AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-22, 16:10   Link #1561
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I'm guessing that a reason to not have Chiaki as the main is that there is only so much room in the universe. It can't handle a cold faced, glasses wearing, hime cut, tsundere, extremely large ham, Hanakana voiced, pirate queen. It is too much awesome for one universe to contain.
This sorta explains why Will Riker never went on to be a captain... especially after the Borg episodes.

In order to keep Chiaki more into the show, she'd have to go where Marika goes.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 18:47   Link #1562
Nerroth
NePoi!

Riker eventually became captain of another ship, the USS Titan, at the end of ST: Nemesis; he even has his own novel series, too.
Old 2012-03-22, 19:11   Link #1563
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Novels can contain such things as it takes the camera to get the entirely of the awesomeness. I imagine the Miniskirt Space Pirates Light Novels can contain more Chiaki(-chan) than the TV screen can take.

Though there was an Episode with a real Captain Riker of the USS Enterprise when they had all the parallel universe Worfs around (as oppose to some future version or fake future versions of a possible Captain Riker).
Old 2012-03-22, 20:21   Link #1564
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Riker is awesome enough to still sparkle even when overshadowed by Picard. Though I'd question the direction for Star Trek Titan was to be a comedy. Will even called it 'The Rikers' in his proposal! That never saw the light of day, but with MoP mixing comedy with scifi, then you guys bringing up Riker... THE MEMORIES.

I totally agree that Chiaki-chan is a more enjoyable captain. But this is not her novel. Instead, she should get a Railgun-type spinoff and make that explode with parfait-powered goodness. Like how her OreImo manga is far better than Kirino.
Old 2012-03-22, 20:34   Link #1565
Kyuu
=^^=

Thing is: you know that issue of Riker becoming Captain came up within Season 4 of TNG. If not, earlier. At that point, it was obvious as to why he couldn't leave the Enterprise: it'd require him to leave the TNG cast or just end up as this... side character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon
Instead, she should get a Railgun-type spinoff
Oh my goodness. A full series on Chiaki would bring about many tears of joy.
Old 2012-03-22, 22:06   Link #1566
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Riker could be a good cross between Kirk and Picard.

I can't class Chiaki well enough yet for that (she's by the book and yet hammy enough (acting wise) to be a Picard I guess. Picard liked acting, though he was't a ham as I recall. Kirk was more action)....though I think Jenny might qualify in that role. Intelligent and Commanding, yet also with obvious humor and flair (see her response to the Lighning 11 and her thoughts leading up to that response). Only her inexperiance shows when the Lightning 11 shots at her and she reacts in the "eww how 20th century" way when Chiaki tells her they are using just their eyes and telescope rangefinders. She won't make that mistake again, I think.

Riker's only real problem was his last appearance....the final episode of Enterprise. That would have been a good episode....if it was a The Next Generation episode, or if it had been a two parter sliced with the episode it is framed within (about USS Pegasus). But it was not a good Enterprise episode because it focused on Riker....not the Enterprise and her crew. If it had been done in the 1990s as a TNG episode it would have been good as it would make you wonder what Captain Archer's speech was at the founding of the United Federation of Planets, and given a good chance of people wanting to see what happened back then...and start to a prequel series. But no....it was the end...of all those series, and was not very respectful to the show's own cast when the guest stars run away with the show.....but then that sort of stands to reason....Riker's awesome took over the show. (sorry) (and for what it is worth, the Fourth Season of Enterprise was awesome...especially the Mirrow Universe episodes....but it was far too late by then).

The hope is that Marika, Chiaki, and Jenny will have a long career and perhaps a sequal series. Because there has been a serious lack of space opera style sci-fi....from any coutry, in this decade.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2012-03-22 at 22:17.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 23:19   Link #1567
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
Figures, well I don't have a cell phone so I guess I can't really use it.
You could still use it as a bookmark (for reading) or somesuch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I totally agree that Chiaki-chan is a more enjoyable captain. But this is not her novel. Instead, she should get a Railgun-type spinoff and make that explode with parfait-powered goodness. Like how her OreImo manga is far better than Kirino.
I fully support this
Old 2012-03-22, 23:48   Link #1568
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I wouldn't mind MoP being turned into a computer game. Create your own ship, crew and legacy! Interact with the cast in their quest for booty and Loli!
Old 2012-03-22, 23:58   Link #1569
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
I wouldn't mind MoP being turned into a computer game. Create your own ship, crew and legacy! Interact with the cast in their quest for booty and Loli!
Screw all that. Turn it into a dating sim!
Old 2012-03-23, 00:10   Link #1570
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

In that case, it would be Commander Dolittle doing a neat voice endorsement of her favorite cafe all over again. Not to mention Chiaki being the most romanced crew member in the game.

even better if this sim was made by pre-EA Bioware.
Old 2012-03-23, 14:56   Link #1571
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Screw all that. Turn it into a dating sim!
Why not combine the two? A Space pirate dating sim! Scour the galaxy for loot while building your harem empire. Sounds like a winner to me.

Oh, and dibs on Dark Queen Chiaki-chan.

Endless "Pure win" Soul
Old 2012-03-23, 22:35   Link #1572
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
Why not combine the two? A Space pirate dating sim! Scour the galaxy for loot while building your harem empire. Sounds like a winner to me.

Endless "Pure win" Soul
Combination sounds good
The better you are at space pirating, the more the girls like you, and thus the bigger your harem gets
Old 2012-03-23, 23:12   Link #1573
justpassingby

An interview with Satou Tatsuo by Mantan-web [Link]
Also contains some spoilerific images for tonight episode
Old 2012-03-24, 02:01   Link #1574
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Quote:
Riker is awesome enough to still sparkle even when overshadowed by Picard. Though I'd question the direction for Star Trek Titan was to be a comedy. Will even called it 'The Rikers' in his proposal! That never saw the light of day, but with MoP mixing comedy with scifi, then you guys bringing up Riker... THE MEMORIES.

Chiaki in a Railgun-type spinoff would be too awesome for this world. Although I would like to see the private adventures of Jenny and Lynn myself. I'm sure Lynn puts her skills to use in more than just the "illegal faking attendance" skill. And we'd then know for sure if Jenny also is building her own harem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post

Endless "Pure win" Soul
Oh yes. The pure win of that is so bright that I need to wear shades. Getting booty and unlocking harem achieivements. Yarrr!

Duly noted. Dibs on Jenny Dolittle

Although I wouldn't mind mahjogg mini-games as part of that dating sim. And we all know from Saki that the best mahjogg players go no-pan

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post
An interview with Satou Tatsuo by Mantan-web [Link]
Also contains some spoilerific images for tonight episode
Hmmm, I am anxious to see what a few of those images mean. At least one of them was very unexpected. Guess I'll have to wait another 9 hours to be able to see it.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 04:13   Link #1575
justpassingby

Some pictures from yesterday and today Satelight's Tokyo International Anime Fair (TAF) booth and other companies. Pictures are from twitters (Satou, Mikako, Satelight) and 2ch. There were a Q&A session and also Komatsu Mikako's mini live.

Spoiler for TAF:

Last edited by justpassingby; 2012-03-24 at 06:00.
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 04:20   Link #1576
sa547
*Author

^
Last pic is going to be outright interesting. Suddenly the universe has EXPANDED!
Old 2012-03-24, 08:35   Link #1577
gaiar31

welcome Grunhilde to marika harem > <

Last edited by gaiar31; 2012-03-24 at 09:58.
gaiar31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 10:55   Link #1578
justpassingby

Spoiler:

Bleh the episode went so fast . I might want to rewatch it later

Last edited by justpassingby; 2012-03-25 at 02:11.
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 11:25   Link #1579
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Join the Yacht Club.
Wealthy Women, Social Misfits, Space Pirates, and Loli Princesses.
Old 2012-03-24, 11:46   Link #1580
justpassingby

So I did a quick check. The one who was asking for help at the end of the novel was Gruelle, not Show. Show did appeared though. The scene reminds me of Princess Leia "Obi-wan, I need your help"
Corrected the previous post. :P

Tags
light novel adaptation, science fiction, seinen, yuri