Higurashi fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
10 for just the opening
yes, i definitely agree on that
Old 2007-10-08, 16:11   Link #23
-MotokoAoyama-
*Artist

Just finished watching it. Since I suck at Japanese, I guess I voted excellent because

OPENING!!!

Seeing Takano's past was nice too, but her laugh at the end just killed off all my sympathy
Old 2007-10-08, 16:11   Link #24
Tengusoldier

link for the new op?
I don't wanna see the whole ep without subs >.>
Old 2007-10-08, 16:39   Link #25
shigure asa

Send a message via MSN to shigure asa
Quote:
Originally Posted by -MotokoAoyama- View Post
Seeing Takano's past was nice too, but her laugh at the end just killed off all my sympathy
that's intentional~~
if it's like this then it's more realist than 'she had a hard life so a massacre is ok' type feeling, right?? ^^
Old 2007-10-08, 16:45   Link #26
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengusoldier View Post
link for the new op?
I don't wanna see the whole ep without subs >.>
just watch the first 1:30 seconds of the episode

@MotokoAoyama That laugh shows how far Miyoko has fallen. It made me have even more sympathy for her

Last edited by Sterling01; 2007-10-08 at 16:57.
Old 2007-10-08, 16:59   Link #27
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Hanyuu wants your SOUL

New OP shot
Spoiler:

The OP didn't change much. Just framed Takano as more obviously evil, added DEMON HANYUU (auauau~) and showed Hanyuu in the school uniform running over to the kids at the end.
Old 2007-10-08, 17:51   Link #28
Ishikawa Minoru

I already knew about Takano-sama's past, but this episode really made me feel close to her.

It's not like I deslike the club members or anything, but after all Takano-sama had to endure I cannot help rejoicing over her victory. She beat everyone and became God against all odds! Rika will eventually win, but it's only one victory against thousands of losses.
Old 2007-10-08, 17:58   Link #29
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Against all odds? that's quite funny if you ask me...(if we consider her wish is completely linked with her status)
her ordeal has arguably little to none involvement with her current objective.

and also, for rika, it isn't "one" victory. it is "THE" victory.
Old 2007-10-08, 18:05   Link #30
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

The animation quality for this ep is great. I can't believe I spent 20 minutes rooting for 34 after all she's done, but what can I say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroduc View Post
Hanyuu wants your SOUL
The OP didn't change much. Just framed Takano as more obviously evil, added DEMON HANYUU (auauau~) and showed Hanyuu in the school uniform running over to the kids at the end.
I didn't even notice it until I read this thread.
Old 2007-10-08, 18:18   Link #31
-MotokoAoyama-
*Artist

Quote:
@MotokoAoyama That laugh shows how far Miyoko has fallen. It made me have even more sympathy for her
Really? Maybe its just me, but I found Rika living her life again and again for 100 years to be more worthy of sympathy, so when that laugh happened, I remember the last episode and Rika and I went "BURN, TAKANO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Actually, I was a bit confused by that last scene. Was that supposed to link to the end of Minagoroshi-hen?
Old 2007-10-08, 18:20   Link #32
Ishikawa Minoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Against all odds? that's quite funny if you ask me...(if we consider her wish is completely linked with her status)
her ordeal has arguably little to none involvement with her current objective.

and also, for rika, it isn't "one" victory. it is "THE" victory.
Yes, Rika can always come back, but Takano-sama only had one chance. No matter what number the die rolled, Rika could always try again, but Takano had to roll 6 countless times without any 'resets'.

From a hopeless orphan to a God-like existence!

No matter what, Takano won 99.9% of the times...which is rather interesting. I know this happened differently in the game, but in Saikai we saw Akasaka, Rena and Oishi after the GHD...which means that at least in the anime the whole doesn't collapse after Takano wins.

The club members remembered past worlds, but there are probably many Hinamizawas in which some of them live past GHD...so effectively speaking, Takano's exists as a winner in say 999 worlds whereas Rika ceased to exist in 999 world and won in 1 Hinamizawa. The situation is even worse for Rena and the others.
Old 2007-10-08, 18:21   Link #33
Rias

This epsiode and the next epsiode is to tell the viewers how 34-tan's determination was formed. She's so determined to carry out her plans that no matter how many worlds "Rika" travels to, the set event of Tomitake and Takano's death will always happen, no matter what. The only salvation for the village is for Rika to die prematurely. Takano Miyo, the embodiment of Rule Y, cannot be easily defeated, espically with X and Z on the sides and thus having the 3 rules strengthing each other.
Old 2007-10-08, 18:27   Link #34
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by -MotokoAoyama- View Post
Really? Maybe its just me, but I found Rika living her life again and again for 100 years to be more worthy of sympathy, so when that laugh happened, I remember the last episode and Rika and I went "BURN, TAKANO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Actually, I was a bit confused by that last scene. Was that supposed to link to the end of Minagoroshi-hen?
You won't understand what I meant until the end of the series. I was just voicing my opinon
Old 2007-10-08, 18:33   Link #35
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

bastards from alphabet?
Old 2007-10-08, 18:33   Link #36
Radikaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishikawa Minoru View Post
Fallen? She rose, right? She became God.
In that sense, yes, she rose.
But spiraling into insanity the way she did isn't exactly rising.
Old 2007-10-08, 18:33   Link #37
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

please avoid spoilers from pieces. all you wrote is absolutely NOT SHOWN in this episode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishikawa Minoru View Post
Yes, Rika can always come back, but Takano-sama only had one chance. No matter what number the die rolled, Rika could always try again, but Takano had to roll 6 countless times without any 'resets'.
Please, don't assume such thing. For starters, Rika doesn't have an infinite amount of possibilities.
Second, the chances Takano wins are Beyond 90%. it is fairly possible to say that Her chance are even bigger than 99%
Quote:
From a hopeless orphan to a God-like existence!
Her orphan and past doesn't have NOTHING to do with her situation.
Quote:
No matter what, Takano won 99.9% of the times...which is rather interesting. I know this happened differently in the game, but in Saikai we saw Akasaka, Rena and Oishi after the GHD...which means that at least in the anime the whole doesn't collapse after Takano wins.
It is always like this, and it has been proved in Himatsubushi as well. It isn't "anime exclusive".
But for hinamizawa, the world collapse.
Old 2007-10-08, 18:35   Link #38
-MotokoAoyama-
*Artist

Quote:
You won't understand what I meant until the end of the series. I was just voicing my opinon
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't trying to take out your opinion. It was just my own two cents worth.

Spoiler for just in case:
Old 2007-10-08, 18:41   Link #39
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The thing is what she "received" doesn't balance with "what she deals" especially that the means are absolutely not the only way she can do for her "true objective".
That said, I don't clash my "feelings" for X-Y characters, but for Takano's case, if i have to remove my bias side, because of her atrocities, that doesn't justify what she planned to do. if it was another village, it would raise the same reaction from me because what she get through has nothing to do with the situation.

if it was a complete massacre in the orphonage institution etc, i would be "okay", for the "justification", but considering here, nope. not at all. but that's another opinion.

i believe it is not time yet to try to speak further because the episode DOESN'T show completely what Takano have to get through for this plan.
and really we are touching spoilerish matter at this rate.
Old 2007-10-08, 18:43   Link #40
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

The funny thing is the only reason I give Miyoko sympathy is because I can relate with her childhood.