AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Pumpkin Scissors

Notices

Old 2006-10-31, 22:49   Link #441
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
Perhaps you guys could make use of a Pumpkin Scissors Weapons & Military discussion thread?
Yes, thank you. Those of us who would rather talk about characters and story feel a bit lost in all the technobabble of the military fanboys

Our own subforum? Wow. Not to be a killjoy, but do we really have enough support for that?
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-01, 01:06   Link #442
Lost

I don't think so, FPB, but I guess we'll see how it goes. I wouldnt favour a Weapons and Military Thread, because that would invariably stretch off-topicness in this sub-forum, and I feel this generic thread should suffice. ^
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-01, 09:38   Link #443
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy
Our own subforum? Wow. Not to be a killjoy, but do we really have enough support for that?
Pumpkin Scissors was a borderline case for us but we want to encourage more anime discussion (in general, not just with this series) which is why we are creating more sub-forums than we used to.

As for support, that's up to you guys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
I wouldnt favour a Weapons and Military Thread, because that would invariably stretch off-topicness in this sub-forum, and I feel this generic thread should suffice.
Fair point, that sort of discussion is what this thread is for now, so as long as it doens't cause other topics to loose focus it can stay within this thread. So far we have an yes and a no, hardly conclusive If there is a need for such a topic (or any other for that matter) please post in the "Requests" thread.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-02, 01:51   Link #444
Zelda1

Just watched Ep 5 and OMG it was great to see a non-lantern episode. The whole bit with the nurse is actually funnier than I thought it would be and Mach's and Oreld actually showed they have real personalities.
Zelda1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-02, 17:06   Link #445
Jaden

Heh this anime got my interest since i'm in the army too and there's a female senior ltn. in charge of my unit. Way different mood there though, haha.

edit: was confused about how our ranks translate...i suppose second lieutenant = ensign = lowest rank of officers, like alice in this show, while a senior lieutenant would be 2-3 ranks higher.

Last edited by Jaden; 2006-11-02 at 17:19.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-02, 20:54   Link #446
BluRzZz
huh..?

hi all
I jus watched PS up to eps 5 and it really keep my interest going due to mayb i came from a sort of tank unit but i dun fire directly at them, more of like an arti+tank

Even so if im trained to shoot directly at target but the target can withstand ALL my shells then 1st thing i would freak out because this guy is indeed a monster worthy of clearly landmines made for tanks. I wouldnt be surprised somewhere in the anime there will be a 999 ALT (Anti Landmine Trooper) who on their pink lantern and roll their guts out

however one thing anime taught me is that not to think too much and enjoy the show but one small particular thing kinda bugs me though and i think its not hard for the creators of this anime to explain:

Ep4 revealed Door knocker(i kinda of like this name, simple and meaningful)is not in production any longer thus i assumed that includes the bullets

It keeps me wondering because the bullets only appear when he is fighting (that he spits out of his mouth) or did the nekos under the bridge steal it for him ? ( which he why he has to feed and sleep with them)
BluRzZz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 16:18   Link #447
Lost

He doesnt exactly spit it out of his mouth, he just rips them from somewhere, most probably a arm/shoulder band. Hmm, the question of ammo. Then again, when all you need is one round per tank per episode, I dont think his in danger of running dry
Old 2006-11-04, 12:35   Link #448
Icehawk

Quote:
Ep4 revealed Door knocker(i kinda of like this name, simple and meaningful)is not in production any longer thus i assumed that includes the bullets
Actually Dr. Colt stated that the Door Knocker NEVER went into production. Just like the Invisible 9 are not on any official records, the limited production of the Door Knocker and its ammo for 901 was obviously kept off the books.

Considering Oland is a subject of great interest to the Kauplan Institute, they may be secretly supplying him, and perhaps other unknown members of his old unit still.
Icehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 12:42   Link #449
Lost

I doubt he has any direct contact with them tho..
Old 2006-11-06, 10:49   Link #450
HazardNights

Send a message via AIM to HazardNights Send a message via MSN to HazardNights Send a message via Yahoo to HazardNights
Hmm are the torrents from the group that does this series down and not working?
HazardNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 11:12   Link #451
Reppa

Send a message via MSN to Reppa
I know I'm lovin the series. Just not a fan of the Dumb Blond Girl. Other than that it a solid series.
Reppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 11:27   Link #452
ryaken

Send a message via MSN to ryaken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icehawk View Post
Actually Dr. Colt stated that the Door Knocker NEVER went into production. Just like the Invisible 9 are not on any official records, the limited production of the Door Knocker and its ammo for 901 was obviously kept off the books.

Considering Oland is a subject of great interest to the Kauplan Institute, they may be secretly supplying him, and perhaps other unknown members of his old unit still.
That concerns me, because he is getting ammo from somewhere. This needs to be addressed. Definitely.

@Reppa, I don't think Alice is typical blonde, mostly I feel she has been sheltered.
ryaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 14:52   Link #453
Zelda1

Just saw Ep 6, and it's clear that though Alice started as a dumb blonde (actually more näive blonde). She is quickly learning the realities of the post-war society. Otherwise I wasn't to crazy about the humor in the first half, buthe second half made up for it.
Zelda1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-17, 00:58   Link #454
Icehawk

Hot damn, I just found out Gonzo has a merchandise site. Gonzo Style.

They have a dedicated Pumpkin Scissors section with some awsome stuff, they even have the full uniforms!

Damnit, yet another one of those times I really wish I could read Japanese.

For anyone who can read the site, is it possible to place international orders through it? I'd love to get even just one of the shirts they have.
Icehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-17, 05:46   Link #455
Lost

^ Oooh, the mug would be nice to have..
Old 2006-11-18, 15:45   Link #456
giu_2

Send a message via MSN to giu_2
hehe is it only me who thinks Alice is like Saber(from fsn) ?
giu_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-18, 16:20   Link #457
EragonJeriel
heh

What are u talking about.... Saber is a 100x more kawaii and *list all her good points here*
Alice doesnt stand a chance muahah
EragonJeriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-19, 01:16   Link #458
Jewelray

Send a message via AIM to Jewelray
This show started growing on me, then ep 5 grossed me out, and now it's settling at a "well maybe, but don't get your hopes up" sort of level. But it's amusing so I'll stick with it for now.

Am I the only one getting sick of that one song that keeps playing everytime anything dramatic happens? Ko Otani is a very capable composer and I loved the Haibane Renmei OST but Shakugan no Shana had the same problem with that "one song" (which happens to sound almost identical...)
Jewelray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-23, 15:55   Link #459
Andros05

At the risk of sounding like an idiot...where can I get the manga. Normally i would look on the forum but there are 23 pages to this thread and i'm not even sure how many other threads for pumpkin scissors. if anyone could tell me i'd really appreciate it...please keep in mind i'm looking for translated not raw.
Andros05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 04:28   Link #460
David Johnston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I'd say the exact opposite. "It's better" indicates that it's optional, otherwise it's a must-do and not open to debate. Ask yourself, can you see Alice openly disobeying orders even after she's REMINDED by a subordinate?
I think Alice would definitely be of the school of thought that holds that orders which are contrary to the law are invalid. But we've seen the captain's command style. Most of the time the orders the team is acting on come straight from Alice herself and she'll revise them without thought or consultation the moment she learns something that taps into her boundless capacity for moral outrage. She decides some piece of paper she's been handed is indicative of skullduggery and she sallies forth with the team while the captain intently reads his paper and pretends he's not there. I don't know who issued Alice her license to be a loose cannon but she makes the most of it.
David Johnston is offline   Reply With Quote