AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-01, 09:11   Link #21
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Ugh, so the spoiler was true after all...well, I'm not gonna complain, much.

I am surprised we don't figure out who didn't stop her, unless it really was Noel...and that's just random as all hell 0_o. Guess we have to wait until we get translations.

I am shocked they were actually able to get Claire away from Priscilla like that. I mean, wow...their meeting wasn't at all like I imagined they would. I think we all imagined they would just have one grand confrontation and that was that. Priscilla never seemed to want to kill Claire which I figured, but I can only wonder what will happen next. After all, she can just follow Claire some more.

Happy to see Cynthia and Yuma still alive, they are too cool to die . Their was alot of crying in this one
To be fair Shiek... Deneve and Helen are still in line of sight of Priscilla. So... SOME GET WAY! All they really did way kick the beast... (and destroy her robes )
Old 2010-03-01, 09:18   Link #22
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
To be fair Shiek... Deneve and Helen are still in line of sight of Priscilla. So... SOME GET WAY! All they really did way kick the beast... (and destroy her robes )
That's true, they haven't technically gotten away yet, but they are trying.

Bur yes; my gosh, I can see why some people think the Rods were targeting her. The Rods were in still in mid-air, so it's not like they stopped. She looked like a cactus . Maybe they recognize her as the biggest threat.

(Roflmao, at her slapping Claire )

So much for her clothes, back to walking around naked

Yuma's having alot of cool moments lately, like she wanted

...But what on earth is Dietrich doing walking around there? I guess it figures she could have walked to Staff and back in the time since Isley died, but for what? is she on assignment perhaps? If I recall, scouting was one of her fortes.

--

Will you be doing a translation for us mosmos?

Last edited by Shiek927; 2010-03-01 at 09:40.
Old 2010-03-01, 09:36   Link #23
gxy1069

p.s apparently i can't ask...sad.
Old 2010-03-01, 09:42   Link #24
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Although I'm still waiting on a translation, it would make sense that Clare has a subconscious block preventing her from awakening due to the trauma of Jean's death.

That aside; glad to see Deneve and Helen thinking of creative ways to slow down Priscilla (even if she just brushes it aside) despite the power difference.

Glad to see Yuma and Cynthia are both alive for the moment, I wonder what Dietrich is doing there, and I hope my goddess (Miria) isn't far behind.

I am also wondering if Cynthia and Yuma might be partially awakened now, but that assumes they went over their limit.
Old 2010-03-01, 09:57   Link #25
Mord

Am I missing something or has Clare managed to not only heal her stomach wound but to also repair her clothing?

The patch that is above her breasts also seems to have had the upper left corner fixed after it was destroyed along with her shoulder last chapter.
Old 2010-03-01, 10:04   Link #26
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mord View Post
Am I missing something or has Clare managed to not only heal her stomach wound but to also repair her clothing?

The patch that is above her breasts also seems to have had the upper left corner fixed after it was destroyed along with her shoulder last chapter.
Clothing has always been very fickle .

The shoulder part seems alright, it's basically gone and just her bare shoulder. The part I'm more concerned about is her waist, because the clothing is back with the tissue.
Old 2010-03-01, 10:07   Link #27
Cyclone
Transient Guest

This is extra-ordinarily bad having Dietrich show up like this.
It means Miria, Tabitha are probably arriving right about now too. If they drag Galatea-sama along with them, I will never forgive them. Priscilla already killed one Claymore Goddess, to be anywhere near the other one would be unforgivable.

As for the chapter,
from what I can make out, Clare is still ingorant of why she can't awaken. The speculation about it being due to Jean comes from Deneve, who thinks that it's something like a subconsious mental block due to Clare remembering her sacrifice during the Rigaldo battle.
(Interesting note, if I read it right, it seems Clare, Helen and Deneve have been fighting the hellcats for a whole day now. It's how Deneve came up with the strategy of using the rods.)
Dietrich shows up (while Yuma is basically saying goodbye to everyone aloud), saying she's going to repay the favour to Helen and Deneve for saving her group.
Old 2010-03-01, 10:13   Link #28
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
This is extra-ordinarily bad having Dietrich show up like this.
It means Miria, Tabitha are probably arriving right about now too. If they drag Galatea-sama along with them, I will never forgive them. Priscilla already killed one Claymore Goddess, to be anywhere near the other one would be unforgivable.

