AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-05, 05:34   Link #41
zzhk
Summary Machine

Previous:
Chapters 15-36
Chapters 37-54

Manga summaries continued here:

Volume 10
Spoiler for Chapter 55:

Spoiler for Chapter 56:

Spoiler for Chapter 57:

Spoiler for Chapter 58:

Spoiler for Chapter 59:

Spoiler for Chapter 60:

Volume 11
Spoiler for Chapter 61:

Spoiler for Chapter 62:

Spoiler for Chapter 63:

Spoiler for Chapter 64:

Spoiler for Chapter 65:

Last edited by zzhk; 2012-07-24 at 22:58. Reason: Update Chapter 65.
Old 2011-09-08, 00:44   Link #42
black_cat1

My conclusion after ep 10 is they will end the 1st season with the battle in vol 7. And they will wait until vol 12 come out to have enough materials for 2nd season.
Old 2011-09-08, 23:10   Link #43
zzhk
Summary Machine

I don't know, with the way things are going, the story could conceivably wrap up within a year and conclude with Volume 11.

That might not leave enough material for a 2nd season without oddly placed fillers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodearth View Post
I noticed that the Chapter 1 title page has Utao with a bunch of Kakashi in the shadowy background. Do you think the author has most, if not all, of the Kakashi designs locked down before the start of the series?
Probably, since the kakashi were all named early on and they are supposed to be inspired by traditional Japanese legends.
After all, the dolls are central to the story and gives it the title.

Quote:
Spoiler for THE Hibino scene:
Spoiler:

The anime has been gearing up and breezing through the manga material in order to reach a certain point.
For those interested, here's a comparison of removed/modified scenes.
Spoiler for Anime Episode 10:

It also looks like we won't be getting the scene when Hibino asks Kyouhei about the kakashi and he introduces all their names.

Last edited by zzhk; 2012-05-01 at 09:02. Reason: moved post to make space for summaries
Old 2011-09-09, 13:00   Link #44
klare

resisting to click the many spoilers here since the anime not yet finished

i guess will pick up this manga as well
Old 2011-09-10, 11:42   Link #45
woodearth
Ramen Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
The anime has been gearing up and breezing through the manga material in order to reach a certain point.
For those interested, here's a comparison of removed/modified scenes.
Spoiler for Anime Episode 10:

It also looks like we won't be getting the scene when Hibino asks Kyouhei about the kakashi and he introduces all their names.
For the most part I agree with cuts and reordering of scenes and events the anime has done so far. I felt that volumes 4 and 5 contained quite a bit of filler material.

I wish the beach scene was cut to properly introduce the Diet member subplot. But I guess there must always be an anime Beach scene. I think that the fact that the Kakashi can be used for good is already established by Utao saving Hibino from the truck.

Spoiler for Response to the other cuts:

Which volume and page has Kyouhei introducing all the Kakashi names?

Last edited by woodearth; 2011-09-10 at 11:53.
Old 2011-09-10, 11:46   Link #46
woodearth
Ramen Hunter

Quote:
I don't know, with the way things are going, the story could conceivably wrap up within a year and conclude with Volume 11.

That might not leave enough material for a 2nd season without oddly placed fillers.
I am thinking the manga in ending in either volume 11 or 12 myself. So that's potentially for 5 more volumes to go. Should be enough for a very faithful 12 episode season. Though I think they should probably go the Black Lagoon route with the OVAs, which were numbered as if they are episodes of the tv series.
Old 2011-09-10, 21:08   Link #47
zzhk
Summary Machine

Action scenes tend to go fast when animated, though if they can put additional detail into all the kakashi action, all the better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodearth View Post
For the most part I agree with cuts and reordering of scenes and events the anime has done so far. I felt that volumes 4 and 5 contained quite a bit of filler material.

I wish the beach scene was cut to properly introduce the Diet member subplot. But I guess there must always be an anime Beach scene. I think that the fact that the Kakashi can be used for good is already established by Utao saving Hibino from the truck.

Spoiler for Response to the other cuts:
Spoiler for Anime comments/speculation:

Quote:
Which volume and page has Kyouhei introducing all the Kakashi names?
Volume 4, Chapter 24, Page 202
Spoiler for Context:

Last edited by zzhk; 2011-09-12 at 05:10. Reason: Sorry, should be Volume 4, not 3
Old 2011-09-11, 11:11   Link #48
woodearth
Ramen Hunter

Quote:
Volume 3, Chapter 24, Page 202
Thank you. I found mine in Volume 4, based on your context. One page, so easy to miss. I also agree that the anime cut some useful lines that would really add extra depth without taking up much screen time.
Old 2011-09-11, 14:40   Link #49
mark1246

