Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-11-06, 03:54   Link #1201
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Not really. Even with their combined and overwhelming firepower, they couldn't really damage the Gundams.
All they did manage to do was exhausting the pilots, but they could have simply switched to autopilot, if they wished to rest. They just didn't do it.
They don't need to damage the Gundams to win, which is what that battle was proving. If you eliminate the pilot's capability to operate his weaponry, they are no longer a threat and can be properly dealt with. We don't know if the autopilot functions of the Gundams are capable of combat--chances are that they're not, which is why they didn't use the auto-pilot to rest.
Old 2008-11-06, 03:56   Link #1202
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Not really. Even with their combined and overwhelming firepower, they couldn't really damage the Gundams.
All they did manage to do was exhausting the pilots, but they could have simply switched to autopilot, if they wished to rest. They just didn't do it.
Autopilot for what? The Gundam's autopilots are not meant to fill in during combat, especially of the kind the Gundams were getting into in that situation. Leave their guard down for one second, and they'll get captured or heavily damaged, it's as easy as that. The autopilot has only been shown in use during transit to and from combat, and the Gundams have yet to demonstrate the ability to fight as automated units (Haro, despite its usefulness, can't really be expected to deliver in battle, and leaving the fighting to machines would negate the need for Meisters in the first place).

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 04:57   Link #1203
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
I didn't want to imply, that the autopilot is capable of fighting, but it's definately able to move the Gundam from A to B. And nothing more is necessary to escape a battle.
If moving from A to B was all it takes, the Gundams would have escaped ages ago. They couldn't get out because they are pinned down by physical forces; literally knocked out of the air and nailed to the ground by bombs and artillery shells. And they can't rest because they didn't know when they would be attacked or when a chance to run could present itself. And anyway rest is impossible with all the shock waves and noise that was present.
Old 2008-11-06, 10:34   Link #1204
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamMeisterLockon View Post
um moo moo, 00 isn't that realistic but its the most realistic of all gundam anime besides u cannot fit too much detail 4 realism in a 30 minute show right?
The 08th Mobile Suit Team would like to have a word with you...
Old 2008-11-06, 13:23   Link #1205
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Anything featuring flying, laser-shooting death robots loses its realism factor.
Old 2008-11-06, 13:27   Link #1206
MooMooFarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamMeisterLockon View Post
um moo moo, 00 isn't that realistic but its the most realistic of all gundam anime besides u cannot fit too much detail 4 realism in a 30 minute show right?
Quote:
6. Using excuses like WE HAVE TO MANY CHARACTERS AND CAN'T FIT EVERYTHING INTO 2X EPISODES is dumb. The whole reason for splitting the seasons and making it smaller was for quality in the first place am I right? So we don't have to drag things out like in Seed where it takes 24 minutes for NOTHING to happen and have like 4 fillers every season. Now we QQ cause it's too SHORT? This kind of stuff should have been planned long before it was animated.
WOAHHHHHHH MY GOD, A QUOTE FOR A QUOTE, AND IT'S OF MYSELF!

Quote:
People have no idea how hard it is to aim in real combat and how easily 'Aces' can get shot down.
Yeah I do, for one, a bullet in real combat moves FAR faster than the lasers in 00. You dig?

And you just supported me. Rarely does a NAMED person get shot down. PERIOD. Even PATRICK has 3x the dodge rate of a grunt or MORE, and the guy can probably attract lasers coming from Fon Spark in space.

Quote:
You become an Ace if you have 5 kills and why so few? Because you're most likely a dead pilot by the time you even reach a Double Ace.
00 time line is just a WEE bit more advanced in technology than the days of the Red Baron my friend. And it's kind of stated by me earlier that in 00, defense is overwhelmingly higher than offense, which is the other way around in the real world.

Quote:
These MSes are extremely high speed targets which can move at mach speeds, shooting them down with homing missiles is hard, a beam or shell is a miraculous feat even with high tech targeting systems.
Yeah, it's a shame we can't just shove the same motors or engines or gn drives onto the weapons or heaven forbid, use LASERS...err OH WAIT.

Quote:
What I meant, MooMoo, was that even if the Meisters 'suck' (which they...don't, really, save Al right now for clear reasons which you yourself elaborated on), Gundams are the only weapons they have. They can't exactly fight with anything else, can they?
I never told them to fight with anything else. I asked for them to get better T_T with what they have. And Tieria sucks, hands down. How any of you defend the guy is beyond me. In s1, his main rival was PATRICK. PATRICK. Are you JOKING ME? Fembot versus GN-Magnet?

Quote:
Oh, and Soma's better this season, and Sergei never was all that good anyway.
Soma isn't so much better as she is picking on a handicap kid. You also got to keep in mind I AM overexaggerating, cause this IS a forum. Heaven forbid if I mix trolling in. Point being, Soma hasn't shown jack yet, so until she does something other than pick on the handicap kid, no. The only time I thought she performed "supersoldier" level was when she dodged around Zwei's fangs during the desert arc, and Sergei still lasted like, only 5 seconds less than she did. She also has a better tieren, and I've pretty much concluded fangs are a joke compared to fin funnels and dragoons and all the other wannabes. It's probably like, auto pilot. Look how BAD they are. They got hit by VIRTUE, that gundam is Ezalor himself in 00. Sergei I could care less about, cause he's the Pedo bear, but APPARENTLY some people think the man is a beast, and I can't really say no, cause I'm afraid of his tricks and candy.

Quote:
Soma's body has always been perfect for battle
Three people survived their mobile suits getting blown to bits, Soma was not one of them. Two of them were UNSCATHED as far as we know, and one just got charred (OHHH THE BAD PUN). I expect Soma to pull some Jeremiah crap if she's gonna show us how superior her body is, so when her Ahead blows up, a pink Tieren comes out, and when that blows up, a pink Haro comes out, and when that finally bites it, she comes out and stabs you with a toothpick with a pedo bear decoration at the handle.

Quote:
Oh, and Lasse was believed by all to be dead until very recently as well.
My bad FOUR GUYS. And this guy just got a razor cut on his brow, THAT'S IT. Wait until Hong shows up and pulls Chuck Norris against the 00 or something.

Quote:
I wasn't going to use such cheap material, but yes, that really hits the spot. Too bad it's not as popular since it's not a main series, but it sure as hell is popular for it's format =]
MooMooFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 13:58   Link #1207
NyxOne

You do crack some funny jokes...

Edit: Never mind, you're (probably) referring to the Fangs.

And Soma was the only pilot out of the entire Tieren group not get hit or shot down or killed, in the case of everyone else barring Sergei, by Mikhail's Fangs- as a reminder, simply.
NyxOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 13:47   Link #1208
MooMooFarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyxOne View Post
You do crack some funny jokes...

Edit: Never mind, you're (probably) referring to the Fangs.

And Soma was the only pilot out of the entire Tieren group not get hit or shot down or killed, in the case of everyone else barring Sergei, by Mikhail's Fangs- as a reminder, simply.
No, Soma was hit by Mikhail's fangs, just not as badly as Sergei. Re-watch it, I'm 90% sure she was hit in some way or another.

And yeah, Fangs are CRAP. Anyone who can get hit by Ezalor is a non factor. MOVE OUT OF THE WAY IDIOT THE GIANT BALL IS GLOWING. CAREFUL NOW, HE'S JUST IDLY STANDING THERE CLEARLY HE WENT AFK BRB BATHROOM BREAK DURRRR. LOOK HE EVEN TURNED ON THE OCCUPIED LIGHT! IT'S SHININNNNGGGGG.

No way in hell if it was like the New type fin funnels or the Dragoon system would a guy like Ali lose fangs against Tieria. Unless the fangs were like, made from china or something and he figured he will just replace them anyways after the fight. That kind of makes sense.
MooMooFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 18:36   Link #1209
miles316

Smile Celestial Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
There IS a way around that.
CB's founder might have hidden something for the future, perhaps for when peace-time arrived. He hid the Twin-Drive and Tran-zam after all.

And the alternative is that the true GN-Drives themselves could be studied, once again only when peace is achieved, and the technology reverse-engineered and figured out.
Something tells me a organization that was fanatical enough to kill every one involved in the creation of the solar furnace. probably would destroy the solar furnace before ever allowing any one to examine them with the intent of developing new ones.
miles316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 19:35   Link #1210
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

we so need a rainbow color drive , just combine all the color in existance plus a few more and you got yourself a rainbow drive
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 03:49   Link #1211
pingva

My predictions:
- Andrei will be a young Wild Bear, but will not do the same mistake as his father with his wife.
- Kati and Patrick will be a story of Kujou(Sumeragi) and Emilio, but with a different ending.
- Billy is responsible for Emilio's death.

Last edited by pingva; 2008-11-09 at 04:27.
pingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 04:00   Link #1212
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post
My predictions:
- Andrei will be a young Wild Bear, but will not do the same mistake as his father with his wife.
- Kati and Patrick will be a story of Kujou(Sumeragi) and Emilio, but with a different ending.
Andrei is ALREADY shown not to be a young Sergei. His early statement that "Orders from the top must be obeyed," is completely different from Sergei's philosophy. Sergei is patriotic to his nation, but he is prepared to break rules to save his government from itself.
Old 2008-11-09, 04:29   Link #1213
pingva

Quote:
Andrei is ALREADY shown not to be a young Sergei. His early statement that "Orders from the top must be obeyed," is completely different from Sergei's philosophy. Sergei is patriotic to his nation, but he is prepared to break rules to save his government from itself.
Andrei will become a Wild Bear. It means we will see his transformation.
Old 2008-11-09, 05:36   Link #1214
Seibee
Mwu Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post
- Billy is responsible for Emilio's death.
Do you know, that's exactly what I suspect too? I hope it was an accident, but I don't think it will have been. Jealousy can do terrible things to a person..
Seibee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 06:01   Link #1215
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seibee View Post
Do you know, that's exactly what I suspect too? I hope it was an accident, but I don't think it will have been. Jealousy can do terrible things to a person..
Why I suspect Billy:
- Sumeragi's lover's name was Emilio Ribishi [don't know how to romanize the last name]
- Sumeragi entered university at age 15 and completed all her credits in 2 years.
- Since their student days, Billy favors Sumeragi who is 5 years younger.
- Despite the age difference, Billy didn't care and still approached Sumeragi many times.
- Even when Sumeragi had a lover, Billy still frequently contacted her. Sumeragi was Billy's first love.
- In magazine is stated that Billy may be guilty of something.
- Billy so easily has chosen revenge when Setsuna took away Sumeragi.
- Emilio's death was an accident.
Old 2008-11-09, 06:27   Link #1216
Seibee
Mwu Fangirl

And I felt sorry for him....
Old 2008-11-09, 08:01   Link #1217
Knight_SV

so is kati and sumeragi is sisters?
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 08:05   Link #1218
Seibee
Mwu Fangirl

I doubt it. I never heard a full name mentioned. The commander dude said 'Mannequin' and 'Kujou', but not together, and said 'kimitachi' beforehand, so I'm inclined to think that he was referring to both Kathy and Sumeragi. Yes, the Japanese way is surname first, but Kathy has always introduced herself as 'Kathy Mannequin' in the Western fashion. If anything, I'd have said it means 'Kujou' is Sumeragi's real surname rather than her first name.

Last edited by Seibee; 2008-11-09 at 08:48.
Old 2008-11-09, 09:35   Link #1219
Knight_SV

ouh... so they were colleagues before, but why she was an AEU? i (and many people) thought sumeragi was from Union?
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 10:38   Link #1220
Clegger

Quote:
I may be wrong, but didn't they kinda make a comparison between the two in last weeks episode? When Soma was talking with Sergei, he asked about his son and she said he was very devoted to his duties. Sergei responded that he was just like his old man and that was something he cursed Andrei with. Sure, Sergei's philosophy is different now but what about when he was Andrei's age?
Clegger is offline   Reply With Quote