AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-11, 14:51   Link #61
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

It'll be interesting to see if we get new Shouji Meguro material along with the game's soundtrack.
Old 2011-04-11, 14:52   Link #62
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelic Cross View Post
Or they could be cruel and go with the "Friends Only" run. I will laugh hard at all the disappointed shippers if they do it.
Nah, you'd just get more fanfiction of alternate realities where the MC is dating one of the girls
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 14:52   Link #63
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Oh cool, a Persona 4 anime
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Director : Seiji Kishi ( Angel Beats! Seto no Hayanome )
Which I'm afraid I'll have to pass.

Yeah, I don't really expect much here.
Old 2011-04-11, 14:58   Link #64
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

What wrong with the director?
We all know what real problem that AB! has right?
Old 2011-04-11, 15:03   Link #65
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

I'm not familiar with the content but looks interesting. I do i have to watch Trinity Soul to understand this?
Old 2011-04-11, 15:06   Link #66
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
I'm not familiar with the content but looks interesting. I do i have to watch Trinity Soul to understand this?
Each Persona game has a different story - so no, P3:TS is not necessary to understand P4A.

Grab yourself Persona 4 (the game) though (if you have a PS2) - it's well worth it.
Old 2011-04-11, 15:07   Link #67
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Yeah, I don't really expect much here.
I thought everyone loved Seto no Hayanome. Guess I was wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
Pacing and being a horrible derivative product in the first place.

It was doomed from the get-go, I don't really think it can count as anyone's fault.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 15:09   Link #68
SidVicious
Anime addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Go play the PS2 game.
Old 2011-04-11, 15:15   Link #69
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post

It was doomed from the get-go, I don't really think it can count as anyone's fault.
Yep, its clear as hell is a script fault, very messy stuff there. Me too not expect much from this but I don't get why people became skeptic because the director involved in AB!.
Old 2011-04-11, 15:17   Link #70
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Quote:

Even if you ignore Angel Beats! (which I wouldn't, because it's about the most ambitious show Kishi has ever worked on and that says something), other works such as Ragnarok (horrendous) and Galaxy Angel Rune (fans claiming it has destroyed a whole franchise) aren't exactly filling me with hope.

To his defense, Sunred was a pretty fun series, but then again I wouldn't use it as any sort of indicative for his quality as a director, considering it's a little comedy show.

Of course, your mileage may vary, since this only my own opinion, but yeah, I can't bring myself to be excited over a Kishi directed show anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89
As everyone's said, no, no need for you to watch Trinity Soul (and if you haven't most people would tell you how much of a blessed person you are and that you should strive to remain that way!).
Old 2011-04-11, 15:18   Link #71
velocity7

Quote:
Yep, its clear as hell is a script fault, very messy stuff there. Me too not expect much from this but I don't get why people became skeptic because the director involved in AB!.
I also have the same opinion here. Why fault the director when he didn't exactly write even 90% of the script of AB?
Old 2011-04-11, 15:18   Link #72
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Quote:
I'm sure this is starting to go off topic from Persona, but I agree - though i'd say it was messy because of it being a 1-cour anime (and didn't have time to really flesh out the concepts that kept being introduced).

To be fair, I overlooked that issue and thought Angel Beats on the whole was quite good - so thus, I have faith in the director for P4A.

Besides, the source material for P4A (if it is confirmed to be an adaptation of the game) is superior in every way in comparison to AB!
Old 2011-04-11, 15:20   Link #73
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
notsureifserious.jpg
Quote:
I don't want to get into a different topic, but I don't consider Seiji Kishi a good director. I found out that many of his work had some pretty questionable direction once I paid attention to it, and I've only liked one anime he had directed and that was Tentai Senshi Sunred and that was akin to something you might find on adult swim in terms of humor.

