AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-12-26, 23:47   Link #81
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

I can imagine Naruto looking like how the 4th looked except for those fox whiskers and stuff. I would prefer Naruto kind of looking how he did in a certain manga cover that had him wearing a chuunin uniform, though it would be better if he's a bit more taller than the cover depicted.

I just can't wait to see what new jutsus Naruto has learned and how much he has improved when it comes to ninjutsu, genjutsu, and taijutsu. We are talking about a guy who can practically train to the very limits of his stamina for an entire day and be up and ready to train the next day while everyone else would not be able to do such a constant daily action for three years.
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-27, 00:32   Link #82
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubileerain
I always thought that Akatsuki wanted youma because youma are powerful & had tons of chakra. It's one of the reasons they want kyuubi right? I can't think of them using youma any other way then putting it into their body, like kyuubi inside Naruto. So far in the series, chakra seems to be used for a lot of things like ninjutsu, heightened speed & strength. I figure they're on some quest collecting youma & different kinds of jutsu.

I suppose it's a possibility for the Akatsuki to invent a new way of using youma chakra, like putting it in a special pill or something like that, instead of putting it into a body. ::shrugs::
Another possibility may be that the Akatsuki intend to use Naruto as their medium in using the Kyuubi's chakra. It looks like the best option for their group. For one, there is no guarantee that they can successfully extract the Kyuubi's chakra. It's already slowly merging with Naruto's, and since they will be waiting for three years to go ahead with their plans, it's going to merge even more.

Also, the Kyuubi's chakra is massive, at least from the few times we've seen it manifested physically. Popular opinion on this board as well as my own suggests that what we have seen is only a fraction of what is really sealed inside of Naruto. What guarantees do the Akatsuki have that they can control the chakra if they are successful in extracting it? Especially after what the VFT-nin witnessed at the valley, (i.e., the chakra acting of its own accord, at least in my opinion.) Imagine what the chakra can do once released.

There's also the fear both the Third and Kakashi shared when each thought that the seal was in danger of being released or broken. Obviously they know or at least suspect that something horrible would happen. Personally, I think it's either a massive explosion of the Kyuubi's chakra at such a scale that it could destroy something as large as the Leaf Village and the surrounding area, or the Kyuubi returning to form and resuming its quest for destruction. I seriously doubt that the Akatsuki will be prepared or have time to react if any of these scenarios were to happen.

The best option, at least in my mind, is for them to concoct a way to bring Naruto over to their side. Not by choice, since I dont see any situation that would cause Naruto to switch allegiance with the Leaf with them. Especially after what Kisame threatened to do to him. No, I think their best bet would be to have someone in their group use genjutsu to brainwash Naruto into believing in their cause, perhaps even going as far as erasing all of his memories and replacing them with whatever they find appropriate.
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-27, 01:47   Link #83
ooh-zoo-mah-kee
naa woo toe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by socomberetta
The best option, at least in my mind, is for them to concoct a way to bring Naruto over to their side. Not by choice, since I dont see any situation that would cause Naruto to switch allegiance with the Leaf with them. Especially after what Kisame threatened to do to him. No, I think their best bet would be to have someone in their group use genjutsu to brainwash Naruto into believing in their cause, perhaps even going as far as erasing all of his memories and replacing them with whatever they find appropriate.

This calls as a job for Itachi!!!!
and yea Kyuubi's chakra was said to be virtually infinite so if it were to be released then that would be a very big explosion It says in the first episode that a simple swing of the Kyuubi's tail could cause tidal waves and mountains to crumble. Hard to believe that he was sealed just like that eh?

The Third said that there was a one in a million chance that the seal could break but that chance is still big if you compare it to what will happen if the seal does in fact break. My guess is that the Kyuubi's soul would be released since the seal is what's keeping him contained inside Naruto. Also, when Naruto went berserk during his fight with Haku, Kakashi said 'did naruto's seal break? no, the seal is merely about to break, I can still make it in time' I think that what he meant by that was that if the Kyuubi were to be released, he would use the same jutsu the Fourth used, of course assuming he knows it but i wouldnt be surprised if he did since Kakashi was his student, to re-seal the Kyuubi. How else would he 'make it in time' if the seal were to break?Im more toward the theory that Kyuubi will be released than an explosion.
ooh-zoo-mah-kee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-27, 02:19   Link #84
Alchemist

God, I think I'll age a decade in the next month.

And it's only for a single chapter... maybe if it was a double chapter or something like that.

244 was cool, but I think the best thing about it was that it ended the gaiden. Sure, we don't know how kakashi got the 3rd tear nor how Rin died, but now we know when part 2 will resume. I wonder what will be in that first chapter of part 2... chapter 245. The first thing I'd like to see is naruto's new look. After that, I want to see how sasuke is doing and how is orochimaru planning to take his body.
Alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-27, 03:32   Link #85
Orachimaru Sanin
Shotgun Surgeon

Send a message via MSN to Orachimaru Sanin Send a message via Yahoo to Orachimaru Sanin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek
One thing that bothers me about this chapter is that Obito was still alive after the eye transplant and Kakashi's fight. How long has it been since the entire right half of his body was crushed? It's just absurd that he's still alive, much less conscious, after that much time.

