Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-11-05, 11:25   Link #6221
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
the only ones that REALLY matter are the ones that proove you beat ICC or w.e
Personally, I prefer ones that provide you with some tangible reward, like a drake, tabard, etc.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 12:06   Link #6222
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Personally, I prefer ones that provide you with some tangible reward, like a drake, tabard, etc.
those too, but I like my Paladin mount, and as a Worgen. screw land mounts I got my Chevylegs

I only found a few tabards cool, like the Trading card ones.if it doesnt have one of these or its a tidius mission of a bunch of boring stuff and the reward isnt awesome, screw it.

If there was one that gave me a cool motorcycle, I'll go through hell and back for it that is unless i can make the money in no time now after Expansion.

Worgen+ Motorcycle > Goblin + Cartw.e XD
Old 2010-11-05, 13:48   Link #6223
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
those too, but I like my Paladin mount, and as a Worgen. screw land mounts I got my Chevylegs

I only found a few tabards cool, like the Trading card ones.if it doesnt have one of these or its a tidius mission of a bunch of boring stuff and the reward isnt awesome, screw it.

If there was one that gave me a cool motorcycle, I'll go through hell and back for it that is unless i can make the money in no time now after Expansion.

Worgen+ Motorcycle > Goblin + Cartw.e XD

Maybe they will do one day, but right now I am cool with the Worgen going all fours, besides I got a feeling that isnt going to be alot of new Goblins come out since everybody and their mother is going to the Alliance to played Worgen (I am guilt too but after my mage gets to 85).

But you know I will like to know what is going to happen between Thrall and the Horde (Garrosh da Great Fool) once he comes back and see that all hell broken loose between all of the Horde factions.
Old 2010-11-06, 02:23   Link #6224
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I still wonder about the Goblin Leader....Gallywix (from my understanding) hasn't shown up, anyplace, outside the Goblin starting zones. He's not even at his Pleasure Palace in Azshara.

Which is probably a good thing. Her Tallness (Boss Mida) shall rise to fill the void.

As for ICC10. We made another attempt tonight. The attempt was better. We even had an undergeared paladin healer that was keeping up and dispelling perfectly. Our problems seem to be Phase 2. We usually can take out one Valk'yre before the Defiles start to get us all out of place. We then just basically loose too many people over time to get the Lich King down. We've manage to get him to something like 41% but we just haven't been able to get down the defile perfectly and the adds keep dropping us...one by one, off the tower.

Our dps is good, just we've not perfected our defile positioning and our stun chain yet. We've managed to more or less get Phase One down and the transition down so that the last raging spirit dies just before the first Valk'yre comes. Even managed to get the druid to Soothe the Horrors so their engaging didn't kill the off tank.

We've been able to keep a 8k dps for most of actual dps. I tend to do highest damage done...unless I've the one thrown off the tower first (or in the last fight, grapped twice, in a row...second time...off the side, as I was a little too far back from the center due to a poor defile drop).

Last edited by Ithekro; 2010-11-06 at 02:36.
Ithekro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 06:27   Link #6225
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

If Defile is really giving you problems, then I suggest a few things:

1. Move at about 3 seconds before it will drop. Everyone in your raid should be using DBM. Whoever is dropping Defile will have a skull on them. The other 9 raid members should be nowhere near that person when it drops.

2. As for positioning during that phase, try the 1-2-3-4 clockwise rotation. Knowing where one has to go is crucial in this fight and might help with your Valks issue.

3. Get a lineup that has the stuns required to keep those Valks under wraps. And make sure people stack when Valks are coming. When it's Valks and Defile combining, you just have to work around it. And if it's not working there, then some people just don't have the instinct required to work with those mechanics and you need to cull them.

And I'm going to say this - The Lich King is tame compared to Cata raids.
Old 2010-11-06, 07:54   Link #6226
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Question, can I install this expansion set without the previous two?

I kinda... misplace the discs
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 08:18   Link #6227
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

WotLK had a full game install on the disc, Cataclysm might have the same thing.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 08:23   Link #6228
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
WotLK had a full game install on the disc, Cataclysm might have the same thing.
Ahh I see, thanks
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 10:19   Link #6229
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

@Ithekro

If i recall, you were playing a warlock, yes ? Here is a trick for dealing with the Valk's - always stand on the very edge of the platform, and put down a portal. If the Valkyr goes for you, that is the most optimal situation - she will pick you up and drop you over the edge, and you can teleport back up! Like this, the raid gains DPS uptime on LK himself (as there is no need to attack the valk which picks you up), and there is one less person in middle to mess up defile - win/win. Just remember to drop a new one if you get a defile and drop it on top of your portal, forcing you to reposition a bit - wouldn't do to teleport back up in middle of your own defile
Old 2010-11-06, 13:31   Link #6230
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

If you have an active account with the codes for the expansions in you should be able to download it off blizzard's site under your account, I think?
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 14:10   Link #6231
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
If you have an active account with the codes for the expansions in you should be able to download it off blizzard's site under your account, I think?
I don't think it'd let you frog-leap over previous expansions. Besides the fact that you'd not be able to get very far past level 60 even if it did let you (or 70 if you had TBC but not WLK), I think it has a progressive update system.

Up until 60, you'd be able to enjoy everything other than Worgen and Goblins (and I guess archeology) anyway.
Old 2010-11-06, 14:20   Link #6232
Xacual

WotLK had all the data for the previous two expansions, you just need to download that and you should be fine.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 14:24   Link #6233
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I don't think it'd let you frog-leap over previous expansions. Besides the fact that you'd not be able to get very far past level 60 even if it did let you (or 70 if you had TBC but not WLK), I think it has a progressive update system.
I didn't imply leap-frogging over it, I meant since he already has the expansions on his account, but not his computer, so hence my previous statement.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 16:46   Link #6234
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

One change that has happened on my server that seems to fustrate people. Wintergrasp.

Before the change, the Alliance on the server usually held the place and we'd see Tenacity stacks on the Horde players at between 5 and 9 usually with sometimes as many as 13 stacks. The Horde would win sometimes, and then always mass up and win on Tuesdays so the raiders and others could get VOA done for the Frost or gear.

After the patch, the Alliance can barely win (meaning almost never win) at Wintergrasp and today saw 5 stacks of Tenacity on myself about halfway through the game.

We are getting camped, with seige engines, at our graveyards now. We can't get out far enough to defend the towers nor the workshops before being zerged.

I've never seen such a reversal before. People complain that it in the Horde racials, and that's nothing really. The simple fact is that the Alliance on my server has never had to fight the Horde on a 1 to 1 basis, nor fight in outnumbered conditions. We just really don't know how to fight that battle when there are that many Horde around. Since the Horde had managed to come close to winning even when they were outnumbered, being in a even fight is like cake to them now.

We can't even get a good group all the way to the gate it seems. Probably because we have no sense of the tactics we need to use...since the Alliance players were rarely on the offensive in WG, and when we were it was usually a straight shot for the gate and plow through...eventually. The Horde didn't usually have the time to get the towers down. Things are way different now.

It is a PVE server (Arygos US). We don't generally defend the leaders, or if we do its either piecemeal or a huge group that shows up in Ironforge to stop the Horde on their last stop. In even fights the Horde usually wins in places like Goldshire or Sentinel Hill. It generally takes at least 3 to 2 odds for Alliance to win there. I don't know what the odds look like when the Alliance attacks Horde towns because I usually don't investigate with my Horde 80 when Crossroads is under attack.
Old 2010-11-07, 17:52   Link #6235
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

It seems the Horde on your server are finally resubscribing back on the game to give you a little run for your money. Its a little natural since Horde are basically everywhere now..
Old 2010-11-07, 17:55   Link #6236
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I am gonna be sooooo rusty when i get back, anyone willing to help me get back into Warrior?
Old 2010-11-07, 17:57   Link #6237
GDB

Only Wintergrasp change that annoys me is the queue not working. You queue, it says it's full, when clearly it isn't. This forces you to either remove yourself from queue and requeue (which then presents you with the teleport option), or just give up since 98% of the time it will never need "refilling".
Old 2010-11-07, 18:49   Link #6238
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
I am gonna be sooooo rusty when i get back, anyone willing to help me get back into Warrior?
1. Go Arms, not Fury - Fury is utterly screwed on Beta, even for PvE DPS.
2. Reroll Ret Pally, Unholy DK or Rogue.
3. Don't reroll Mage.
Old 2010-11-07, 18:49   Link #6239
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I found the Feat of Strength a really hard one to get with the popularity of my server

On the Beta-Side, my beta guild finally downed Nefarian & Onyxia, and Al'Akir.. I must say that those fights are really tense, especially Al'Akir on the last phase. The videos on youtube probably wont show you the real stress the fight brings out to the raiders. But I really want to try the Hard-Mode boss of Bastion of Twilight "Sinestra" and get the achievement "I Can't Hear You Over the Sound of How Awesome I Am" where you have to defeat Sinestra on your first attempt, without letting anyone die.

http://cata.wowhead.com/achievement=5313
Old 2010-11-07, 19:28   Link #6240
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
1. Go Arms, not Fury
I can confirm this, not even using beta as an example. For just leveling purposes, you kill things so fast as Arms. And then you just Victory Rush (btw, get the Victory Rush glyph) yourself for 30% healing. Add in field dressing and it seems to be close to 40% or 50%. Of course, fury can use this too, but Arms just feels so much faster.

By the time you hit 85, you'd have played enough to not be rusty anymore and can make your own decision on what spec you ultimately want to use.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows