AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-12-23, 01:34   Link #141
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by brassmonkey
not really. remember? naruto was having problem with chakra after oro screwed up the seals. after the good old pervert unsealed the odd number seal on naruto, he didn't even need to think or concentrate to walk on water. he did it naturally
That doesn't mean his chakra control was perfect... it was anything near from that. He just went back from not being able to do stuff like that to how he normally was.
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 02:03   Link #142
Carrot Glace

neji can combine rasengan with kaiten and make a gigantic rasengan .... and when he catches them in it he does the 64 hands to em to!
Carrot Glace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 02:47   Link #143
brassmonkey

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName
That doesn't mean his chakra control was perfect... it was anything near from that. He just went back from not being able to do stuff like that to how he normally was.

the walking on water exercise was suppose to be a test and training to control your chakra. if you could control it, you could walk on it. and naruto walked on it without having to think. it may not be perfect, but it's well on its way there
brassmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 02:49   Link #144
brassmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrot Glace
neji can combine rasengan with kaiten and make a gigantic rasengan .... and when he catches them in it he does the 64 hands to em to!

don't really get it. the kaiten is just flushing out chakra from every pore of his body. while rasengan is using external control to force the chakra to spin on its on. how can you do both?

and even if its possible.. when neji catches them in it, they'd be dead already.
Old 2004-12-23, 07:08   Link #145
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

thats the definition of overkill i guess though the large ball of rasengan sounds good, just need to get near to some one and hes dead
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 09:48   Link #146
EbonySeraphim
Phat Poster/Thread Killer

Send a message via AIM to EbonySeraphim
brassmonkey: Just because someone can do something that demonstrates that they can do it, doesn't make them a master. Someone who can write a simple Hello World program* is far from a master a programming, but it shows they know how to do it to some degree. Thus Naruto isn't master at chakra control just because he can walk on water. It would show that he has enough to do the task of walking on water, but nothing more. The chakra control needed for something like flying would be much much more difficult and seems as if its something that no one in the Naruto universe can do.

Hello World is a commonly used program to start of programming in almost any language. It just prints the text "Hello World" to the screen.
Old 2004-12-23, 12:54   Link #147
brassmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka??
thats the definition of overkill i guess though the large ball of rasengan sounds good, just need to get near to some one and hes dead

it sounds seriously like the chakra version of chouki's meat tank jitsu. supposedly it's possible, neji flushes out chakra, and somehow manages to created his own version of rasengan, and spins/chases his opponent until his "rasengan" hits them and kills them.

isn't that the meat tank tactic?
Old 2004-12-23, 12:57   Link #148
brassmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonySeraphim
brassmonkey: Just because someone can do something that demonstrates that they can do it, doesn't make them a master. Someone who can write a simple Hello World program* is far from a master a programming, but it shows they know how to do it to some degree. Thus Naruto isn't master at chakra control just because he can walk on water. It would show that he has enough to do the task of walking on water, but nothing more. The chakra control needed for something like flying would be much much more difficult and seems as if its something that no one in the Naruto universe can do.

Hello World is a commonly used program to start of programming in almost any language. It just prints the text "Hello World" to the screen.

ya i know what is a hello world program.

well.. if he could do the rasengan, which is a level A jitsu which requires alot of concentration and pin point precise control. and he is able to do it. i'd say he's as good as mastered it.
Old 2004-12-23, 13:12   Link #149
UserName

Quote:
ya i know what is a hello world program.

well.. if he could do the rasengan, which is a level A jitsu which requires alot of concentration and pin point precise control. and he is able to do it. i'd say he's as good as mastered it.
Barely being able to pull of something isn't mastering it...
Old 2004-12-23, 13:42   Link #150
brassmonkey

ok, so i guess the 4th haven't mastered control, neither have jiraiya?
Old 2004-12-23, 15:37   Link #151
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
ok, so i guess the 4th haven't mastered control, neither have jiraiya?
?
What exactly do you mean?
The 4th and Jirayia mastered the Rasengan
The 4th invented it, hence he automatically masters it. And unless there is something else about the rasengan that we don't know about. Jirayia has mastered it too.

Jirayia seems to be able to create a rasengan and different strenghts (the guy he busted up when he showed naruto the rasengan could have never survived a true rasengan)
And he creates one without breaking a sweat, unlike Naruto. (not counting the filler arc, since it's not part of the story)
Old 2004-12-23, 21:01   Link #152
Jetthi

Send a message via AIM to Jetthi
Yes and No

Yes and No. Yes, because it be so cool to see him master and use it. No, because what fun would there be in that? If Neji were to learn it, it messes up everything! But hey that's just me.
Jetthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 22:11   Link #153
brassmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animizzle
?
What exactly do you mean?
The 4th and Jirayia mastered the Rasengan
The 4th invented it, hence he automatically masters it. And unless there is something else about the rasengan that we don't know about. Jirayia has mastered it too.

Jirayia seems to be able to create a rasengan and different strenghts (the guy he busted up when he showed naruto the rasengan could have never survived a true rasengan)
And he creates one without breaking a sweat, unlike Naruto. (not counting the filler arc, since it's not part of the story)

well, pulling something off doesn't mean shit right?
Old 2004-12-23, 23:04   Link #154
UserName

Quote:
well, pulling something off doesn't mean shit right?
No. It doesn't...

But no pulling something off is pulling something off that's it. Unless it's a move where you can't improve upon that simply executing it is all there is to it.
Old 2004-12-24, 00:48   Link #155
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
it sounds seriously like the chakra version of chouki's meat tank jitsu. supposedly it's possible, neji flushes out chakra, and somehow manages to created his own version of rasengan, and spins/chases his opponent until his "rasengan" hits them and kills them.

isn't that the meat tank tactic?
actually i was thinking more of he gets somewhat near to the person like maybe 10 metre radius then he does the big rasengan which will catch the guy in it unlike chouji's meat ball which rolls around sort of wasting time and energy
Old 2004-12-24, 01:47   Link #156
Doppelganger
Lazy Undergraduate

Send a message via ICQ to Doppelganger Send a message via AIM to Doppelganger
Why would Neji want to use such an attack? By the standards of the Hyuuga who seem to rely more on finesse (which is only really possible with their natural ability) than brute force of the Ras would seem like a big waste of energy -- especially when you perceive that your taijutsu style is ultimate (which it supposedly is most of the time...hence the elaborate protection and so on).

The Ras is also a bit flashy as compared to a quick strike that the Hyuuga seem to prefer. It seems that the general mantra for fighting is "don't get near the Hyuuga" because at close range it's practically a forgone conclusion unless you have some trick working for you.

I have a feeling we'll be seeing some more Hyuuga specific uber-moves in the semi-distant future. Certainly Kaiten is already supposedly a golden fleece for masters of the Jyuuken that Neji has attained on his own

PS: I'm not sure if this is a manga-spoilered allowed thread, so I kept things rather general, if it seemed I was dodging some references...
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 02:01   Link #157
brassmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka??
actually i was thinking more of he gets somewhat near to the person like maybe 10 metre radius then he does the big rasengan which will catch the guy in it unlike chouji's meat ball which rolls around sort of wasting time and energy
and sucks the guy into the rasengan? neji is inside the rasengan too you know.. i think he'll be killed in the process
Old 2004-12-24, 02:11   Link #158
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Naruto was able to walk on water with relative ease after the unsealing beacuse prior to that, he was practicing like crazy with Ebisu. If he hadn't been practicing before the unsealing, then he wouldn't have been able to walk on water after Jiraiya unsealed the seal.

This is just like the tree-climbing exercise: Naruto had to keep at it for what 2 days, just to get to the top of the tree. He didn't just automatically grasp the concept like Sakura who has excellent control over her chakra and is more intellegent than Naruto.
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 02:45   Link #159
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
and sucks the guy into the rasengan? neji is inside the rasengan too you know.. i think he'll be killed in the process
well the rasengan is attached to naruto's hand too we don't see his hand geeting screwed, basically it should be neutral to the owner i guess
Old 2004-12-24, 03:11   Link #160
Jewpac

to hisoka

To hisoka:

we obviously do see naruto's hand getting screwed, unfortunately i put the chapter on disk already, but in the anime we see naruto complain about his hands for most of the intermediate part while training to master the rasengan. its allways all burnt/scratched up by the mostly unstable flow of chakra, that or by the inexperienced users like naruto who use it, which would be the case for Neji if possible as well.
Jewpac is offline   Reply With Quote