AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-30, 12:29   Link #121
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

This manga was pretty good. But the fight going to get really good. I hope they start the battle out with the three Supreme Admirals. I am putting my bet on some of the Royal Shichbukai are going to defect or betray the marines in some way in this battle. That was shocker that White Beard is a Devil fruit User. It makes me wonder if Gold D. Roger was a devil Fruit User.

I agree also that Ace got to the top pretty fast becasue of his Logia powers. Good percentage of the well known powerful one piece characters are valued pretty high on the list becuase of that Logia factor. Ex The supreme admirals, Smoker, Croc, Ace, Eneru, Black Beard, and that not counting how many are in the new world or the ones in this big war that just got started. The Marines probably offered Ace Shichibukai status becasue they have three Logia users of there own and they know how powerful they can be. If you take away there powers would any of them even make it to the top? Black Beard is another good example. He never made his move until he got his Logia powers. After that look how fast he rose to the top. They offered him Shichibukai status too. That now Three Logia users that have been offered Shichibukai Status. If you can't touch a logia User (which majority of the one piece characters in the universe can't) then that pretty much makes you a power house already without even trying.
Old 2009-07-30, 13:26   Link #122
Prestige

Again Oda delivers

Great chapter as always, can't remember when Oda has ever let me down though Thriller Bark was bit slow to start for me but this is just too awesome.

Very filling chapter with a TON of content just for 18 pages.

- Luffy did know that Gol D Roger was Aces dad
- Ace was very famous as captain of Spade pirates
- Ace was offered Shichibukai status
- Ace tracked Shanks to deliver Luffys message (and had great party with him)
- Ace and Jimbei fought for 5 days (!!!)
- Spade Pirates were defeated and assimilated by Whitebeard pirates
- Ace had a huge grudge against Whitebeard
- Ace attempted to kill WB for over 100 times (omg)
- Ace became very famous and beloved member of Whitebeard pirates
- Ace offered second division commander spot to Blackbeard but he refused
- Blackbeard was in Ace's division (not 100% if this was revelead earlier)
- Whitebeard DIDN'T order Ace to hunt down Blackbeard but it was Aces own decision
- Whitebeard is devil fruit user and can cause quakes and tsunamis
- Chats are done, fighting has started

For some other mangakas this amount of content could taken multiple chapters but this didnt even felt crammed and it was still had excellent level of art.

Excellent informative chapter with bit tragic emotion around it, give tons of information of both Ace and Whitebeard.
Old 2009-07-30, 14:35   Link #123
Tommy
Mr. Prince

I'm guessing Jimbei can use Haki, since he fought with Ace for so long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post

Also I'll admit that for me Ace is just a walking logia...And no matter what Auge says he'd be damn pathetic without his devil fruit.He is no more than just our regular grunt when his devil fruit is off.Tell me if Im wrong and show me a goddamn proof that ace doing something with his uber cool non-df abilities.

Last edited by Tommy; 2009-07-30 at 14:47.
Old 2009-07-30, 14:58   Link #124
Battler-kun

Holy crap. Oda surprised me again.
Luffy, Whitebeard, Ace....almost everyone did know Ace was the son of Gol.D.Roger.

Also it is sure now, that White Beard's power is beyond any of the admirals.
Only perhaps if the go 3 vs. 1 , they'd have a chance.

Also:
Oda will do funny shit with Zoro.
I mean after what he has done to Ussop.....
Old 2009-07-30, 15:01   Link #125
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post

Also, Luffy ate his DF before meeting with Ace for the first time. Imagine someone already more stronger than a df user; at that time, Luffy's punch was as strong as a pistol shot. Truly a monster among monsters.
Old 2009-07-30, 15:09   Link #126
Battler-kun

Well, Ace is the son of the former world strongest, non other than the pirate king.
What do you expect?^^

Also:

The tsunami will be stopped admiral aokijii.
That's one thing i am absolutely sure and i would bet money on it
Old 2009-07-30, 15:15   Link #127
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post
Well, Ace is the son of the former world strongest, non other than the pirate king.
What do you expect?^^

Also:

The tsunami will be stopped admiral aokijii.
That's one thing i am absolutely sure and i would bet money on it
Its coming in from both sides, he can't stop them both. Even if he freezes it, It'll be a giant wall of Ice, and if it is shattered, It would rain down on the people below
Old 2009-07-30, 15:19   Link #128
D Lusion AL

Im waiting for Luffy to make his entrance. He has a knack for destroying tense moments.
Old 2009-07-30, 15:24   Link #129
Gibber

Luffy went like omgwtf when he saw Rayleigh but he acted so normal when he revealed that Ace's father was Roger. o_o

Great chapter like usual though, OP never seems to fail.
Old 2009-07-30, 15:28   Link #130
Battler-kun

@MihawkXGP: We will see. We saw him in action once how he froze a big area just effortlessly.

@D Lusion Al: Luffy would be a weakling in that battle. Can't see him doing anything besides being the emotional backup or to trigger something bigger.
Old 2009-07-30, 15:38   Link #131
D Lusion AL

^^

Oh I never said he would make a dent in battle, Im just saying his entrance can chnge a predicted outcome. Besides, Luffy's goal is to rescue Ace, he wont fight unless he has to.
Old 2009-07-30, 15:43   Link #132
narutojm
wanegan user

itwas cool, but i am wayyyyyyyyy behind, like in skypeia arc behind
Old 2009-07-30, 16:15   Link #133
Tommy
Mr. Prince

A little off topic, but when did Oda change Ace's tattoo? I started reading the manga at Enies Lobby so I didn't notice it until now.

Spoiler for Before and after:
Old 2009-07-30, 16:19   Link #134
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
Uh, yes it is. It is from the Data Books that we knew the WB pirates had 16 Divisions. It was the Databooks which revealed the name of WB's ship, he names of the Bustercall Vice-Admirals etc etc.