As for the chapter,
from what I can make out, Clare is still ingorant of why she can't awaken. The speculation about it being due to Jean comes from Deneve, who thinks that it's something like a subconsious mental block due to Clare remembering her sacrifice during the Rigaldo battle.
(Interesting note, if I read it right, it seems Clare, Helen and Deneve have been fighting the hellcats for a whole day now. It's how Deneve came up with the strategy of using the rods.)
Dietrich shows up (while Yuma is basically saying goodbye to everyone aloud), saying she's going to repay the favour to Helen and Deneve for saving her group.
Thanks for the clear-ups Cyclone

Curious....so we don't actually know what it was, or what happened to Claire, it's just speculation. Why then however do we get an image of Noel? Deneve never met her.

Hmmm....the Organization may not like this if they ever catch onto what Dietrich is doing. It's possible she may actually rebel against them if her honor was ever brought into question, it seems to be higher then her loyalty if it wasn't an assignment that brought her there.

And yes, if Dietrich is there, the odds that the others are arriving are now extremely high.
Old 2010-03-01, 10:25   Link #29
gxy1069

from what i can infer from ur posts, even if i haven't actually read the actual chapter, the characters aren't gonna be in the situation i expected them to be in. if u uys are true to your words, then clare is not going to be alone(arghh what if prissy massacres every1?!?!?!). everyone has converged onto the last battlefield of the arc(most robably) and things are coming into shape for the grand finale(the arc's, not the entire manga). but dietrich definitely puzzles me. i wonder how exactly she is going to repay helen and deneve(imba shit like regen or fighting the hellcats?)? anyways, i just finished revising. here i go(this isn't gonna be gud...)
Old 2010-03-01, 10:39   Link #30
Weils

Japanese to Chinese to English dialogue.

SCENE 101: Wedge (楔)

Clare: What...?
Deneve: Clare!
Clare: (The fight with Rigardo can be used as analysis in the battle with Priscilla. I never realize that during the fight with Rigardo, my body size, speed amd offensive abilities are unconsciously replicated into my current battle with Priscilla until the fight was over. At that time, I thought just having an average warrior strength to wield my claymore was enough to defeat her. From the one who cut off her arm, Stormwind Noel, and not Muscular Sophia, I understood that you do not need powerful strength, but the speed and skills to rival her. After that, during the seven years in the North, I worked hard to practise these two concepts. Sealing the Quick Sword, spending my days grinding my speed and skills. All these to raise my status during awakening and train my body. During my fight with Priscilla, I wasted no hesitation in preparing to use that power.)
Helen: What...what happened? Now what...is happening? She was supposed to be awakened, but in just an instant...
Deneve: ...
Clare: cough...cough...Gaa! (re-awakens, but reverts back to normal form before she can stab Priscilla)
Helen: She...she reverted?
Clare: Why...why...why won't I awaken?
(Priscilla slaps Clare)
Priscilla: Boring...you're so boring.
Helen: Hey Deneve, what is going on? Was it that monster that stopped Clare's awakening?
Deneve: ...
Clare: Damn! Ga...ga...why, why, why?
Deneve: I see, was it that?
Helen: Wedge? What is that? What the hell is a wedge...
Deneve: That wasn't the opponent's power. Clare merely pulled herself back from awakening. I'm afraid she hasn't sensed that as well...the wedge that is carved deeply into her consciousness. That was Jean's big wedge.
Helen: Jean? What did she do to Clare?
Deneve: No, this has nothing to do with Jean. It's Clare who has put the wedge on herself. Deep inside her consciousness, so deep that Clare herself has no idea of. She awakened in order to defeat Rigardo, and Jean who rushed back to help, you can say that the present Clare is depending on Jean's life to live. Of course, Clare never forgot that incident. She can only watch helplessly at the enemy that she swore to defeat. No, you can say that she tried hard in order to atone for that regret. I guess it's hard to forgive herself, Clare should deeply understand what Jean was feeling at that time.
Clare: (sheds tears) Uh? What is going on? What am I crying for?
Helen: Damn. She's really a helpless idiot.
Deneve: Can you still move, Helen?
Helen: Mmm...yeah, I guess.
Deneve: Even though she's an idiot, she's our comrade. Let's save her.
Helen: To save that monster? I still don't get it...doesn't that mean we're dying together?
Deneve: Although that's correct, but the probability of surviving isn't zero.
(The destroyer poles begin to hatch)
Deneve: We have been fighting a whole day's worth of opponents since yesterday, I guess we can say we're now friends (with the destroyer).
Helen: Heh, this "friend" is really bad. Mmm...I guess we played for a whole day long enough to remember what she does.
Deneve: Then it's enough, let's stir up a war.
Helen: Get out of the way!
(Helen destroys the poles while leaving Deneve a clear path to Priscilla and Clare. Deneve stabs two poles with her swords and flings them to Priscilla, distracting her. She steps on the ground, grabs Clare and flees the scene.)
Helen: Deneve!
(Helen flings a giant pole towards the fleeing Deneve, who cuts the pole in two. The two halfs reach Priscilla and many poles shoot out from them to impale her.)
Helen: Did it work?
Deneve: No, it's not working. She's not an opponent we can fight with our level. Currently our movements are going according to plan and still within our boundaries.
(Priscilla breaks free from the poles)
Deneve: From now on, we can only pray to the goddess of fortune for help.

