AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-06-16, 15:13   Link #7261
Zurvan
Divine Monarch

Yes I was aware that that's where Alec's Black Lightning came from but I wouldn't say that a fallen angel is the same as a demon. And I wonder how a titan would look like as a Heretic God.
Thanks for answering my question
Zurvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 19:04   Link #7262
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
Yes I was aware that that's where Alec's Black Lightning came from but I wouldn't say that a fallen angel is the same as a demon. And I wonder how a titan would look like as a Heretic God.
Thanks for answering my question
Well, titans the original gods of the world according with greek mythology so they gods in their own right. In the regard of the other deities heros and demons, they all have roots as some sort of god worshiped by acient civilization only that their stories change when the culture change or is mixe with foreing traditions.

In the universe of campione the only condition for the birth of a Heretic God is the devotion and worshipped of the people as explain in War God of the Lance. I hope this is useful to you.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 21:08   Link #7263
whitecloud

In that point even superman could exist as long as he is worshipped enough
Old 2013-06-16, 22:40   Link #7264
Gore17

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
In that point even superman could exist as long as he is worshipped enough
Hasn't been long enough. It's mentioned that centuries is needed for a God to be born. So if Superman remains around long enough as an icon, yeah, we'll see the birth of Superman as a God.
Gore17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 03:04   Link #7265
bludvein

I thought it was sort of an unspoken rule that it needs to be more than knowledge. It needs a certain amount of belief as well. Otherwise whats to stop characters like Harry Potter or whatever (as silly as that sounds) from turning into a god over time? Nobody ever believed Superman was real. So I find that really damn unlikely, even for a hypothetical situation.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 03:19   Link #7266
holybell84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gore17 View Post
Hasn't been long enough. It's mentioned that centuries is needed for a God to be born. So if Superman remains around long enough as an icon, yeah, we'll see the birth of Superman as a God.
If so, any one with a piece of Kryptonite will become a Campione....
Old 2013-06-17, 03:34   Link #7267
Breimoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by holybell84 View Post
batman, the Campione! xD can't wait for the fight between godou and uldin. Want to really see his new weapons.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 04:07   Link #7268
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by holybell84 View Post
This conversation about superman again. People this subject has already been discussed over and over again. So do you really wanna see a superman God or what.
Old 2013-06-17, 04:46   Link #7269
whitecloud

it just funny (especially after watching man of steel)...oh yeah....talking about god...if we are talking devotion...japanese otaku has alot of it in madoka or haruhi...wait for a while and heretic god madoka is born...haha
Old 2013-06-17, 06:20   Link #7270
Yami no Ou
まおう

it will be cool if a Maou becomes a Heretic God
Old 2013-06-17, 06:29   Link #7271
bakapervert
A pervert

^What Maou that you refer to?
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 06:56   Link #7272
Gore17

Highschool DxD?

Anyway, I don't think believing in them is required. Just the myths/stories about them.

However, Superman is way to recent for a God to be born from the stories. Same without everything else suggested. Now, centuries/millennia from now, maybe.
Gore17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 06:57   Link #7273
Breimoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
^What Maou that you refer to?
i'm ready to bet it is a big boobed sexy female maou

Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 07:01   Link #7274
bakapervert
A pervert

^Or maybe a maou that is working at MgRonald.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 07:50   Link #7275
Zurvan
Divine Monarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
Well, titans the original gods of the world according with greek mythology so they gods in their own right. In the regard of the other deities heros and demons, they all have roots as some sort of god worshiped by acient civilization only that their stories change when the culture change or is mixe with foreing traditions.

In the universe of campione the only condition for the birth of a Heretic God is the devotion and worshipped of the people as explain in War God of the Lance. I hope this is useful to you.
Does that mean that if a Campione from an old age could be a God in the modern age? Imagine the King of End first being a campione and then a god.
Old 2013-06-17, 08:05   Link #7276
chrono25

I have been having similar thoughts on that but another would be that the king of the end isnt really the title of the steel god that they are currently introducing but rather the title of the last campione to be born ! one that has a double meaning !
chrono25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 13:07   Link #7277
haseo0408

Quote:
Does that mean that if a Campione from an old age could be a God in the modern age? Imagine the King of End first being a campione and then a god.
The author has not given an explanation for that yet but I think itīs impossible for three reasons:

1)Campiones arenīt usually the type of people widely known by the general population, the wizardy world is the only one that worships them and now their identidies, Uldin is a strange exception to the rule.

2)Pandora, she might have the power to stop an event as she is the one that administrates the ritual of bitrh of her childs.

3)Campiones are existences that are human but are not at the same time, for that reason it might be impossible for them to trasend to the divine realm like some famous mortal heros beacause as Devil Kings they already stand in the same ground as the Gods.

This is only a theory but I hope it satisfices you.
Old 2013-06-17, 13:36   Link #7278
Zurvan
Divine Monarch

Yeah you are probably right.
PS do you really think pandora would stop people worshipping a Campione (if they did). Quite sad it's almost like she doesn't want them to become legends.

Another question, how are demigods handled in the Campione world? There was Perseus however he was Mithra a full God of the Sun
Old 2013-06-17, 13:41   Link #7279
haseo0408

Quote:
Yeah you are probably right.
PS do you really think pandora would stop people worshipping a Campione (if they did). Quite sad it's almost like she doesn't want them to become legends.

Another question, how are demigods handled in the Campione world? There was Perseus however he was Mithra a full God of the Sun
Well, Pandora wouldnīt stop people from worship them but most likely she has the power to stop them from being actual Gods. As for demigods, they fall in the same cathegory of the rest of divinities, meaning they are consider actual Heretic Gods as it can be be witnessed in Hime-Miko of the Sword when the divinity of Ama no Murakumo no Tsurugi was analysed.
Old 2013-06-17, 13:46   Link #7280
Chris38

Quote:

Hard to say, I think part of their exploits are assimilated by a God that becomes Heretic - I think that part of the deeds that Heracles has done, have been taken by Melqart ... after he became a Heretic God.

Overall, I think that Campione's can be treated as something similar to a demigod ... after all, they are partially humans ... but a part of them, more or less, the divine energy that they have obtained from the gods that they have defeated, makes them stand on a equal footing as "normal" or "heretic" gods.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem