AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-22, 16:09   Link #681
Justin_Brett

Quote:
I'm not saying there was no fan service, season 1 had nice suddel almost innocent fan service
Yeah, Leo and Eclair's clothes exploded pretty subtly in episode 2.

I mean, I like the show, but it's more a juicy hamburger than a perfectly prepared steak.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 16:12   Link #682
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Dog Days does such a great job of setting up what an awesome thing everyone has going for them that I'm sure I'll immediately buy into the conflict as soon as something comes along to threaten it. If Becky's words are any hint, though, it sounds like the real threat to the happy status quo is just the trio of friends growing up or growing apart.

Nanami and Becky finally give us a chance to hear the viewer perspective on Cinque's unusual relationships with Biscotti's finest. Their attempt to keep straight faces as Ricotta described why she loves the hero was pretty priceless. Also, last season, I seem to recall Cinque being given the "huge brass balls" award for playing fetch with the sovereign ruler of a warrior nation. Now she's running in circles at the front door to the castle going "Walk?? Time for walk??"

LOL at Becky's passing insinuation that the Hero Harem might include Gaul.

And hooray for Eclair still getting a respectable amount of screen time given the size of the cast. Her unconscious tail-wagging in anticipation of her camping trip with Cinque was too mu- hnnnggghh.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 19:33   Link #683
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by neco411 View Post
I'm not saying there was no fan service, season 1 had nice suddel almost innocent fan service... this is like going "When did I start watching some hentai movie" moment.
How? Just... how? It's the same. The stripperific fights were there in the first season. Eclair got stripped right in front of the cameras in the second episode. How is that "more innocent" than the stripfights we've seen here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neco411 View Post
As for season 1 yes he acquired basic knowledge of his abilities through the first combat that even I thought it was too convenient, after all if it’s that easy to get power and skills why bother summoning anyone at all since you could prob do it yourself. But in earnest it did take him up to ep 5 to gain everything and its hinted in series 1 that a certain ability to gather all the magic as well as endurance to do and maintain abilities. That’s something Cinque built up during his first visit there that should not be readily available to new heroes that have spent less than 1 - 2 hours in this new world.
And, again, the entire series of events from episode 1 to 5 all happened on the same day, and none the non-combat time in between fights was spend practicing. The time difference between Nanami and Cinque's learning is outright neglectible. And I will note on this point that, just like Nanami, Cinque learned everything he did just by watching someone else do it. Once.

Difference: Zero.

Last edited by Keroko; 2012-07-22 at 19:44.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 20:45   Link #684
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Becky is like a combination of Marisa and uhh Nanoha. Best hero forever. And I love Couvre <3 MASTER GARNET SPARK
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 21:09   Link #685
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Spoiler for Becky:

Poor Nanami her clothes are gone
Old 2012-07-22, 22:07   Link #686
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Noticed something interesting in the show's ED I thought I'd bring up.

I looked back quite a few pages and didnt see it brought up before.

Did anyone else noticed the 2-tailed cat (nekomata?) run by in the ED? I don't think this person has been introduced yet, or my memory of last season is failing me.

I noticed she didnt show up on the first run through of the characters during the ED, where u could see everyone:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

but then she shows up at the front of the pack, blacked out with everyone else:

Images

Not to mention she's grouped with those little creatures, who I believe in the first season, were refered to as small protective gods.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 23:03   Link #687
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Yeah, Leo and Eclair's clothes exploded pretty subtly in episode 2.

I mean, I like the show, but it's more a juicy hamburger than a perfectly prepared steak.
Yeah true enough. I don't think Eclair especially would suggest that Cinque's first visit to their world was anything subtle . Again props to Leo for having the cameras ready and waiting for that clothing explosion.
Old 2012-07-22, 23:08   Link #688
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaneo View Post
Noticed something interesting in the show's ED I thought I'd bring up.

I looked back quite a few pages and didnt see it brought up before.

Did anyone else noticed the 2-tailed cat (nekomata?) run by in the ED? I don't think this person has been introduced yet, or my memory of last season is failing me.

I noticed she didnt show up on the first run through of the characters during the ED, where u could see everyone:

Images

but then she shows up at the front of the pack, blacked out with everyone else:

Images

Not to mention she's grouped with those little creatures, who I believe in the first season, were refered to as small protective gods.
Whoa, sneaky. I can't think of any two-tailed characters who have shown up thus far, although it sounds like the sort of critter that would show up around Yuki, given both what she is and the creatures she takes care of. If so, it might show up at the training camp next episode.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 23:27   Link #689
Miraluka
Banned

Next episode need major doses of Yuuki and Eclair, I think there's enough Becky.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 00:26   Link #690
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Next episode need major doses of Yuuki and Eclair, I think there's enough Becky.
I'm dying for some Eclair x Cinque moments, they just so awesome together, but that's just me.
Old 2012-07-23, 01:15   Link #691
Miraluka
Banned

Being a tsundere I don't dislike....She is a rarity afterall.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 01:17   Link #692
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
True, she's a heroine that you can definitely warm up to overtime Plus she's cool and boss, so no complaint from me.
Old 2012-07-23, 08:38   Link #693
Snuffle
likes cute things

I didn't see this get mentioned, but... Has it crossed anyone's mind that we have a country of squirrels that fly yet none of them are modeled after a flying squirrel?
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 10:23   Link #694
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
I didn't see this get mentioned, but... Has it crossed anyone's mind that we have a country of squirrels that fly yet none of them are modeled after a flying squirrel?
That would require physical traits beyond the ears and tail, though, and that doesn't seem to be the way this show works.
Old 2012-07-23, 11:42   Link #695
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

LOL Nanami

That's a lucky Triple Seven pic here

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 17:50   Link #696
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
LOL Nanami

That's a lucky Triple Seven pic here
So. Much. WIN. Why wasn't this done earlier?!

Oh wait 3 episodes. Guess the fanartists haven't SONIC MOVED yet.

This is my desktop background now, along with the entire Nanami Madobe soundset.
Old 2012-07-23, 21:58   Link #697
JokerD

A lack of Brioche action makes me sad. On one had I like Yuki and Brioche, on the other, they are at least 150 years old... pretty good looking for such old...ack..
(get sliced and diced)

Wonder what happened to that little fox they rescued back in S1, didn't see it when they visited Yuki and Brioche...

Last edited by JokerD; 2012-07-23 at 21:58. Reason: spelling
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 00:02   Link #698
-khriz-

Oh look I was not wrong when I said that Becky was going to own Cinque, thanks to the studio for proving me right. This anime keeps being a disappointment. If I only knew that season 2 was going to be this bad from the start I would have made a wish to never let it happen.
-khriz- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 00:35   Link #699
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

.... Kinda late but....

Spoiler for don't click for those who haven't watch Ep3:

HAREEEEEEEM~!
Old 2012-07-24, 00:57   Link #700
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by -khriz- View Post
Oh look I was not wrong when I said that Becky was going to own Cinque, thanks to the studio for proving me right. This anime keeps being a disappointment. If I only knew that season 2 was going to be this bad from the start I would have made a wish to never let it happen.
Well that's a narrow viewpoint. We've already had this argument, so I'm not going to bother with it again.

Anyway, it's up to you how long you feel like torturing yourself by continuing to watch something you obviously don't like. You can stop any time.

Tags
action, fantasy, sports