3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-04, 14:26   Link #21
leaf.
Utawarerumono

Er, yes...I'm chinese ^^ I come to this forum from my website...
A pat = 八一!? So stranger...“八一” means "eight one"
BTW I have recorded the Imageshack~ 3Q
Old 2006-09-04, 14:28   Link #22
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

...Eh? Okay, wait a minute...
Either that (Chinese simplified): 轻拍
Or that (Chinese traditional): 輕拍

I used http://www.worldlingo.com/en/product...ranslator.html as converter/translator, this time. -_^
Old 2006-09-04, 14:41   Link #23
leaf.
Utawarerumono

= =|||
I know certainly the meaning, My English also not that too bad...
That's all. Because the topic is about Episode 23 of Utaware (Eulogy)
Old 2006-09-04, 15:18   Link #24
Flame-X
Anti-fan

OMG!!! thanku for all those screencaps!!! im so excited for the next ep
*shakes the monitor*
Old 2006-09-04, 17:49   Link #25
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Genjimaru is the man.

And I'm so looking forward to their confrontation with Kuuya next ep.
Old 2006-09-04, 17:52   Link #26
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

BTW, Omniscient's screencaps are already up. Looks like next ep we'll be greeted by Av Kamuu bashing, judging from the first pic of the preview. Hmm~ I wonder what that means... -_^

Looks like Dii is scared to death of Hakuoro seeing how he's clutching Dii's legs.
Old 2006-09-04, 17:54   Link #27
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
How in the world did all these screencaps come out before the episode aired? (well technically it aired 13 hours ago, but man that's plenty fast)

EDIT: As I figured, BOTCHED.

Should I write my synopsis anyway? I'm so slower than the rest. :/
Old 2006-09-04, 18:48   Link #28
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334
Looks like Dii is scared to death of Hakuoro seeing how he's clutching Dii's legs.
You mean Hauenkua.
Old 2006-09-04, 18:59   Link #29
Srin Tuar
無謀

this ep
Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-04, 19:58   Link #30
Flame-X
Anti-fan

aww the ep ended already
Spoiler for 23:
Old 2006-09-04, 20:23   Link #31
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
...from the title (Where the Heart Lies) and with that look on Eruruu's face, I got the impression that this episode would be focusing mainly on Eruruu's relationship with Hakuoro now that she knows that he is the demon. Or rather, thats what I hope they will develop on in this episodes. Needs more EruruuXHakuoro!

This makes me think of a question at this stage. From the start, did Eruruu know that the demon she made a contract with and the man she healed were the same? Or did she not know until episode 22?

I dont think she knew from the start, because in 22, she didnt make the connection straight away. (22; Time 19:45)
This was one of the things that disturbed me the most, and it drew a line away from how the game went in terms of sequence of events.

It's pretty obvious that Eruruu knows Hakuoro and the anomaly to be of the same now (the juxtaposition of 「まさか…そんな…!」 translating to "It can't be...Is that...?!" and Aruruu's trademark "Daddy..."). But yea, the question in dispute now is to what extent does she know? From what we've seen, Hakuoro was just a random stranger she found in episode I that Eruruu could see no tie between the anomaly and Hakuoro. So what happened in that contract? Aruruu was healed, so what became of the anomaly? Just shake hands and disappeared? Where did Eruruu's portion of the contract take place? If it hasn't happened yet (at least to her knowledge), then what's her feeling on the monster? Was a a dream? An imagination?

In short, something doesn't add up or there is a new unanswered question that's been thrown into the series. But the series isn't over yet, and episode 23 may answer some of them from the looks of things.

It is quite ironic how Hakuoro shares everything with Eruruu, and confesses to her that there's nothing going on between he and Karura, but Eruruu keeps her sercrets from him. But there's a logic to everything...most of the time...
Old 2006-09-04, 20:30   Link #32
leaf.
Utawarerumono

I have finished watching Episode 23 ...I'm so sad not only disappoint, many expecting plots are cut
I just give 30 points!

Last edited by leaf.; 2006-09-04 at 22:28.
Old 2006-09-05, 11:55   Link #33
kron

: O they skipped the prison scene. and yay Genjimaru didnt break sakuya's legs. over all good episode
Old 2006-09-05, 12:06   Link #34
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Genjimaru is now my Fav guy character lol He kicks ass and is strong as hell ... he could take on Karura and touka or w.e her name is one on one
Old 2006-09-05, 12:17   Link #35
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaris
It is quite ironic how Hakuoro shares everything with Eruruu, and confesses to her that there's nothing going on between he and Karura, but Eruruu keeps her sercrets from him. But there's a logic to everything...most of the time...
Thats woman logic.

Whats yours is also hers and whats hers is hers alone.
Old 2006-09-05, 13:05   Link #36
vietpimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
Thats woman logic.

Whats yours is also hers and whats hers is hers alone.
LOL thats so true; don't ever get married until u have nothing else to give
Old 2006-09-05, 17:24   Link #37
Zaris
of Porsche

I must say, translating this episode threw me in a downward spiral through Japanese Proficiency Hell. But I did my best, and I hope I can make contact with my buddies so I can rework the mistakes in the summery, because I'm sure there's more than one. :/

But I think I got the overall point across. Click here for the Episode 23 Synopsis.

I'm not really certain what to say since I don't understand half the things that are going on. So I'll start by voicing my opinions on what I do know.

Spoiler for my thoughts:

I've studied Japanese for four years in high school and three years in college. But I guess I need to study a little harder because I couldn't effectively translate the portions that I wanted to get out of most - Eruruu and Hakuoro.

Spoiler for Hakuoro and Eruruu:

Overall, it's pretty good. As an EruruuxHakuoro fan, this is one of the episodes that I've wanted for a long time. It was nice to reminisce about their relationship with similarly drawn panels and Eruruu mouthing the same words Hakuoro asked of Eruruu at the end of episode 4. If you empathize with Eruruu as much as I do, you'll find it to be a very sad episode in a dramatic way. Portions of their relationship are drawn closer, and yet some things are still unresolved and unanswered. This is an episode where you can't stop thinking, "tell him how you feel!".

My only hope is that Hakuoro eventually sees beyond the surface of Eruruu and goes through a change of behavior as Eruruu did. If he can do that, he'll really start to be aware of not only her heart but his own. Hopefully, Iceman and Mikoto will influence just that. I leave that riddle to you.

Animation was without any major flaws, but some of the content wasn't as well portrayed or clearly stated...obviously. I won't score yet until I can better translate what was discussed in this episode, but it won't be a 10/10 (and it's not getting marked down for its drawing this time).
Old 2006-09-05, 17:43   Link #38
Key Board
Carbon

I think you're putting too much emphasis on Eruru x Hakuoro which I don't think what this story is about.

But then again, I didn't think Fate/Stay Night was about Shirou X Saber either.
Old 2006-09-05, 20:42   Link #39
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

She loves him I belive, Remember the flash backs Hakuoro had of her and he was smiling after it.
Old 2006-09-05, 20:51   Link #40
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

God ... Aruruu wins the award of cuteness ... My heart melted when I saw her playing in the blankets XD