change things. I want to believe that anything can be changed. The moment I met you, a new world opened up for me. You see, after wandering in the darkness for so long, a light brought me happiness. It's all thanks to you

You may be UNREAL, but I still love you. Miku Hatsune :')"
Garigari-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 21:03   Link #2
Mr. Wang
Scholar of Yanderes
*Author

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Wang
Ah... Kotonoha Katsura...

"When I first saw you, I thought you were a very pretty girl, and like the same boy who discovered you, I later found out that I could watch you from the distance and admire you... I suppose this barrier between real and fiction sort of makes me distanced from you anyway...

As I... knew you better, I could not feel anything but sorrow and sympathy for the hard life you've had to endure throughout school, facing those bullying girls here, and your boyfriend who cheated on you... It was some time after all that turmoil and your... subsequent breakdown, I kinda discovered how beautiful you were, modest you were, how cute you looked... made me wonder why the hell Makoto cheated on you in the first place. In the end, it... it kinda made me happy thinking about making you happy. To bring a smile on your face, the happiness that you truly deserve..."

Okay, am I getting too into it? I still feel insecure that I'm in love with Kotonoha Katsura. Try explaining that to your friends, even Otaku ones. Kotonoha makes my life... somewhat more optimistic, in how I wish I could find a real girl like her, and how... after all that's happened to her... I liked that she was pure. That she was cute. That she was innocent. And that she thought highly of love. A shame that in School Days, this all lead to some series of very unfortunate events. But, if I can make her happy, then... that'd make me feel good. It's strange how much fictional characters can influence us so much. An anime worlds in the afterlife would make the thought... a bit more pleasant

I once contemplated something, several years ago when I started writing fanfiction stories: "Some characters are merely human souls entrapped within fictional bodies."
Old 2011-01-06, 03:50   Link #3
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
I could have sworn there was an anime crush topic here, but my memory is spotty.

There's only been one case where I've been absolutely charmed by an anime character, and it goes to Sakura Kinomoto from Cardcaptor Sakura. She's got a simple yet incredibly infectious cute face to her coupled with a straightforward, do-your-best personality yet somehow manages to not become even slightly annoying. She was also my introduction into the moe' side of otaku culture and I really couldn't have asked for anyone better. I've also got considerable respect for her and her series, hence part of my namesake, and still love her in such a completely platonic way.
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 05:28   Link #4
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Hehehe, I easily get fall in love with in any beautiful and cute anime character.

But it doesn't last because new cute charaters appear every now and then....and plus the cute cosplayers.. AHHHHHHH..... no!!!!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 21:32   Link #5
Garigari-kun
The Combat Otaku

Location: Hiding here in Closed Space with Haruhi, Konata, Nagi, and Kirino. Reading: Grimoire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wang View Post
Ah... Kotonoha Katsura...

"When I first saw you, I thought you were a very pretty girl, and like the same boy who discovered you, I later found out that I could watch you from the distance and admire you... I suppose this barrier between real and fiction sort of makes me distanced from you anyway...

As I... knew you better, I could not feel anything but sorrow and sympathy for the hard life you've had to endure throughout school, facing those bullying girls here, and your boyfriend who cheated on you... It was some time after all that turmoil and your... subsequent breakdown, I kinda discovered how beautiful you were, modest you were, how cute you looked... made me wonder why the hell Makoto cheated on you in the first place. In the end, it... it kinda made me happy thinking about making you happy. To bring a smile on your face, the happiness that you truly deserve..."

Okay, am I getting too into it? I still feel insecure that I'm in love with Kotonoha Katsura. Try explaining that to your friends, even Otaku ones. Kotonoha makes my life... somewhat more optimistic, in how I wish I could find a real girl like her, and how... after all that's happened to her... I liked that she was pure. That she was cute. That she was innocent. And that she thought highly of love. A shame that in School Days, this all lead to some series of very unfortunate events. But, if I can make her happy, then... that'd make me feel good. It's strange how much fictional characters can influence us so much. An anime worlds in the afterlife would make the thought... a bit more pleasant

I once contemplated something, several years ago when I started writing fanfiction stories: "Some characters are merely human souls entrapped within fictional bodies."
Ohh, can I read it?

Nendoroid © Good Smile Company
"I'm just one
Hell of a OTAKU"
Old 2011-01-06, 21:44   Link #6
kaisama

Uhm, no, why would I fall in love with papers ?
kaisama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 21:55   Link #7
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisama View Post
Uhm, no, why would I fall in love with papers ?
The most sensible thing said in this thread.~
Old 2011-01-06, 21:58   Link #8
InitialGT

^no

love is irrational and non physical. stop messing with this thread
InitialGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 22:00   Link #9
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akito_Kinomoto View Post
I could have sworn there was an anime crush topic here, but my memory is spotty.
You're referring to this thread "Your First "Anime Crush""

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=92935
Old 2011-01-06, 22:05   Link #10
Garigari-kun
The Combat Otaku

Loving a fictional character or isn't about logic or reason.

"I'm just one
Hell of a OTAKU"
Old 2011-01-06, 22:12   Link #11
LotsOfLaughs
I know. I'm lame.

Anyways, I had crush on Shino Aburame before. Pretty weird but I just love everything about him. I used to draw pictures of him ^_^
Yes. I know. It's pretty weird.

My uberly lame MAL
LotsOfLaughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 22:15   Link #12
Kamui4356
Aria Company

So, you're asking if we have a waifu? I may have. Though if I do, my av and sig are of course completely unrelated.

Seriously though, I don't think it's as strange as some people seem to believe. I mean people have crushes on celebrities all the time. Having a crush on an anime character is the same thing, except they have one less dimension. Though like with anything some people can go a bit to far with it.
Old 2011-01-06, 22:18   Link #13
Garigari-kun
The Combat Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by InitialGT View Post
^no

love is irrational and non physical. stop messing with this thread

forgot to say Arigatou Gozaimasu..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
So, you're asking if we have a waifu? I may have. Though if I do, my av and sig are of course completely unrelated.

Seriously though, I don't think it's as strange as some people seem to believe. I mean people have crushes on celebrities all the time. Having a crush on an anime character is the same thing, except they have one less dimension. Though like with anything some people can go a bit to far with it.

Yes, you can't help it if you're going to fall inlove with a REAL person or UNREAL..

"I'm just one
Hell of a OTAKU"
Old 2011-01-06, 22:24   Link #14
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garigari-kun View Post

Yes, you can't help it if you're going to fall inlove with a REAL person or UNREAL..
It's not like loving a fictional character is going to bring any fulfillment into your life though, and it can't return the feelings you might have for it.
Old 2011-01-06, 22:29   Link #15
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
It's not like loving a fictional character is going to bring any fulfillment into your life though, and It can't return the feelings you might have for it.
True, but that's your one-sided love for you

Its basically a feeling of the type of person you actually want to be with, based on the emotions (or how cute they are to most people) or anything that they have that can synchronize with your lifestyle, that is one way you can fall in love with an anime character.

There are also traits you might admire about an anime character and that will inspire love towards them, basically where I'm getting at, there are many things people fall in love with anime characters and establish a one-sided relationship between them, as long as they feel happy towards it, we really have nothing to say against it.
Old 2011-01-06, 22:52   Link #16
Garigari-kun
The Combat Otaku

Quote:
True, but that's your one-sided love for you

Its basically a feeling of the type of person you actually want to be with, based on the emotions (or how cute they are to most people) or anything that they have that can synchronize with your lifestyle, that is one way you can fall in love with an anime character.

