AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-03, 11:58   Link #401
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Okay, I'm in. That was amazing. The coloring and animation...wow! Got to be ready to take some bizarre fantasy with your plot, but no problem. And there were some actual human beings involved.

Very nice voice acting all round. Hayami Saori showing some range. Jun-chan and Mamo-chan in the groove. No time wasted. The opening sequence on the beach was just beautiful, with the heavens above.

Loved both the OP and the ED, song and animation. I was disappointed not to get any of Hayamin's amazing voice, but Tomatsu Haruka did a good job with the simple insert song.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 12:32   Link #402
mageormike
Resident Gaijin

Very nice start to this series! The animation style is interesting, the colors are fantastic, and the characters are fun to watch.

This will definitely be the show to watch for me this fall

Quick side note: with all these giant robot shows currently showing it got me interested in playing Super Robot Taisen Z again, since I picked it up but never got around to really going through it. Better now than never ^_^;;
Old 2010-10-03, 14:04   Link #403
Ansalem
Speaker

Best of the season so far! That was a great first episode. I'm in for the long hall. Fast paced, entertaining, good art, excellent animation, fabulous character designs, mysterious plot, romance, comedic timing -- what more could you want! Looking forward to next week.
Old 2010-10-03, 14:30   Link #404
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

IT'S FAAAABULOUS!! By far the best first episode of the season. The fight scene was fantastic. The subspace or whatever you call it looked stunning. I pretty much have no freaking clue what happened due to the complete lack of explanations but all that matters is that it was awesome enough to get me hooked. I can wait for answers.

I've been trying to figure out which word Takuto yelled out in the PV before the transformation sequence, turns out it was "Apprivoise" ("Tame" in french). I would have never guessed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Loved both the OP and the ED, song and animation. I was disappointed not to get any of Hayamin's amazing voice, but Tomatsu Haruka did a good job with the simple insert song.
I didn't even recognize Saori, I had no idea she had such range until now. I loved Haruka's insert song.
Old 2010-10-03, 16:05   Link #405
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 16:30   Link #406
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

This series has a few Asura Cryin vibes, funny since Mamoru Miyano and Irino Miyu are also voiced a KH role...
Old 2010-10-03, 17:06   Link #407
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Oh wow, just oh wow. Expectations were met in this episode episode, and escalated into the heavens. Especially the second half where the true fabulous content began to shine. Though saying that, the first half was very refreshing, with some decent introductions, along with plenty of foreshadowing regarding the meat of the plot. Sure it's a big foggy at the moment, though give it a few more episodes and the basic set up should become clear.

The Utena similarities are there, and oh boy are they awesome. Especially with Mr. Boxer. Akira Ishida's character is by far my favorite out of the lot, though i knew that was going to happen going into this, and it's for the obvious reasons :3. Can't wait to see the rest of the girls that are shown in the preview.

Animation delivers. My one wish is that BONES can keep on delivering this level, though that might be asking a bit much. We shall see anyway.

Fabulous transformation scene is fabulous, followed by the oh so cheesy yet extremely awesome dialogue that followed.

I'm digging the Satoru Kousaki score, which was seriously good during the last 5 or so minutes. There's a few themes in there i wouldn't mind hearing over and over.

What could be the best show of the year has begun. Can't wait for next week.

Your galaxy will shine!
Old 2010-10-03, 17:38   Link #408
KuroiKage

Does anyone know what anime that picture on the wall is reminding me of at about 1/4 into the episode where the 2 guys are talking with the orange sunset background? Its driving me crazy because it looks so familiar but I cant put my finger on it.
KuroiKage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 18:40   Link #409
aardvark

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuroiKage View Post
Does anyone know what anime that picture on the wall is reminding me of at about 1/4 into the episode where the 2 guys are talking with the orange sunset background? Its driving me crazy because it looks so familiar but I cant put my finger on it.
RahXephon, another Bones show.
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 19:00   Link #410
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Wow, that was very colorful indeed (seriously, I think every person has their own shade of hair color). The animation is superb as well, especially in the robot fights. I don't really dig the opening, but the songs near the end and the ED are pretty nice. Plot and characterization are still confusing, what's with the breakneck pace I have no idea who is doing what and for what reason. I guess that's intentional though, they purposefully introduces a bunch of stuff, to hook us for explanation that they'll give next episode where I suppose the pace will be a bit slower. And call me a sucker, but I got it hook, line, and sinker.

One character is obvious from now though, and that is Takuto, which is oh so fabulous he gives Koizumi a run for his money. His cheesy/awesome dialogues only makes things even more hilarious for me (who just can't stop giggling over the phrase Galactic Pretty Boy).
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 20:02   Link #411
velocd
Witcher, with tenure

Good first episode, if a little rushed. I knew the protagonist was voiced by Mamoru Miyano, but I didn't expect him to sound and act pretty much like Kida (Durarara).

I hope this series is deceivingly dark, like Eureka Seven (or RahXephon).

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
RahXephon, another Bones show.
Soon as I saw that picture I was reminded. The mech designs seem inspired from the dolems.

http://artofthecartoon.files.wordpre.../01/reika1.jpg
velocd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 20:20   Link #412
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Haha well that was something. Have no idea what exactly is going on, but I'm sure that will be resolved sooner or later. It was a good way to start things off though I don't think it'll be possible to keep a straight face at times . But really think they did a good job making a strong first impression.

Wako is a pretty cute character so good thing she got rescued.
Old 2010-10-03, 21:29   Link #413
v1cious

I love the music and animation in this series, but everything else leaves a lot to be desired. the characters are way too cliche, and some of the designs (the bunny maid, pilot costumes...) are just awful. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on the story, as it's only the first episode.

anyways... is anyone else starting to think Takuto is actually an alien that fell from sky? His whole story and the first scene are way too convenient.
v1cious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 21:39   Link #414
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I was struck by the way Hayami Saori said "shooting star" so quickly in that early scene. I thought that was a good inspiration, but then I realized that perhaps it was the sound director who told her to do it that way. The sound director is often the person who actually directs the seiyuus.

In this case, the sound director is someone with a list of excellent credits. Wakabayashi Kazuhiro did Ghost in the Shell, Wolf's Rain, Eureka Seven, Kurau Phantom Memory, xxxHolic, Ouran, true tears, and all the Darker than Black shows. (Mainly Bones and Production I.G. shows).

No wonder, between the sound director and the quality of the seiyuus themselves, the quality of the voice-acting was so consistently high in that episode.

This is a somewhat new sound for Hayami Saori, and it may be the best I have heard her do. Her expression seems more varied than even in Eden of the East, to say nothing of the ecchi comedies.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2010-10-03, 22:37   Link #415
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Everyone else has echoed what I think about SD, but I've got to emphasis that the timing of the series feels superb in my opinion. The timing of the lines and the flow of the scenes just felt 'right' and lean. It's a little fast paced, but I feel the wrapping of what was intended to be presented just right.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 23:44   Link #416
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Oh yeah, I'm getting some good vibes from this. Some FAAAAABULOUS vibes.

BONE's Top-notch art direction is all there; the beautiful landscapes are vibrant and colorful just as I'd expect.

I also love their mecha designs; They always have a sort of "organic" look to them, if you know what I mean, not like the bulky mechanical type you usually imagine.
Some great animated tidbits, most notably the intro and fight scene.
Still don't know what the hell's going on though, but that may (or may not) be cleared up soon.

There is one major problem I had though; did you see their necks during the breakfast scene?
Now I may not be the greatest artist in the world, but NECKS DO WORK THAT WAY. You don't just draw two lines connected to the head and call that a neck. They were fucking giraffes!!
Yeesh.
KROMEangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 23:48   Link #417
Marisa Kirisame
Previously cicido

So far a good show, but the only thing that's bugging me is the female lead. I've always disliked her designs, but now that the show's actually aired, I can say that I honestly don't like her character as well. And guessing from the ED, they are probably going to play out the whole love triangle thing, which just might get a little unbearable in the future since she's such an uninteresting character comparing to the other characters of the show (so far)

Even the girls want her...
Marisa Kirisame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 01:37   Link #418
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I've made a characters/seiyuus page for this show, with pics of 18 characters and their seiyuus, and a bit of info about both the character and the seiyuu. Character info from the official site.

Still working on it, so if you see any problems, please let me know.
Old 2010-10-04, 01:56   Link #419
Solecs

Wow, I don't even know what to say. That was utterly wonderful. I'm absolutely hooked, and you know the hook brings you back. Definitely following this show now.

I'm also really glad they're not going with that completely ignorant lead character who happens to stumble into something and is awesome story. He knows he's awesome to begin with.
Solecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 02:21   Link #420
Jarmel

I lol'd. While it seems a bit too "jumped in the middle" which gives me horrible Xam'd vibes, overall it seems pretty good and the animation at certain points was outstanding. The background music also seems another Bones-level production. Now if they can make sure we have a great story here then we got us a keeper.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, fabulous, shonen