Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-28, 04:00   Link #901
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
I agree with you I also can't stand Inuyasha it is such a repetitive show and I also don't see the appeal of the show.
Inuyasha mostly just appealed to people that were already big fans of Rumiko Takahashi. If you like her work, you like Inuyasha. Especially since so many voice actors are reused in her shows.
Old 2007-12-28, 13:03   Link #902
Keahi19

lol. Lain is what got my little brother into anime. He was 12 and actually understood it. That scared me.

Well I am a Takahashi fan as in I liked the little Lum I saw and I am a huge Ranma 1/2 fan. But Inuyasha never really caught my attention.

I mean I don't hate it, but it's like "eh... I'll watch it if I am in the mood." I think it's like DBZ, a good way to get someone into anime, but something you eventually leave behind.
Old 2007-12-28, 14:29   Link #903
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcruz1014 View Post
I know quite a few people liked it, but Lamune really got on my nerves. It didn't really have a plot at all, and to those who suggested it to me, being "kawaii" doesn't always make an anime a quality show.
At the point where you're looking for "plot" in Akahori's usual nonsense wacky anime, you're already on the wrong foot there.

That's like looking for homosexual yaoi fanservice while watching Anpan-man.
Old 2007-12-28, 14:39   Link #904
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

I Second Dragon ball Z & Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun
Old 2007-12-28, 15:45   Link #905
GreatTeacherKen

From I''s (the 2002 OVA) for me. I don't think it's complete garbage because I did like the character designs, but I pretty much disliked everything else. Music was kind of flat and dull and I couldn't get a feel for the characters' personalities, which I was at least able to do with the 2005 OVA. The flashbacks were also incredibly repetitive, and for an OVA there are lots of panning shots.
Old 2007-12-28, 19:27   Link #906
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXEs View Post
Goshūshō-sama Ninomiya-kun. That anime was an utter piece of sh!t. The characters, oh-so-generic (well endowed moeblob, typical "chivalric", not-so-good with females lead, tsundere-ish girl), the art was ok at best, but the story was...what the fuck? There's the faintest outline of a plot, marred with fillers and pointless episodes. This anime deserves to burn in hell.
I am sorry, but the characters were not generic. While they all were based on common archetypes, they also had more heart put in to them, all going beyond being simply the archetype they are based upon. The lead was actually of the better sort, the moe-blob was well aware of her surroundings even if she doesn't look like it at first glance, and the tsundere was more likable than the general sort that just knows how to scream at the male and get violent ala Louise.

The plot was actually almost ever-present, even if very subtly and almost all episodes (barring one or two) advanced the characters or plot in some direction, even if not glaringly obvious. You just need to pay more attention to it. For something that looked to be a mindless fanservice comedy at first glance (which isn't bad in itself in any way either), it proved to be more and actually have a heart behind it, if you put in the effort to look past the surface that screams "mindless fanservice!". There was mindless fanservice as well, but there is more to that, provided one bothers to look for it.
Old 2007-12-28, 20:04   Link #907
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Calling ninomiya kun shit...what the heck?

Sure it wasnt rocket science but as far as fanservice "working as intended" type series goes, this series had the viewer using more brains than any other of the same genre. Sure hope you guys won't be watching girls bravo or your brains might explode >.>

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-12-29, 00:51   Link #908
Hanbok
nahmoo

Gundam Seed/Destiny
Da Crapo
Old 2007-12-29, 01:53   Link #909
Satomi87
Banned

School Days...

Utterly trainwreck of 2007!
Old 2007-12-29, 11:03   Link #910
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

I Never Consider That Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun Is Shit ...
I Enjoy it Intel Ep 5.....Then I Don't Like It After That...Good Anime But Bad idea ....
Old 2007-12-30, 00:56   Link #911
kucigaromeo
Hell Kitty
*Fansubber

- Dragon Ball series, if it's only 1 or 2 cour it would be a great show, but how many episode wasted on utterly crap fights with all nonsense talk. Of course ervery other anime walking the path of dragon ball deserved to be thrown away out of the window.
- Cosprayer, the anime about producing cosprayer (I forgot the title but even Noto Mamiko couldn't save the show) and every other show with piles of garbage fanservice
- Excel Saga, I forgot what this is about but the word 'excel saga' is firmly etched on my mind as crappy garbage, and I think there was other anime trying to imitate this.
- Sister Princess, they even try to repure the show.
- Da Crapo and most eroge adaptation. Key works are great but must others are da crapo.
- Crayon Shinchan, it's not even funny not to mention horrible artwork.
- Evangelion episode 25-26, forget these episodes ever exist go straight to end of evangelion after epidode 24.

my anidb list: http://anidb.net/u224323
Hidamari Sketch, Arts of Innocence
Old 2007-12-30, 01:08   Link #912
Hanbok
nahmoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kucigaromeo View Post
- Dragon Ball series, if it's only 1 or 2 cour it would be a great show, but how many episode wasted on utterly crap fights with all nonsense talk. Of course ervery other anime walking the path of dragon ball deserved to be thrown away out of the window.
- Cosprayer, the anime about producing cosprayer (I forgot the title but even Noto Mamiko couldn't save the show) and every other show with piles of garbage fanservice
- Excel Saga, I forgot what this is about but the word 'excel saga' is firmly etched on my mind as crappy garbage, and I think there was other anime trying to imitate this.
- Sister Princess, they even try to repure the show.
- Da Crapo and most eroge adaptation. Key works are great but must others are da crapo.
- Crayon Shinchan, it's not even funny not to mention horrible artwork.
- Evangelion episode 25-26, forget these episodes ever exist go straight to end of evangelion after epidode 24.
I'd have to agree with you on the Evangelion bit. It is a fantastic anime, but towards the end I was kind of lost and couldn't find myself.

I don't know... I always like the Dragon Ball series, but the fight scenes were indeed dragged on too much. I remember it took Goku forever to get the Spirit Bomb ready for FREEEZIAAA, lol.
Old 2007-12-30, 03:27   Link #913
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanbok View Post
I don't know... I always like the Dragon Ball series, but the fight scenes were indeed dragged on too much. I remember it took Goku forever to get the Spirit Bomb ready for FREEEZIAAA, lol.
Well, that part of DBZ is ok for me.
The longer staring games are the episodes of Trunks vs. Cell. - about 10 minutes used just for staring. zZzZz...

@kucigaromeo

Crayon Shinchan has got to be one of the worst animation style I've ever seen.
I wonder how a show like that is so popular among japanese.
Old 2007-12-30, 15:01   Link #914
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kucigaromeo View Post
If you are a true fan of the series you should watch those after the movie. It makes those episodes a lot clearer and you can see many correlations between them. I treat those as a supplement to the movie.
Old 2007-12-30, 16:01   Link #915
3:16
Excellence Of Execution

Send a message via MSN to 3:16
Gundam Seed...That one really sucks
And of course,the well-appreciated and known animes is France,like Naruto,Fullmetal Alchemist,Death Note...Those ones just don't deserve to be called "animes"...
Old 2007-12-30, 16:06   Link #916
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3:16 View Post
Gundam Seed...That one really sucks
And of course,the well-appreciated and known animes is France,like Naruto,Fullmetal Alchemist,Death Note...Those ones just don't deserve to be called "animes"...
That Your personal opinion....But I Think This animes The Very Best Animes...
Old 2007-12-30, 16:12   Link #917
The-Duke
Duke of Surprises

Naruto - This falls under the category of "I wanna be the best -insert title- and I'm going to spend 200+ episodes doing it!"... It might not be so bad if it didn't become 80% filler, or maybe if the fans weren't so annoyingly rabid.

Kamichu - It was like watching a TV series trying to be a Miyazaki film... it just did not work for me.

Virus Buster Serge - As much as I love this one, it is pretty much trash. The plot line goes in circles and its filled with cyber-babble and sexy snapshots, not to mention the theme was done by Dragon Ash >_>
Old 2007-12-30, 16:25   Link #918
3:16
Excellence Of Execution

Send a message via MSN to 3:16
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
That Your personal opinion....But I Think This animes The Very Best Animes...
That's for sure.Like a lot of people who(i don't know about you) think those ones are references to talk about when a discussion comes to manga and japanimation.But they've become so famous that the authors were kind of forced to make it longer and longer.That's why I don't like those series:too long,and often too repetitive...
Old 2007-12-30, 17:29   Link #919
Oppius
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satomi87 View Post
School Days...

Utterly trainwreck of 2007!
I disagree that School Days is the trainwreck of 2007. Actually SD is not run-of-the-mill romance anime. In fact it was a romance anime that generally aimed towards male audiences rather than traditional female ones. Although I admit I dislike its ending.

I want to put Moetan in my list in this topic. It wasn't THAT horrible. I was fooled by its "candy-coated sweetness".
Old 2007-12-30, 19:51   Link #920
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amex_Yohko View Post
I disagree that School Days is the trainwreck of 2007. Actually SD is not run-of-the-mill romance anime. In fact it was a romance anime that generally aimed towards male audiences rather than traditional female ones. Although I admit I dislike its ending.
Eva-hate and Ninomiya I can at least tolerate, but this...Can you name one romance this season that is geared toward female audiences?? You're free to disagree about School Days, but at least come up with a good reason.