AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-02-18, 13:22   Link #821
Yorae_paladin1

*epic face palm* I can't believe those ONI idiots there actually supplying enemies instead of an ally
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 13:45   Link #822
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

ONI's plan actually succeeded--at least at first. The resulting civil war DID completely wreck what was left of the (peaceful) Elites' military infrastructure.

Unfortunately I imagine they couldn't have counted on the Storm Covenant to track down humanity's greatest enemy and bolstering their forces with his technology.

Either way, it was incredibly risky and unnecessary for ONI, and it seriously, seriously needs to get shut down.
Old 2013-02-18, 15:49   Link #823
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
The book Halo: Grasslands and Halo: The Thursday War, all details what happened to the Elites after Halo 3. ONI overstep their bounds, of course they did, if ONI wants, ONI will get by any means. They wanted the Elites to weaken, seeing the civil war as a way to do so. They supplied weapons, technology, and food to the rebelling Elites (enemies in Halo 4) to kill the Arbiter.
Well technically speaking they don't want the Arbiter to win too easily and vice versa.

In either case it was a complete gongshow from the start. Humanity just came out of the war barely alive and needs to focus resources on bringing the colonies back under UNSC control, the last thing they need is to play fire with separatists that want to exterminate humanity.

Quote:
Osman just made a big mistake and putting a hit order on Halsey, did she not ask Admiral Margaret Parangosky why she didn't kill her when she was alive? There are going to be repercussion for the UNSC and ONI for their treatment of Halsey. Not sure how Chief and the other Spartan IIs will react, but pretty sure they are going to have some thoughts about the current UNSC.
Like I said if you want to kill Halsey your going to have to go through John and you don't want to do that.

I hope there's a reckoning for Osman and her lackeys.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 16:39   Link #824
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

The only way any of this makes sense at this point is that 343 is trying to setup ONI headed by Osman as a potential human antagonist faction.

Osman is just being too douche-baggy, and her plans are objectively fucking up too badly for this to not be a setup to make us feel okay shooting ONI spooks up in a later game.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 16:42   Link #825
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
The only way any of this makes sense at this point is that 343 is trying to setup ONI headed by Osman as a potential human antagonist faction.
I wouldn't mind that at all.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 07:58   Link #826
Helius

What didn't do it for me was when the Elites decided to self-destruct Requiem. Being the most religiously fanatical within the Covenant sects, you'd think they would've done everything to preserve the planet instead of destroying it.

It goes to show Jul 'Mdama is just as much a hypocrite as those in ONI. Power is all he wants, contrary to what he told Halsey.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 08:04   Link #827
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helius View Post
What didn't do it for me was when the Elites decided to self-destruct Requiem. Being the most religiously fanatical within the Covenant sects, you'd think they would've done everything to preserve the planet instead of destroying it.

It goes to show Jul 'Mdama is just as much a hypocrite as those in ONI. Power is all he wants, contrary to what he told Halsey.
Didn't Halsey say knowledge is power?
Old 2013-02-19, 08:41   Link #828
Helius

Quote:
Didn't Halsey say knowledge is power?
Yes that's what SHE said. For the Covenant, knowledge = truth and enlightenment. But ofc Halsey called him on it.
Old 2013-05-21, 12:51   Link #829
Helius

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/05/2...oject-revealed

Holy shit.
Old 2013-05-21, 13:37   Link #830
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
They had their chance to do something cool with Halo on TV/in movies with Neill Blomkamp but they blew it. Spielberg doesn't give me hope that this will work out.
Old 2013-05-21, 14:05   Link #831
Helius

Quote:
They had their chance to do something cool with Halo on TV/in movies with Neill Blomkamp but they blew it. Spielberg doesn't give me hope that this will work out.
I dunno. Granted there's only so much they can do with a TV series, on the Xbox no less, but if it's anything like Falling Skies in which Spielberg is also involved, I'll be content.

If they make it like Spartan Ops, tho, I might have to start going to church then.
Old 2013-05-21, 18:47   Link #832
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
I dunno. Granted there's only so much they can do with a TV series, on the Xbox no less, but if it's anything like Falling Skies in which Spielberg is also involved, I'll be content.

If they make it like Spartan Ops, tho, I might have to start going to church then.
I'll be unhappy if it's like either of those shows!
Old 2013-05-21, 18:49   Link #833
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
I'll be unhappy if it's like either of those shows!
What about a Mini-series like those on HBO. Like a 10 part of Masterchief through the Human-Covenant War. We read the stories and Novels, but seeing them on T.V. is a different story.
Old 2013-05-21, 19:23   Link #834
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
What about a Mini-series like those on HBO. Like a 10 part of Masterchief through the Human-Covenant War. We read the stories and Novels, but seeing them on T.V. is a different story.
Well that's just format. I'm more talking about execution. Something like a higher budget Forward Unto Dawn focusing on Spartans would be pretty cool.

But I wanna watch a Halo TV show to see highly capable individuals do highly badass tacticool things. I don't wanna watch people gawking at kids eating cupcakes. Or the kind of goofiness that happened in the Spartan Ops cutscenes.
Old 2013-05-21, 19:41   Link #835
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Well that's just format. I'm more talking about execution. Something like a higher budget Forward Unto Dawn focusing on Spartans would be pretty cool.

But I wanna watch a Halo TV show to see highly capable individuals do highly badass tacticool things. I don't wanna watch people gawking at kids eating cupcakes. Or the kind of goofiness that happened in the Spartan Ops cutscenes.
That is what I meant. Focus on one particular Spartan, Masterchief and only from his eyes. From the first encounter of the Covenant on Harvest, to massacre of over 1000 grunts on Jericho, when Blue Team denoted a HAVOK Nuke on Sigma Octanus, the fall of Reach, Halo, Operation First Strike, Earth, and Halo 3.
Old 2013-05-22, 02:45   Link #836
Helius

Quote:
That is what I meant. Focus on one particular Spartan, Masterchief and only from his eyes. From the first encounter of the Covenant on Harvest, to massacre of over 1000 grunts on Jericho, when Blue Team denoted a HAVOK Nuke on Sigma Octanus, the fall of Reach, Halo, Operation First Strike, Earth, and Halo 3.
For a TV series to cover all that...not putting much hope on an eventual movie, I see.
Old 2013-05-22, 16:35   Link #837
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Band of Brothers + Fall of Reach = Job done.

Spielberg you know what to do !

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 15:29   Link #838
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Band of Brothers + Fall of Reach = Job done.

Spielberg you know what to do !
I'm so hoping Spielberg brings back some of the magic that went along with BoB as that is one of my all time favorite shows.
however which part of the Halo verse they cover I'm still not sure what I'd really like to see but guess I have to say I'm slightly leaning towards mostly to do with the MC and Cortana(they are after all a rather unique pairing imo and one I've loved since the first game).
Old 2013-05-23, 15:31   Link #839
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I'm so hoping Spielberg brings back some of the magic that went along with BoB as that is one of my all time favorite shows.
however which part of the Halo verse they cover I'm still not sure what I'd really like to see but guess I have to say I'm slightly leaning towards mostly to do with the MC and Cortana(they are after all a rather unique pairing imo and one I've loved since the first game).
Don't be so confident. I'm half convinced that the only reason that Band of Brothers and the Pacific worked, is that they had Tom Hanks and actual WW2 vets to come in as consultants. I think combined, Hanks and IRL WW2 vets have enough sway to keep Spielberg inline from his usual poomfery that he seems to like in movies.
Old 2013-05-23, 15:37   Link #840
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

As long as there's a ton of lens flare, I should be okay.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
halo 4, sierra 117