AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-09-02, 18:38   Link #961
Serphirs

Given that it's impossible to speculate in the anime thread without spoilers.
I want to do it right here.

Warning: Don't read this comment if you have not completed the VN.

Spoiler for Format concept:

What do you think guys?

Disclaimer: Sry if my english is weird at some part. xD
Serphirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 23:29   Link #962
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Props if they let the audience think it's "omnibus" and then spring the surprise plot point later on. Like a cat ambushing a mouse.
Old 2012-09-02, 23:36   Link #963
Jmac
Sharing my world thru art
*Artist

That's not actually a bad idea. That way they can including most of the VN that way.
Old 2012-09-03, 05:25   Link #964
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

I thought of that, but it's a little inconsistency as:
Spoiler for Refrain:
Hmm... they could do a not-so-obvious epic fast-forward skip...?
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 05:57   Link #965
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Why should they mention it? In character routes, the dates disappear, so even game readers could scarcely notice the passage of time by then. The observant would question, forming suspicions and theories, but they wouldn't know the answers unless they read the game (assuming anime follows game faithfully) or waited until the end. (about a year or two from this October depending on air dates)
Old 2012-09-03, 06:06   Link #966
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzac View Post
Why should they mention it? In character routes, the dates disappear, so even game readers could scarcely notice the passage of time by then. The observant would question, forming suspicions and theories, but they wouldn't know the answers unless they read the game (assuming anime follows game faithfully) or waited until the end. (about a year or two from this October depending on air dates)
To be fair, the loop starts exactly when Kyousuke comes back, nothing less...
Old 2012-09-03, 13:44   Link #967
Dizzyworld2

I agree with Serphirs.

There are several things that the visual novel medium (1st person) cannot do in anime (3rd person) I feel like they can add anime original to enhance the impact of some scenes.

Spoiler for few examples:

Also,
Spoiler for for Final Ending:
Dizzyworld2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 17:47   Link #968
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
To be fair, the loop starts exactly when Kyousuke comes back, nothing less...
...Again, why should smart animators not capitalize on the confusion of the audience? That is why I said if they're going "omnibus". That is what omnibus type anime are like right? The assumption that there's a reset. Only this time, the resets actually have a point in the story.

So, assuming it's omnibus, it wouldn't have to necessarily begin with Masato proclaiming he'd go fight. It could be at a later point. Perhaps at the time that Riki begins to diverge his attention. (Note that I'm just going with what omnibus format means in an animation, which experienced anime watchers would know more than me)

@Dizzyworld
I think people will be able to know the general aim of the animators when the show comes. Is it going to focus on Riki and relationships, or is it going to focus on friendship? At this point, some folks are perhaps justified in their misgivings of the chosen animator. I even commented sometime ago about the difficulty of animating Little Busters! itself on a thread.
Old 2012-09-03, 22:37   Link #969
Jaysoon154

Bah Damn you Key, always know where to hit me to make me feel emotions. Gotta finish all the endings before that anime comes out now.
Jaysoon154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 03:26   Link #970
Jmac
*Artist

Yeah I need to finish VN ASAP! Been playing for a month now and haven't even finish a single route. Got pick the pace up!
Old 2012-09-05, 03:57   Link #971
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
Yeah I need to finish VN ASAP! Been playing for a month now and haven't even finish a single route. Got pick the pace up!
Okay, I need to suspend my disbelief for now... how is it that you've been playing it for a month and haven't finished the thing yet, yet I blind run the thing, finished it for around 2 weeks and am now repeating the whole thing with the EX routes...? :|
Old 2012-09-05, 04:06   Link #972
Jmac
*Artist

Quote:
Okay, I need to suspend my disbelief for now... how is it that you've been playing it for a month and haven't finished the thing yet, yet I blind run the thing, finished it for around 2 weeks and am now repeating the whole thing with the EX routes...? :|
I work 5 days a week and also have a wife too. So not much time to spend playing VNs
Old 2012-09-05, 04:08   Link #973
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
I work 5 days a week and also have a wife too. So not much time to spend playing VNs
I guess that could be a reason, since I kinda played the VN and skipped the baseball and stuff for 3 playthroughs.... maybe you don't use Skip? That would explain... more than everything.
Old 2012-09-05, 04:14   Link #974
Jmac
*Artist

Quote:
I guess that could be a reason, since I kinda played the VN and skipped the baseball and stuff for 3 playthroughs.... maybe you don't use Skip? That would explain... more than everything.
This is my second play through, but first time around I used skip alot. But now I'm playing all the mini-games just to see the funny dialogue that wasn't translated the first time. Some of the battle ranking titles are down right LOL. My favorite so far is 'Boob Demon' Plus do characters still level up if you skip the mini-games? Its been so long I don't remember...
Old 2012-09-05, 05:19   Link #975
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
This is my second play through, but first time around I used skip alot. But now I'm playing all the mini-games just to see the funny dialogue that wasn't translated the first time. Some of the battle ranking titles are down right LOL. My favorite so far is 'Boob Demon' Plus do characters still level up if you skip the mini-games? Its been so long I don't remember...
Well, I find Haruchin's naming convention.... interesting. XD
Old 2012-09-05, 06:06   Link #976
Ringil

Quote:
If you chose the option to do the baseball minigame, but then instantly do end practice, you'll still get stats . I did a lot after the first 2 playthroughs haha
Ringil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 06:21   Link #977
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringil View Post
If you chose the option to do the baseball minigame, but then instantly do end practice, you'll still get stats . I did a lot after the first 2 playthroughs haha
Dont you get double whenever the UP thing is displayed? It's the reason I got Rin's stats to 100+ by the time I got to the unidentified creatures... xD
Old 2012-09-05, 08:21   Link #978
Ringil

Quote:
Dont you get double whenever the UP thing is displayed? It's the reason I got Rin's stats to 100+ by the time I got to the unidentified creatures... xD
Do you mean that you get more stats if you actually play through the minigame? Dang, I shoulda done a few more minigames XD
Ringil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 08:23   Link #979
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringil View Post
Do you mean that you get more stats if you actually play through the minigame? Dang, I shoulda done a few more minigames XD
You don't know how much I've repeated one mini-game playthrough to hit Rin 10x...
Old 2012-09-05, 13:39   Link #980
Jaysoon154

Quote:
You don't know how much I've repeated one mini-game playthrough to hit Rin 10x...
Im taking the patient route with that. I noticed that Rins and Rikis stats start off better each time you complete a route. On my 5th playthrough and Rin is finally beating Sasami constantly.
Jaysoon154 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, ero-game, eroge, key, pc game, visual novel