Oh what a nice spoiler thank you very much, i found the web site for raw of Kamisama Dollsa and there so much to read, but here my question first (also apply to anyone who read this message ) Do you or anyone know if Kyouhei ever kisses anyone from the series? It look like it possible

Please reply and thank you
Old 2011-09-11, 17:38   Link #50
yuzen003

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
Oh what a nice spoiler thank you very much, i found the web site for raw of Kamisama Dollsa and there so much to read, but here my question first (also apply to anyone who read this message ) Do you or anyone know if Kyouhei ever kisses anyone from the series? It look like it possible

Please reply and thank you

Yes, from page 1 of this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
Spoiler for Volume 7:
Old 2011-09-11, 19:31   Link #51
mark1246

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuzen003 View Post
Yes, from page 1 of this thread
Oh thank Yuzen003, thank you so much, do you know what chapter this was from?
Old 2011-09-11, 19:54   Link #52
yuzen003

I think it's chapter 42
Old 2011-09-20, 22:29   Link #53
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Chapter 57

Spoiler for ch57:

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2011-09-20, 23:10   Link #54
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Chapter 57

Spoiler for ch57:
Just to add

Spoiler for 57:

There's no way they have enough firepower to take on Amaterasu still at the moment. Probably gonna wait till 6 vs. 1.

I hope Kyouhei gets either Mikumari or Tokotachi (temporarily maybe, and Aki gets the other one haha) before the end, though I'm curious what Kukuri's new tricks are.
Old 2011-09-21, 01:37   Link #55
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Hello, was wondering what chapter would be episode 12 of the anime?

and does anyone know if Utao gets a bigger role in the manga, like with a new doll?
Old 2011-09-21, 06:49   Link #56
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post

and does anyone know if Utao gets a bigger role in the manga, like with a new doll?
nope, Utao still has Kukuri.

Although, I wouldn't be surprised if in the future volumes, we would see some more ancient Kakashis, which would basically be similar to the Amaterasu type and that the village just reverse engineered these things.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2011-09-21, 11:47   Link #57
zzhk
Summary Machine

Spoiler for Chapter 57 Summary:

Quote:
Chapter 57

Spoiler for ch57:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Just to add

Spoiler for 57:

There's no way they have enough firepower to take on Amaterasu still at the moment. Probably gonna wait till 6 vs. 1.

I hope Kyouhei gets either Mikumari or Tokotachi (temporarily maybe, and Aki gets the other one haha) before the end, though I'm curious what Kukuri's new tricks are.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post

Episode 12 would correspond roughly to Chapters 36-39.
Utao has the same role; the anime follows the manga quite closely, especially for the major characters.
Given Utao's attachment to Kukuri, I don't think she would ever agree to switch dolls.

Quote:
nope, Utao still has Kukuri.

Although, I wouldn't be surprised if in the future volumes, we would see some more ancient Kakashis, which would basically be similar to the Amaterasu type and that the village just reverse engineered these things.
I don't even know if the village technicians are able to create new kakashi's from scratch.
The ancient inventor that created the kakashi's for the village as thanks for helping him escape political persecution only made 10.
That's the village's 8 surviving ones (until recently), plus 2 that were lost in some ancient incident (Amaterasu + Tokotachi).
So the only kakashi yet to appear is Tokotachi.
Old 2011-09-22, 12:29   Link #58
woodearth
Ramen Hunter

Quote:
That's the village's 8 surviving ones (until recently), plus 2 that were lost in some ancient incident (Amaterasu + Tokotachi).
So the only kakashi yet to appear is Tokotachi.
Sounds like Kyouhei will ultimately be the Seki for Tokotachi. Kukuri definitely fits Utao more as far as appearances go.

Spoiler for Tokotachi:

Last edited by woodearth; 2011-09-22 at 12:31. Reason: More on Tokotachi
Old 2011-09-27, 21:01   Link #59
EliteF22

There could have been an intentional miss-identification by the author. Maybe the one destroyed by Kyouhei before was Tokotachi and not Amaterasu. Amaterasu's latest form is more inline with the mythology that it was a sky goddess. The design in the flashbacks looks more like a tank which fits Tokotachi's mythology of being connected to the earth. It does seem that Amaterasu and Tokotachi are being established as the two most powerful Kakashis' with a connection between the two.
Old 2011-09-28, 11:05   Link #60
zzhk
Summary Machine

However, the Amaterasu that emerged from the cocoon looks exactly the same as the one in Kyouhei's flashback.

In-universe, Aki comments that ancient scrolls describe Amaterasu as a 4-legged kakashi notable for its self regeneration ability.
This description fits the kakashi in the flashback as well as the current Amaterasu before it evolved.

Unless Tokotachi looks the same and has similar abilities as Amaterasu, it can't be the kakashi that Kyouhei already destroyed 8 years ago.
Closed Thread