AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-10, 09:52   Link #101
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Congrats Yukiteru, you got a future diary and a stalker companion all in one episode . Good to have someone to watch his back since he's obviously freaking out quite a bit. Someone a bit unhinged like Yuno is handy since she will just act.

Poor Yukiteru went from highs of avoiding school ambushes to the lows of having to avoid muderous ambushes . Interesting that Deus was hanging out in his imagination and decided to start up this 'game.' Very nice job painting a target on Yukiteru's back as well by naming him the early favourite.

Love that bit about the Third though. What an idiot killing himself twice .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Dang, we need another thread for manga readers to compare stuff so that we aren't tempted to spoil the non-manga readers.
Think the manga thread is good enough for that. Can bring up anything since with the manga done that thread won't be too busy anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperborealis View Post
Excellent episode.

The idea that future knowledge can be a weapon is fascinating. But--if one can change someone's future based on foreknowledge, as Deus explains, doesn't that mean Yukitere and the others are basically back in the ordinary human situation, where the future is unknown and instead what we make of it collectively?
Well I think it's a mixed answer there. There wouldn't be a point of the game if the future was iron clad and all they had to do was follow the diaries to the conclusion. In the end they are humans and are simply being given incredible tools. These are just really good tools since they provide useful information about what is coming. The future in this case isn't completely known since it can be changed, but there are limits to what different actions a person can do to avoid a certain situation.

It does make the whole thing pretty interesting though. Using their own diaries and also predicting how their opponents will respond and change their actions based on their diaries.

Quote:
I thought the brief period where Yukitere was overjoyed at knowing his future very creepy: imagine being a slave doomed to doing what is written down in your phone journal...
He was getting pretty carried away there .
Old 2011-10-10, 10:05   Link #102
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Great first episode. Will without a doubt follow this series to the end Yuno was cute and at the same time pretty damn scary as hell at the ending... Okay I take that back, she was a lot scarier than cute imo °~° It was enough to give me major goosebumps. This may actually makes the second yandere I've ever seen in my life tbh
Student no.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 10:28   Link #103
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I have no idea if the OVA could have prepared me for the adaptation, but suffice to say I felt quite underwhelmed by the first episode.
Frankly, I can't help but get extremely disappointed by the performance of Yuki and Yuno's seiyuu (particularly Yuki's, who sounds just 100% female to be blunt).

The execution had a lot left to be desired. I personally think the "creepy yandere" mood was a tad toned down, and they basically made Yuno more horny looking than obsessed (well, YMMV I guess). On the other hand the whole deal with third was kinda watered down in term of execution (the scene was the same, but the absence of camera angle, mood etc made that scene quite mundane)
But the major issue was how budget looking it was... good lord, I thought my CPU was running slow, but the actual animation was quite choppy, especially when CGI structures were shown (blatant example: when Deus summoned all the diary owners at the end of the ep).
Meanwhile, the music department was quite flat.

At least, script wise, things were intact (although they were sly enough with the early part of this ep). But in term of productions, it is really not encouraging, considering it is the first episode.
Old 2011-10-10, 10:31   Link #104
Xagzan

I tried out the first chapter back when the manga first began, but didn't follow through. This time I'll at least go through the second episode before seeing if I stick with it.

I still don't really understand how that diary works though. What was that Deus said about it telling events of around 90 days or something? Yet Yukiteru's only showed him things from the same day all the time.

Also, how did Yuno get her "Love diary" to show her Yukiteru's future?
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 10:35   Link #105
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
I tried out the first chapter back when the manga first began, but didn't follow through. This time I'll at least go through the second episode before seeing if I stick with it.

I still don't really understand how that diary works though. What was that Deus said about it telling events of around 90 days or something? Yet Yukiteru's only showed him things from the same day all the time.

Also, how did Yuno get her "Love diary" to show her Yukiteru's future?
Basically, every diary owner will be able to check the events within 90 days. Yuki didn't really bother much in checking the entries beyond the current day, so he didn't figured out it had more events stored.

As for the nature of the diary, they depend of the owner of the diary, hence why Yuki's diary is worded the same way than he did before.
This is the reason why Yuki figured out Yuno is a stalker: if the nature of her future diary is to show everything about Yuki each 10 minutes of interval, it means that she initially wrote EVERYTHING she could observe about Yuki every 10 minute before Deus started his game.

Hence the comment "she is a SUPER stalker"
Old 2011-10-10, 11:09   Link #106
hero147

Omg....Yuno was very very creepy..but also a bit cute. =D I wonder if she has any ulterior motives.
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 11:10   Link #107
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Definitely one of the shows I have been looking towards for a while now, so while the first episode was decent, it was still sad to see it being somewhat of a letdown. Mainly in terms of animation ... oh my, if this is how the first episode, which are usually notorious for being better looking than the rest of the show, looked, I dread the future.

The animation was quite minimalistic and choppy, and the characters themselves looked like colored sketches at best on some occasions, like when Yuno and Yukki arrived on the rooftop. The CGI wasn't something you'd want to write home about either.

I certainly like the premise, and the fact they don't completely censor or avoid some of the more gruesome stuff, but the visual side of things was a bit lacking to completely pull me in. That, and Yukiteru's VA ... that one grated on my ears.

That said, definitely following this for some survival game fun (Deus certainly didn't do Yukki any favors by that announcement ... everyone is after his skin now ) with yandere sprinkling on top. The only thing dampening my spirits is the low budget of the show ... I wonder if they blew it all on hiring Wakamoto for Deus
Old 2011-10-10, 11:11   Link #108
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Wakamoto as Deus FTW. Since i'm an anime-only viewer i'm assuming the first scene was the ending. Lol Yukkiteru thinking he created Deus. Yuno is awesome, that last shot of her in the end was so creepy. So sine its last man standing wonder what Yuno would do if it her and Yukki in th end. Oh well have to wait and see. Still don't understand how number 3 was able to track Yukki. Yuno said he left a trail, but didn't he only use the diary to do good on tests and avoid getting beat up.
Old 2011-10-10, 11:13   Link #109
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Dang, we need another thread for manga readers to compare stuff so that we aren't tempted to spoil the non-manga readers.
Comparing stuff can be done in the anime thread, as long as it is under the spoiler tag.
Spoiling stuff, on the other hand, has to be done elsewhere. In other words, the manga thread.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 11:15   Link #110
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

What a thrilling 1st episode and My God was Yuno creepy at the end of the episode!

Poor Yuki, the others want him dead and his current ally is a yandere stalker.

And lastly, the part where the serial killer got his diary was hilarious! lol What an idiot for killing himself twice.

PS: Wakamoto as Deus is Awesome!
Old 2011-10-10, 11:21   Link #111
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Still don't understand how number 3 was able to track Yukki. Yuno said he left a trail, but didn't he only use the diary to do good on tests and avoid getting beat up.
Well there were clues if you watch the episode that hinted who was the killer. Remember the quiz test they did and some kid complain about never learning this question in the test before?
Old 2011-10-10, 11:23   Link #112
Shadow5YA

I personally don't mind horny yandere Yuno. I also thought the introduction was better than the manga, because I felt that the anime at least foreshadowed a lot of things the manga didn't.

However, I agree that the animation quality is lacking.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 12:06   Link #113
Kakkou
Tch.

Count me in as one who found the animation sub par. There was a lot of stills and when things got moving you get stuff like Yukiteru's terrible running scene. Well, this being assread I expected far worse from them but it was average at least. Dues was the liveliest animated character in the whole episode and that's just because he's made from bad looking CG. Voice acting from the leading pair is also as bad as they were in the pilot, especially Yuno's but that's just something I'll have to get used to.

Negative remarks aside, the first episode was alright. It reminded me that I actually did really like the manga at the beginning before... yeah. The character designs and art is better than the manga too. Yuno's crazy seems to have been exaggerated more but it works. I like some of their lighting choices, they really help with atmosphere. Will be sticking around and looking forward to two of my favourite characters in the series to show up.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 12:10   Link #114
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
Oh and while we are talking about the ending, I found it supremely awesome how they did a rewind of everything in the episode in there. So fitting as the ending of a show with future diaries! The best part was that it was in grey-scale. Hell yes.

Also, that after ending bit was really fun too.
True, I thought that rewind ED was very stylish and clever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyriaL View Post
The most intriguing character, as most have said, is no doubt Yuno, any possibilities for some yandere action?
My head just exploded.

I would advise you to stay tuned!
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 12:56   Link #115
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Excellent beginning, capturing the spirit of the manga far better than I recall the OVA doing. I was not particularly impressed with the voice acting of the two main characters, but time will tell.

Yes, they may be saving money on the animation, but that never bothers me, as long as they do it in reasonable ways. And that rewind near the end was an elegant way of reusing frames.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 13:26   Link #116
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Basically, every diary owner will be able to check the events within 90 days. Yuki didn't really bother much in checking the entries beyond the current day, so he didn't figured out it had more events stored.

As for the nature of the diary, they depend of the owner of the diary, hence why Yuki's diary is worded the same way than he did before.
This is the reason why Yuki figured out Yuno is a stalker: if the nature of her future diary is to show everything about Yuki each 10 minutes of interval, it means that she initially wrote EVERYTHING she could observe about Yuki every 10 minute before Deus started his game.

Hence the comment "she is a SUPER stalker"
Ohh ok got it.

Haha, then I can't wait to see some truly yandere goodness from this girl.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 13:42   Link #117
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Yuno is creepy as fuck. I'm not sure if I would like to have a girl like her stalk me every day, especially not when she could kill you at every possibility. I guess Yuki has a good reason to be scared of her.

Yuki's voice aside (didn't really like it), this episode was certainly interesting. And I guess we've always known it: Norio Wakamoto is God.
Old 2011-10-10, 14:49   Link #118
ookamigirl

I'm having a strong deja vu from this one. I've definitely seen something like this before. Maybe some OVA in the past or something...
It's really interesting & intense. Totally got glued to the screen.
Watching it for sure!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 14:55   Link #119
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Wow ep 1 was actually rather unnerving and ... well ... creepy. A gripping story. Hmm ... this one seems a keeper!

And no ... I have not read the manga either.
Old 2011-10-10, 15:16   Link #120
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I don't like Yuki's voice though.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
psychological, shounen, yandere