I don't know. Maybe it's so absurd that a freaky 12 year old kid can create fireballs in his hands. Come On!!! give it some leave way.
Orachimaru Sanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-27, 13:34   Link #86
Anko Plushy

Location: Sometimes LA sometimes the Soul Society sometimes SD sometimes Konoha it all depends on my mood
Send a message via AIM to Anko Plushy Send a message via Yahoo to Anko Plushy
it was a sad chapter... a VERY sad chapter...*sniffs* but I'm over it so anyways... ummmm... I hope we get to see Naruto again.. ^-^ YAYS! *huggles Naruto plushy* I seriously hope they don't start another arc... T_T I don't need to see anymore depressing things...
Anko Plushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-27, 14:16   Link #87
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Isn't 3 a magic number or something is japanese culture? I think Kishimoto mentioned that in 1 of his interviews.
Actually '3' is a "magic" number in nearly all cultures including the West (3 is one of the many biblical numbers. I must know *points at nick* ) Plus, 3 years is a good choice: neither too long nor too short. Just perfect. (That is a matter of preference really but I do think that way)

Quote:
I prefer if there were no timeskip, but I am curious about what the characters are like in 3 years.
Me too. I'm relying on flashbacks to fill in the gaps here and there instead of a detailed view on how they trained or why. Leaving the reader in suspence and suprising him is great. It will be similar to the beginning of the series where you didn't know what would happen because you did not know which Jutsus there were in the Naruto world.

Quote:
I think Obito & Rin are better off dead, especially since that's what we're led to believe. . . Still, I don't want to rule out anything. I don't think Obito would be in Akatsuki though, it wouldn't suit his personality. He's a nice boy
OMG, no! Obito survived and developed the Death God Seal Technique together with the 4th. As a matter of fact, Obito is sealed into Sasuke. You can't see the seal usually because it is covered by Sasuke's panties. Yes, the 4th has no shame in using the most weird places...

Did I already mention the fact that imagination is dangerous in the wrong hands (heads)? No? Now I do

Quote:
I can't believe the next chapter comes out in a month. I don't think we can discuss chapter 244 for a month. I get impatient just waiting a week! @_@
Don't worry, everything will develop differently than you think. Like this most likely:

- Thread dies after ~1 weeks
- some "genious member" realizes that there is no Chapter 245 Discussion next week and decides to create a thread called "Wtf, were 1s teh 245?! OMG!". Obviously this will earn him a lot of flames and the discussion about 244 heats up again. (Repeat this step one time for each passing week)
- People will go off-topic on this thread and discuss completely irrelevant topics. Example:

time skip --> appearance will change --> how will Naruto and the others look like? --> Naruto will look like the 4th because he is his son --> Discussion about Naruto being his son or not --> Akatsuki is cool --> Itachi pwns all --> Next chapter gets released and everyone is glad.

EDIT: Anko Plushy, you typed loneliness wrong in your sig in case you haven't noticed :x *huggles _Sin_ plushy*
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-27, 14:22   Link #88
jubileerain
manga psycho ^_^

Send a message via AIM to jubileerain
Quote:
Another possibility may be that the Akatsuki intend to use Naruto as their medium in using the Kyuubi's chakra. It looks like the best option for their group. For one, there is no guarantee that they can successfully extract the Kyuubi's chakra. It's already slowly merging with Naruto's, and since they will be waiting for three years to go ahead with their plans, it's going to merge even more. Personally, I think it's either a massive explosion of the Kyuubi's chakra at such a scale that it could destroy something as large as the Leaf Village and the surrounding area, or the Kyuubi returning to form and resuming its quest for destruction. I seriously doubt that the Akatsuki will be prepared or have time to react if any of these scenarios were to happen.
Naruto as their medium, that's something I didn't consider. Interesting If Kisame cut off his limbs they could still keep Naruto alive, but no limbs would definitely immobilize him, & prevent him from escaping. & I agree, Kyuubi's chakra MUST be massive.
Quote:
Brainwash Naruto? LOL they'll have a hard time doing it. He's so dumb & stubborn. That's one hell of a genjutsu technique.
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
OMG, no! Obito survived and developed the Death God Seal Technique together with the 4th. As a matter of fact, Obito is sealed into Sasuke. You can't see the seal usually because it is covered by Sasuke's panties. Yes, the 4th has no shame in using the most weird places...

