AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-24, 01:51   Link #101
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
i think we need a Macross series starring a female pilot & two male protagonists who can sing instead of something like Macross 7
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"

Last edited by Patriot's Blade; 2011-10-24 at 02:02.
Old 2011-10-24, 09:15   Link #102
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
i think we need a Macross series starring a female pilot & two male protagonists who can sing instead of something like Macross 7
Immediate reaction, ew.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2011-10-24, 10:39   Link #103
Ypocaramel

Macross Host Club.
Old 2011-10-24, 10:45   Link #104
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ypocaramel View Post
Macross Host Club.
*Strangles joo!*

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2011-10-24, 11:02   Link #105
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
No. Just no.
Old 2011-10-24, 11:37   Link #106
Irisiel

I just would like a series when a woman is the point of the triangle without her being a back-up singer/secondary character to a male singer-pilot hybrid. Basically, having a female undisputed main (view-point) character. I mean, the closest thing we got was 7 and Plus, and both of them were headed by Basara and Isamu.

So, yeah, I just want a female main. I don't care if the other points of the triangle are male or female, I just want a female view point character. Preferably one that I don't want to strangle for being useless/stupid at stupid times.
Old 2011-10-24, 11:53   Link #107
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irisiel View Post
I just would like a series when a woman is the point of the triangle without her being a back-up singer/secondary character to a male singer-pilot hybrid. Basically, having a female undisputed main (view-point) character. I mean, the closest thing we got was 7 and Plus, and both of them were headed by Basara and Isamu.

So, yeah, I just want a female main. I don't care if the other points of the triangle are male or female, I just want a female view point character. Preferably one that I don't want to strangle for being useless/stupid at stupid times.
Wasn't that the basis of Macross the Ride?

All the cool girls are pilots!

On another note, that was certainly the basis for the ancient PC-Engine game starring non-other than Komilia Maria Fallyna Jenius.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2011-10-24 at 12:17.
Old 2011-10-24, 13:05   Link #108
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

That would be nice, having a female lead.

But! I'd just like to get a nice series, anything else is a bonus
Old 2011-10-24, 13:18   Link #109
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

I'm all for a female lead, as long as the two men are HOT.

Last couple of Macross' have failed at hot men. Apparently, Alto ain't really hot, Basara was; but Shin, definitely not. Gamlin... not.

Maybe it's a preference thing, but I'd rather see more hot men in Macross like Basara; though not as simple-minded as him.
Old 2011-10-24, 13:25   Link #110
Tak

My dear, the lack of Max in your mention pains me greatly, for the blue-haired ace standarized hot for Macross men.

- Tak

Old 2011-10-24, 14:26   Link #111
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
My dear, the lack of Max in your mention pains me greatly, for the blue-haired ace standarized hot for Macross men.

- Tak
Sorry, I meant RECENT Macross': 7, Zero, Frontier. Not SDF.
Old 2011-10-24, 14:40   Link #112
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
Sorry, I meant RECENT Macross': 7, Zero, Frontier. Not SDF.
Max was in Macross 7
Old 2011-10-24, 14:43   Link #113
Tak

A small reminder my dear, Max was well present in 7 as well, and still hot. Now, Seven is almost 20 years old, so I am not sure how recent that can be. I am also not entirely sure what you see in Basara, but one thing for certain, Basara managed to turn most of us off.

I think I speak for most people when I say there were moments I wish he'd just shut up.

- Tak

Old 2011-10-24, 17:06   Link #114
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Moments? I wished he had lost his voice!
Old 2011-10-24, 17:14   Link #115
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
Moments? I wished he had lost his voice!
The part where he was in a coma proved to be my favorite segment in the show.

- Tak

Old 2011-10-24, 17:27   Link #116
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
The part where he was in a coma proved to be my favorite segment in the show.

- Tak
Gamlin, imo, deserved to call the shots (despite what I may think of his hairstyle).
Old 2011-10-24, 17:42   Link #117
Tak

Quote:
Gamlin, imo, deserved to call the shots (despite what I may think of his hairstyle).
Yeah, Macross 7 supposedly pitted UN SPACY against the most powerful enemy humanity had ever faced, but what we got was a clusterfuck of epic proportions.

The Protodevlin were galaxy-killing beasts, who managed to decimate several galaxies before arriving at the Milky Way, where after a pyrrhic victory achieved by Protoculture, were eventually locked into some sort of subspace prison.

These guys, whose human avatars can decimate planets by just being angry, or entire star system with wave of a hand, were eventually defeated by a jerk whose greatest feat was singing against a typhoon in his childhood...

Yeah... screw you, HORYFROATINGHEAD.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2011-10-24 at 18:02.
Old 2011-10-24, 17:47   Link #118
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
That would be awesome. But, I'd settle for two hot female pilots and one male singer as well. Basically, I want hot female pilots as the mains. The singer could be cookie monster for all I care in the face of the awesome of a Sheryl-like ace pilot.

Also, I pretend Macross 7 never existed. If I have to wait 25 years again for another awesome Macross after Frontier, I will be sad.
Also, cake.
Old 2011-10-24, 17:49   Link #119
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Damn you, space hippie! -Gamlin

I still think that the Zentradi make the best enemies of any show. It's a wish that in the 30th anniversary project, we get to see that again, especially that certain fleet you (Tak) keep talking about.

But it's unlikely..
Old 2011-10-24, 17:57   Link #120
Tak

Quote:
I still think that the Zentradi make the best enemies of any show. It's a wish that in the 30th anniversary project, we get to see that again, especially that certain fleet you (Tak) keep talking about.

But it's unlikely..
Well, there is no certain fleet, there are however, two species of Zentradis and more than 2,000 fleets to choose from...

Zentradi fleets are like a box of chocolate, you never know which one you are going to get...

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
That would be awesome. But, I'd settle for two hot female pilots and one male singer as well. Basically, I want hot female pilots as the mains. The singer could be cookie monster for all I care in the face of the awesome of a Sheryl-like ace pilot.
I never advocated the Tenchi solution to Frontier, but here is to that possibility in the next installment for shits n' giggles. Cheers.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2011-10-24 at 18:16.
Closed Thread