How much more difficult is warrior dps compared to pally or dk
Old 2010-10-09, 20:40   Link #5982
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Well from my experience (which is mostly DK ) Pallies are probably the easiest to get dps out from. Since they can basically just hit Crusader Strike, and judgment, without anything being sustained. Death Knights are probably in the middle, they need to keep the Frost Fever, and the Blood Plague on their opponents at all cost for maximum dps, so trying to keep balance with the timers of your diseases, and smashing other buttons is a little tricky.

For warriors, I dont have much experience from them. But its mostly just trying to press the buttons that generate the highest attacks, as well as bleeding your opponent to death with debuffs being applied. Aside from that, I would think they are the top toughest dps to get from.
Old 2010-10-09, 21:02   Link #5983
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Currently probably a bit more difficult, but I imagine with holy power changes coming out in 4.0 it will be out the same difficulty for dps as paladin. Also depends which spec as I hear Fury is easier to play than Arms.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 22:56   Link #5984
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Fury has been awesome DPS in LK but on Cata beta....Warriors are struggling...they're lucky to hit 7k on boss fights...Essentially it's about keeping Heroic Strike rolling all the time, fitting in Whirlwind and Bloodthirst and a free-cost Slam. Rage generation was too easy in LK - they now struggle to get Rage.

Paladins have been shocking dps on beta - no pun intended.
Old 2010-10-10, 02:24   Link #5985
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Neither of those are particulary difficult, with warrior being the easiest. Do you mean Arms of Fury ? I would assume Fury, as that is what the majority of DPS warriors are, as it gives the most DPS. While Arms rotation is more engaging, Fury warrior probably has the easiest rotation in the game, especially with the ICC buff which has made managing rage for Heroic Strikes a complete non-issue. Spam Bloodthirst and Whirlwind while hammering Heroic Strike (Its a on-next-strike attack, so doesn't interfere with the previous two, you just have to keep it queued up), throw in a Slam or two if it has procced to be instant and both Bloodthirst and Whirlwind are on CD. That's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner
Fury has been awesome DPS in LK but on Cata beta....Warriors are struggling...they're lucky to hit 7k on boss fights...Essentially it's about keeping Heroic Strike rolling all the time, fitting in Whirlwind and Bloodthirst and a free-cost Slam. Rage generation was too easy in LK - they now struggle to get Rage.
Well, warriors were quite over the top by the end of WOTLK, and it indeed was tied in to how easily rage was to generate. The issue is that more damage = more rage = more damage = more rage (etc). As you got better gear and stacked armor pen (another thing whose removal is going to take a big chunk out of warriors), rage generation became less and less difficult, and the ICC buff had pushed it so over the top you couldn't spend your rage even if you wanted to. Simply put it was no longer a limiting factor to warrior DPS, which is why they found themselves on top of the charts.

I can't say i have looked too closely in to warrior state on Beta, but given the rage normalization and removal of Arm Pen, it is of no surprise they find themselves lower than they have used to be. Its not all bad though, the normalization of rage should mean that Blizz can tweak the numbers on warrior abilities a lot more readily, without risking things to spiral out of control.
Old 2010-10-10, 02:27   Link #5986
Xacual

Warriors are usually always amazing at the end of a version. DPS warriors did really good in vanilla with naxx gear, same in BC, same in wrath. Warriors are just one of the best classes for gear scaling all around despite Blizz's multiple changes to rage scaling.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 06:31   Link #5987
Clarste
Human

Well, with the new changes to haste giving rogues more energy and rage normalization, that may not happen in Cataclysm. Which also means there's less excuse for warriors to start out weaker.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 10:51   Link #5988
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

so Im guessing Rogue is the hardest DPS class?

so far from what you guys said, Warrior is just as easy as DK and pally and not even as good DPS as them.
Old 2010-10-10, 11:26   Link #5989
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
so Im guessing Rogue is the hardest DPS class?
Unlikely as at least in WoTLK feral druid and it's energy usage is far more complex and hard to DPS as than rogue and looks to remain true in cata.

Quote:
so far from what you guys said, Warrior is just as easy as DK and pally and not even as good DPS as them.
It's better right now, but when 4.0 comes it'll weaken and paladin will become more engaging/difficult to play.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 11:46   Link #5990
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Warriors were really good in Vanilla and BC, Arms was probably the best spec to go to, with Fury (1h dual-wield) a little behind. But ever since Wrath came out, Fury just dominated Arms in every way..
Old 2010-10-10, 11:52   Link #5991
Xacual

Fury dominated in Vanilla. Admittedly it's a bad example but there was a video of an orc warrior around, he had really good gear + thunderfury, doing about a thousand dps and soloing one of the doors during the Nefarian fight phase 1. In BC I honestly can't remember what was better, though I think my guild's warrior was fury?

Arms was of course way better in pvp in vanilla since no one had a lot of hp and mortal strike could one shot new 60s.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 11:57   Link #5992
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Fury dominated in Vanilla. Admittedly it's a bad example but there was a video of an orc warrior around, he had really good gear + thunderfury, doing about a thousand dps and soloing one of the doors during the Nefarian fight phase 1. In BC I honestly can't remember what was better, though I think my guild's warrior was fury?

