AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-02-01, 22:50   Link #81
SmartChick
Future Billionaire

Send a message via AIM to SmartChick
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Concerning the sequel... Unfortunately that is the same answer she gave two years ago and the sequel has not yet materialized.
Yea and the other thing that makes it seem slimer was when she stated that maybe an american company can help but I have a feeling that might not happen. But hey at least she is still thinking about it and who knows what might happen.
SmartChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 04:54   Link #82
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

There was one really exciting announcement in that interview though. Ikaku Ito says that she is creating a new anime which is going to premiere this fall. Its working title is "The Day After Tomorrow" and its theme is Japanese culture. I'm all a-twitter at the thought that she is creating a new anime, even if this is not a sequel to Princess Tutu.

She says that it will be announced this March. That isn't too much longer to wait for something so exceiting. I can only hope it will hold some of the brilliance that she shed on our lives with Princess Tutu.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 08:47   Link #83
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartChick
According to wmchichiri who went to her panel at Ushicon wmchichiri and others asked her a variety of questions about princess tutu. If your a fan I highly suggest reading this article http://community.livejournal.com/pri...utu/57459.html Enjoy!
ZOMG!! There's a Princess Tutu LJ!??

*glomps you* THANK YOU!! I'm so joining!!
Old 2006-02-03, 22:58   Link #84
guess

I am still waiting for ADV to release the entire dvd. For some reason, they are releasing them very slowly.
Old 2006-02-04, 00:02   Link #85
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
I am still waiting for ADV to release the entire dvd. For some reason, they are releasing them very slowly.
Actually, ignoring the almost year-long gap between volumes 1 and 2, Tutu's been coming out at ADV's faster-than-everyone-else pace. Volume 4 comes out in March, and given this pace, we'll have volume 6 (the last) by June or July.
Old 2006-02-04, 00:29   Link #86
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

I just bought volume 3 at best buy.... and I opened it up in the car, which was a good idea, because

THEY GLUED THE THEFT PROTECTION TO THE DVD ITSELF.

you know, that little black thing with the magnetic loops in it that sets the alarm off if it isn't demagnetized at the register? It was stuck TO the dvd... and those things are NOT easy to get off.

So I immediately went to returns, and after waiting in line for 30 minutes I find that they don't have another copy in stock. Thankfully they make an exception to their "no refunds on opened dvds" policy, considering I had literally bought it 35 minutes prior.

Is this a common problem with volume 3? Or did I just experience a fluke.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 00:37   Link #87
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy
Is this a common problem with volume 3? Or did I just experience a fluke.
It must have been a fluke. Mine isn't like that (bought it at BestBuy also).
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 02:45   Link #88
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

Yeah, that sounds like a manufacturing defect. Either that, or the machine that sticks it into the case didn't tack it on hard enough, and it slipped and fell onto the disc before setting.
Old 2006-02-04, 06:07   Link #89
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarCreator
Yeah, that sounds like a manufacturing defect. Either that, or the machine that sticks it into the case didn't tack it on hard enough, and it slipped and fell onto the disc before setting.
If I were them, I'd have the "brilliant" idea of sticking them on BEFORE inserting the dvds.

Now wouldn't that be a simple solution? Sorry, still just kind of angry 'cause I didn't get my tutu.

Me want tutu! Wah...
Sam Pinansky
Old 2006-02-04, 10:18   Link #90
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

I'd imagine they're normally stuck on at the same time, because that makes the assembly go all that much faster. Those post-production facilities -do- have to crank out their stuff really fast to meet demand...

And it's not like this isn't an isolated incident anyways...
Old 2006-02-04, 11:16   Link #91
Lambda

Quote:
I just bought volume 3 at best buy.... and I opened it up in the car, which was a good idea, because

THEY GLUED THE THEFT PROTECTION TO THE DVD ITSELF.

you know, that little black thing with the magnetic loops in it that sets the alarm off if it isn't demagnetized at the register? It was stuck TO the dvd... and those things are NOT easy to get off.

