AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-09, 23:37   Link #201
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Anime review blog Random Curiosity has a post with some screenshots up for those of us who didn't see the special, very nice of them to do so.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 09:48   Link #202
azarhal

The ships for the show have entries with description and pictures in Hyperweapon 2011. I stumbled upon a crappy camera pic of the Silvius page by accident. Most of the other aircraft in the show were in the previews for the book (Vespa and Ades ships).

I made a mistake in an earlier post, there is no Disith symbol on the hull of the Silvius, but a lot of Anatoray's ones.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 21:58   Link #203
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Anime review blog Random Curiosity has a post with some screenshots up for those of us who didn't see the special, very nice of them to do so.
Cool.

Ooh nice, azarhal, I hadn't looked at the design page in a while, now I'm a bit curious if Anatory's going to eventually play a role now, even if it's just through politics, depending on how Tatiana plays into this new story and what her mission will be or how she gets dragged into things.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 02:33   Link #204
Xion Valkyrie

If you didn't know Dio was a guy, you'd totally think the new Last Exile is about 5 cute girls ala K-On, except with airships.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 05:18   Link #205
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I thought I'd leave this here for you guys. For those who are interested, Flying Dog released a mini-MV featuring Maaya for Buddy 2 weeks ago. So you can hear about a minute more of the song than the 23-second snippet you've heard in the anime PVs. You can definitely hear SFP's influence throughout it (a good thing for me).**

I never really concerned myself with Last Exile because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get into it (my friends and I have an inside joke with Cloud Age Symphony tho; that song is so trippy and awesome). But I'm much older now with different tastes, so I'll go and watch the first season the moment I have the chance.

**Edit: Or you could just watch the WHOLE MV to hear the entire song. I just happened across this. Watch it before it gets taken down: http://player.youku.com/player.php/s...NDkwODky/v.swf
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 07:02   Link #206
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
Ooh nice, azarhal, I hadn't looked at the design page in a while, now I'm a bit curious if Anatory's going to eventually play a role now, even if it's just through politics, depending on how Tatiana plays into this new story and what her mission will be or how she gets dragged into things.
The Silvius have way too many guns to just sit around. Also, it's the only non-Ades battleship with a known captain and an unique design. The rule of animé suggest that it's the man "good guy" battleship.

Now, why would Fam, Giselle and Milia end up on an Anatoray battleship is everybody's guess. Dio is there though. I'm sure Tatiana would be happy to have him on board.

Quote:
Epic! Finally confirmed 26, makes me incredibly happy.
I know, I'm the one who said that 26 is confirmed, but looks like it might actually 24 episodes. I'm trying to remember where I saw 26...
Old 2011-10-12, 01:47   Link #207
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
The Silvius have way too many guns to just sit around. Also, it's the only non-Ades battleship with a known captain and an unique design. The rule of animé suggest that it's the man "good guy" battleship.

Now, why would Fam, Giselle and Milia end up on an Anatoray battleship is everybody's guess. Dio is there though. I'm sure Tatiana would be happy to have him on board.

I know, I'm the one who said that 26 is confirmed, but looks like it might actually 24 episodes. I'm trying to remember where I saw 26...
Yeah, plus being the successor ship to the Silvana, it's not sitting around heh, it'll be interesting to see what gets them crossing paths. I actually meant to be speculating on how Anatoray itself might factor in too depending on how the story progresses.

Heh yeah Now that I think about it, I'm looking forward to her reaction to Dio lol.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2011-10-12 at 02:05.
Old 2011-10-12, 02:45   Link #208
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Yeah, plus being the successor ship to the Silvana, it's not sitting around heh, it'll be interesting to see what gets them crossing paths. I actually meant to be speculating on how Anatoray itself might factor in too depending on how the story progresses.

Heh yeah Now that I think about it, I'm looking forward to her reaction to Dio lol.
I guess that depends on how often the Exile goes between Prester and Earth. Assuming it's operating on a continous pattern. For example, if it was a one-shot deal, then it's possible whoever went on that trip (Lavie, Claus, Tatiana, etc) are "it" in terms of any influence we're going to see from any countries from the first series. If it's operating on a regular basis, then it stands to reason that some sort of relationship would have developed between the two worlds.

Spoiler for Potentially quite spoilerish speculation/background, though based on info from materials connected to the first series:
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 03:28   Link #209
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
I guess that depends on how often the Exile goes between Prester and Earth. Assuming it's operating on a continous pattern. For example, if it was a one-shot deal, then it's possible whoever went on that trip (Lavie, Claus, Tatiana, etc) are "it" in terms of any influence we're going to see from any countries from the first series. If it's operating on a regular basis, then it stands to reason that some sort of relationship would have developed between the two worlds.

Spoiler for Potentially quite spoilerish speculation/background, though based on info from materials connected to the first series:
Yeah.

Very true, it could work either way, it certainly wouldn't be out of character at all heh.
Old 2011-10-12, 15:23   Link #210
azarhal

Chapter 3 of Fam the Silver Wing we learn that the
Spoiler for Spoiler:

Warning though, the chapter spoil a lot of stuff...

Last edited by azarhal; 2011-10-12 at 17:12.
Old 2011-10-13, 16:41   Link #211
Kunagisa

Bypassing all the spoilers! But ... is this airing tomorrow? Was listening to

makes me all nostalgic (still very few music pieces to this day can beat this one imo; it just goes godly starting 02:00).
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 17:21   Link #212
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Bypassing all the spoilers! But ... is this airing tomorrow?
YES!

I can't wait.
Old 2011-10-13, 17:28   Link #213
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

18.533 more hours!

Can't wait!
Also, cake.
Old 2011-10-13, 18:36   Link #214
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
makes me all nostalgic (still very few music pieces to this day can beat this one imo; it just goes godly starting 02:00).
Can't help but agree with you there. Last Exile to this day, still has one of my favourite scores ever. Pretty sure it's the same for you as well.
Old 2011-10-13, 20:05   Link #215
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Can't help but agree with you there. Last Exile to this day, still has one of my favourite scores ever. Pretty sure it's the same for you as well.
Indeed.

I'm actually trying really hard to not let the first one giving me too high of expectation for this one, which isn't really working sadly ... I BELIEVE IN YOU GONZO, no pressure or anything etc... ;__;
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 21:02   Link #216
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Yes...very much looking forward to this, much more than anything else this season. The last anime I watched that featured lots of airships battling was Fractale...and that wasn't good. I have faith GONZO will get this right. I'm glad most of the original staff has returned and they didn't hand the script writing over to Mari Okada or something.

I have high expectations. Go go GONZO!
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 03:43   Link #217
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Ugh. Just realized the simulcast doesn't air until 16 hours after the television broadcast. Words can't describe how much I'm looking forward to Fam (yea, I know, just making it more likely to be disappointed, but I'm optimistic even with all the cuteness this'll still be awesome), and now that I know I've got 16 hours on top of the 10 hours and 17 minutes I thought I had left....I think I am going to die.
Also, cake.
Old 2011-10-14, 06:55   Link #218
azarhal

Alvis was posted on the official website. She have a new VA: Hanazawa Kana. Her ears are a lot more elf like than a remember.
Old 2011-10-14, 07:23   Link #219
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Alvis was posted on the official website. She have a new VA: Hanazawa Kana. Her ears are a lot more elf like than a remember.
Ha! I knew HanaKana would be in this one way or another. I expected her to reprise her role from the first series as I said earlier though. Seems like the girl who voiced Alvis didn't pursue a career in voice acting (or she failed horribly) so they had to get another seiyuu. HanaKana is the best choice they could have made (<- not biased at all).

Alvis looks very cute
Old 2011-10-14, 07:33   Link #220
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Oh cool Alvis... now where are Claus and Lavie?
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, science fiction