Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-10-20, 00:33   Link #1661
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibiloli View Post
I just came up with an idea, Yui is in Watashi's shoes and learns how to become a UN Mediator!

...I think it's been done.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 04:03   Link #1662
Chibiloli

Great, now you've got me thinking about the OreImo poster, Yuuya Bridges has not talked to his sister Yui, until one day he finds an Eroge in a Mecha Anime DVD case, Then there's the part where he temporarily becomes boyfriend to Ginneko, AKA Cryska.

As for putting the BETAverse characters in other universes, one arc in my story has them going to the universe of my main OC(Which is a mashup of all Gundam universes complete with dark history/age of strife and Warhammer 40,00, with few alien races).
Old 2013-10-20, 05:36   Link #1663
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Why does girls in Muv-Luv tend to be Yandere instead of Tsundere?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 02:28   Link #1664
Chibiloli

Would a TSF, any TSF with the usual armaments, stand a chance against an M1 Astray with Pulse weaponry?
Because if I recall, the GINN's used 76mm rounds, would 36mm rounds be sufficient to pierce the Astray's armor? Or any Mobile Suit for that matter?
Old 2013-10-21, 03:11   Link #1665
Mangathell

Quote:
Would a TSF, any TSF with the usual armaments, stand a chance against an M1 Astray with Pulse weaponry?
Because if I recall, the GINN's used 76mm rounds, would 36mm rounds be sufficient to pierce the Astray's armor? Or any Mobile Suit for that matter?
I get the feeling that the answer would be no, that astray has an equally big pair of 75mm chain guns that are mounted in the head... And that's almost certainly just the hold out weaponry considering the pulse weapon...

Edit: pulse weaponry doesn't come standard?! I want a refund! On that note that just hammers in the point if its normally meant to deal with stuff either with a blade or use the head mounted chain guns for damage dealing... Well...

And yet it's only 17.5m tall... they look like as though they should be twice that in the art work with their proportions.

Last edited by Mangathell; 2013-10-21 at 03:14. Reason: Inaccuracy in reasoning
Mangathell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 04:12   Link #1666
Chibiloli

well, in my story, Pulse weaponry is standard for the Tau Expy's in Mobile Suits, what about the 120mm rounds? Can't that work though?
Old 2013-10-21, 05:17   Link #1667
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
- Not the armor. But against more fragile items like sensors or exposed joints yes (I once used a Sniper rifle to blind a Zaku in the Operation Troy game on X360). Most of the 36mm rounds used can do a bit of damage, but it would have to be a sustained burst (like the gatlings on the A-10) to actually do damage to armored parts.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 10:31   Link #1668
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagoshod View Post
Some guy on /m/ who honestly wasn't just me under another trip code said they actually enjoyed reading A Soldier's Account.
You're now using this argument:
Quote:
"One person said they thought it was good, therefore you must be wrong when you say it's bad."
In support of your own work. The last time you used this argument, you intended it as a negative.

Hypocrisy much?

I've said what I wanted to say about your fic so there's no point in reinventing the wheel. Just the high points: Fix fic, stilted dialogue, flow is not smooth, not fully canon-compliant, dubious choice of epigraph quotes that do not completely mesh with the subject material. Will never surpass The Miracle at Palaven.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 10:43   Link #1669
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
Naw, I think of it more like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chidori Kuruma/Pallas Type-A
Because one 'ugly human' who actually cares for you and would never hurt you is all it takes to say this world isn't hopeless!
But you'll probably spin that around too and try to make the argument that I'm saying the world is an ugly place to live just because people don't like my fan fiction.

how do hyperbole on internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
dubious choice of epigraph quotes that do not completely mesh with the subject material.
What are you talking about? When I had the third chapter of Cadet open with a quote from Cure Peace claiming Happy Barrier was invincible or whatever, it totally meshed with the rest of the story.

Cure Peace = Hisako Kanemoto
Izumi = Hisako Kanemoto
Cure Peace forcefield = Izumi forcefield

It makes perfect sense.

A dubious choice would be more like if I opened with Amuro Ray saying "The Hi-Nu Gundam isn't just for show!" (because that would make that whole reference entirely too obvious and wouldn't be cleverly meta at all) or Sundowner saying "You can't break this shield, Jack!" (an inappropriate comparison since that particular shield does, in fact, end up getting broken).

And if you're still going on about how having a character go into the big final battle piloting a heavily customized Shiranui that's a symbolic Frankenstein amalgamation of all the different TSFs that character (would have) piloted throughout their life COMPLETELY runs contradictory to anything that could POSSIBLY happen in canon, how can you defend the last few chapters of the official Total Eclipse VN when it ended up doing the exact same goddamn thing?

Last edited by Hagoshod; 2013-10-21 at 11:16.
Hagoshod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 11:20   Link #1670
ServantOfPriss
Slowpoke

Quote:
Some guy on /m/ who honestly wasn't just me under another trip code said they actually enjoyed reading A Soldier's Account.

for that guy.
>posting fanfiction in 4chan in the first place

Why would you do that? Why put a tripcode to do that? Why do ANYTHING that 4chan considers "attentionwhoring" in the first place? Why, Mr. Hashogod? Why, why do you persist?
ServantOfPriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 12:06   Link #1671
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Naw, I think of it more like this:

But you'll probably spin that around too and try to make the argument that I'm saying the world is an ugly place to live just because people don't like my fan fiction.
No, I just find it amusingly hypocritical that you're using a previous argument against one person liking one thing as support for your own work.

