AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2009-03-28, 02:58   Link #321
Kafriel
Senior Guest

It's a good idea, Luffy doesn't care much about treasure so he wouldn't notice any "slight changes" in the mountains of gold stacked in sunny, and it's so like Buggy to get nothing
But how would she carry all the treasure, it was Perona's minions who carried the rest of it on the ship.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-28, 13:57   Link #322
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
It's a good idea, Luffy doesn't care much about treasure so he wouldn't notice any "slight changes" in the mountains of gold stacked in sunny, and it's so like Buggy to get nothing
But how would she carry all the treasure, it was Perona's minions who carried the rest of it on the ship.
That's true, but perhaps Perona and the rest of the Thriller Bark crew found Captain John's treasure first which would probably explain how Dr. Hogback came across Captain John's corpse for Moria to put a shadow in.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-28, 14:14   Link #323
AceD
See You En' Tee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29pav View Post
when does anybody think that dragon & his boys are gonna hit town i hope u get to see him fight one of the admirals if he shows up
Spoiler for manga:
AceD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 14:10   Link #324
Kylaran
A Priori Impossibility

Is there any crew member that Luffy will need in the future?

For some reason I doubt he's going to want such a small crew to be a real pirate. I've always felt like that pirate dream of being a pirate requires a larger crew than what he has now.

Spoiler for manga:

(I'm mainly considering this from a post-Thriller Bark view, focused on the events in the manga. I'm not too sure if manga theories/questions are welcome in this thread, so I'm trying to be careful. XD)

Last edited by Kylaran; 2009-03-30 at 18:02.
Kylaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 17:44   Link #325
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylaran View Post
Is there any crew member that Luffy will need in the future?

For some reason I doubt he's going to want such a small crew to be a real pirate. I've always felt like that pirate dream of being a pirate requires a larger crew than what he has now.
My friend and I tossed around the idea of Luffy getting someone from Fishman Island whenever they get around to actually going there...
Really, a merman is just about the only missing element of the crew: someone to save the Ability users who fall overboard.

Speaking in terms of Shounen, the main crew probably won't get much bigger than this, maybe another three people at most? You can't have the main cast get too full in a situation like this, realize that unlike Naruto's "Rookie 9," anyone who joins the Strawhats are bound for a lot of screen time and having too many characters around at once is somewhat cumbersome for the viewers.

Besides, you said it yourself right?
Quote:
Well, I guess they don't need man power (ridiculously powerful crew is ridiculously powerful haha).
Sums it up about right.

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"We were all meant to shine as children do.

"It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 08:45   Link #326
DeathZKID
...symmetry is over-rated

A merman would make the crew solid as they are lacking someone who is an exceptionally powerfu swimmer, and with four fruit users someone like a merman would be a saving grace.
DeathZKID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 15:48   Link #327
kimholm

In that case a Mermaid.
The crew is a sausagefest.
kimholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 15:54   Link #328
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimholm View Post
In that case a Mermaid.
The crew is a sausagefest.
Be great if they got that one chick that Hachi was trying to swoon in his cover-arc a while back, the octopus-fish-girl. Just because it would be really random...

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"We were all meant to shine as children do.

"It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 15:08   Link #329
AceD
See You En' Tee

that crew has everything ''job wise'' really...story wise, what they lack is (going by the theory that there 2 members left to recruit ), a Marine and Shichibukai

id like to see Smoker and Hancock personally.
AceD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 15:21   Link #330
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

I think that Brook will learn some new (and demonic) abilities in the Namakura story

Think about it, he's already dead and would be therefore unharmed by making deals with a demon and could even be considered a demon himself
( W)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
yaluckyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 10:32   Link #331
Ryuuchi
Totally not that guy

I have a lil theory about Luffy’s mother I’d like to share…not sure if this was already brought up but meh…

Ok we know nothing about Luffy’s mother correct? We know most of his family, Dragon, Garp, Ace…he at least know their names and what they look like but nothing about his mother other then the fact that she’s named Portgas.

On chapter 440 we are brought back to Luffy’s home town when they receive news of the new bounties. The mayor…who apparently doesn’t like this news, mentions that all three generations of Luffy’s family are screwed up, which I agree… anyways here is the page:

Spoiler for Chapter 440, Page 3:

From what we can see he mentions a Dadan on the bottom right panel, but there is no previous mention of this Dadan or is there one afterwards. Some rumor has it that he actually meant Dragon but the translators made a mistake and placed Dadan, this was dismissed and it is actually Dadan that is mentioned.

Who is Dadan? My guess is as good as yours, she could be Luffy’s mother, Luffy’s grandmother hell even Luffy’s sister, or it could even be a guy with nor relation, but from the way he said it at that time it implies that Dadan is someone important to Luffy or at least the other way around.

My bet is still on the mother thing, also implying that Luffy’s mother is alive and well and that she once lived with them as the mayor knows her.

Opinions?
Old 2009-04-09, 10:55   Link #332
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
I doubt that Dadan is even a woman. How a mother wouldn't know that her family is screw up.

For some reason I think that Luffy's (and Ace's) mother is dead, and it might be a reason why Dragon left them. He didn't want to be reminded of their mother, and he wanted to focus on his dream/goal.
Old 2009-04-09, 21:16   Link #333
Xacual

I think I saw a translation of that chapter where it said Dragon instead of Dadan. Of course I can't read the original text so I have no idea whether or not that is true at all.

I agree with the thought that their Mother might be dead and it probably involved the World Government, maybe the reason for his revolution as it were.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 21:34   Link #334
Ryuuchi
Totally not that guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I think I saw a translation of that chapter where it said Dragon instead of Dadan. Of course I can't read the original text so I have no idea whether or not that is true at all.
That has been proven to be a bad translation and the autor actually wrote Dadan.

Well the recent chapter also made me think, even more then before, that she is dead.

Spoiler for Manga:

But still that Dadan thing is pretty fishy, why would the Mayor ask if Dadan knew about Luffy's bounty? Doesn't make much sense unless he/she was someone close to him and lived in the island once before...still betting either mother or grandmother.
Old 2009-04-09, 21:45   Link #335
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuuchi View Post
That has been proven to be a bad translation and the autor actually wrote Dadan.
Ahh alright thanks for that then, though now it makes me join in the wondering of who Dadan is

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 12:50   Link #336
The_Three_Kings

Some possible positions open to the crew would be a quartermaster or helmsman. Maybe even a treasurer but Nami kindve already fills that position. Or maybe a scout or a look-out.
The_Three_Kings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 02:54   Link #337
29pav

future crew member

while nami is in wetherpiea learning to harness the elements she will run into wiper & he will take her back to luffy then join or Shiryuu he seems pretty powerful & would want to be even with the world government or someone from imerpial down or a merman or a dancing girl that would be awesome or a female from the island of hancock they are my guesses
29pav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 07:36   Link #338
d' airscapez
stranded in new york

Could Smoker be the Vegeta of the story/SH crew?, my apologies If this has been mentioned ;P
d' airscapez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 16:21   Link #339
Rainbowman

Say, what are the chances of Emporio Ivankov and/or Inazuma joining the Strawhat crew after Ace is saved wether in the current arc or the next arc? Ivankov's powers could prove useful and the fact that he used to work for Monkey D. Dragon. Inazuma looks rather unique in style and I hope he/she is born under the sign of Gemini.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 02:00   Link #340
29pav

if somebody has alreay said this dont read but what about a dwarf blacksmith everybody knows that dwarfs are the best smithies going around 7 if zoro breaks his fav sword he could fix it rather than get a new one or pay money

Last edited by 29pav; 2009-04-22 at 02:01. Reason: not finished
29pav is offline   Reply With Quote