AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-12-26, 13:39   Link #1
f00l

Itachi's redemption?

this is a little different question

Does anyone else think that itachi will turn out too be "good" later in the story? i don't mean he will turn "good" as in he will be back in the leaf village smiling etc etc. what I mean is he will have some sort of redemption where he may have to save sasuke from something or team up with sasuke to fight someone.....then maybe he will die in the process of doing one of these. I don't really see sasuke and itachi fighting to the death i think something may happen to interrupt it.

what’s your thoughts?
f00l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-26, 15:51   Link #2
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

I think Itachi might actually save Sasuke because he seems to have some plans for him (notice he hasnt killed him twice and counting).
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-26, 16:57   Link #3
Colordevil

I believe in order to get Kyuubi(or Naruto), Itachi would become more friendly to Sasuke, or even ask Sasuke to join him.
Colordevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-26, 20:42   Link #4
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

I don't think Itachi will save Sasuke or anything like that. From what I can tell, Itachi wants Sasuke to fend for himself. Befriending him to get to Naruto doesn't make sense, since he already knows what has happened between the two kids.

Last edited by Shiryuu; 2004-12-26 at 20:57. Reason: forgot some words
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-26, 20:48   Link #5
Hairydolphin

Send a message via AIM to Hairydolphin
Itachi better not turn out to be good at the end, I want to see the epic battle between the two brothers and i want to see Sasuke lose lol. I don't want them to hug and go like "lets work together"
Hairydolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-26, 23:21   Link #6
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
It really depends on how you define 'good', especially in the case of Itachi.

Itachi killed the Uchiha to 'test his abilitys' (Something along that line) because he deems it 'most important', this could mean that Itachi justifys his act by proclaiming that he does it because it was most important or that he did it because he had to, because it was a must. To put it simply, Itachi might feel guilty about killing the Uchiha, or not, it ultimately depends on how he sees it. Itachi kept Sasuke alive most proberbly because he saw potential in him and Itachi is doing what he deems would help awaken that potential thus, it would be unlikely that Itachi would find the 'redemption' that f00l was refering to simply because Itachi already did the things he did.

Last edited by Inuzuka; 2004-12-27 at 06:16.
Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-26, 23:25   Link #7
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

if you ask me itachi will probably be doing some undercover work or the fact that he killed his family is to protect somethign or them. there is also another possibility that he didnt kill his family, he only told sasuke that so that sasuke will look for him for revenge and not some uber bad guy who will kill him in one nano second

if that occurs then itachi wont turn good he would have always been good
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-26, 23:26   Link #8
Tsukuyomi
Crazed Obsessive Otaku

it's because sasuke is an avenger! ^^
Tsukuyomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-26, 23:27   Link #9
F!reStr!fe
Unlimited Blade Works...

Send a message via AIM to F!reStr!fe
I have a feeling the reason he left sasuke alive was because he didnt need to kill him or waste his time. After he got Mangekyou i think he was testing to see if there was anything more he could gain. So he did the deed and he killed his parents so it seemed to have no effect so he probably quit right there. Thats a possiblity.

My Current Animes: Welcome to the NHK, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Coyote Ragtime Show, Bokura Ga Ita, .hack//roots
F!reStr!fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-26, 23:48   Link #10
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

No.

Itachi strikes me as the kind of guy that cares about no one but himself. Hence the reason why he didnt have any problems murdering his entire clan save for Sasuke. If a situation were presented whereas Sasuke were in danger of losing his life, and Itachi has an opportunity to save him, I believe he would. But only insofar that he ensures the survival of the one person who could truly test his abilities. Not because of some need to find redemption or forgiveness. It'd all be a matter of protecting his interests.

He's a cold, calculating, and selfish bastard. You gotta love the guy for that.
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-26, 23:55   Link #11
brassmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by F!reStr!fe
I have a feeling the reason he left sasuke alive was because he didnt need to kill him or waste his time. After he got Mangekyou i think he was testing to see if there was anything more he could gain. So he did the deed and he killed his parents so it seemed to have no effect so he probably quit right there. Thats a possiblity.
no man... he killed his grandparents too. and everyone else. except sasuke!
brassmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-27, 00:04   Link #12
brassmonkey

but might be interesting, in one episode, sasuke was losing to the leader of the gang, and itachi suddenly rush in to destroy the enemy

kinda like star wars..

"SASUKE.. I'M YOUR BROTHER...." "LIES!!! ITACHI!! LIES!!!"
Old 2004-12-27, 00:44   Link #13
F!reStr!fe
Unlimited Blade Works...

Send a message via AIM to F!reStr!fe
Yea but u gotta remeber sasuke came later after everyone was killed also so its still a possibility.

Brass monkey use the Edit Key man.

My Current Animes: Welcome to the NHK, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Coyote Ragtime Show, Bokura Ga Ita, .hack//roots
F!reStr!fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-27, 04:02   Link #14
brassmonkey

oh yea.. oops
Old 2004-12-27, 04:07   Link #15
CygnusX

Quote:
Originally Posted by brassmonkey
but might be interesting, in one episode, sasuke was losing to the leader of the gang, and itachi suddenly rush in to destroy the enemy

kinda like star wars..

"SASUKE.. I'M YOUR BROTHER...." "LIES!!! ITACHI!! LIES!!!"
LOL!!
CygnusX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 00:56   Link #16
HunterxretnuH

I think the theory on Itachi killing every1 was to keep the power away from the hands of the Akatsuki and is now undercover. He was doing top secret missions in the explaination on sasukas past. Perhaps he himself stumbled upon some information on some evil plan for his clan. He cant allow anyone to know so he keeps his brother alive in hatred in order for him to become stronger to kill him for what he had to do. I dont believe all this, but i wont rule it out. After all kisame seemed to bring up the fact that he thought he killed all the uchiha. Also a possibility on Itachi being brain washed for their dirty deeds. Cant wait to see what happens
HunterxretnuH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 01:23   Link #17
zappater
zapper

Well an fight between Sasuke and Itach would be interesting.
Just think of the fact that they predict eachothers movments, what a strange fight that would be, for example...

Sasuke punches forward.
Itachi predicts the punch and move left.
Sasuke predicts that Itachis will move left, and redirects his punch to the left.
Itachi predicts this and crouch.
Sasuke predicts this and redirects his punch downwards.
Itachi in his turn predicts this and...

Well you get the thing. With the sharingan even a simple punch becomes advanced.
Man, that fight will be strange as they will predict eachothers movements all the time.
zappater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 08:19   Link #18
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
Well an fight between Sasuke and Itach would be interesting.
Just think of the fact that they predict eachothers movments, what a strange fight that would be
I doubt Sasuke would gain that much experience in just 3 years, compared to Itachi. So Itachi will still have the upper hand on that fight.

Quote:
I think the theory on Itachi killing every1 was to keep the power away from the hands of the Akatsuki and is now undercover.
Itachi probably knew what Oro was gonna do or something. Or Oro tried what he did with Sasuke to Itachi...
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 15:31   Link #19
Tenma

I think that maybe Itachi stands to gain something from Sasuke living. Maybe another level in the sharingan? I wouldn't have a guy train his whole life to kill me if i didn't want something out of it.
Tenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-29, 00:58   Link #20
Tsukuyomi
Crazed Obsessive Otaku

this brings you to...

is Sasuke ever gonna kill Itachi?
is Naruto ever gonna become Hokage?
is Kakashi ever gonna take off his mask?
is Ino ever gonna get over Sasuke?
is Hinata ever gonna get with Naruto?
is Neji ever gonna lose that curse seal?
----is Gai ever gonna change out of that explicit outfit? >>;
Tsukuyomi is offline   Reply With Quote