That's not to say he's a horrible director (there are far worse) but I just consider him ... mediocre I suppose. Doesn't help that his most notable works are Angel Beats and Seto, so I can tell that there will be a high chance I wont enjoy this.
Quote:
I don't hate, and I did laugh a couple of times while watching it, but it's not something that inspires confidence
Quote:
I disagree. It falls on the director (who should've made sure the overall story held together) and in this case the writer as well, because Jun Maeda knew and understood that he was biting more than he could shew with a 13 episode anime, and yet he went through with it.

But that's about Angel Beats , not Perosna, so ...

EDIT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
other works such as Ragnarok (horrendous)
Oh yeah, he did direct Ragnarok The Animation as well, didn't he ...?

It looks like Seto and AB were his best works after all ...
Old 2011-04-11, 15:32   Link #74
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

I'm really can't fault the director when its comes to AB! we all know who that handle mostly of show. No director can do s*** if the script is very bad.
But its maybe reflecting his quality and reputation though with him accepting the job
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post

As everyone's said, no, no need for you to watch Trinity Soul (and if you haven't most people would tell you how much of a blessed person you are and that you should strive to remain that way!).
I'd actually like P:TS, feel its capture SMT series very well (somewhat calm, soothing etc)
But I get why most people not like it, because the setting completely different, the persona is disgusting, not too mention P3 is booming hard and P:TS isn't anything like that.
Old 2011-04-11, 15:42   Link #75
tsunade666

whats bad with Seto and AB? I both enjoyed it specially seto while AB is..... well enjoying with turn your brains off function because of... I can't understand whats happening with it's pacing. But heck that series got only 1 cour. I bet the director would do better if he got at least 2 cour.

I had faith on the staff as always. I will only get angry after seeing it or hearing how long it will run. Specially when I played P4 I spent 100+ hours playing it. And knowing it will be turn into anime was awesome news. But for it to be 1 cour only .... well thats 300-400 mins. ... .. I loose all hope. 100 + hours turns into 300-400 means bad end.

Hope for the staff and hope for more than 1 cour or be better create a 4 cour but I doubt miracle will happen.
Old 2011-04-11, 15:45   Link #76
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
I'm really can't fault the director when its comes to AB! we all know who that handle mostly of show. No director can do s*** if the script is very bad.
But its maybe reflecting his quality and reputation though with him accepting the job
It has more to do with how if you remove Angel Beats, then the next best thing he's done if Seto no Hayanome, which isn't really that impressive ...

But hey, new anime, new chances right? Maybe this time he'll get something truly amazing right?

I mean it's not likely but still.
Old 2011-04-11, 15:45   Link #77
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Regarding the Director, I don't think Angel Beats! was such a terrible show. The main problem with it is that it's clearly was meant to be 2 cours instead of 1. I found it to be over all fairly fun, and if Persona managed to balance the drama and comedy as well it would be on the right track.

A more interesting question is what will and what won't be included in the Anime. As we know there's probably 30-40 hours of plot and dialogue at least in Persona 4, and some of that will probably need to be fleshed out for it to work in an Anime format. Also, with all the social links included the plot could easily feel schizophrenic (what does playing Basketball/soccer have to do with saving people around Inaba?), so I'd say they'll eliminate a lot of the Social Links, as they're superfluous to the main plot. That said they will have to keep the material from a few to have a comprehensible plot and keep the whole "power of friendship" themes going.

I'd say at a minimum we'll have all the plot relevant characters get their social links covered. I'd include in that all the main characters (Yukiko, Yousuke, Chie, Kaji etc.), Ryutaro and Nanako Dojima, and probably Naoki. The Fox might cameo as well maybe. What do you guys think of this appraisal? You think any others might get included? I suppose the rest might all cameo though (maybe there'll be a filler episode where MC tries to hold down all these bizarre part time jobs...)

Another question is how they'll portray the combat and dungeons, they'll probably focus on making them a sort of "descent into the subconcious" type deal, how shadows will figure into this is another matter. Another interesting point might be that they might switch MC to only keeping a single Persona, Izanagi. I'm not sure if this would be a good idea.

