AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-19, 15:28   Link #9041
Zakoo

Still, that's the news ... To think Last Order would reflect about her body. That 10 years old brat has been tainted by the others sisters and being pettanko must be written in the DNA.
Old 2011-03-19, 15:56   Link #9042
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
Still, that's the news ... To think Last Order would reflect about her body. That 10 years old brat has been tainted by the others sisters and being pettanko must be written in the DNA.
Which is why Worst doesn't seem to care: she has bits of Mugino in her, plus she is, um...
Old 2011-03-19, 16:15   Link #9043
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Worst is just too funny.
Old 2011-03-19, 16:25   Link #9044
arson88

thank you for the translations. One Q, is Misaka Worst the only one from the 3rd Production Plan? Are there anymore Misaka Worsts?
Old 2011-03-19, 16:34   Link #9045
Hiro Hayase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegir View Post
Greetings.

Allow me to speak of a little, unusual question here. But I heard it somewhere that Islam has at least mentioned once in the novel, IIRC in a historical flashback on the crusade period when the Muslims took a christian relic or something.....

And I also heard that in Index-verse western magic is impotent against Islamic(Middle Eastern?) magic. However, the Muslims have no meaningful capability to confront the west, so they basically sort-of ignoring each other.

I'd like to confirm about whether those information's I got above are true or not, and basically I'd like to know whether the word "Islam" has ever been mentioned at all in TMnI, since I have this idea for an Index-fanfic where the Ottoman Caliphate still existing as one of the most prominent political giants in this alternative Index Universe. I'd like to have my fanfic's setting to be as convergent with canon as possible.

Best Regards
Quite frankly, I find the idea of introducing Islamic magicians contradictory. In modern day Islam, practicing magic and other forms of witchcraft is forbidden in the religion. Islam might be more into the science side, than magic side...

Perhaps, the author has some other plans for introducing the Islamic sect, they were briefly mentioned in volume 11 by Biaggio I think. He only mentioned that their numbers were steadily increasing, but there wasn't any mention whether they were magic users or not. The author could very well not mention Islam at all.

On NT: I really hope that in the future novels we get to see some interaction between Misaka Mikoto, Misaka 10032, Misaka WORST, and maybe LO. That would be quite a sight to see with Touma and Accel watching from the sidelines...

I agree though that Misaka WORST and Accel's interactions are the best.

P.S. Js06! Thank you! Those are some speedy accurate translations. You too, Teh Ping.
Old 2011-03-19, 16:41   Link #9046
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by arson88 View Post
thank you for the translations. One Q, is Misaka Worst the only one from the 3rd Production Plan? Are there anymore Misaka Worsts?
Yes. there is more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro Hayase View Post
Quite frankly, I find the idea of introducing Islamic magicians contradictory. In modern day Islam, practicing magic and other forms of witchcraft is forbidden in the religion. Islam might be more into the science side, than magic side...

Perhaps, the author has some other plans for introducing the Islamic sect, they were briefly mentioned in volume 11 by Biaggio I think. He only mentioned that their numbers were steadily increasing, but there wasn't any mention whether they were magic users or not. The author could very well not mention Islam at all.

On NT: I really hope that in the future novels we get to see some interaction between Misaka Mikoto, Misaka 10032, Misaka WORST, and maybe LO. That would be quite a sight to see with Touma and Accel watching from the sidelines...

I agree though that Misaka WORST and Accel's interactions are the best.
Touma:The real one and the one with the necklace and goggles are mine.
Accelerator:Yeah? I got that little loli brat and the big boobed one (sneer)
Touma: Fu-kodah!
Accelerator:and you cant have her
TOuma:i'll break that illusion!
Old 2011-03-19, 16:42   Link #9047
pikachuwei

^
Old 2011-03-19, 17:22   Link #9048
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegir View Post
Greetings.

Allow me to speak of a little, unusual question here. But I heard it somewhere that Islam has at least mentioned once in the novel, IIRC in a historical flashback on the crusade period when the muslims took a christian relic or something.....

And I also heard that in Index-verse western magic is impotent against Islamic(Middle Eastern?) magic. However, the muslims have no meaningful capability to confront the west, so they basically sort-of ignoring each other.

I'd like to confirm about whether those informations I got above are true or not, and basically I'd like to know whether the word "Islam" has ever been mentioned at all in TMnI, since I have this idea for an Index-fanfic where the Ottoman Caliphate still existing as one of the most prominent political giants in this alternative Index Universe. I'd like to have my fanfic's setting to be as convergent with canon as possible.

Best Regards
I've never heard of Islam being used before. The only time I get that impression is when the magicians talk about the Angels being puppets and having no free will of their own, this was the Muslim's view on God's Angels as well.

Aside from this one time, Someone said something about Muslim during the Italian arc? I never seen that part myself...

Basically there isn't one solid piece of information regarding Islam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro Hayase View Post
Technically you're not allow to practice magic as a Christian either but there it is.
Old 2011-03-19, 17:24   Link #9049
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Mikoto and WORST interaction are an goldmine that will be tapped in the next NT methinks.

Imagine Mikoto seeing Touma, and along side him Accelerator with WORST and Last Order. An official confrontation between Mikoto and Accelerator is so bound to happen down the line, and having WORST trolling during it might be the thing that's needed to get those two tsunderes on decent footing. Accel and Mikoto ganging up on WORST with all their tsundere power would make me awaken in my pants.
Old 2011-03-19, 18:20   Link #9050
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Mikoto and WORST interaction are an goldmine that will be tapped in the next NT methinks.

Imagine Mikoto seeing Touma, and along side him Accelerator with WORST and Last Order. An official confrontation between Mikoto and Accelerator is so bound to happen down the line, and having WORST trolling during it might be the thing that's needed to get those two tsunderes on decent footing. Accel and Mikoto ganging up on WORST with all their tsundere power would make me awaken in my pants.
i dont think so. Mikoto hasn't seen accelerator since the SISTERS arc and i dont know if its that easy to forgive him. Touma sees that the clones forgive so he lets it go. Granted an interaction will be good but it has to make sense.

Mikoto: can my boobs be like hers?
Worst:
Spoiler for Worsts Reaction:

makes you wonder. Whos are bigger? Worst or Misaka Misuzu?

Or in that case whose are the biggest in the series?
Old 2011-03-19, 18:27   Link #9051
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Or in that case whose are the biggest in the series?
I'm going with Oriana Thomson
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2011-03-19, 18:51   Link #9052
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
I'm going with Oriana Thomson
Her or Yomikawa.
Old 2011-03-19, 19:55   Link #9053
Kyouka
Is Here

Quote:
Her or Yomikawa.
Fukiyose Seiri are really big to
Old 2011-03-19, 20:20   Link #9054
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouka View Post
Fukiyose Seiri are really big to
She's a notch below those two, but she defiantly is up there.

Don't we have an official breast chart or something ?
Old 2011-03-19, 20:55   Link #9055
Karna
just some guy

Quote:
She's a notch below those two, but she defiantly is up there.

Don't we have an official breast chart or something ?
I saw one listed on another forum a while bacl.
Old 2011-03-19, 21:26   Link #9056
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Chapter 3, part 1 out

Hanzou's pretty resourceful, the intelligence of the characters are really something. Nice plan by Hamazura though,

Old 2011-03-19, 22:18   Link #9057
Miraluka
Banned

My money goes on Oriana.

Part 8 got updated more.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...hapter8#Part_8

Thats the Bro-ment of the week.
Old 2011-03-19, 22:19   Link #9058
Kyouka
Is Here

Oiana Should be a model tehe shes so pretty if only i had half her Bewbs
Old 2011-03-19, 22:34   Link #9059
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Accel should thank Acqua and Touma one-hundred times after they spared him from a world of pain

Old 2011-03-19, 22:44   Link #9060
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
My money goes on Oriana.

Part 8 got updated more.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...hapter8#Part_8

Thats the Bro-ment of the week.
Shit, that Accel quote is going straight on the wiki.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen