3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 2.27%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-11-17, 21:03   Link #401
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Ok I was surprised how smooth that all went. I mean every few moments I was waiting for disaster and nothing ended up happening. Marie got back in control without any problems from that. Sergei let her go and flew off peacefully. Heck he even directed Lyle to where they were and didn't get shot down like I was half expecting. Oh well not complaining that it didn't go badly.

Crew reactions were a lot of fun. Someone other than Setsuna brings someone onto the ship and everyone freaks out .
Old 2008-11-17, 21:47   Link #402
kakakka

Just watched some raws.

To tell the truth, I was having a Rosamie(sp?) vibe (from Zeta) from Marie. Her other self (Soma) might come back again then cause Allelujah another grief. Kind of like, she's going to a mobile suit to rescue Al one time, them pop, Soma takes charge and start attacking Al. Then in the end, one of them will die....hope not.

Kids + Al revolting then being stranded to a spaceship, then Hal killing all those children reminds me of "Lord of the Flies," heh

To those who think Bushido/Graham is being selfish this season, they probably didn't watch his battle (aka love confession) with Setsuna back from episode 25, or did not take him seriously back then.

I feel bad for Sergei. Just before he could legally adopt Soma/Marie to being his daughter, Al took her away. Sad.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 21:49   Link #403
hero147

I have a feeling that it would be Marie/Soma that will tell Saji about Louise, possibly indirectly. She probably already knows at least Saji's name with her quantum brainwaves.
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 22:17   Link #404
Double_Edge
Cool Lander

Man, Soma and Allelujah sure resolved things fast. Oh well, it was a good thing to me. Kind of feel bad for Sergei though. Hopefully he still does adopt Soma and stay in her life after Celestial Being brings forth world peace.

And I really like how season two leaves a part of the episode for after the ending sequence. It makes it seem longer ^_^.

I wish I had a real life Gundam to drive to school and pick up chicks with.....
Old 2008-11-17, 22:26   Link #405
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

This shall be the episode known as the one where everything went right

Don't expect anything similar to happen again though

P.S - Brilliant insert song I'm starting to be very fond of Tommy Heavenly6 already
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 23:05   Link #406
Double 120%
Double Your Fun

For the love of...

Give me some action already! The show is called Gundam. Not, "Let's tell a story then also have Gundams be involved for about a minute each episode."

Live up the original namesake already!

Tell the story around the action, not the action around the story.

Last edited by Double 120%; 2008-11-17 at 23:16.
Double 120% is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 23:20   Link #407
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

now its lockon's turn for love and they probably save setsuna and marina for last
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 23:34   Link #408
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double 120% View Post
For the love of...

Give me some action already! The show is called Gundam. Not, "Let's tell a story then also have Gundams be involved for about a minute each episode."

Actually this is more or less what Gundam is normally like. You've probably just been watching the Seed universe for far too long. Gundam is historically a pretty slow moving franchise that focuses more often on the characters and their interactions with one another then on flashy robot action. There's usually a skirmish of the week but yeah...this IS the Gundam I remember as opposed to how it's been for the greater half of the 21st century.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 23:39   Link #409
Double 120%
Double Your Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Actually this is more or less what Gundam is normally like. You've probably just been watching the Seed universe for far too long. Gundam is historically a pretty slow moving franchise that focuses more often on the characters and their interactions with one another then on flashy robot action. There's usually a skirmish of the week but yeah...this IS the Gundam I remember as opposed to how it's been for the greater half of the 21st century.
Oh please. Don't patronize me. I've seen every single Gundam series. Don't presume to tell me what Gundam is and what it isn't, especially with that veiled insult of "you've been watching seed too long." I can't believe you can just sit there and accept that notion.

The Gundam series that built this franchise (UC series) had plenty of character development and they definitely had more than 1 to 2 minutes of the mobile suit action in each episode, and definitely a lot more action than Gundam 00 so far. It's not hard to weave character development and story through action drama and suspense. But you know what Gundam 00's version of character development is? Having characters sit around, look serious, and talk for 5/6 of the episode. Also add a dash of repeating eachother's full name for flavor: "Saji Crossroad" "Setsuna F. Seiei" etc

Nowadays, Bandai has become so concerned with selling and pushing models that they structure the entire series around the release of their model kits. Right now, Gundam 00 doesn't even have a beam saber for crying out loud! Even the original Gundam had that! It doesn't even make sense to launch with less than half your weapons! I've seen GM's with more weapons than that!

Bandai:
"Don't forget to watch next week's episode kids! You might just actually see Gundam 00 get a beam saber!" - Lame

On another note:
I know it looked cool, but I cannot believe Bandai is now able to structure an ENTIRE episode around a Gundam launching! The show looks great, but I need more substance than that!

Last edited by Double 120%; 2008-11-18 at 00:06.
Old 2008-11-17, 23:43   Link #410
Forgetful_Duck
Dame Ningen

I'm going to step u and say i liek both character emo development and Action.

but SERIOUSLY, wayyy too fast...
Did them 2 have wireless mind sex before hand or something? Already making out damn.
Forgetful_Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 00:00   Link #411
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMoofarm
Well, that's it for me. Better stop before I offend someone >.> oh noezzzzzzzzzzz. Though this forum was 10x better years ago when there were funny trolls that can make Koda-like posts ^_~ every day. Wonder where they all went?
I agree with you on that...After Mr. Paper dipped out so did the free-wheeling style of this forum...This forum used to be the $hit...Bar none best sub forum in anime for a good little while...Now you'd be lucky to spark a discussion 1 DAY after the ep airs...The only problem I've ever have with trolls are the bad ones...The good, clever-ones, who have style are fine with me...Wait a minute is that wingdarkness??

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Sama
That misconception is infuriating...I just think the action in 00 is so visually superb, some simply just want more...I do too, but not to the point of irritation...
Old 2008-11-18, 00:03   Link #412
Charred Knight

Quote:
For the love of...

Have you seen the original gundam?

Theres an episode in which salt is discussed., The ending was so drawn out that the series was improved when Tomino had to remove 9 episodes due to cancellation.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 00:03   Link #413
Slick_rick

Quote:
Oh please. Don't patronize me. I've seen every single Gundam series. Don't presume to tell me what Gundam is and what it isn't, especially with that veiled insult of "you've been watching seed too long." The Gundam series that built this franchise (UC series) had plenty of character development and they definitely had more than 1 to 2 minutes of the Gundam in each episode, and definitely a lot more action than this.

Nowadays, Bandai has become so concerned with selling and pushing models that they structure the entire series around the release of their model kits. Right now, Gundam 00 doesn't even have a beam saber for crying out loud! Even the original Gundam had that! It doesn't even make sense to launch with less than half your weapons! I've seen GM's with more weapons than that!

Bandai:
"Don't forget to watch next week's episode kids! You might just actually see Gundam 00 get a beam saber!" - Lame
Maybe more battles scenes maybe but actually Gundam fighting in the original Gundam? I don't remember anywhere close to the amount of Gundam fighting we have seen in 00 from the original. The average of 1 to 2 minutes of Gundam each episode is a bit of an understatement. S1 we say a decent amount of episodes in which the Gundam fought for the majority of the episode. If you look at the vast majority of Gundam I'd bet Gundam 00 actually panders more to the action fan than others i.e Turn A, 0080, 0083, 08th MS to name a few.

