AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-03-24, 23:58   Link #1021
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

^^but because of the major plot he is able to have all of this. the Gundam was a bit too much but, it's OG, you just accept it and move on. Benkai was looking like the reverse coke bottle image. why did that stupid Gundam have to take her leg. my lovely Benkai can even deflect Exia or is it 00 now.

if you want to read a really crazy plot read Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle. now taht is a crazy plot. it took me 3 go's to figure out what the last couple of chapters were about. that was crazy. and even then it's still complicated.

Last edited by kayote; 2009-03-25 at 18:19.
kayote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 02:33   Link #1022
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Just read 232~235, I still find air gear superior to most manga, the story's running at a good pace and we finally get to see trident's real worth!
About the "nonsensical plot" : the only things that irk me are the fact that people would kill for their teams and they're taking the whole thing way too seriously, and the use of extreme devices (like gigantic robots and some of the regalia). Other than that, Air gear is a good mix of action, drama and comedy (the latter's not much in the latest chapters but it can't be helped).
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 11:40   Link #1023
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Chapter 236 :

Yochitsune is a badass !! Take that enemies !!! Ouch in the mouth , it hurts man ?
Kill the geek guy too !
Oh Benkei ! You are great ^^
"If you wanna destroy my city then start the macross" lol

Well , where is the militaries ?
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 12:23   Link #1024
Fran~
floating away...

I love OG's references to others animes...

The militaries... well, as you can read, in OG's world AT Riders > Military. That's why Obama appeared, it wasn't nonsense at all.
Old 2009-03-29, 15:15   Link #1025
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

how tough is Benkai. she cut's her own leg off. now it's the beam cannon vs the regelia
Old 2009-03-29, 15:55   Link #1026
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
I love OG's references to others animes...

The militaries... well, as you can read, in OG's world AT Riders > Military. That's why Obama appeared, it wasn't nonsense at all.
Lol yeah i forgot him .
Well , the militaries are shit here , i remember that Sora and the others killed a general in a boat , a thing like that .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 16:37   Link #1027
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Wow. That's was some great action in 237. And Nike is a pussy :O Always coming just to finish the job, when everyone is barely standing :sick:

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 16:27   Link #1028
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Chapter 236: yay for hardcore leg cutting,now I really wonder what these guys are planning, how is burning an entire city gonna help them win a racing tournament?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 18:07   Link #1029
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Chapter 236: yay for hardcore leg cutting,now I really wonder what these guys are planning, how is burning an entire city gonna help them win a racing tournament?
Genesis wants to destroy any kind of opposition... Trident, despite the "loyalty" to them, it is quite an independent team who gathers an entire region of Japan. From the very beginning, Yoshi is comfortable with Ikki and his ideals, that's the reason why he entrusted the rumble regalia to him.
Old 2009-04-02, 20:15   Link #1030
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

i guess all tahts left to be said is Sayonara Yochitsune. Rest in Peace and know that somehow some way Nike and Genesis are going to get what is coming to them.
Old 2009-04-03, 04:31   Link #1031
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

It looks Like Yoshi is going to follow the path of Spitfire...tragic yet beautiful end.

Now that's how you take off a character!

Passing down his regalia and legacy to realize Koga's dreams. I dont give a crap how strong Genesis is or how intimidating that monster Nike is with his muscle and hooded angel of death get up....

One day there WILL be a double-page spread of Koga all standing together sporting the Storm, Flame, Fang AND Rumble regalias - and I guarantee you it will be one of the most epic moments of any shounen action manga ever.

Koga lead by Ikki and his trademark smirk will bring in the Storm and rock the AT world to its foundations. Just you wait Genesis - what goes around comes around!
Waking_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 07:51   Link #1032
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
One day there WILL be a double-page spread of Koga all standing together sporting the Storm, Flame, Fang AND Rumble regalias - and I guarantee you it will be one of the most epic moments of any shounen action manga ever.

Koga lead by Ikki and his trademark smirk will bring in the Storm and rock the AT world to its foundations. Just you wait Genesis - what goes around comes around!
that would mean that sleeping forest lose to Genesis.

i still think that Koga could end up batteling against SF. then batteling Genesis who are trying to ambush them or something like that. because Ikki has to battle against Sora one way or another.
Old 2009-04-03, 09:05   Link #1033
Julao

I just wish that ongiri has one also so that the orginal 5 members of kogarasumaru has their own regalia.
Julao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 12:17   Link #1034
Fran~
floating away...

If you read OG's pattern at "tournament arcs", you can see that it's highly possible that GST doesn't end with "a winner". In TJTG, the martial arts tournament never ended, the plot goes between the tournament.

Air Gear is following that path, SF will face Genesis, don't forget that, if SF loses the match, the path to the sky regalia will be free... and the tournament is over, because the only barrier to get the sky regalia is basically Ringo and her ability to fight at the bottom of the tower at her fullest, she is the last barrier.
Old 2009-04-03, 14:54   Link #1035
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Im wondering how a modified Rumble regalia will look on Bucha.
Old 2009-04-06, 14:00   Link #1036
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Just saw RAWS for 238

Spoiler for 238:
Old 2009-04-06, 15:06   Link #1037
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I have a strange feeling if Ikki takes the memory stick from Yoshitsune's AT and plugs it to another or same laptop as Spitfire.

Another training exercise. Like maybe Yoshitsune program trains/tease Ikki/Bucha/etc.

And this has been bothering me for awhile. They don't show Spitfire or Yoshitsune dead, kinda makes it hard to believe they are dead. And how Aeon Clock escaped death is another mystery.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 17:42   Link #1038
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Spoiler for 238:

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 22:31   Link #1039
Eurys
Crush me. ~Ringo

Spoiler for chapter 238:

Last edited by Eurys; 2009-04-07 at 04:23.
Eurys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 09:28   Link #1040
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Chapter's out.

And oh man, I completely forgot that old anime where the trio of girls were dressed in leotards....

Tags
action, shounen, tournament