Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-10-21, 11:39   Link #3701
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
If after reaching the end they want to make some - maybe asking Togashi sensei who at that point will have completely given up on drawing the manga and might as well share his ideas with the writers - I won't mind, since there's not going to be anything to ruin. But judging from the quality of the Phantom Rouge movie, I'd say I'd probably not bother.
Something I can't understand is how there is not a single decent writer in anime working on anime-original episodes of long running series. One would expect it to be the kind of task you'd give to rookies and youngsters, so you should get the occasional genius waiting to happen who delivers a great job. Instead they're consistently shit.
Saying all filler arcs are consistently shit is going a bit far. Certainly some of them are, but I've seen a few good ones.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 14:53   Link #3702
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

From the Bureau of Asspulled Statistics: 70% shit, 20% mediocre, 10% kinda good if you're generous.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 14:53   Link #3703
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Saying all filler arcs are consistently shit is going a bit far. Certainly some of them are, but I've seen a few good ones.
Well, I could name some less awful than others, but I don't remember any which were really good - definitely not any long arcs. The best exceptions I can name are small detours like the battleship filler episode during the Hunter exam arc in the first HXH anime, the comedic omake episode 101 of Naruto, or One Piece's G8 arc. Other than that, any single filler arc I can remember from Dragonball, Naruto, or Bleach was straight out terrible (with a mild exception for some early parts of Bleach's Zanpakuto Rebellion arc - but then again, the early parts are easy, it's resolving the plot that's hard). Maybe I haven't had any luck though, and other anime have better filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
From the Bureau of Asspulled Statistics: 70% shit, 20% mediocre, 10% kinda good if you're generous.
This .

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 18:06   Link #3704
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

There's some historical reason to hope that Togashi has in fact been writing the new arc all this time, and plans to announce his hiatus is over when he's so far ahead that he figures he can finish that arc without going on hiatus again. I think that means more for the future of the manga than this anime, which will be lucky to get the 50-ish episodes it needs to finish Chimera Ant, but it is at least a hope.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 20:51   Link #3705
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

If togashi would start writing for the anime, that would be great , but i dont see that happening, even less after the timeslot change, im not even sure the next arc its gonna be adapted, but at the very least they should omit the cliffhanger for anime-only viewers, like that it could work as an end.
Old 2013-10-22, 10:50   Link #3706
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm not as pessimistic as you guys are. I think they'll adapt everything up to the latest chapter of the manga, which works as a decent ending to the series.

Do we know how HxH is doing in its new timeslot yet? I'm expecting a big drop of course, but not one so bad the series will have to get canceled. HxH has a strong fanbase.
Old 2013-10-22, 13:48   Link #3707
ookamigirl

Killua & that octopus were LOL
Well, the octopus was pretty funny with its surprised reactions.
It completely sucks getting on Killua's bad side..
The darts game was very cruel and made me feel uneasy.
On the positive side, things did turn out unexpectedly, but also good.
I like the idea that more and more chimera ants are switching sides.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 14:04   Link #3708
MCAL

Ganbatte Killua-kun!
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 15:10   Link #3709
Upscaled

This episode would have totally traumatized countless little kids if it had been shown unaltered on a Sunday morning. Even I found it painful to watch.
Upscaled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 15:25   Link #3710
SHINOBI-03

-EPISODE 101-

Spoiler for PART 1:

------------
Spoiler for PART 2:
SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 15:39   Link #3711
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upscaled View Post
This episode would have totally traumatized countless little kids if it had been shown unaltered on a Sunday morning. Even I found it painful to watch.
Really? It's not like anything bad or super violent happened this ep.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 16:10   Link #3712
Thatguy3331
Pro Slacker

Take a guess at what my favorite part of this ep was and win a imaginary cookie!
Old 2013-10-22, 16:42   Link #3713
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I had been looking forward to this fight. The Ortho sibling's nen power is one of my favorite, since it's one of the most "Jojo-esque". It's incredibly hard to counter unless you're as smart and badass as Killua.

Killua's death scene was very well done. I felt really sad for him. Thankfully, he'll live to fight another day.
Old 2013-10-22, 17:09   Link #3714
kakakka

It's weird when Killua's scene happen at day, then Gon's scene, which is inserted in the middle of the episode, happens at night...
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 17:10   Link #3715
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I had been looking forward to this fight. The Ortho sibling's nen power is one of my favorite, since it's one of the most "Jojo-esque". It's incredibly hard to counter unless you're as smart and badass as Killua.
It's a completely broken power. It's impossible to counter unless you happen to know the rules of darts, no matter how smart you are. Or, I don't know, have some kind of invincibility that allows you to survive a dart to the brain.
Old 2013-10-22, 18:24   Link #3716
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It's a completely broken power. It's impossible to counter unless you happen to know the rules of darts, no matter how smart you are. Or, I don't know, have some kind of invincibility that allows you to survive a dart to the brain.
Yeah once that badge gets stuck on you, there is little you can possibly do. Other than take numerous stab wounds with an eventual headshot. I mean maybe if you have some way to track their position and then force them to miss then maybe it could work. But then you are trying not to not fall over from random stabbing injuries so even that would be difficult. Really not much you can do other than not let it activate or pray the guy who has a darts ability misses his last shot...
Old 2013-10-22, 19:54   Link #3717
Clarste
Human

Or you can just not get tagged by the badge in the first place. In that sense you could think of it as a very complicated "one-touch kill" that you have to avoid from the very beginning.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 20:11   Link #3718
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
It's weird when Killua's scene happen at day, then Gon's scene, which is inserted in the middle of the episode, happens at night...
Yeah, that's because Gon was supposed to meet Meleoron only after Killua's fight, but the anime rearranged the order of the events.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 23:24   Link #3719
Hamster

Do the darts somehow negate a nen-reinforced body?

If not then I'm sure a strong, tough as nails reinforcement user would just shrug off the damage and wreck the area until he finds those two.
Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 01:47   Link #3720
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Hard to say, but even a reinforcement user would have trouble being tough everywhere, all the time. So unless he can guess where the next dart's going to hit (and even Killua could only guess the last one), he's going to get punctured.

Tags
action, shounen