AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-05-18, 03:18   Link #301
AntonKutovoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Is Secco voiced by Soichiro Hoshi? Kind of sounded like him .
Nope. He is voiced by KENN.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-18, 05:06   Link #302
Vegard Aune

Quote:
The reason Notorious BIG was so powerful was because of the anger of his user after getting killed? So would it have been more harmless if he had just passed away peacefully ?
I was about to say that this was all explained in the writing on the wall back in episode 24... But, oh right. CR didn't subtitle any of that.

And yeah, this episode finally clarified what's up with Buccellati. He essentially died in episode 21, but the life energy Gold Experience imbued him with revived him, and he's running on borrowed time that's quickly running out. I guess the only really new bit of info that wasn't already obvious here is just how quickly he's declining.
Old 2019-05-18, 11:52   Link #303
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
So is Secco's Stand his body...? It didn't seem like there was any kind of presence around him, and the ED had him in there with all the other enemy Stand's .
I honestly forgot the specifics, but I'm going to guess Oasis is similar to White Album.
Old 2019-05-18, 13:40   Link #304
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Figured that village would be the last pitstop, but I definitely like this raising of stakes. And yeah, we finally get confirmation for what we all imagined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I honestly forgot the specifics, but I'm going to guess Oasis is similar to White Album.
If you look at the ED, Oasis doesn't have eyes, so it is just like White Album; the suit is the stand.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-18, 22:55   Link #305
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
Nope. He is voiced by KENN.
Oh man, didn't even recognize him, and I love KENN.
Old 2019-05-19, 00:09   Link #306
alex_drian

This has to be the battle with the most collateral damage until now in Jojo.

So, because I see that there isn't more space in the ending with the Stand enemies I assume these two fuckers are the last ones, and Doppio, but Doppio is Doppio.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-24, 13:20   Link #307
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Man, that beat up. For being wounded, Giorno pulled more punches than he could ever dream.
Old 2019-05-24, 18:47   Link #308
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I remembered the seven pages Muda, but not how ridiculous the events leading up to it were. Joker cutting himself into pieces without any trouble was too much, and it's such a shitty trick that should have never worked in such a small space.
Old 2019-05-24, 23:11   Link #309
Frontier

Pretty cool to see Giorno and Bruno both getting major fights concurrently .

Man, props to KENN. Now that I know it's him (thanks AntonKutovoi) I can hear it, but it's such a change of pace from his usual roles. He gets the characters manic and deranged nature down fairly well .

I guess it wouldn't be a major fight with Mista if he didn't get brutally mutilated and near death .

Those poor Pistols .

That has got to be one of the most satisfying JoJo beatdowns. That Muda barrage was on par with Jotaro beating the ever living stuffing out of Steely Dan. Giorno even threw in a good ol' "Wrrrrrryyy" for good measure .

Ciocolatta may have been a sick and depraved monster, but he seemed to truly cherish and love Secco in his own way .

Wait...that silver hair, that black top...could it be !?
Old 2019-05-25, 18:29   Link #310
Ernietheracefan

Next week would be Ikuto vs Ikuto..

While comparing Tamayura with Aria is more like comparing Vividred with SW.
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-31, 13:24   Link #311
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

So we got a familiar glimpse. Gotta wonder how Polnareff got into that state. Still, man the guys from DP love big cliffhangers.
Old 2019-05-31, 13:49   Link #312
Vegard Aune

Oh I am so glad they finally fully revealed who it was. After Polnareff's voice actor was listed in the episode he contacted them, and them showing just enough of him to make it pretty obvious last week, I was just like "Argh to me it's so obvious that it's Polnareff but since they haven't outright stated that it's Polnareff yet I can't really say anything about it to anime-only watchers!"

But yeah. The Mystery Man was Polnareff all along. I kinda feel like the anime's handling of it kinda ended up spilling the beans too early though.
Old 2019-05-31, 17:48   Link #313
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
So we got a familiar glimpse. Gotta wonder how Polnareff got into that state. Still, man the guys from DP love big cliffhangers.
Obviously, he does not have access to "German Science".
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-31, 18:48   Link #314
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Bucciarati's body is at the end of its rope. To make things worse, Doppio is right there ready to finish him off. Doppio/Diavolo really is lucky, second time he gets saved by one of his enemy. Although it's not like he would have had any trouble getting rid of Secco if he had been in danger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
Oh I am so glad they finally fully revealed who it was. After Polnareff's voice actor was listed in the episode he contacted them, and them showing just enough of him to make it pretty obvious last week, I was just like "Argh to me it's so obvious that it's Polnareff but since they haven't outright stated that it's Polnareff yet I can't really say anything about it to anime-only watchers!"

But yeah. The Mystery Man was Polnareff all along. I kinda feel like the anime's handling of it kinda ended up spilling the beans too early though.
Listing his voice actor when he contacted them was definitely a mistake, especially since I thought they disguised his voice pretty well with the voice actor going for a more serious and deeper tone and the filter they added.

But yeah, I'm glad the cat's finally out of the bag. Best Crusader is back! Sadly, he's not in good shape.
Old 2019-05-31, 22:45   Link #315
Frontier

Secco certainly didn't act how most would expect him to after finding out Cioccolatta was defeated. Instead of being the sycophant pet he's been acting like across this three-parter he turns on his former doctor and calls him out for his weakness. Pretty much highlighting that, despite his condition and mental instability, Secco is pretty dangerous in his own right .

Count on Bruno to be able to make his own weakness (his decaying body) and turn it to his advantage .

Polnareff! Man, it's great seeing him again. Buccirati's team are a kind of modern Crusaders so it's nice to see at least one of the original Crusaders from Part 3 there to meet and really help them out .

Although it doesn't look like the years have been kind to him as much as they have to Jotaro. I mean, even aside from the fact that he's lost his legs and something happened to his eye, he sounds and acts a lot older compared to Part 3 (and compared to Jotaro as an adult). I have to imagine Diavolo probably did that to him...and what about Silver Chariot? Was King Crimson able to do enough damage to Silver Chariot to put Polnareff in that state ?

Does Polnareff know enough about Giorno to know he's Dio's son? If there was ever a time for that to be relevant again, it would be then .

I know how contrived this would be but I kind of hope Polnareff talks to Giorno and say "Hey, did you ever think your full name when said together kind of sounds like "JoJo?" I had a friend with that same nickname even though we stopped using it like 1/4 through our adventure. Also, he killed your dad" .

I love how Secco and Cioccolatta are reunited in the garbage truck as they're both promptly taken away to die .

Ulp. Doppio's found Bruno just as he's crumbling to bits. I don't know if this is it for Bruno, maybe Giorno or even Polnareff will come in for the save, but it looks like it'll be a tense opening next week. It also sounds like our heroes will finally learn the truth about Diavolo .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Listing his voice actor when he contacted them was definitely a mistake, especially since I thought they disguised his voice pretty well with the voice actor going for a more serious and deeper tone and the filter they added.
I'm not sure if they could've gotten around it. I think 9 times out of 10 you have to credit the VA even if you're deliberately trying to hide the identity of a character, although I think there've been times where they haven't done so.
Old 2019-06-01, 11:43   Link #316
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
I'm not sure if they could've gotten around it. I think 9 times out of 10 you have to credit the VA even if you're deliberately trying to hide the identity of a character, although I think there've been times where they haven't done so.
I've seen shows where they just put question marks instead of the VA's name. They can also use a fake name/pseudonym.
Old 2019-06-01, 14:10   Link #317
alex_drian

Man, Polnareff, the life hasn't kind to you, it's so unfair. If he can have to go against Diavolo or the rest of Passione alone, I can see that he couldn't do much. Silver Chariot is not precisely the best Stand compared to the current enemies.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-01, 14:50   Link #318
Wandering Soul

So Polnareff, the real main character of part 3 has returned. It's too bad that the years were not kind to him.
Old 2019-06-01, 17:52   Link #319
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Does Polnareff know enough about Giorno to know he's Dio's son? If there was ever a time for that to be relevant again, it would be then .
My guess is that Jotarou has informed Polnareff about Giorno's lineage and how he sent someone to investigate him, with the conclusion that he's not a threat, as his personality is more in line of the Joestars (remember that Dio was using Johnathan's body when conceiving him) than Dio himself.
Old 2019-06-01, 18:30   Link #320
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
My guess is that Jotarou has informed Polnareff about Giorno's lineage and how he sent someone to investigate him, with the conclusion that he's not a threat, as his personality is more in line of the Joestars (remember that Dio was using Johnathan's body when conceiving him) than Dio himself.
If Polnareff could contact Jotaro, he would have way better prosthetics thanks to the Speedwagon fondation (remember Joseph's hand) and he wouldn't need the help of Bucciarati and his team. It would make far more sense for him to entrust Jotaro with the secret power of the arrow than a bunch of strangers.