Meanwhile...
Yuma: (pants heavily) Thought that we were real lucky not to be hit by the second wave. Damn, can't I perform the same level as Cynthia?
(Cynthia wakes up)
Cynthia: I'm still...alive...?
(Yuma fights the kitties)
Yuma: I still need some time for my yoki to flow through my body. It will be better if Cynthia was here to synchronize her yoki with mine. I still have to work hard...
(Yuma's arm gets stabbed by a pole)
Yuma: Urgh...damn, what is this? (tears it out) Damn, can't I use my right arm anymore? To be lured here is enough, but to be killed here, I will probably burden Cynthia again. So I still don't want to die yet. It wasn't easy to learn yoki synchronization and regeneration, I was even thinking of able to help out everyone else. Captain Miria would even praise me, I guess...Helen and Deneve will even be surprised. Tabitha would say the same thing as Miria...Clare...what would Clare do? Anyway, Clare resembles me, seldom socializing. I guess she will have nothing much to say. (weeps) But in her heart, she will be happy for me...so I guess in the end, I still have no way to see everyone again.
(The kitties prepare to attack)
Dietrich: You're Helen and Deneve's comrade?
Yuma: ?!
Dietrich: The gratitude for being rescued by your companions...I will return it in double.

Reinforcement from Dietrich!
Miria's main squad is finally here?!
To be continued May issue.
Old 2010-03-01, 10:43   Link #31
kureimur

I notice that crying is normal in this Manga.
Old 2010-03-01, 10:48   Link #32
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Thank you for the translation Weils.

Seems to be a pretty straightforward chapter. Nice insight into Claire's preparation to awaken and kill her, based on what she remembers as a child. Wonder if we'll ever find out what really stopped her.

*sigh, poor Yuma, all those cool moments and she still wants to be better accepted amongst her group
Old 2010-03-01, 11:06   Link #33
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

it was probably still rafaella who was used to suppress the soul link of her sister.
Deneve's theory is nice but she does not know anything about clare's and rafaella's "relationship"

If i have understood it the right way, clare thinks about going against priscilla with mere skill?
She really IS an idiot, helen is right but i will wait until i see the original translation.
Old 2010-03-01, 11:06   Link #34
manmmlala

well... it's the first time for me to realize that noel had cut off priscilla's arm.. for a second.. before she pasted it back again.. i didn't notice that..
Old 2010-03-01, 11:12   Link #35
Gooral
Banned

Same here and I've seen this scene countless times.

And thanks Weils.
Old 2010-03-01, 11:25   Link #36
Squawks
PSI you from behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
As for the chapter,
In other words, the that maniest deus ex machina.

It may be fair, but not realistic.
Old 2010-03-01, 11:26   Link #37
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinethearcher View Post
If i have understood it the right way, clare thinks about going against priscilla with mere skill?
She really IS an idiot, helen is right but i will wait until i see the original translation.
Can't blame her too much, she doesn't have much options.

It's actually pretty smart; she observed attacks that managed to "damage" her, and thus, based her training regime around them in order to get the most out of them when she awakened.

I'm kind of confused about what Deneve's theory actually :/
Old 2010-03-01, 12:23   Link #38
Newhope

Ya Dietrich's back I'am really starting to wonder what her real motive's are.
Old 2010-03-01, 12:40   Link #39
Ulquihorror

Spoiler for I tried to search for a jean's wedge:
Old 2010-03-01, 13:19   Link #40
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I'm actually glad to see that Clare is unconsciously unwilling to awaken and repeat the tragedy with Jean, even if her conscious self doesn't realize it.

Deep down a part of Clare has her priorities straight, but just like Helen said, Clare is just too dumb to realize it consciously.