I won't much comment on the beam saber just I don't see the validity of an argument that a beam saber is somehow need to make the Gundam 00 complete. I'm not a model Gundam fan so I could honestly care less though that has no bearing on the actual abilities of the Gundam 00 itself.
Old 2008-11-18, 00:03   Link #414
Clegger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
I think this whole scenario is gonna twist its own head off though...Sergei's son will play a part in this and there's no way Soma//Perfect Mary is finished fighting...Be patient, my spidey sense tells me she'll be semi-raping lesser mechs very soon...If her quantum brainwaves were influenced once, they'll be influence again...
My bet is that Soma/Marie will start fighting once Sergei gets killed by the A-Laws. I don't think Andrei or anyone else is going to tamper with her. Or atleast I hope not, because I don't want Alle whining about his Marie again. Plus, up to this point Andrei hasn't done anything to even hint that he's a bad guy.
Clegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 00:12   Link #415
Double 120%
Double Your Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Have you seen the original gundam?

Theres an episode in which salt is discussed., The ending was so drawn out that the series was improved when Tomino had to remove 9 episodes due to cancellation.
Yeah...salt was discussed in that episode for what? 1 minute? 2 minutes? The same amount of time that is now dedicated to the entire action of Gundam 00 currently.

You know what else was in that episode?

-Ramba Ral action.
-Sayla piloting the Gundam and nearly throwing up at the G-forces
-Ramba Ral tearing the Gundam's foot off
-Amuro in the Guncannon
-Gouf and the Guntank battling
-Zaku breaking apart the Gundam's main camera
...etc

You know..action and stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
I won't much comment on the beam saber just I don't see the validity of an argument that a beam saber is somehow need to make the Gundam 00 complete. I'm not a model Gundam fan so I could honestly care less though that has no bearing on the actual abilities of the Gundam 00 itself.
You don't need to be a model fan to know really. The promotional artwork that I've seen on this forum has shown that Gundam 00 thus far actually has two beam sabers, the shield that splits into two weapons, and two Gunblades. What reason would Setsuna story wise have to launch with only one Gunblade and a shield if a beamsaber is also part of its optional equipment? Why not take it?
Old 2008-11-18, 00:20   Link #416
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double 120%
You know what Gundam 00's version of character development is? Having characters sit around , look serious, and talk for 5/6 of the episode.
You do realize Gundam 00 is shaping up to be the first pure character-study Gundam show? The way Turn A shaped itself thru pure character development, Seed shaped itself thru pure melodrama, and Wing shaped itself thru pure philosophy and idealism, Gundam 00 is simply a different type of Gundam show...It has many of the aspects of the more Real G-shows, yet has the animation and the SOOPA-ness of many superficial G-shows...I love the fact that is has a common ground closer to UC than the AU, but stop expecting it to meet all of your comparisons to earlier shows..I love old school Gundam and like you have seen it all, but I like this $hit too and take offense to you're belittling it for simply having it's own identity...

I could go thru the list, but we just finished having the beam spray party, action for the sake of action series in GSD, but now we're throwing it back to a more character-driven narrative...SO basically I'm saying there are a $hitload of action first G-shows and a $hitload of character first or story first G-shows...Gundam 00 simply happens to be more character based, but the action is superb aswell, just not as constant as others...I don't get what's wrong with that, other than your misplaced expectations evidently...MSG didn't have half the $hit I've seen in 00, but I love it all the same...If you wanna imagine Saji jumping into a suit, and protecting the Ptolemy while becoming an ace-pilot because it'll bring more action, I'm sure there's a series out there that fits that request (Prolly 5 of them)...

I do respect your passion though...
Old 2008-11-18, 00:28   Link #417
Slick_rick

Quote:
You don't need to be a model fan to know really. The promotional artwork that I've seen on this forum has shown that Gundam 00 thus far actually has two beam sabers, the shield that splits into two weapons, and two Gunblades. What reason would Setsuna story wise have to launch with only one Gunblade and a shield if a beamsaber is also part of its optional equipment? Why not take it?
Well I don't really pay much attention to artwork but here's a theory: That equipment has yet to be made yet or hasn't been given to them yet. This would make sense in that so far they were only in the testing phase of the Gundam 00. Them going to rescue Alle abruptly was not planned. Might as well ask why they haven't launched the 0-Raiser yet? I doubt it's on board either.
Old 2008-11-18, 00:30   Link #418
Charred Knight

Quote:
You do realize Gundam 00 is shaping up to be the first pure character-study Gundam show? The way Turn A shaped itself thru pure character development, Seed shaped itself thru pure melodrama, and Wing shaped itself thru pure philosophy and idealism, Gundam 00 is simply a different type of Gundam show...It has many of the aspects of the more Real G-shows, yet has the animation and the SOOPA-ness of many superficial G-shows...I love the fact that is has a common ground closer to UC than the AU, but stop expecting it to meet all of your comparisons to earlier shows..I love old school Gundam and like you have seen it all, but I like this $hit too and take offense to you're belittling it for simply having it's own identity...

I could go thru the list, but we just finished having the beam spray party, action for the sake of action series in GSD, but now we're throwing it back to a more character-driven narrative...SO basically I'm saying there are a $hitload of action first G-shows and a $hitload of character first or story first G-shows...Gundam 00 simply happens to be more character based, but the action is superb aswell, just not as constant as others...I don't get what's wrong with that, other than your misplaced expectations evidently...MSG didn't have half the $hit I've seen in 00, but I love it all the same...If you wanna imagine Saji jumping into a suit, and protecting the Ptolemy while becoming an ace-pilot because it'll bring more action, I'm sure there's a series out there that fits that request (Prolly 5 of them)...

I would positive rep you but it states that I can't. Is this series Zeta Gundam or Gundam Seed Destiny? No, but the characters are a lot more fascinating than in either of them. With Gundam Seed Destiny they kept force feeding us action which ended up making the Earth Alliance and ORB look like a joke because they lost every battle.

So far the A Laws have been shown to be great pilots with Barack and Andrei being above average, and Soma and Mr. Bushido being excellent pilots.

So far the action seems to be on par with Turn A Gundam

From what I remember there is more action here than in Turn A Gundam, and
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 00:34   Link #419
Double 120%
Double Your Fun

Quote:

Can you honestly say this is the show's "identity" and not the sponsor's "interference"? Ever notice how the appearance of characters, suits, and battles nicely coincide with the release of the model kits and other merchandise? I don't presume to know what the Director wants in this show, but I work in the industry and I do know you definitely have to structure the show around the sponsors demands and requirements. And what annoys me even more is that you guys don't notice it. They've got you hook, line, and sinker. At least be aware.

Even Tomino complained in interviews I've read about sponsors and Bandai's interference with the shows he made about when he could and couldn't show certain ships, suits, etc. How can you make the show the way you want it when you know can and can't show certain things in certain episodes? Answer, you do the best you can and work around it, but in the end I feel it hurts the show if there is too much interference from producers/sponsors, which I feel is happening in Gundam 00 right a little too much right now.

And MSG didn't have half of what you've seen in 00? What exactly haven't you seen in MSG that you've seen in 00 (other than the obvious tech stuff like Trans-am etc which I would say is just the evolution of a running joke from Char's Red MS from MSG)? MSG had plenty of action and did it all in around 36 episodes. Ironically, it was cancelled and cut short due to lack of funding and sponsors, but it spawned the franchise you have today. You may not like the old school, but you gotta give it respect when its due. The story and character development you hold true to in this series (as well as many series you just referenced) is basically a re-make of what has already been done in the older original UC series.

EDIT: I would also encourage anyone reading my messages to refresh a couple times before responding since I tend to write a basic response then add more on top of that for a few minutes after the initial post.

Last edited by Double 120%; 2008-11-18 at 00:50.
Old 2008-11-18, 01:00   Link #420
MooMooFarm

Quote:
What exactly haven't you seen in MSG that you've seen in 00
What kind of question is that? The answer is obviously FujiKei.
MooMooFarm is offline   Reply With Quote