AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-08-23, 10:36   Link #401
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

What's the time length between the beginning of the story and its end? It seems like everything's happening within the span of one year.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 10:40   Link #402
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
What's the time length between the beginning of the story and its end? It seems like everything's happening within the span of one year.
I believe Hito Random started around the early Fall of their first year.
Yume Random ends somewhere not long before the end of their second year.
I'm not sure how far after that did the continuation in Step Time too place.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 14:46   Link #403
Jmac
Sharing my world thru art
*Artist

Well, I've read up to 3/4 of chapter 6 and so far I'm like the novel alot more than the anime. It's all in the details that've been left out
Old 2012-08-24, 01:05   Link #404
yu3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post

Baka-Tsuki... with only 5 chapters of Vol.1 availible... ( =___=
Oh really, but only 5 chapters of Vol 1.. Well, I'll try reading it then. Thank you very much Lantern.
Quote:
Sorry I had to take some time finish reading Step Time
They haven't really officially become couples yet. But by the end of Step Time, Shino started developing a crush on Chihiro. If I had to describe their relationship, it's kinda like a reluctant Tsundere (Chihiro) being constantly nagged by a Cute Puppy (Shino) who tends to accidentally and unconsciously tease/insult him
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
So basically... Oreki and Chitanda ?
Oh!! Thank you very much for this info. Wow, I wish they adapt this two into anime. ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
So I'm guessing the plot for the supposed last arc will be

Spoiler for last arc speculation:

I wonder how Anda will end this novel that will make the reader satisfy and happy..
yu3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 20:31   Link #405
exs120
Uruchai Uruchai Uruchai

Is there any novel info on the Inaba-Iori quarrel from episode 8? Once again, this is either an anime only scene or perhaps the novel could shed some light on their mindsets? I'm curious why Inaba was so adamant to not join with Iori, apart from her standoff behavior. Taichi related...?
exs120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 20:56   Link #406
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by exs120 View Post
Is there any novel info on the Inaba-Iori quarrel from episode 8? Once again, this is either an anime only scene or perhaps the novel could shed some light on their mindsets? I'm curious why Inaba was so adamant to not join with Iori, apart from her standoff behavior. Taichi related...?
It's in the LN. It's just Inaba being Inaba, being all scared-y of herself exploding on Iori. She isn't fully conscious of her own feelings towards Taichi yet so nothing is being implied there. It's not an important detail at this point.
Old 2012-08-25, 20:59   Link #407
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Yeah the Inaba-Iori argument was there, though in my mind I had visioned it to be alot more spiteful when I read it
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 21:03   Link #408
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Yeah the Inaba-Iori argument was there, though in my mind I had visioned it to be alot more spiteful when I read it
Eh I'm fine with the anime toning it down. The less Inaban-hate the better.
Old 2012-08-25, 21:04   Link #409
Sumeragi
Banned

Must..... Protect..... Inaban!

*Becomes all protective of Inaban*
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 21:08   Link #410
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Well. Look on the bright side. At least the slow and heavy part is over. Next up, more Heartseed trolling and some "Aho"ki action.
Old 2012-08-26, 01:36   Link #411
s07195
However,

Did you guys notice that the Taichi-Aoki argument was changed? I mean, in the novel Taichi's desire to 'save Yui' was unleashed which started the argument, but this wasn't really reflected in the anime. Taichi was clear on how most of it was of his own will, while in the novel he was more doubtful of what was actually what he said of his own volition.

And...I guess that's all I wanna say right now.

<Is that really true?>

Actually, I really don't like what's going on in the anime thread at all! I don't think that they should be focusing on GENDER STEREOTYPES for goodness sakes! I may not know the posters too well, but when I see people not enjoying the anime, I really hurt inside! Also with this kind of talk, I don't know how to join in at all. ...Eh? Ah?

Sorry, I didn't really mean what I said. Don't mind any of it...
*Runs off and locks self up in bedroom*
Just in case...
Old 2012-08-26, 01:41   Link #412
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post
Did you guys notice that the Taichi-Aoki argument was changed? I mean, in the novel Taichi's desire to 'save Yui' was unleashed which started the argument, but this wasn't really reflected in the anime. Taichi was clear on how most of it was of his own will, while in the novel he was more doubtful of what was actually what he said of his own volition.

<Is that really true?>
Actually,

In the LN, Taichi was indeed acting according to his own will. That "save Yui" you read was implied quickly right away that Taichi wasn't sure if it was an "unleash". He felt something in him, but it wasn't quite the same.

Not until he knocked off Iori did he realize that he had been acting on his own will all along, before the actual "unleash" which resulted in him injuring Iori.

Quote:
Actually, I really don't like what's going on in the anime thread at all! I don't think that they should be focusing on GENDER STEREOTYPES for goodness sakes! I may not know the posters too well, but when I see people not enjoying the anime, I really hurt inside! Also with this kind of talk, I don't know how to join in at all. ...Eh? Ah?
Why else did you think I hardly ever appear in the anime thread?
Except maybe posting a few pictures here and there ahah~
When people get serious, they "stop-having-fun".

Last edited by Lantern; 2012-08-26 at 02:00.
Old 2012-08-26, 01:53   Link #413
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Same here. I've been in this forum for 6 years already so I've learned my lesson that sometimes it's best to not get involved with certain discussions especially if you find yourself taking things too personally- Got myself banned one too many times for that crap... >.>

Let them have their say and just ignore it. Frankly I'm just glad that even with all that nonsense and over-analysis, Kokoro Connect is still widely regarded as one of the best shows this season- which is alot better than how some of my favorite series were treated.
Old 2012-08-26, 02:01   Link #414
starlol

anime thread in this forum tend to over analyze.
Old 2012-08-26, 02:05   Link #415
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlol View Post
anime thread in this forum tend to over analyze.
More like half the entire English Ani-Community/Blogosphere. Then again most of those said bloggers are same bunch we see on the various forums. I've convinced myself that it's just a simple case of cultural differences
Old 2012-08-26, 02:06   Link #416
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

It depends on which series those few individuals are attracted to.

SAO, AW, Muv-Luv, Kokoro Connect, Tari Tari... Shows that have a certain degree of depth and hipe behind them.

You're never going to find those same people hanging around Dog Days, Campione, and Nobuna
Old 2012-08-26, 02:12   Link #417
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

I found episode 8 quite boring to be honest, but it's probably because of the medium. With an anime, we have to wait one week between each episode, which means that the centre of each arc just before the rising action that leads to the climax will often have a filler feel to it. The novels, on the other hand, will always end after having resolved everything.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 02:14   Link #418
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Yea, when I recommend KC to my friends I usually offer them to marathon the arcs. Trust me I understand far too well the irritation of waiting in between...
Old 2012-08-26, 02:33   Link #419
Jmac
Sharing my world thru art
*Artist

Quote:

<Is that really true?>

Sorry, I didn't really mean what I said. Don't mind any of it...
*Runs off and locks self up in bedroom*
Just in case...
I heard ya man. That thread is dope. But I did find Aoki calling Taichi out on his bs refreshing
Old 2012-08-26, 02:37   Link #420
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Yea, when I recommend KC to my friends I usually offer them to marathon the arcs. Trust me I understand far too well the irritation of waiting in between...
Personally I wouldn't recommend that- waiting 4-5 weeks at a time to watch a show runs a high risk of them losing interest in between that time.

Tags
romance, shounen