Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-03-22, 20:59   Link #1
brightman
Ancient Member

MS IGLOO 2 Discussion Thread

From Gunota:

MS IGLOO 2 announced, MS IGLOO for Blu-Ray

This month's Hobby Japan announces MS IGLOO 2: Gravity Of The Battlefront. The setting of the story will be on Earth and from the point of view of the Earth Federation Forces. The format is given as three 30-minute episodes in high definition. The 3D CGI will be of a higher quality than that seen in the previous production. The staff is largely the same though the mecha designers behind the Design Works are given as: Yutaka Izubuchi, Kimitoshi Yamane, Takuhito Kusanagi, Shinji Aramaki and Fumihiro Katagai. The super high-detail designs will appear in the U.C. Hardgraph line and be used as is in the animation. The official site, http://www.msigloo2.net, will open on the 25th.

The previous installments of MS IGLOO will also hit Blu-Ray: August 22 for The Hidden One Year War and September 26 for Apocalypse 0079. Additionally, The Hidden One Year War, having been previously available in Japan only in limited DVD release, will finally be available there on a standard DVD release on June 25.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must be placed inside spoiler tags.
  • Discuss your expectations of the next OVA episode if it has not been released yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
Note that the spoiler rules are relaxed a little because of the nature of OVA releases, but information about future episodes must be inside spoiler tags.
  • Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any untagged spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting untagged spoilers may result in a ban.
Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.

-4Tran

Last edited by 4Tran; 2008-10-28 at 00:04. Reason: Merged older posts into new thread.
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-25, 13:02   Link #2
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
From Gunota:

MS IGLOO 2 announced, MS IGLOO for Blu-Ray

This month's Hobby Japan announces MS IGLOO 2: Gravity Of The Battlefront. The setting of the story will be on Earth and from the point of view of the Earth Federation Forces. The format is given as three 30-minute episodes in high definition. The 3D CGI will be of a higher quality than that seen in the previous production. The staff is largely the same though the mecha designers behind the Design Works are given as: Yutaka Izubuchi, Kimitoshi Yamane, Takuhito Kusanagi, Shinji Aramaki and Fumihiro Katagai. The super high-detail designs will appear in the U.C. Hardgraph line and be used as is in the animation. The official site, http://www.msigloo2.net, will open on the 25th.

The previous installments of MS IGLOO will also hit Blu-Ray: August 22 for The Hidden One Year War and September 26 for Apocalypse 0079. Additionally, The Hidden One Year War, having been previously available in Japan only in limited DVD release, will finally be available there on a standard DVD release on June 25.

yea and adding onto brightman's info - article from animenewsnetwork

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...nime-announced

Sunrise's Mobile Suit Gundam MS IGLOO 2: Jūryoku Sensen (Gravity's Warfront) 3D computer-graphics anime series has been officially announced through a newly launched website. The project is a sequel to the Mobile Suit Gundam MS IGLOO: The Hidden One Year War film series and Mobile Suit Gundam MS IGLOO: Apocalypse 0079 video series, which in turn are spinoffs from the Mobile Suit Gundam robot war anime classic. Whereas the earlier MS IGLOO projects present the perspective of the Zeon forces (the antagonists of the One-Year War of the First Gundam series), the new MS IGLOO 2 project will present ground combat from the opposing Earth Federation side. The anime will be a collaborative project with the people behind Bandai's U.C. Hard Graph lineup of military vehicle models.

Takashi Imanishi (Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory, Gundam Evolve, Armored Trooper Votoms videos) will return after having directed all the previous MS IGLOO installments. Scriptwriter Asahide Ookuma, CG supervisor Masayoshi Obata (Dinosaur King, The Wings of Rean), supervisor Yutaka Izubuchi (RahXephon, Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket, Patlabor), and unit director Masayoshi Obata will also retake their respective posts. Returning mechanical designers Kimitoshi Yamane (Escaflowne, Cowboy Bebop, Gundam: The 08th MS Team), Shinji Aramaki (Mospeada, Appleseed, Megazone 23), and Izubuchi will work with the new designers Takuhito Kusanagi (Blue Submarine No. 6, Samurai 7) and Fumihiro Katagai.

Bandai Visual USA has released the previous MS IGLOO series in North America.
Ja-Y-Ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-26, 03:26   Link #3
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I was kind of hoping for a time jump to the 0087 and Zeta era, but since Japan really seems to love their One Year War era sidestories I guess this is what I should have expected. Still we'll see what the Earth Federation was doing during the ground war a little more than we did with the White Base and it's adventures in Zeonic Airspace. It'll be like having Rise From The Ashes animated, but only not really.

Plus if even half of the stuff they built turns out to be as crazy the Jotunheim teams contributions to the war then we might have something interesting on our hands. Seriously, who didn't think My Tank Is Fight with regard to the first series. The thing is that the Germans actually did build some really crazy weapons during WWII that would have only served one purpose had they actually been fully deployed. The whole series just further drew the whole Zeon/Nazi parrallel out for thos who didn't already see it. If people still didn't see it then just look at the character Jean-Luc Duvall and tell me he doesn't look like the stereotypical Aryan soldier type image that Nazi Germany loved to depict in propaganda. The character was even used in much the same way in Zeon Proganda in episode 3 of The Hidden One Year War.

Anyway, I'm curious to see what the feddies had in mind. I have a feeling we will probably get something relating to the Saberfish in the first episode, a tank in the second and probably an early prototype for the Gundam or Ground Gundam that is tied to Project V to cap off the series with.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 17:33   Link #4
brightman
Ancient Member

I wonder if this means even more Gundams for the One Year War... I had remember them saying that they'll try to stop introducing more of them...

Though judging from the UC Hardgraph website, does "ground combat" in the sypnosis = infantry & vehicular combat? The model line looks like its for vehicles and such, so if its a collaboration with the line then it'll definitely feature vehicles, right...? Plus its either that, or a repeat of 08th MS Team with Gundam Ground Types and GM Ground Units (and I don't see anything about weapons testing in the synopsis), and I highly doubt the latter.

So a show about infantry combat in a UC backdrop might actually be pretty unique and interesting. Even more interesting might be a series about this "Anti-MS Squad" which is apparently infantry versus MS's...
Old 2008-03-28, 08:58   Link #5
ZiouX
I'm a Native American...

Location: Within the limitless wasteland of inner America (Colorado)
I would love more Gundam shows, OAVs and whatnot for the One Year War/UC era.

IMO, it's probably the best Gundam era as it was the base for everything else to take from and use as a template for more later on.

G Gundam used all the Zeon mobile suit designs for their mobile suits that guarded the various colonies that fought in the contest.

Gundam Wing has the UC era to thank for the various design elements within the show as far as the mechanical aspect goes. As well as just having a template to work in for the Gundam design.

Hell, even Seed is just a repackaged version of the classic show but with modern elements from the various shows before it along with an art overhaul.

Anyways, enough with my comparison , Let's talk MS Igloo.

[QUOTE=Kaioshin_Sama]Plus if even half of the stuff they built turns out to be as crazy the Jotunheim teams contributions to the war then we might have something interesting on our hands. Seriously, who didn't think My Tank Is Fight with regard to the first series. The thing is that the Germans actually did build some really crazy weapons during WWII that would have only served one purpose had they actually been fully deployed. [QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing about that book. And yeah, I agree the Germans did and especially near the end of the war. I love how they had that paralell going on between Zeon and their Engineering program and Germans and their Messerschmitte program. They were even doing the same as most of the time it didn't even matter if whatever the Germans sent to battle worked, just so it delayed the allies a little longer each battle.

[QUOTE=Kaioshin]The whole series just further drew the whole Zeon/Nazi parrallel out for thos who didn't already see it. If people still didn't see it then just look at the character Jean-Luc Duvall and tell me he doesn't look like the stereotypical Aryan soldier type image that Nazi Germany loved to depict in propaganda. The character was even used in much the same way in Zeon Proganda in episode 3 of The Hidden One Year War. [Quote]

I know what you mean. I've known people who never even thought about Zeon looking like the Nazis when its just sometimes beyond obvious. I mean really, the Heil Zeon chant plus Gihren's speeches and the whole military garb the Zeon officers had on? Come on, it just screams Nazism. Plus, you see the comparison made at the end by Gihren's father, its beyond obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin
Anyway, I'm curious to see what the feddies had in mind. I have a feeling we will probably get something relating to the Saberfish in the first episode, a tank in the second and probably an early prototype for the Gundam or Ground Gundam that is tied to Project V to cap off the series with.
Really? I was thinking it would be more than that to tell you the truth.

My own predictions are along the lines of this;

Episode One

- The Federation Forces have to try and take on(or Survive) the rapidly descending Earth Attack Forces that are pouring from Space in the opening months of the war that are led by Garma Zabi and other miscellaneous officers.

Of course, this leads to an overwhelming defeat of many Federation land forces everywhere leading Zeon to overwhelm and momentarily occupy many of the continents on the Earth.

(If they don't use any of this, I would be really surprised I mean really from the Feddie stand point, all that happened during the opening months of the war was the landing of the Earth Attack Forces by the Zeonic forces and a wide spread attack led by Garma.)

Episode Two

- The events leading up to Operation Odessa are explored.

Or

- The Battle of Odessa occurs.

Episode Three

- The final mop up of Zeonic forces is seen in a raw fashion as mass produced GMs of all types and experimental ground based Gundam units are seen battling Goufs, Doms and Zaku units of all types all of which, probably being piloted by ace pilots or just ones ready to die, are buying time for their fellow pilots and commanding offciers and such to escape via HLV rockets and rocket based aircraft.

Or

- The Battle of Odessa is played out in detail with Zaku Units, Doms and Goufs seen fighting GMs, Tanks, and the Big Trays across the arid Odessa Landscape.(Much like the insane 3D battle of A Baoa Qu, god, I still love that battle at the end of Igloo 1.)

It'll probably have at least one of these type of scenarios going on if this new Igloo will indeed be about ground combat from the Federation Perspective.

And I'm thinking they'll probably take a look at the battles and events through the eyes of a young pilot of some kind of ground vehicle be it a ground GM or Gundam or hell even a tank. Hell, they might even just take it all third person and let us watch all the action like during the battle of the A Baoa Qu.
ZiouX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 01:33   Link #6
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Waha, the MS Igloo 2 PV has been released and I'm possibly the only one who cares. I wrote a little spot on it (That's actually what the link is to) as well as how to access the High Definition version for people who might be interested (are there any?) in seeing it in decent quality instead of Otaku-Cam. It's really shaping up quite nice from the looks of the overall CG quality.
Old 2008-05-28, 18:17   Link #7
Icehawk

The new preview for MS Igloo 2 is awsome, sucks for the Earth Federation that they had to use such poorly designed tanks and equipment in the beginning of the war, but it'll be interesting to see the new improvised stuff they used to fight Zeon before they got their own mobile suits. That big launcher shown at the end of the preview looks like it would pack a pretty good punch, hopefully the feddies were smart and it uses wire guided munitions, no need to worry about Minovsky interference that way.

I can't wait for this October, New 00 and new Igloo both in the same month.
Icehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 09:36   Link #8
Icehawk

The Blu Ray for the first ep of MS Igloo 2 have apparently been released in Japan as of Oct 24th. I hope somebody is subbing this.
Old 2008-10-27, 23:58   Link #9
4Tran

MS IGLOO 2 Discussion Thread

This thread is for discussing the news and content of the MS IGLOO 2 OVA.
More details about this show can be found at the official website: http://www.msigloo2.net.
Old 2008-10-28, 05:13   Link #10
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

I put up a summary & thoughts for what is sure to be criminally underlooked U.C OVA in the face of the juggernaut that is Gundam 00. Have a look if your interested. Anyone?
Old 2008-10-28, 05:32   Link #11
Blaat

I'm interested, I was hoping for some GM love when I first heard about it, but then the cold harsh reality kicks in and I realised nobody wants to see some GMs kicking arse except for me.
Anyway the OVA looks interesting, haven't read your blog entry (I do wish to remain spoiler free) but I did take a quick look at some the screenshots, which looks good. Of course which 'CGI animation' I find the movement more important then how pretty it looks.

Hopefully a fansub group will pick this up.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 05:51   Link #12
astranagun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I'm interested, I was hoping for some GM love when I first heard about it, but then the cold harsh reality kicks in and I realised nobody wants to see some GMs kicking arse except for me.
Anyway the OVA looks interesting, haven't read your blog entry (I do wish to remain spoiler free) but I did take a quick look at some the screenshots, which looks good. Of course which 'CGI animation' I find the movement more important then how pretty it looks.

Hopefully a fansub group will pick this up.
Sadly no GM.
astranagun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 06:13   Link #13
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by astranagun View Post
Sadly no GM.
What no GM in MS IGLOO 2?? Anyway I haven't watch MS IGLOO before so what are strongest MS in that show?
RAVNEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 06:14   Link #14
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I put up a summary & thoughts for what is sure to be criminally underlooked U.C OVA in the face of the juggernaut that is Gundam 00. Have a look if your interested. Anyone?
I had a quick look at your post because i'll be watching it myself pretty soon, though i do like what i'm seeing.

It is a huge shame that this will be very underlooked, though i still hope those people who're loving Gundam 00 will take their time out and accept this --- and give it a watch.
Old 2008-10-28, 06:26   Link #15
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVNEN View Post
What no GM in MS IGLOO 2?? Anyway I haven't watch MS IGLOO before so what are strongest MS in that show?
Zaku.

Geez, why would anyone care about strongest suit in MS Igloo anyway? It's not the main thing in this show, isn't it?

Quote:
First time I see this many images in one of your blog. I can feel your passionate with this show .
Still downloading this, but based on your review, seems like it's one outstanding one.

Last edited by Duo Maxwell; 2008-10-28 at 06:45.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 06:37   Link #16
RAVNEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Zaku.

Geez, why would anyone care about strongest suit in MS Igloo anyway? It's not the main thing in this show, isn't it?
Sorry bout that,it just my curiosity.Sometime curiosity gave me a nice slap at my face & also responsible for my gundam lust.
Old 2008-10-28, 13:05   Link #17
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVNEN View Post
The MS-06 Zaku II so far. Also there's no GM because there isn't even a Gundam invented yet. Hell there's no Type 61 Tank for the Federation yet. It's still April U.C 0079 and the Gundam won't even see it's first deployment for another 5 or so months.
Old 2008-10-28, 13:16   Link #18
Icehawk

Quote:
The MS-06 Zaku II so far. Also there's no GM because there isn't even a Gundam invented yet. Hell there's no Type 61 Tank for the Federation yet. It's still April U.C 0079 and the Gundam won't even see it's first deployment for another 5 or so months.
Could've sworn we saw Zaku's ripping through Type 61's in the opening of this first episode and in the previews. I always thought that the Type 61's had already been around before the war and were upgraded as the war went along untill they were able to get their own GM forces deployed.
Old 2008-10-28, 13:40   Link #19
RAVNEN

Quote:
Judging from your review,I love the way Earth soldier run from Zaku.It kinda make me watching History Channel Battle 360 show.I need to watch the show look great & I'm fall for some Zaku action.
Old 2008-10-28, 13:44   Link #20
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icehawk View Post
Could've sworn we saw Zaku's ripping through Type 61's in the opening of this first episode and in the previews. I always thought that the Type 61's had already been around before the war and were upgraded as the war went along untill they were able to get their own GM forces deployed.
Oh yeah, what am I talking about. I guess I got confused by the part after the ending where they were making such a huge deal out of it like it was the next big war machine. They still don't have Mobile Suits yet though which is the bigger problem they are faced with. Strictly speaking the MS-06 Zaku II is pretty much the most successful mobile suit ever because of how much damage it's able to do the Federation in this period. Had Project V not come into play they would have been toast.