AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-26, 01:14   Link #121
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Hi guys.

You know what after i've watched all FMA shows plus video games since 2006,

But now wow, talked about this is kinda REBOOT or somethin to me.
Old 2009-03-01, 00:54   Link #122
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
to be clear, this is a remake, whats under speculation is whether or not bones is remaking from episode one, or from when the original fma series diverged from the manga plot. I believe the diversion occured before ed got to central to take his alchemist test. I'm thinking their gonna do an entire remake from the what we've scene from the trailers because it looks like the character models are different, and it would be confusing to new fans of the show if they didn't.
Yeah, and they left out of some other little filler things as well. The Homonculi themselves are also big differences. For instance, in the anime Sloth was the reincarnation of Ed and Al's mom, whereas in the manga...
Spoiler for Sloth:

Also, Lin and the rest of the Chinese-esque warriors aren't in the anime, and Lin is essential to the Homonculi part of the plot.
Spoiler for Manga spoiler for Lin:

Another difference: Pride and Wrath
Spoiler for Pride:

Spoiler for Wrath:

One more difference I can think of: Hohenheim
Spoiler for Hohenheim:

There are a ton of differences, which makes it nearly impossible to reconcile both storylines. Meaning that you have to do a remake in order for anything to make sense.
Old 2009-03-01, 05:20   Link #123
Nosauz

I mean personally I found bones adpatation really good, even compared to the manga, I think its because of the monthly release format for the manga which made it hard to just solely focus on the manga since its once a month instead of typical shounen releases which are once a week. I'm looking forward to this, since roy plays a much bigger role in the manga, hohenheim is a beast, and the hommunculus, ho ho ho, thats gonna be some pretty kick ass action packed episodes, and looking back at what bones has done so far, since the manga is the pretty much the script, and the animation is top notch as always for bones, this is gonna be pretty much a slam dunk series that nobody should miss.
Old 2009-03-02, 14:26   Link #124
StoneCloud

When's the reboot gonna air? I'm curious to know when its gonna start and who will sub it if anyone
Old 2009-03-02, 19:24   Link #125
AceD
See You En' Tee

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneCloud View Post
When's the reboot gonna air? I'm curious to know when its gonna start and who will sub it if anyone
April 5th i think, am gonna guess thats a week after soul eater ends
Old 2009-03-03, 14:50   Link #126
kasumicc

It's hard to say if BONES will remake everything from the beginning or not, we can just wait and see. But, trust me, the manga fans will kill BONES if they don't do everything xD (and there are a lot of them!)

About the people who has only seen the anime, most of them argue that they'll get bored watching everything again from the beginning. But there are enough little differences with the manga version, and besides, the manga's timeline is different from the first anime's timeline.
So, I think there should be enough reason to take this new anime as a worthy experience. If remakes were not interesting, the new Evangelion movies wouldn't have so much success xD
Old 2009-03-04, 16:04   Link #127
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasumicc View Post
It's hard to say if BONES will remake everything from the beginning or not, we can just wait and see. But, trust me, the manga fans will kill BONES if they don't do everything xD (and there are a lot of them!)

About the people who has only seen the anime, most of them argue that they'll get bored watching everything again from the beginning. But there are enough little differences with the manga version, and besides, the manga's timeline is different from the first anime's timeline.
So, I think there should be enough reason to take this new anime as a worthy experience. If remakes were not interesting, the new Evangelion movies wouldn't have so much success xD
Well, if they're going to bother remaking the series, they SHOULD do everything they possibly can, because if they don't what the hell is the point of doing a remake?

I think this is a great opportunity, for both the anime industry AND the fans. Everyone wins if they do this right.
Old 2009-03-04, 22:09   Link #128
GreenLama
Banned

After doing some research and finding out that the new FMA series is going to be a re-hash/re-imaging to mirror the manga a little more than the original did, I was upset. I was upset because I love the original series so far (I'm only on like episode 25 or so) and I was hoping the new series was going to be a continuation of the original, but the more and more I think about it I am starting to look foward to the new FMA reguardless. Is the series still supposed to debut in April, and if so is there any new merchendise planned to coincide with the new show?
Old 2009-03-04, 22:15   Link #129
Nosauz

well once you see shambala, the movie its pretty difinitive in how bones intial adaptation ends in a fairly closed book style. Plus at episode 25, most the stuff you have seen isn't going to change, there are some details that are shifted around, but not until most of the central stuff, FMA is pretty good. I'm looking forward to it, as i follow the manga, merchandise really proablaby will depend on how well dvd sales go, mebbe initally we'll get characters songs and what not, but I doubt it will be like the american card game and what not. It's your typical 4 cour show so expect it to be as such. I dunno my opinion is to be open with everything but not everybody can live by that and thats truly a shame, accept the old, the new and the future, no point in fighting it.
Old 2009-03-05, 04:17   Link #130
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLama View Post
After doing some research and finding out that the new FMA series is going to be a re-hash/re-imaging to mirror the manga a little more than the original did, I was upset. I was upset because I love the original series so far (I'm only on like episode 25 or so) and I was hoping the new series was going to be a continuation of the original, but the more and more I think about it I am starting to look foward to the new FMA reguardless. Is the series still supposed to debut in April, and if so is there any new merchendise planned to coincide with the new show?
Have you even READ the manga? There is no "continuation" to the original anime, anyway. The movie Conqueror of Shaballa was the conclusion to the anime series, no ifs, ands or buts.

This is a remake closely following the manga, which in my opinion has a better storyline and doesn't have things like the annoying Rose angst. Dante also doesn't exist, which is nice. If you want more differences, look at my post earlier.

I hope the budget is high enough, because it gonna have to be to do justice to a second series, not to mention a second series is a just as big an investment to the watchers as it is the makers.
Old 2009-03-05, 04:31   Link #131
Charred Knight

Considering how much hype bones, and Square Enix are doing it for it I think that its got a high enough budget.
Old 2009-03-05, 09:56   Link #132
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Considering how much hype bones, and Square Enix are doing it for it I think that its got a high enough budget.
Yeah, I figure that as well, but no sense taking chances.
Old 2009-03-06, 13:43   Link #133
Vicious108

The seiyuu cast has been revealed, plenty of changes:

Romi Paku as Edward Elric
Rie Kugimiya as Alphonse Elric
Megumi Takamoto as Winry Rockbell
Shinichiro Miki as Roy Mustang
Fumiko Orikasa as Riza Hawkeye
Kenji Utsumi as Alex Louis Armstrong
Keiji Fujiwara as Maes Hughes
Yuji Ueda as Jean Havoc
Kenji Hamada as Vato Falman
Kaori Nazuka as Maria Ross
Hidekatsu Shibata as King Bradley
Kenta Miyake as Scar
Kikuko Inoue as Lust
Tetsu Shiratori as Gluttony
Minami Takayama as Envy
Hiroyuki Yoshino as Kimblee
Kouichi Yamadera as Isaac

Source:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-cast-revealed

I really don't like some of the changes tbqh. >_> No more Yamaguchi as Envy in particular makes me a sad panda.
Old 2009-03-07, 22:02   Link #134
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Ok, basically, they kept Edward and Al, Hughes, Armstrong and the Fuhrer. But, TF?!!

1) Kimblee is now Jean Havoc. Kain Fuery is Gluttony. SMART.
2) NUNNALLY as Maria Ross. Lord, I'm going to faint. Maria is supposed to be boyish! I don't know about you guys, but Saiga Mitsuki vs. Nazuka Kaori for boyish girl roles: no contest.
3) Halle is now Kimblee, and Lockon is Mustang. SMART again. Now, the Hughes-Mustang friendship is voiced by Ali and Lockon.
4) Riza sounding like Rukia: I don't know to laugh or to cry.
5) Chao from Negima as Winry: Ok, I give you that.
6) Ane-san as Lust: A lot of Guilty Gear memories
7) Conan as Envy: Hmmm....
Old 2009-03-07, 22:46   Link #135
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I just read "Kikuko Inoue as Lust" and died a little inside. With joy.

Having only ever seen the dub the original would have been totally new to me anyway, so I'm thinking this'll be great regardless.
Old 2009-03-07, 22:56   Link #136
Nosauz

Sorry but the biggest news is Hughes is still the same!!! What what!! Love it, he's my favorite character in the whole damn series, and at the time I had watched FMA, I had not come to terms with my feelings, so during his funeral my tears where conflicted. But now I understand that feeling, I was GAR for Hughes, and now when I think about I would not want it any other way.
Old 2009-03-07, 23:00   Link #137
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I approve of Fujiwara returning. But, boy, am I going to snigger whenever Hughes and Mustang share the screen.
Old 2009-03-08, 06:19   Link #138
_gallo_

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U70kMDYHlts

[... the secret of the Great Stories is that they have no secrets. The Great Stories are the ones you have heard and want to hear again. The ones you can enter anywhere and inhabit comfortably. They don't deceive you with thrills and trick endings. They don't surprise you with the unforeseen.. They are as familiar as the house you live in. Or the smell of your lover's skin. You know how they end yet you listen as though you don't. In the way that you know that one day you will die, you live as though you won't. In the Great Stories you know who lives, who dies, who finds love, who doesn't. And yet you want to know again. That is their mystery and their magic. ...] Arundhati Roy
Old 2009-03-08, 06:24   Link #139
Nosauz

wow that track was pretty pimping, also winry is hawt. good stuff. Oh thats what i forgot, more winry this time around yes!
Old 2009-03-08, 08:27   Link #140
duckroll
綺羅星★!

In HD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX1lAY-zbN0&fmt=22
Closed Thread