So I immediately went to returns, and after waiting in line for 30 minutes I find that they don't have another copy in stock. Thankfully they make an exception to their "no refunds on opened dvds" policy, considering I had literally bought it 35 minutes prior.
Surely you'd have a legal right to a refund in that case no matter when you opened it or what their policy was? You certainly would in Britain.
Lambda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 13:40   Link #92
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

I used to work retail, and as far as I know, there is no such entitlement in the US - customers are completely bound to the return policies that are clearly stated on the receipt. Most stores that sell DVDs and CDs do not allow refunds for opened product under most any circumstances - and typically, opened product can only be exchanged for identical product only if it is defective.

Best Buy's policies are pretty much what I stated above (with all sorts of different policies depending on what type of product is being dealt with), but the person manning customer service decided to grant a refund because there was no replacement available.
Old 2006-06-06, 00:45   Link #93
SmartChick
Future Billionaire

Hey did you guys see the amv at anime boston on princess tutu? Anyway it won best action and best of show award. More info can be found here http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/convention.php?id=318 and the video can be seen here http://www.silverwolfie.net/main1.htm. Oh yea the video has spoilers so if you havent seen the whole series I would hold on seeing this.
Old 2006-06-06, 00:53   Link #94
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

I DID see it, and all I can say is that that AMV just sold ADV about 500 copies of princess tutu.

I heard about, well, EVERYONE, saying something like: Wow, I have to get that anime now.
Sam Pinansky
Old 2006-06-06, 00:57   Link #95
SmartChick
Future Billionaire

Quote:
I DID see it, and all I can say is that that AMV just sold ADV about 500 copies of princess tutu.

I heard about, well, EVERYONE, saying something like: Wow, I have to get that anime now.
Yea I think adv should use this to market princess tutu it certainly has changed a lot of peoples opinions of the anime being all cutesy. On amazon.com yesterday princess tutu vol. 1 was ranked 35,772 in sales and today 13,514. So you can tell people are for sure buying the dvds now.
Old 2006-06-06, 10:03   Link #96
Chiibi

Quote:
Hey did you guys see the amv at anime boston on princess tutu? Anyway it won best action and best of show award. More info can be found here http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/convention.php?id=318 and the video can be seen here http://www.silverwolfie.net/main1.htm. Oh yea the video has spoilers so if you havent seen the whole series I would hold on seeing this.
OKAY that was a really cool video but where the f*** did some of that footage come from!?

Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-06, 11:15   Link #97
SmartChick
Future Billionaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi
OKAY that was a really cool video but where the f*** did some of that footage come from!?

Spoiler:
Those clips are in the promo video which came on the third dvd.

The rank for the vol.1 dvd just keeps going down today its at about 11,000 that is pretty good from its orginal rank before the video at 35,000.
Old 2006-06-07, 10:10   Link #98
Chiibi

Ah the mystery has been solved. Thank you so much. When you could only get Tutu fansubbed back then, my friend who introduced me to it, downloaded a few music videos that had those scenes and it drove both of us crazy because we didn't know where they came from.

Ahhh those scenes were so beautifully animated. I wish the anime used them in the episodes. Especially the dancing in the shadows-it seems like a dream sequence Ahiru would have...
Old 2006-06-08, 14:07   Link #99
Mangaka-chan

Lol, I actually stated getting interested in Princess Tutu after my friend watched the above mentioned amv shown at Fanime with me. It was pretty mind blowing (the music in that video was just... ) and it sure makes Princess Tutu look a lot more exciting than you would think a ballet/fairy tale based anime would be.

I'm starting to watch the series now but my friend says that it's a 26 episode series when there's 38 episodes listed on ANN. She said the reason was the anime was scheduled to be 38 episodes but it got chopped down to 26 due to budget reasons. Is that true?
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-08, 15:20   Link #100
guess

Quote:
WOW! That was a totally awsome AMV. I have never seen one that has such good resolution. The music match the scense well, and it flows well without chopping up. Great!!