Arms was of course way better in pvp in vanilla since no one had a lot of hp and mortal strike could one shot new 60s.
Well I think Arms was good in Raiding for BC, because there were so many big-hitting 2 handers then like the sword from Archimonde, or Kil'Jaeden.
Old 2010-10-10, 12:57   Link #5993
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Fury has been awesome DPS in LK but on Cata beta....Warriors are struggling...they're lucky to hit 7k on boss fights...
No way, you can consistently hit 10k if you know what you're doing as fury or arms in heroics. I honestly don't know where the notion warrior is doing bad coming from (a bunch of my guildmates are qq-ing but in all honesty warrior is doing fabulous in all aspect of the game (except for Thunderclap hitting like wet noodles, but if you need this to aoe tank you need to relearn the class anyway).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Well I think Arms was good in Raiding for BC, because there were so many big-hitting 2 handers then like the sword from Archimonde, or Kil'Jaeden.
Every raiding guild had at least one arms warrior for Blood Frenzy (Rogue didn't have Savage Combat then I don't think), and Fury's aggro was semi retarded (but really shine in fights like Shade in BT where aggro's none issue). I remember when wotlk talents first came out and we were raiding sunwell. Dual wield arms (that's right, arms with 2 1 handers) doing 3k dps because Sudden Death was OP as hell back then (before they nerfed Execute to oblivion, which something I will never forgive Blizzard for).
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 18:34   Link #5994
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
No way, you can consistently hit 10k if you know what you're doing as fury or arms in heroics. I honestly don't know where the notion warrior is doing bad coming from (a bunch of my guildmates are qq-ing but in all honesty warrior is doing fabulous in all aspect of the game (except for Thunderclap hitting like wet noodles, but if you need this to aoe tank you need to relearn the class anyway).
I just raided with a Warrior (Who has Light of Dawn and 6.3k gs) for our weekly raid "Sartharion Must Die" when we got to Sartharion, he did 8.1k while I was 2nd in the spot with 8k Would that count as him not knowing what he is doing?
Old 2010-10-10, 18:45   Link #5995
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I just raided with a Warrior (Who has Light of Dawn and 6.3k gs) for our weekly raid "Sartharion Must Die" when we got to Sartharion, he did 8.1k while I was 2nd in the spot with 8k Would that count as him not knowing what he is doing?
Is this the PTR? Cause I was referring to Cata Beta which was what Last Sinner was talking about.

Warriors will not have access to Colossus Smash until 81, which makes a huge difference. If this is the PTR, did the Warrior just ran in there without regemming his gear (this should be minor because chances are he should be all str gemmed from arp capped)? Was he still using leather pieces (which would instantly drop 5% of his damage)? Did he reforge his Haste stats for Mastery? What raid buffs were available? Was he awared of the change to Whirlwind? Can't really make any judgment about him at the moment without all the available information.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 18:50   Link #5996
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Is this the PTR? Cause I was referring to Cata Beta which was what Last Sinner was talking about.

Warriors will not have access to Colossus Smash until 81, which makes a huge difference. If this is the PTR, did the Warrior just ran in there without regemming his gear (this should be minor because chances are he should be all str gemmed from arp capped)? Was he still using leather pieces (which would instantly drop 5% of his damage)? Did he reforge his Haste stats for Mastery? What raid buffs were available? Was he awared of the change to Whirlwind? Can't really make any judgment about him at the moment without all the available information.
Oh we were talking about Warrior Dps in PTR Well that completely destroys the subject

But I'm amazed... You know so much stuopidget....
Old 2010-10-10, 21:29   Link #5997
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

*shrug* All I know is that even ppl from the #1 Oceanic guild, Adept, are refusing to play their Warriors and Hunters at present because they hate the new system.

I also know that Priests any spec suffer major mana issues, Shamans are having DPS problems overall and that Paladins suck unless someone truly bothered to relearn the new system.

On a more personal note - after nearly 6 years on Blackrock, I am changing server along with my guild. We're heading to Barthilas but remaining Alliance.
Old 2010-10-10, 21:38   Link #5998
GDB

Quote:
refusing to play their Warriors and Hunters at present because they hate the new system.
Quote:
and that Paladins suck unless someone truly bothered to relearn the new system.
To be fair, if they're just doing bad because things are new and they can't or won't adapt, that doesn't mean the class is bad. It means the player is either stubborn as a mule or as stupid as one.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 21:45   Link #5999
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Blackrock finally get to you?
Old 2010-10-10, 22:47   Link #6000
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

1. Adept moved to Blackrock.
2. Nurfed are coming back to Blackrock.
3. The Dark Ministry just died, the latest in a long line of good Alliance guilds dying. Meaning there's merely a token Alliance left while the Horde on Blackrock will now have two top 20 world guilds to further bolster them.
4. Potential recruits would only come to Oceanic servers. Barthilas was the most likely destination for them.

I see Blackrock becoming as skewed a server as Thaurissian. Barthilas has the competition needed to fuel better performance, a recruit pool and Oceanic times. Heck, I might finally win a fishing contest instead of hopin I might actually be awake at 6am.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows