AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-12-23, 14:09   Link #1
brassmonkey

Basic ninja strategy and justus disappearing?

that none of the ninjas use the basic strategy and jitsus anymore.. like the jitsu where the ninja appears to get hit, but turns into a tree log? people like neji seem to have very limited moves, and have 0 stealth. they don't go into hiding and stalk the enemy or something. they just charge the opponent with their limited moves, and hope to trash them through superior power
brassmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 15:19   Link #2
Lionen

Kishimoto pretty much has trashed the ninja concept, the ninjas of Naruto are more like fighting members of a freak show, everyone taking on enemies by using uniqe themes; Kidomarou uses spidermanwannabeattacks, Gaara uses sand, Shikamaru uses shadows, Shino uses bugs, and so on... Maybe when Kishimoto runs out of ideas he'll get back to the old ninjaish stuff in the earlier episode, maybe not.
Lionen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 23:37   Link #3
lotus_lee

Oh well, it works. I mean, what's more interesting; a fight between 2 generic Jounin or a fight between Gai and Kakashi for example?
lotus_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 00:15   Link #4
brassmonkey

i like the fight between 3 genins and kakashi. he used all 3 fields of ninja skills.
Old 2004-12-24, 00:21   Link #5
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by brassmonkey
that none of the ninjas use the basic strategy and jitsus anymore.. like the jitsu where the ninja appears to get hit, but turns into a tree log? people like neji seem to have very limited moves, and have 0 stealth. they don't go into hiding and stalk the enemy or something. they just charge the opponent with their limited moves, and hope to trash them through superior power
Hello, didnt the sound four just do kawarimi when sasuke was fighting them?

The basic techniques are certainly still there if you look for them. (stabbing with kunai's, regular bunshin, kawarimi, etc) Hell, henge is used in almost every episode.
(Akamaru uses it to become a kiba clone, Shikamaru becomes a Jiroubou )

Heck, beyond the super basic stuff, Naruto still uses kage bunshin (from the first episode to less), shikamaru still uses kage mane, Neji still does his old tricks, Chouji still does the ball shaped baika and rolling meat tank taijutu, Kiba still uses gatsuuga and pops hyourougan's, etc. None of them have abandoned their basic techniques in the slightest.

The basic techniques are only missing if you refuse to see them. Do you realy want none of the charaters to ever improve? Do you really want them all to always use the same basic four techniques? What are you whining about?
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 02:13   Link #6
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

- basic ninja techniques are boring (for the most part) Everyone wants to show off.
- They can't\ don't always use it cuz they either forget about or they just don't have time to react\counter with it.
- They're genins, they don't know anything.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 07:21   Link #7
ptfff

basic ninja techniques were hardly there in the begining, when they had no skill they needed to do it but now they have so much power they can still win without the element of suprise and stuff, and basic jutsu they are crappy cause there are better versions out there that do better stuff and are better so why use the basic version when u can use the better form?, but some are still useful like kawarimi and henge, since u cant improve on them awhole lot, and we only know of 3 basic jutsu?, bunshin, henge and kawarimi?
ptfff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 11:29   Link #8
brassmonkey

well.. the best ninja fights is still kakashi and zabuza.. i mean, they had clashes with swords and knives, and struggled with each other... now everything is just "RASENGAN!" and the enemy goes flying.. or "KUSHINOJITSU!!" *gamabunta appears and accidentally trods on a poor enemy ninja*
Old 2004-12-25, 09:23   Link #9
VMLM3
I had a good idea once...

I agree, recent fights have been either horribly lopsided or unimaginative powerfests, with the exception of the Naruto vs Sasuke fight, and that was just because the whole idea of that fight was to show you they where on equal grounds.
God knows the Team 7 vs Kakashi fight is still one of my favorites. Not to mention Zabuza vs Kakashi; that one part where the atmosphere is so intense Sasuke is ready to kill himself just to get out is just priceless. Besides that, I miss the constant trickery, the importance of surprise, all that stuff. From the way they treated these elements in the first episodes you'd think they would constitute an important part of ninja battles.
Seriously, during the chuunin prelims, where there wasn't much room for duplicity because it consisted of standard 1 on 1 versus matches, it was still more important to stay one step ahead of your opponent, trying to outsmart him. There are exceptions of course, like Lee's fight , where Lee just keeps using more and more power, or Neji's and Hinata's fight. However these fights usually taylor to the character types (Lee probably relies more on raw power than on trickyness for example) or are there to show something in the story (Neji is far stronger than Hinata, Temari is very powerful, etc.).
The fact is I prefer the tactical jousting in earlier episodes to the clear cut "I'm winning and you can tell" type fights that are going on now.
VMLM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-27, 00:56   Link #10
cuttups
Cruiserweight Champion

it seems like the basic strategies/ideas are still there but are being used as part of bigger strategies or moves. The characters seems to be getting smarter and know how to combine things together.

Spoiler:
cuttups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-27, 00:57   Link #11
cuttups
Cruiserweight Champion

115 in the anime, i mean. sorry.
cuttups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-27, 01:26   Link #12
Tsukuyomi
Crazed Obsessive Otaku

...well... these fights are with the art of shinobi anymore like Genma said :O
the strategies are fairly still ninja stealth but small... like ambushes and thinking ahead of the enemy :x

yeah... where are all those pure action jutsu after jutsu fist/kunai/shrukin-throwing action!?

...enemies are getting a little off> what happen to the suprise?
six-arms= spiderman! > neji fight spider?

Ninja ninja ninja!!! it's all out there! well its all coming theres action and stuff.. o_o

when is sasuke just NOT gonna use chidori in a tough fight o_O these fights seem like all they doing is stalling... usually people strongest moves don't even work! wha wha?!?! it's hard to speak now..
Spoiler:
Tsukuyomi is offline   Reply With Quote