There are also traits you might admire about an anime character and that will inspire love towards them, basically where I'm getting at, there are many things people fall in love with anime characters and establish a one-sided relationship between them, as long as they feel happy towards it, we really have nothing to say against it.
I don't know what to say.. but this is supposed to be a poll thread

"I'm just one
Hell of a OTAKU"
Old 2011-01-06, 22:52   Link #17
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
It's not like loving a fictional character is going to bring any fulfillment into your life though, and it can't return the feelings you might have for it.
Not everyone finds fulfillment in the same way though. You have people who's greatest joy is to find someone to marry, raise 2.5 kids, get a house in the suburbs with a picket fence, a decent job, and generally live the American dream. Then you have people who want nothing to do with that, and would like nothing better than to spend their days building model ships out of matchsticks, or set up elaborate model railroads. This could be another form of that, and alternate way to find fulfillment in life. Though for most it's a temporary thing, and they'll eventually get over their crush and find someone to settle down with, or at least put it aside. For those that it's only a temporary thing, there's no harm. For those that can actually find fulfillment with a waifu, that's great that they found something that makes them happy. I do feel bad for those people who believe they can't find someone to love them, and turn to a waifu as a substitute though.

Last edited by Kamui4356; 2011-01-06 at 23:06.
Kamui4356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 22:54   Link #18
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garigari-kun View Post
I don't know what to say.. but this is supposed to be a poll thread
A poll thread? Oh, you were originally gonna make a poll containing either "yes" or "no" in them for options for them right? Well I got confused and thought of it as a discussion thread sorry for the mistake, just trying to respond to a few comments trying to clarify the situation.
Old 2011-01-06, 23:46   Link #19
SJCrew
Anachro-Romeo

Man, I hope I'm dead or at least contemplating suicide before I seriously fall in love with a fictional media character. But that doesn't mean one can't at least admire magnificent writing and grown fond of the traits that you'd like to see in your own mate someday. I think we should keep the discussion there and leave this "love" business for when we find our real significant others in person.

*nods*

But in the spirit of the topic, I'm going to mention Haruka Shitow of RahXephon. She's so devoted to her boyfriend that even a time rift aging them twelve years apart coupled with memory loss on his end does not deter her from doing everything she can to care for him and be with him. All good women should be like this IMO.

And plus, she does like, everything. She can fight, she can pilot a jet, and she's a badass with a handgun if she needs to be. She's also determined in just about everything she does, and her info-gathering skills puts her on top of just about anything that's going on. I mean, fuck, she's like superwoman or something.
SJCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 00:21   Link #20
DasDingus
Dango Daikaizoku

Quote:
In my mind whether or not you believe somebody can be in love with an anime character (or any other fictional character for that matter) depends simply on what your definition of being in love is. If you are like me you think that in order to be in love you need to have some level of back and forth interaction between the two people in question. Obviously that's not possible with fictional characters. This impassable barrier seems to have lead to a lot of negative perception in society of people who develop such attachments.

However, I don't feel that it is fair to label somebody as "weird" because of such infatuations. Fictional characters are designed to represent physical, mental, emotional etc traits that exist in real life. What we find attractive is based on those various cues regardless of whether they are possessed by a flesh and blood human being or by a fictional character. When you look at it from that angle it is entirely possible and in many ways normal to feel such emotions for a fictional character if they hit you just right. In fact, it is far more reasonable for somebody to be "in love" with a character they saw in an anime than to be "in love" with the girl who sits 2 rows in front of him in math class simply because he knows far more about the fictional character whose daily life he's viewed on TV than the girl he only sees through the narrow window of classes at school.

I guess my point is, I wouldn't be quick to label somebody who is attracted to a fictional character as a loser or weird. When somebody starts acting on such emotions and forgoing interaction with real humans for the sake of his 2D lover then we're getting outside the realm of normal behavior, but for somebody to feel an attraction to something 2D and acknowledge those feelings is completely normal in my mind.

PS: I feel like I'm kind of hijacking the thread here. To answer Garigari's question, I rather fancy one Miss Matsuri Shihou myself.

Last edited by DasDingus; 2011-01-09 at 19:26.
DasDingus is offline   Reply With Quote