They are canon, whether you want to accept it or not.
^The truth shall set you free!!
As for the chapter, this is all I seen......

"The War Begins!!"
Old 2009-07-30, 16:33   Link #135
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
Not too mention Luffy vs Zoro in Whiskey Peak [Which is canon] was even all the way through. Zoro was able to take all the damage Luffy took in Thriller Bark [While at the same time Dismissing Sanji, showing who was the superior one]...All the physical evidence is there. I am not stubborn or narrow minded, I just tend to follow the story, the one's who argue against story facts and leave everything to interpretation are the truly stubborn ones.
I agree with you.
Think Luffy and Zoro are equals, it just one's the Captain and the other one is not. I don't based character strengths and looks. Luffy and Zoro aren't even in my top 3 favorite characters. I believe that Luffy and Zoro are equals based on that info in Bold Print. And the fact Zoro inevitable defeat of Mihawk who is a Yonkou-level Pirate is more proof.

Zoro and Sanji ARE NOT near-equals. That's been made pretty clear in the manga. When Sanji and Zoro do fight, neither one of the are serious. Based on the opponents they receive, its evident Zoro is much stronger and stronger Willed then Sanji. Zoro was even shown using Haki (in the CP9 Battle), something only him and Luffy has been shown to use (within the Strawhats)
Old 2009-07-30, 16:38   Link #136
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
- Blackbeard was in Ace's division (not 100% if this was revelead earlier).

We've known that Blackbeard was in Ace's division since the Alabasta storyline. He clearly tells Luffy that he was his subordinate. Still, the fact that Blackbeard turned down the commander position is pretty interesting indeed. It looks like Whitebeard and his crew already acknowledged Teach's strength (which is further evidenced by the fact that Whitebeard tried to stop Ace from hunting him down)......

Anyways, awesome chapter, naturally. Whitebeard's become one of my favorite characters, though I already liked him after Oda revealed his inspiration for the character in a 10th anniversary interview (for those that don't know, Whitebeard was based on an old bar owner that Oda knew. He also had some of the same life support equipment that Whitebeard wore, and even referred to booze as his "medicine". Sadly, he died around the time the interview was made.....).

And about Whitebeard's crew, I'm really hoping that the dude with the top hat and mustache turns out to be one of the commanders, because he looks awesome. I see that a merman is a part of the crew, as well (also a commander, perhaps)? By the way, I find it highly amusing to see that Aokiji and Akainu are looking all series when they see the tsunami raging towards them, but Kizaru still has that dazed, goofy look on his face. I think he'll still remain to be my favorite admiral overall, even after Akainu reveals his abilities/personality.

And now to look forward to the next chapter (even if there's a break afterwards)!
Old 2009-07-30, 16:48   Link #137
Tommy
Mr. Prince

It's all just a game of rock, paper, scissors. Luffy's weakness is swordsmen, so Zoro matches up really well against Luffy. Whether he is actually stronger, I dunno.

Now if we are debating which character is tougher, I would say Luffy. This being simply because he is a rubberman and can take a lot more physical damage then a normal human.
Old 2009-07-30, 17:01   Link #138
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Quote:
A little off topic, but when did Oda change Ace's tattoo? I started reading the manga at Enies Lobby so I didn't notice it until now.

Spoiler for Before and after:
Yes, after chapter 434, Oda changed the manji into a bone cross because people mistook the manji sign as a nazi reference. Although Oda initially wanted the swastika symbol on the flag, the higher ups urged him to change it because of the misunderstanding and he did.
Source: http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/White...es#Pirate_Flag
Old 2009-07-30, 17:36   Link #139
AceD
See You En' Tee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibber View Post
Luffy went like omgwtf when he saw Rayleigh but he acted so normal when he revealed that Ace's father was Roger. o_o

Great chapter like usual though, OP never seems to fail.
he will probably casually announce to Marfineford that Dragon is his daddy aswell

great chapter though, gonna be an epic arc, SO many posabilities and fights could happen. Been waiting along time for the Zoro vs Mihawk rematch, fingers crossed.
Old 2009-07-30, 17:56   Link #140
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Possible.
But I think Jimbei may have a affinity for water, him being a powerful merman. The full extent of his power has yet to be revealed.

Quote:
It's all just a game of rock, paper, scissors. Luffy's weakness is swordsmen, so Zoro matches up really well against Luffy. Whether he is actually stronger, I dunno.

Now if we are debating which character is tougher, I would say Luffy. This being simply because he is a rubberman and can take a lot more physical damage then a normal human.
Naw. They're both tough, Zoro is more serious kind of tough though (hence his serious murderous intent he gives off in all his fights. If anything Luffy is more of a Daredevil then Zoro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Still, the fact that Blackbeard turned down the commander position is pretty interesting indeed. It looks like Whitebeard and his crew already acknowledged Teach's strength (which is further evidenced by the fact that Whitebeard tried to stop Ace from hunting him down)......
Yeah, that interested me too.
This whole time I had the impression that Blackbeard was intentionally hiding his strength.

Sengoku seems to be panicking (or showing more lack of self-control) than the Admirals themselves.

Kizaru is my favorite Admiral because he's funny. He just got this confident/careless attitude when shit is easy-going but the moment somebody strong appears he's just like, "Aww shit, now I actually gotta try hard [sighes]" lol.

Another interesting fact was Sengoku was wrong. Whitebeard didn't know Ace was Gol D. Roger's son. Ace told him. It would've been pretty ridiculous if Whitebeard would have somehow found out. You can't say Ace look like Roger, and thats how he knew because looks doesn't necessarily mean relations. Whitebeard even said Ace is nothing like Roger (personality-wise).
Closed Thread