I think of all the RPGs out there Persona 4 would probably be one of the easier ones to convert to an Anime, I wonder how they'll exactly do it though.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 15:48   Link #78
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post

I had faith on the staff as always. I will only get angry after seeing it or hearing how long it will run. Specially when I played P4 I spent 100+ hours playing it. And knowing it will be turn into anime was awesome news. But for it to be 1 cour only .... well thats 300-400 mins. ... .. I loose all hope. 100 + hours turns into 300-400 means bad end.
The main story isn't that long admittedly though, 1 cour might be enough to adapt the whole storyline.
The problem is maybe its will too rushed, and they might skip the daily life and comedy part which make it disappointing.
Old 2011-04-11, 15:50   Link #79
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquigleone View Post
Regarding the Director, I don't think Angel Beats! was such a terrible show. The main problem with it is that it's clearly was meant to be 2 cours instead of 1. I found it to be over all fairly fun, and if Persona managed to balance the drama and comedy as well it would be on the right track.

A more interesting question is what will and what won't be included in the Anime. As we know there's probably 30-40 hours of plot and dialogue at least in Persona 4, and some of that will probably need to be fleshed out for it to work in an Anime format. Also, with all the social links included the plot could easily feel schizophrenic (what does playing Basketball/soccer have to do with saving people around Inaba?), so I'd say they'll eliminate a lot of the Social Links, as they're superfluous to the main plot. That said they will have to keep the material from a few to have a comprehensible plot and keep the whole "power of friendship" themes going.

I'd say at a minimum we'll have all the plot relevant characters get their social links covered. I'd include in that all the main characters (Yukiko, Yousuke, Chie, Kaji etc.), Ryutaro and Nanako Dojima, and probably Naoki. The Fox might cameo as well maybe. What do you guys think of this appraisal? You think any others might get included? I suppose the rest might all cameo though (maybe there'll be a filler episode where MC tries to hold down all these bizarre part time jobs...)

Another question is how they'll portray the combat and dungeons, they'll probably focus on making them a sort of "descent into the subconcious" type deal, how shadows will figure into this is another matter. Another interesting point might be that they might switch MC to only keeping a single Persona, Izanagi. I'm not sure if this would be a good idea.

I think of all the RPGs out there Persona 4 would probably be one of the easier ones to convert to an Anime, I wonder how they'll exactly do it though.
In regards to the bold, what else can they possibly do? Given the amount of persona in P4, it'd be extremely difficult to pick and choose which ones to use for the anime - so using one would probably be the simplest option (if the script-writers were massive slackers )

However, the MC would not be all that special anymore, what with the removal of his wildcard ability.

Quote:
The main story isn't that long admittedly though, 1 cour might be enough to adapt the whole storyline.
The problem is maybe its will too rushed, and they might skip the daily life and comedy part which make it disappointing.
An anime that solely followed the main plot wouldn't work - the daily life and comedic value of the game is what makes P4 so appealing in the first place. Ignoring that in the anime...it wouldn't make any sense.

That's why I'd say 3-cour might be a quality option for this (but thinking about it, 4-cour, as tsunade said, might actually work).
Old 2011-04-11, 15:59   Link #80
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdk1 View Post
In regards to the bold, what else can they possibly do? Given the amount of persona in P4, it'd be extremely difficult to pick and choose which ones to use for the anime - so using one would probably be the simplest option (if the script-writers were massive slackers )

However, the MC would not be all that special anymore, what with the removal of his wildcard ability.
But its means it give Izanagi more badass moment which it hardly can achieved in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdk1 View Post
An anime that solely followed the main plot wouldn't work - the daily life and comedic value of the game is what makes P4 so appealing in the first place. Ignoring that in the anime would make it less appealing as a result.
Agree, this is the most worrying part for me.

Last edited by fertygo; 2011-04-11 at 16:09.
fertygo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy