AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2012-04-10, 07:28   Link #501
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
Since i wanted to continue the story, could you tell me from which manga's chapter i should start? How much of the manga does the anime adaption cover? Does the anime differ so much from the manga, or it's a very loyal adaption with no characters/stuff missing? Thank you
Yumekui Merry anime is different enough from the manga. So, I suggest you read (or skim, if you’re not patient enough) from the beginning of the manga. Just to give you a glimpse of how different the anime compared to the manga, these characters in the anime don't exist in the manga: Mystletainn, Ryouta Iijima, Chizuru Kawanami, Lestion, and Parade. The manga itself is still on-going.

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2012-04-10 at 07:45.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 11:31   Link #502
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Finished watching Zero no Tsukaima f, and it didn't disappoint me at all; just near the end i felt it was a little rushed, but it was everything enough fine. It was funny as always and the romance was more and more satisfying, and it had a definitive and totally satisfying ending, surely one of my favorite titles (surely my favorite of its genre); afterall, this was one of the very first animes i approached, just after Haruhi Suzumiya no Yutsu and Toradora, and even tho i was rather unexperienced at the time, it really left me a good impression and i continued loving this series. From an objective point of view it isn't even that impressive or special, but i found it definitely interesting and it really left me satisfied, so i don't care if it won't be named as the best anime ever, it was still one of the best for me. I craved so much for this season to be released, that in the meanwhile i rewatched the previous seasons 2-3 times. I just couldn't get enough and now i'm sated, finally. This was the only romance that didn't give me any frustration:
Spoiler for spoilers about all the seasons:

As far as Yumekui Merry goes, i think i'll pick up the manga then, since the characters kinda appealed me, but i have to ask if there is any romance in the manga, or if it is like the anime adaption(that didn't have any romance, if not some slight hint and not even that)?

For tonight, i'll think i'll watch Rec and Denpa Teki, since they are short. Tomorrow i have uni, and when i get back(on friday) it'll be the turn of Ano Natsu de Matteru.
Classified Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 11:35   Link #503
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
As far as Yumekui Merry goes, i think i'll pick up the manga then, since the characters kinda appealed me, but i have to ask if there is any romance in the manga, or if it is like the anime adaption(that didn't have any romance, if not some slight hint and not even that)?.
The manga have a little more romance compared to the anime, and it was slightly explained.

Anyways, it seems you haven't checking Touka Gettan yet : the 2007 24-episode supernatural romantic drama is set in a world when magic and legend are key factors. Touka, the short-haired boy, has to protect his legendary clan. He and Momoka (a mysterious girl) have their relationship that is full of chain of legends and the dark past. There's lot of romance and some action in it.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 14:04   Link #504
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Quote:
The manga have a little more romance compared to the anime, and it was slightly explained
If the anime had 0.1/10 romance, and the manga has a little more romance than the anime, then that would mean that the manga has 0.125/10 or something, am i right? I won't bother then, how sad

Btw, i really missed Zero no Tsukaima cast: now going for Rec and eventually for Denpa Teki.
Old 2012-04-10, 14:05   Link #505
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
If the anime had 0.1/10 romance, and the manga has a little more romance than the anime, then that would mean that the manga has 0.125/10 or something, am i right? I won't bother then, how sad
Since I haven't/read watched this one, I'm not sure how the romance will turn out. Check out yourself.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-04-10, 16:03   Link #506
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Finished watching Rec and it was an enjoyable watch; the protagonist reminded me a bit of Sato of Welcome to the NHK (since he was unlucky and kinda depressed) and i liked him, and Aka was cute. The only thing that i didn't really understand was the first episode:
Spoiler for 1st ep:

Anyways, it was relaxing, slice of life romance and i enjoyed it. I expected a bit more on the animation/graphic/artwork department (wasn't it too much brightened or i got a shit version of it?)

I have some time left for Denpa Teki
Old 2012-04-10, 16:41   Link #507
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

I came across two titles that people have compared to gosick one is more modern while the other is the same time period as gosick.

Kamisama no Memochou

Dantalian no Shoka
Old 2012-04-10, 17:50   Link #508
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Finished watching Denpa Teki, and i gotta say it was rather dark and a bit depressing: it portrayed dramas of the level of School Days, but at least the protagonist wasn't the asshole in there and that was good. Ame was a little crazy and scared me a bit in the beginning, but she turned to be cute. PS: Ayase looks like Yuno in mad mode, really (mom's corpse at home anyone?). Anyways, i can say i overall appreciated this title, but it's one of those animes that should have been made into a movie(not animated i mean, just like monster)

Kamisama no Memochou surely reminds me of Gosick, and i'm very appealed by this title(I saw the "main" girl and she's cute) but i have some question: does it contain romance? It hasn't to be a mainly romance story, i'm fine even with the amount of romance Gosick had, just let me know if there is some(at least the same amount of Gosick; less would mean kinda nothing): DO NOT SPOIL ANYTHING ABOUT THE CHARACTERS OR ANYTHING ELSE, BE VAGUE.

Dantalian no Shoka would be an interesting choice aswell, but the question remains the same: does it have some romance?

Oh well, see you friday

EDIT (Off topic)
Oh, i just remembered that when i first watched Haruhi Suzumiya no Yutsu it was summer, beach time, and the Lone Island episode caught my mood in a obscene(good meaning) way; add to this that i felt a bit depressed because i missed school days, and there you got everything in the pot to make me fall in love with an anime and its characters.

Probably, if i had watched it in another period, such as now, i would have liked it way less and i wouldn't have been impressed much. I'm happy it was the first series i ever really approached (The girl who leapt through time was only a movie, Haruhi was the first series i ever seriously watched), and there won't be anything moving that title from my list. Also, it's the only anime of which i remember all the characters' names (I currently don't even remember some of S;G characters names, yet i do for Haruhi series). I really must have been impressed at the time and still am OOOOOOOOOOOO i can't do anything but rise my vote of this anime to infinite

Last edited by Classified Info; 2012-04-10 at 18:19.
Old 2012-04-10, 18:15   Link #509
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:

Dantalian no Shoka would be an interesting choice aswell, but the question remains the same: does it have some romance?

I am not sure if the relationship between Hugh and Dalian is what one would consider as romance. They do share a deep bond, and Dalian seems to have some feelings for Hugh, though I am not entirely sure if the same could be said for Hugh. It's only 12 episodes anyway, so give it a try?

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 20:43   Link #510
Elegance

I'll recommend Valkyria Chronicles, it does contain romance.
Elegance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 02:22   Link #511
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elegance View Post
I'll recommend Valkyria Chronicles, it does contain romance.
This one also has military stuff, but no mecha content.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-04-11, 07:18   Link #512
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
The only thing that i didn't really understand was the first episode:
Spoiler for 1st ep:
Spoiler:
I'm glad you liked this show. I think REC is an underappreciated little gem.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 08:55   Link #513
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I think REC is an underappreciated little gem.
Wow, really? Color me surprised. You know, almost all anime magazines in my country have previews and reviews of REC back in the day. Not every anime get that honor, mind you. I guess the anime fans here knew that the show was special. I’m kinda sad if it’s true that the show is under-appreciated in other places/countries.
Old 2012-04-11, 11:17   Link #514
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Ayu's site shows a total of 9,694 completed downloads of REC as of this morning. A well-known private tracker that I can't link to here shows another 4,980 downloads. That's better than the 1,324 downloads on that site of Yomigaeru Sora: Rescue Wings from the same season as REC (Winter, 2006), but nowhere close to the nearly 35,000 downloads of Ergo Proxy, also from Winter, 2006.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 12:05   Link #515
maxblaze

try GUILTY CROWN I already watched lots of anime and this is one of the very few anime that gives impression on me. im not saying that this anime was superb or excellent or on the level of CG, DN etc etc( actually it has lots of potential i don't know what happened) but theres something special on it . BESIDES MECCHA ELEMENT WAS NOT REALLY EMPHASIZE HERE . give this anime a chance just try ep1 then after that its up to you wether you drop it or not.. just try ONE EPISODE maybe 20 minutes is not a big deal .
maxblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 12:19   Link #516
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxblaze View Post
try GUILTY CROWN I already watched lots of anime and this is one of the very few anime that gives impression on me. im not saying that this anime was superb or excellent or on the level of CG, DN etc etc( actually it has lots of potential i don't know what happened) but theres something special on it . BESIDES MECCHA ELEMENT WAS NOT REALLY EMPHASIZE HERE . give this anime a chance just try ep1 then after that its up to you wether you drop it or not.. just try ONE EPISODE maybe 20 minutes is not a big deal .
This is a good job, maxblaze. The mecha element isn't important and it does not look like Power Rangers in it. As Obelisk said, the romance is more emphasized than Code Geass (an anime when Classified stopped watching after episode 5 of season 1) and despite this, Classified won't like it because it sets in the future (2039) when the crystallized virus attacks most of Japan. But the anime has definitively an happy ending in it.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-04-12, 15:37   Link #517
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

I found an ecchi title that might interest classified it's called koe de oshigoto.even though the protaganist is a female it kinda reminds me like kiss x sis where they try to show everything but they don't. there are hints that there could be romance maybe in the manga version.

there's a manga I want classified to also try but I don"t think he will take it seriously if he reads the title or synopsis. When you start reading this you will notice that the main protaganist is very similar to light(deathnote) but is the exact opposite of him so you will see him deal similar issues as those in welcome to nhk. whoever read this this manga or whoever has time to read and finish it to convince him to try it out but DON'T SPOIL ANYTHING
I just want him to look past the title and synopsis

here it is
http://myanimelist.net/manga/8967/Onani_Master_Kurosawa
Old 2012-04-12, 19:25   Link #518
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolido17 View Post
there's a manga I want classified to also try but I don"t think he will take it seriously if he reads the title or synopsis. When you start reading this you will notice that the main protaganist is very similar to light(deathnote) but is the exact opposite of him so you will see him deal similar issues as those in welcome to nhk. whoever read this this manga or whoever has time to read and finish it to convince him to try it out but DON'T SPOIL ANYTHING

here it is
Onani Master Kurosawa suggested by tolido is an example of a very good coming-of-age manga. The main character got a superb character development especially after he received such a big blow to his life. I think this manga leaves a very deep impression to its readers. Just ask anyone who already read it (from beginning to end, of course). Even though the romance is not the main focus of it, it’s still very much prevalent and become a driving force of the story. The manga is pretty short and you can’t really compare it to any other manga out there as it is quite different story-wise (and maybe art-wise too). Just read the manga and bear the “bumpy road” and “thorny bushes” and you’ll reach a nice destination .
Old 2012-04-13, 08:54   Link #519
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

I just got back, but i had access to my pc even wednesday and watched Ano Natsu de Matteru: i of course liked it very much, because the plot was... the same of Onegai Teacher, with the only difference that the alien girl wasn't a teacher but a student (and that would go for the best). The one who made these shows probably even had a glasses fetish, but i didn't mind it. However, despite the surely better graphic, the amount of ecchiness, the love messed polygons, Onegai teacher gave me more emotions. Be careful, there was nothing at fault in Ano Natsu, but i just didn't get attached to the characters like i did in OT and therefore i wasn't given much feeling, even tho what was going on was very similar. I'd rate it 9.6, it was a very good watch. (Btw, it could also be that it wasn't the first time i was presented with such plot, and i kinda predicted how it would have gone near the end
Spoiler for ending:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolido17 View Post
I found an ecchi title that might interest classified it's called koe de oshigoto.even though the protaganist is a female it kinda reminds me like kiss x sis where they try to show everything but they don't. there are hints that there could be romance maybe in the manga version.

here it is
Lolmao, i read the synopsis of Onani_Master_Kurosawa and i chuckled after the first phrase. I really do expect something like Welcome to the NHK: i will try it for sure, haha, probably i'll even start it tonight or tomorrow at the worst.

I'll also get koe de oshigoto, but it looks like it's still airing: do you know when it'll finish airing or if it's like Kiss x Sis (airing since long, but an episode every decade), how many episodes have been released?

Thank you for your suggestions, i'm really interested in the manga, just because i expect a good amount of laughs (I'm kinda complicate when it comes to humor: i'm a bit cynical and you need to pick up determinate themes to make me chuckle, and most of the time this theme is sex; however, i didn't like the humor in Seitokai Yukindaimo, where there were only girls talking about their mestruo and other silly things. Example, in Welcome to the NHK
Spoiler for middle series episode:

EDIT
I've already started reading Onani_Master_Kurosawa, and i'm already liking it; don't get me wrong, but i like this kind of character and ye, he reminds me a lot of Light: always planning, cautious, considering other beings inferior and such haha, and i forgot to say a thing: i tend to use much dirty language in everyday's life, so when he says/thinks "I don't give a damn, they are fucking annoying, etc", it just amplifies my enjoyment haha.

Last edited by Classified Info; 2012-04-13 at 10:19.
Old 2012-04-13, 11:15   Link #520
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

Thanks obelisk for that detailed explanation. Glad you are liking the manga classified it’s one few out there that once you start reading it you just can’t stop and before you know it’s all over. Koe de oshigoto is only 2 episodes long but the manga is still ongoing. once you watch the anime you would think it’s hentai but it’s not and some scenes do remind you something that the creator of kiss x sis would think of. Here are 2 other mangas I want you to try you probably heard this one before it’s called GTO or great teacher onizuka it’s a classic. You also have to try the manga for the new anime Nazo no kanojo x. both will not disappoint I will suggest more later.

P.S what requirements do you have for your 2.5 list?