Previously, when Darthtabby quoted DezoPenguin liking the prologue of Total Eclipse, you used that argument in an attempt to rebut. Now you're using it in support of your own work.

Again, it is ironic and hypocritical that you who twist and misrepresent the words of others preemptively accuses me of doing exactly that.

Quote:
What are you talking about? When I had the third chapter of Cadet open with a quote from Cure Peace claiming Happy Barrier was invincible or whatever, it totally meshed with the rest of the story.

Cure Peace = Hisako Kanemoto
Izumi = Hisako Kanemoto
Cure Peace forcefield = Izumi forcefield

It makes perfect sense.
Only to your mind. There is apparently no accounting for taste, or the lack thereof.

Quote:
A dubious choice would be more like if I opened with Amuro Ray saying "The Hi-Nu Gundam isn't just for show!" (because that would make that whole reference entirely too obvious and wouldn't be cleverly meta at all) or Sundowner saying "You can't break this shield, Jack!" (an inappropriate comparison since that particular shield does, in fact, end up getting broken).
And do you realise what all your examples, including your warped Hisako Kanemoto logic have in common? Not organic to the setting. Creates a jarrring feel in the reader. Does not feel right.

Go and read Tiberium Wars. Note the epigraphs used therein. Then compare with the quotes you use. Peptuck suceeds in finding and creating lines that fit the feel of the work without being jarring.

Quote:
And if you're still going on about how having a character go into the big final battle piloting a heavily customized Shiranui that's a symbolic Frankenstein amalgamation of all the different TSFs that character (would have) piloted throughout their life COMPLETELY runs contradictory to anything that could POSSIBLY happen in canon, how can you defend the last few chapters of the official Total Eclipse VN when it ended up doing the exact same goddamn thing?
And again, you lie and misrepresent. I have never said anything of the above, with regard to any fictional Shiranui variant. You're welcome to check my post history.

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2013-10-21 at 12:24.
Old 2013-10-21, 14:18   Link #1672
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
I'm arguing with Wild Goose over how well Pretty Cure fits in the Muv-Luv universe.

I like how this whole thing stems from the idea that I intended Soldier to actually be a good story and not just a dark joke or something. All I said was it was nice someone enjoyed it for what it is. My problem with the TE anime it IS (unintentionally) a complete joke with horrible pacing and characterization and you're trying to defend it as some serious war drama that should be off-limits for criticism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ServantOfPriss View Post
Why would you do that? Why put a tripcode to do that? Why do ANYTHING that 4chan considers "attentionwhoring" in the first place? Why, Mr. Hashogod? Why, why do you persist?
Because you're quoting The Matrix.

Last edited by Hagoshod; 2013-10-21 at 14:32.
Hagoshod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 18:29   Link #1673
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Well, if you know you're a joke, then tahu tak apa. It's good you realise that.

And yet for something that's supposedly a joke, you were so ardently defending it and insisting it was canon-compliant a year ago. Seems you're just trying to save face now, aren't you?

And again, hyperbole and misrepresentation. Funny, you keep accusing others of doing that, as if it's a bad thing, but then you turn around and do the exact same thing.

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2013-10-21 at 20:14. Reason: Because Sam.
Old 2013-10-21, 19:08   Link #1674
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Now, now, you guys do realize that there is no point to raise an ld flame, right?

And Goose, how long until you done with Comet?
Old 2013-10-21, 20:18   Link #1675
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

*shakes head, waves finger at Fireminer*

Questions about Comet will not make it arrive faster. It's currently at 40%. I do need to work and get paid and get money.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-10-21, 20:56   Link #1676
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

@Wild Goose: Sorry!

But why do you use so much bold words?

Guess that the new chapter of Comet is 10k words, right?
Old 2013-10-21, 21:02   Link #1677
Darthtabby

Quote:
I like how this whole thing stems from the idea that I intended Soldier to actually be a good story and not just a dark joke or something. All I said was it was nice someone enjoyed it for what it is. My problem with the TE anime it IS (unintentionally) a complete joke with horrible pacing and characterization and you're trying to defend it as some serious war drama that should be off-limits for criticism.
I don't think any of us thinks TE is immune from criticism -I can find quite a bit to criticize it for and I'm sure just about everyone on this subforum can as well. We just don't necessarily agree with your particular criticisms of it and would appreciate it if you'd stop harassing us just because we happen to like something you don't. Good neighbours know when to agree to disagree/live and let live.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 21:13   Link #1678
ServantOfPriss
Slowpoke

Rewatching Gall Force.

Realized the Gall Force Galls would work perfectly in an ML-like verse, or just "inserting" them (I hate that concept ironically) into the main ML-verse.

Think about it

>cute girls
>also very sexy girls
>drawn by Sonoda
>expert at combat, guns, mecha usage, etc.
>who fight aliens

and most importantly

Spoiler for For those who haven't seen Gall Force yet (GO WATCH IT):
ServantOfPriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 21:23   Link #1679
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
@Wild Goose: Sorry!

But why do you use so much bold words?

Guess that the new chapter of Comet is 10k words, right?
I use bolding for emphasis, because I'm stressing something important.

Generally, in published works, stress for emphasis would be conveyed with italics, which are also used for ship names or foreign words, but I prefer bold when posting, because when I'm quoted, the bolded parts will still show, instead of being lost by italicisation (since a quoted post is italicized).

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-10-21, 21:35   Link #1680
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Confusing, Confusing and More Confusing!

Anyway, beside Goose and Alastor, anyone here has plan to update their fic. Got to put on histatus my Extrat fic to concentrate on the upcoming Infinite Stratos/Gundam 00 fic.

Tags
fanfiction, harem