AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-11-08, 10:43   Link #541
NyxOne

Well, CB has to last the series...hence no Ahead Zerg Rush.
NyxOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 10:50   Link #542
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyxOne View Post
A-Laws doesn't know CB's infrastructure locations, so there is nowhere to rush TO.

I suspect the reason Ribbons hadn't tipped A-Laws off on where all the CB space stations are, is that there is a danger that his own location on the moon could be identified on the records in one of these bases. Getting killed off by your own pawns by accident would be a pretty uncool way to die.

If A-Laws hear about a super-computer called VEDA, they would CERTAINLY want to get their hands on it. Ribbons can't help A-Laws too much or it would put himself in danger.
Old 2008-11-08, 11:02   Link #543
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMooFarm View Post
Pseudo Gn Drive meaning GN Tau?
The term Pseudo GN Drive has been used in reference to the Thrones when they were first revealed, so yes it refers to the GN Drive Tau.

Also, on why make stuff like the Trilobyte... Mobile Suits may be versatile, but as explained in 00V, aquatice-specialized mobile armors reign supreme in underwater combat. Gundams are the exception to the rule... but even then, a good aquatic mobile armor still required a whole lot of effort on part of Gundams to succeed (the Trilobyte itself had to be ganged up on by 3 Gundams to be destroyed).

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 11:31   Link #544
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
A-Laws doesn't know CB's infrastructure locations, so there is nowhere to rush TO.

I suspect the reason Ribbons hadn't tipped A-Laws off on where all the CB space stations are, is that there is a danger that his own location on the moon could be identified on the records in one of these bases. Getting killed off by your own pawns by accident would be a pretty uncool way to die.

If A-Laws hear about a super-computer called VEDA, they would CERTAINLY want to get their hands on it. Ribbons can't help A-Laws too much or it would put himself in danger.
is ribbons still on the moon? i thought he was in some fancy house on the earth
GundamMeisterLockon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 11:45   Link #545
NyxOne

I don't think they need to concern themselves with space stations- if CB has any. They could just Zerg the Ptolmey 2.
Old 2008-11-08, 12:40   Link #546
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

So is celestial being protoss?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 12:57   Link #547
MooMooFarm

Quote:
I know that, and that is why it's bad writing. Japan isn't exactly creative, but still, you'd think all that asian math would come in handy for common sense at least.

Quote:
You mean, if I saw reports of Gundams at Kataron's base, but because the report is not 100% sure, I wouldn't send ALL my Aheads there? I'm pretty sure I would.

First of all, A-Laws also hasn't seen CB do jack squat other than fighting A-Laws, so there's only ONE CONCLUSION, A-Laws = CB appears! WOAAAHHH. I'M SO GONNA TAKE COMMANDER KATAGIRIS PLACE WITH MAI SUPERIOR FINKIN.

Quote:
Err that could be, but I got the impression that Ribbons is the kind of guy to have most things under control and be pretty secure, hence why only the 00/aeolia stuff eluded him. I highly doubt the A-Laws current pilots can stand up to the Innovators even if they all use Aheads. That's just how they appear to me, seeing as how Ribbons looks down on humans so much. You can't look down on them THAT much if you are going to suck balls at mobile suit combat right? Then again I might be wrong, and I'll just be damn disappointed at this season.

Quote:
Also, on why make stuff like the Trilobyte... Mobile Suits may be versatile, but as explained in 00V, aquatice-specialized mobile armors reign supreme in underwater combat. Gundams are the exception to the rule... but even then, a good aquatic mobile armor still required a whole lot of effort on part of Gundams to succeed (the Trilobyte itself had to be ganged up on by 3 Gundams to be destroyed).
No, I get that real easy. What I'm saying is that, again, zerg Aheads -> Make CB come to Kataron base that was just owned -> Own them. Simple as that. Water is also the hardest area to reinforce, so it makes no sense to try to beat them in that area. Lastly, if CB does stay in the water THAT LONG, then you just make sure whenever they COME OUT they got pummeled. If they choose to stay in the water, who cares if they build Atlantis again? It's not like it's going to bother you beating the crap out of poor Kataron who in no way is going to get access to have bases under the sea.

It's kind of a rule that comes from certain RTS games, and hell even MATH. If it's going to have diminishing returns upgrading your damn units and your units are near effective against the enemies, you just pump out more units. There's no point in constantly upgrading if your fighting force is so damn small every time, because then you are playing at the enemies pace.

Heck, they could have spent like 1/10th that budget teaching those damn bads how to work together.

Quote:
I don't think they need to concern themselves with space stations- if CB has any. They could just Zerg the Ptolmey 2.
Exactly. It's stupid to not rape their only attacking force just because you go OH WE HAVEN'T FOUND THEIR SHACK YET.

Quote:
So is celestial being protoss?
I guess, but this match of SC is just a scrub fest.
MooMooFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 12:59   Link #548
NyxOne

Well, 'bad writing' or not, the plot dictates that the protagonists can't get Ahead-swarmed early on and all.
Old 2008-11-08, 13:03   Link #549
MooMooFarm

Quote:
Well, 'bad writing' or not, the plot dictates that the protagonists can't get Ahead-swarmed early on and all.
Yeah, hence why I'm like =[ instead of =]
MooMooFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 13:29   Link #550
blitz1/2

Well I can say that Aheads are Gundam oo's counterpart to Marasai for now. And Gn-XIII with hizack and other old suits as GM IIs/nemos.

Old 2008-11-08, 13:33   Link #551
Ardi220288
Rooaaarrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Trilobite, 0 Raiser and Arche Gundam

question. do they mention how many GN-Drive Trilobite had? I just want to confirm it since it seems that It have three. and arche do looks like turbulenz somehow
Ardi220288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 13:37   Link #552
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardi220288 View Post
question. do they mention how many GN-Drive Trilobite had? I just want to confirm it since it seems that It have three. and arche do looks like turbulenz somehow
I think Trilobite had 2.

Old 2008-11-08, 13:40   Link #553
miles316

Smile armor

Kataran needs to start gutting those mobile suit of their armor so they can Move faster.
miles316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 13:41   Link #554
Ardi220288
Rooaaarrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I think Trilobite had 2.
really what about the one in the "tail" it looks like a GN-drive to me
Old 2008-11-08, 13:41   Link #555
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
I think Trilobite had 2.
It looks like it has another one on its tail.
Old 2008-11-08, 13:43   Link #556
miles316

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
It looks like it has another one on its tail.
when the trilobite does first launch it does look like it is emitting three GN trails in its wake like it has three drives.
miles316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 13:50   Link #557
Ardi220288
Rooaaarrrr

3 GN-drive for trilobite I guess that's why Seravee need trans-am(3xoutput) to push it back. and 3 gundam gang up to destroy destroy it. wonder if this investment made by Louise will be mass produced
Old 2008-11-08, 13:52   Link #558
blitz1/2

Quote:
3 GN-drive for trilobite I guess that's why Seravee need trans-am(3xoutput) to push it back. and 3 gundam gang up to destroy destroy it. wonder if this investment made by Louise will be mass produced
But if it's 3, wouldn't the output be the same then (then Seravee and Trilobyte won;t move because their propulsion is the same, 3vs. 3). It makes sense if it's 2.

I see 2 on side, and maybe a third on tail?

Old 2008-11-08, 14:26   Link #559
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
But if it's 3, wouldn't the output be the same then (then Seravee and Trilobyte won;t move because their propulsion is the same, 3vs. 3). It makes sense if it's 2.

I see 2 on side, and maybe a third on tail?
I keep telling you guys it wouldn't work like that, since Trans-AM and the GN-Drive Taus are fundamentally different. No one believes me, though. Now we've got proof, as a Trans-AM 3rd Gen. Gundam overpowered a 3xGN-Drive Tau mobile armor.
Old 2008-11-08, 15:39   Link #560
Bad wolf
Pacifist War Lord

Send a message via AIM to Bad wolf Send a message via MSN to Bad wolf Send a message via Yahoo to Bad wolf
Quote:
SO i'm not the only one thinking Arche looks like Turbulenz after all!
Bad wolf is offline   Reply With Quote