AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > AnoHana

Notices

View Poll Results: AnoHana - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 24 32.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 12.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-12, 08:41   Link #101
mellomarie
fullblown technicolour

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Jinta, can't give her a response. He has his own issues he needs to deal with first. Because the theme is about being able to cope and move on, Jinta is gonna need someone to catch him.

Anaru is the only one of his friends that can do that. Popo is... well Popo, he's gonna leave again for more wild sex adventures around the world. Yukiatsu hates him. Tsuruko is... er... indifferent. What's left? A father that's unwilling to be a proper parent?
he can't give her a proper response but he can ask to change shifts? idk that conversation was a perfect opportunity to say something meaningful albeit short. perhaps it will be discussed in a later episode but so far i'm not buying the "he's busy" excuse.

plus jintan doesn't seem like he wants to move on, much less with anjou. he just told menma he wants her to stay forever, even if she's a poltergeist lol. i think jintan needs to find it in himself to move on IF he's even willing too. anjou doesn't seem like she's getting through considering the reaction to her big speech.
Old 2011-06-12, 10:52   Link #102
Kirarakim

I am more of a Jintan/Anaru fan than Jintan/Menma but the scene at the stream/pond with Menma & Jintan just might have been my favorite moment in the series so far....so much feeling.

I also enjoyed the interaction with Yukiatsu/Anaru but I hope Yukiatsu realizes he already has a great girl in Tsuroko and he doesn't need to compare himself to Jintan.
Old 2011-06-12, 12:36   Link #103
taichi-kun

I feel really bad for tsuruko,poor it's so unfair...she helped yukiatsu and was always with him ...

But at the same time I'm ok with anjou-yukiatsu pairing because I hate yadomi( because he didn't answer to anjou's confession)
Old 2011-06-12, 20:22   Link #104
achirist

Jinta is such a dense, empty, idiotic tool. He really does want to selfishly keep menma for himself while utterly ignoring the real people around him who's emotional needs are not being met. Menma's presence is the greatest barrier to anyone healing emotionally, or making real romantic contact. I sympathize strongly with Yukiatsu. Maybe his passes at Anaru will cause yadomi and Tsuruko to wake up and take action.

And to me, I it doesn't look like menma has "grown as much as we have"--she seems much shorter than anyone in the group. I'm glad she could make poppoo admit to his serious eating/weight problem, but apparently they aren't going to actually go into that, and he will go on as the fat otaku in the group who no one looks at with any real interest.
Old 2011-06-12, 22:11   Link #105
fazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by achirist View Post
Jinta is such a dense, empty, idiotic tool. He really does want to selfishly keep menma for himself while utterly ignoring the real people around him who's emotional needs are not being met. Menma's presence is the greatest barrier to anyone healing emotionally, or making real romantic contact. I sympathize strongly with Yukiatsu. Maybe his passes at Anaru will cause yadomi and Tsuruko to wake up and take action.

And to me, I it doesn't look like menma has "grown as much as we have"--she seems much shorter than anyone in the group. I'm glad she could make poppoo admit to his serious eating/weight problem, but apparently they aren't going to actually go into that, and he will go on as the fat otaku in the group who no one looks at with any real interest.
He is definitely an idiot...but I don't think he intends to keep Menma selfishly for himself, it could simply be he has too much attachment to Menma now.
- He was the first to feel and see Menma, and still is the only one to really, its hard to let go especially for the past few years he have been so ridden with guilt of her death.
- Plus the fact, she was his only companion for quite a while.Seeing her everyday at home, coming home to her. Its a much warmer environment then what he had.

But...he is still an idiot for being so blind towards Anjo...

I believe if Yukiatsu was the only one with can see Menma, the situation for Yukiatsu might be even worse, I feel he is just as caught up if not more then Jinta, he tried to reproduce elements of Menma's presence...the dress, the hair clip.

But the inability to see Menma is actually saving Yukiatsu. Yukiatsu stopped cosplaying and have express his desire to move forward...while Jinta who can see Menma is stuck in situation without a future! Maybe Menma is haunting Jinta lol

I think Menma have grown abit physically, but mentally she doesn't seems to have progress. Her behavior is still childish. She doesn't exhibit any form of shyness when in close contact with Jinta, and I think it make more senses this way...how can an apparition experience puberty and hence feel shy?
Old 2011-06-12, 22:23   Link #106
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by achirist View Post
That is a lot of hate.

I'm not trying to defend Jinta, but not everyone's life is a smooth sail – we do get into slumps somewhere along our lives. More for some, less for others, none for those really lucky ones. In Jinta's case, it might seem pretty long of a slump but I can somehow relate to it, as I just got out of one myself not too long ago. When you are in a slump, you tend to go for easy way out, you tend to hide in your comfort zone, and that is what Jinta is doing and not doing (i.e. not responding to Anaru's feelings). It doesn't neccessarily mean the person will behave that way for the rest of his life. Some people can climb out of the slump themselves, others need a push on their backs. Apparently Jinta belongs to the latter case, with Menma being the one who's giving the push. His slump began with Menma; I believe the show will show us how it ends with Menma.

With that said, however, I don't think that's the reason why Jinta didn't try to prove Menma's existence. Sure, he does wish for Menma to stay by his side, but as I mentioned in last episode's thread, notice that he looked surprised when Menma proved her existence? He didn't look upset (i.e. being against it), nor did he look relieved (i.e. "Menma does it finally, thank god"); he was almost just as surprised as others. That led me to think that the reason why he didn't try to do it earlier was related to Menma, or out of some kind of consideration of Menma.
Old 2011-06-12, 22:35   Link #107
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

I think he wants to stay stuck in that comfort zone.

The more he realizes that granting her wish but result with her fading away the more he may come to terms with everything. Ending up as a social recluse was the easy way out, and not having to deal with it is aided by working to grant Menma's wish. He's had a one track mind since this started, and once he reaches the end of the track he might be scared on where should be going to next.

IMO~

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2011-06-16, 16:53   Link #108
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

I like Anohana... because it's strangely predictable. I wrote this one month ago in the episode 5 discussion; if my post is too long just look at the bold text.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deconstructor View Post
Indeed, Yukiatsu pretending to like Anaru is quite likely. But, here's another possibility. Yukiatsu and Anaru share the common trait of unrequited love. In the complex love dodecahedron, they are the ones looking from the outside in. Logical Yukiatsu thinks about his options: His crush for life is dead, and Tsuruko seems to be keeping her distance (especially after Yukiatsu's recent revelation as Menma). So there's only one possibility left: Anaru. "Want to go out?" proposes the troubled, lost Yukiatsu. Meanwhile, Anaru is dealing with some peer pressure. With no signs of mutual attraction from Yadomi, Anaru starts falling back into her previous social role to find emotional solace. She hangs out with her "friends" at the karaoke bar, and nearly gets date-raped by some random dude sitting with them.

They both have major issues with their lives, both as a result of unrequited love. If one way love losers can cope with their problems is by comforting each other... then far be it from the viewers to judge Yukiatsu and Anaru. Better Anaru go out with a narcissistic cross-dresser than some guy who goes to sleep early to watch One Piece. (Have you no pride as an otaku?! Use caffeine pills, dood!!!) Their casual relationship could work out great, as Yukiatsu and Anaru don't actually love each other. They just need someone close, by their side...

I will now directly contradict myself by accusing them of escapism. Since Yukiatsu and Anaru can't be with their true loves, they have to settle for each other? What happened to the dream of never giving up hope, the dream of true love always winning out in the end? Maybe Anohana seeks to subvert these wishes and portray them as unrealistic. After all, Menma's death shattered the childhood dreams of the Super Peace Busters. Ouch... they all had a very hard time coming back to reality.

Actually, scratch what I just said above; I don't know what real love is. People getting together - not with those they love the most - but with those who understand them the most... kind of touching, in it's own rational, realistic type of way. Because Anaru and Yukiatsu have their problems rooted deeply in love, they can understand each other and be there to support one another. Hey, works for me.

I'll even speculate! Yukiatsu and Anaru will become a couple by the ending.

Of course, Yukiatsu could be trolling me and sadistically exploiting Anaru for his own self-comfort. In the above case... man, you really do have issues.

This concludes my weekly Anohana post. You may now return to reading things you actually enjoy.
At this point, the possibility of Yukiatsu and Anaru is definitely more plausible than it was 4 episodes ago. Anaru realizes she cannot get in-between Menma and Jinta; Yukiatsu realizes the same. What are two love rejects to do but love each other?

As for the episode, I was not deeply moved by any of the events or usual tears. The scene where Jinta pulls Menma away from the river was pleasant. However, now that the mystique of Menma's existence is gone, a good deal of tension and drama has disappeared from the show. Drama is the main reason I watch Anohana... I like seeing people cry and yell at each other. I am messed up.

Episode 9 Rating: 8.5/10 (B)
Old 2011-06-16, 20:22   Link #109
Kyuu
=^^=

Alright. Just the very first 4 minutes of this episode -- has me trippin' LOLs.
Closed Thread