Did I already mention the fact that imagination is dangerous in the wrong hands (heads)? No? Now I do
LOL! Now who has the crazy theories hmmm?
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin
Don't worry, everything will develop differently than you think. Like this most likely:
- Thread dies after ~1 weeks
- some "genious member" realizes that there is no Chapter 245 Discussion next week and decides to create a thread called "Wtf, were 1s teh 245?! OMG!". Obviously this will earn him a lot of flames and the discussion about 244 heats up again. (Repeat this step one time for each passing week)
- People will go off-topic on this thread and discuss completely irrelevant topics. Example:
time skip --> appearance will change --> how will Naruto and the others look like? --> Naruto will look like the 4th because he is his son --> Discussion about Naruto being his son or not --> Akatsuki is cool --> Itachi pwns all --> Next chapter gets released and everyone is glad.
LOL! You must be psychic.
jubileerain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-27, 23:16   Link #89
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Quote:
Brainwash Naruto? LOL they'll have a hard time doing it. He's so dumb & stubborn. That's one hell of a genjutsu technique.
Heh, him being the dimwit that he is should allow the process to go on smoothly.

I hope to Brakkas the magma god, that Kishimoto matures Naruto after the three years.
Old 2004-12-27, 23:17   Link #90
Nubixkube

Quote:
Maybe if Jiraiya realizes they want naruto, since he's his sensei, he'll have Naruto join to infiltrate akatsuki to determine their purpose.
Nubixkube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-27, 23:20   Link #91
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubixkube
Maybe if Jiraiya realizes they want naruto, since he's his sensei, he'll have Naruto join to infiltrate akatsuki to determine their purpose.
That'd be pretty cool.

I can already imagine Sasuke's reaction when he learns that Naruto is now in the same group as Itachi. That could be a great set-up for a rematch.
Old 2004-12-28, 10:16   Link #92
hokagenaruto3
Crescent & Star

Cutting of a leg, doesn't really mean using him as a 'medium', since they had no respect for his body, unless they knew Kyuubi could heal it in less than a second.

But if those notes are the key to the 4th's time/space teleportation, how did he teleport to kakashi and save him at the last second from that ugly stone-nins counter? While he saved kakashi he left a note, but I think he left a note to discover his position, not solely to teleport there.

Then again, he did ask all the Leaf nin to give him their kunai. Wonder what he was going to do with them?
ARGH THIS IS MAKING ME CRAZY!!!!

Last edited by hokagenaruto3; 2004-12-30 at 19:19.
hokagenaruto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 17:25   Link #93
kwanseemun

Send a message via AIM to kwanseemun

this is really off topic, i'm not sure whether i should be posting it in this thread or not, but i don't know what other thread to post it in...

when i heard that theres no more manga until the end of january, i couldn't help but realize that thats gonna make a heck of alot more filler in the anime.....
kwanseemun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 18:36   Link #94
Sheriff lobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwanseemun

this is really off topic, i'm not sure whether i should be posting it in this thread or not, but i don't know what other thread to post it in...

when i heard that theres no more manga until the end of january, i couldn't help but realize that thats gonna make a heck of alot more filler in the anime.....
well...they could always drag out this gaiden i.e show more of the 4th in action
Sheriff lobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 22:51   Link #95
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

actually i think they might actually stop naruto after the current anime arc and then start something like The Teenage Ninja Leaves or Naruto 2.
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 10:53   Link #96
AkatsukisApprentice
Akatsuki's Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff lobo
well...they could always drag out this gaiden i.e show more of the 4th in action
Yeah, I think so too, the anime people can really extend the manga chapters out and make at least 6 episodes for the gaiden...which is enough time I guess for the manga people to push ahead. Though I probably would expect a filler mission...but that would be weird w/o sasuke :P mabe something with some other nins. We are still in the sasuke vs naruto bit...so lets wait and see how many more eps are left for this arc before we come to come to a conclusion about what might happen.

Anyone know who might be the voice over for Yondaime in the anime?
AkatsukisApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-31, 14:00   Link #97
kwanseemun

Send a message via AIM to kwanseemun
haha yeah, i guess they could just stop the anime....it'd be kinda abrupt tho...and awkward....

if they do a bunch of filller tho, it'd prolly be more than 6 ep i think....thats alot but iunno maybe they would spread it out more or something? anyway i just think that cuz theres about 4 weeks of anime and no manga...so they'll have to make up for those 4 weeks, plus weekly anime is longer than weekly manga (uses up more of the storyline) and i think the anime team was prolly already considering doing some filler after they all got back to konoha cuz they're already pretty dangerously close to the point the manga is at....
kwanseemun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-31, 14:06   Link #98
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

I need chapter 245!
Old 2004-12-31, 14:58   Link #99
AkatsukisApprentice
Akatsuki's Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
I need chapter 245!
Dont we all!! But your going to have to wait for a few more weeks like the rest of us
AkatsukisApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 01:19   Link #100
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

you know I can't agree with Nine Devil any more than that. I have never been so impatient for a chapter of ANY manga/anime. I can't wait to see Naruto's new look WITHOUT the dumbass orange jumpsuit. As long he grew a little taller and has ditched the jumpsuit, I'll be a happy man.
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN- is offline   Reply With Quote