Old 2007-03-13, 18:39   Link #281
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Recall what he said.

"Thank God! Not only is there no one in it, it's already activated!"
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-13, 18:40   Link #282
saner

Gwain had been turned on before Lelouche got into the cockpit.
saner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-13, 18:53   Link #283
tritoch

Critical thinking, if they turned off the unit, how would they turn it on again?

I'm just messing ^^
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-13, 19:56   Link #284
Lecrew

Send a message via ICQ to Lecrew Send a message via MSN to Lecrew
The Gwain it's only experimental which means it's only an example on how the project technology will be advance than any other knightframe like lancelot for example, but thanks to Laksharta that she upgraded all those stuffs now Gwain is merely more powerful than Lancelot and more taller than I expected to be.

Edit- Have any of you noticed the part where C.C was wearing a small red cape when she was handling the Gwain with Lulu?...it's funny. XD
Lecrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-13, 20:48   Link #285
Juvyniled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecrew
The Gwain it's only experimental which means it's only an example on how the project technology will be advance than any other knightframe like lancelot for example, but thanks to Laksharta that she upgraded all those stuffs now Gwain is merely more powerful than Lancelot and more taller than I expected to be.
I think the directors are trying to keep it as even as possible. But Lancelot's only got a stinking jetpack while Gawain pretty much has functional flight support. And Lancelot's only got weapons from what I've seen.... Gawain's got laserbeams or something. Gawain far outmatches Lancelot in terms of firepower.

Quote:
Have any of you noticed the part where C.C was wearing a small red cape when she was handling the Gwain with Lulu?...it's funny. XD
LoL, gotta go check that out again.
Juvyniled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-13, 20:58   Link #286
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

HOWEVER, Lancelot is alot more mobile than Gawain, as it has been proven before. Gawain's strenght is when it's at range and away from the enemy troops. It may have the bigger guns, but Lancelot is still better with KM vs KM battles.

Think of it as Range vs Melee.

From a distant, Gawain can fry Lancelot.
Up close, Lancelot is going to Pwn Gawain.

P.S - Yeah, i saw the cape
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 00:40   Link #287
wuabel

I think Lancelot is stronger only because Suzaku is in it, its weaponary is pretty standard. It might have a shaper sword...more of those anchors...one more sensor...a beam ball gun... than the Standard Knightmare.

There is no indication that Gawain mobility is lower than Lancelot. It is beyond me how Gawain seems to waste no energy at all when it is flying all the time and shooting big beams everywhere, considering it is two times bigger than Lancelot. It might be an indication that Gawain is superior to Lancelot even in the energy reserve.

If you put Suzaku in Gawain....then it would truely be a nightmare

i wonder what knightmare Orange-kun is piloting....I hope everyone will cry for him at next episode, his girl is getting stolen!

I am surprised the warship of the prince (Avalon?) cannot even fly across Japan to the enemy base....
wuabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 01:02   Link #288
ashlay
the red string of fate

^*off topic*
gawain is obviously less mobile than the Lancelot because it's twice as big as the lancelot. simple issue of size.

this is also the easy way to explain why Gawain doesn't hit low power even with flight and the hadron cannons: it's increased size allows for more energy fillers/higher capacity sakurdite engine, etc. pick whichever one you like the best.

and again, Gawain would be wasted on someone like Suzaku, since it's real strength is as a command unit. (druid system, two pilots, etc.) it's built for people like Lelouch and Schniezel.

but this is pushing into mecha discussion, so lets just keep it to the events 20 if we can help it.
for example:
Quote:
I am surprised the warship of the prince (Avalon?) cannot even fly across Japan to the enemy base....
that's simply because the avalon isn't totally shielded, so at closer range the missles would have blown the Avalon out of the skies. go back to when Lancelot loses the float system. Lloyd says it himself.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 01:05   Link #289
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Think of it as Range vs Melee.

From a distant, Gawain can fry Lancelot.
Up close, Lancelot is going to Pwn Gawain.
There is nothing to either prove or disprove that. We've only been able to see Gawain's performance as a heavy gunner, not as close combat juggernaut. Heck, Lelouch and C.C. haven't even used the
Spoiler:
Not to mention that C.C. only had Gawain loitering around, not dodging or dogfighting. The fact that Gawain's the largest KF in history might suggest that hard maneuvers in midair might be impractical or not as fast as expected, but one never knows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuabel View Post
That's because, according to Lloyd, the warship wasn't fully protected (ref. Y-M subs). God knows what he might have meant by that but it seems that the automatic shielding system doesn't provide 360° coverage. It is therefore risky to have the Avalon rattle the tip of its sword right in the middle of enemy territory. Just having the Lancelot wreaking havoc in the middle of Fukuoka base was, I believe, enough for them to gain superiority.
Old 2007-03-14, 01:07   Link #290
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
one way to put it is that Gawain is a huge tank...its able to do damage but rather inflexible ~ but this is all just initial judgement ~ who knows the Gawain might be able to do crazy stunts like lancelot when it needs to and when CC figures out how ~ im just waiting for when it gets out its great big sword of justice

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 05:01   Link #291
Deathwing
what do i know

This episode was ok
I liked the action of it all and seeing what Gwain and Lancelot could do.
For the bad part that love confession that was just odd and out of place (rather funny though.)
Deathwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 05:05   Link #292
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Gawain is superior to Lancelot, but Lyod isn't gathering all that data from Lancelots performance for nothing. Lancelot MKII will definitely be reality one day ( i mean he doesn't have the Über shield Lancelot had yet nor his sword - which wasn't magic but still had a name )

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 12:20   Link #293
JediNight
キズランダム

I dunno, I really hope they don't make a greatly upgraded Lancelot in the future ... I think it would detract from the show. Lancelot began so overpowered to begin with, that I would think anything more is completely rediculous.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 12:24   Link #294
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
I dunno, I really hope they don't make a greatly upgraded Lancelot in the future ... I think it would detract from the show. Lancelot began so overpowered to begin with, that I would think anything more is completely rediculous.
Well, there is a chance that Avalon will be home to newer, Lancelot-based mechs...seeing that Avalon has more than one launch catapult...
Spoiler:
It's possible that for this season's apotheosis/climax, we might see sixth/seventh-generation Float-equipped KFs. But since there is not much scan/artwork/lineart material flying around, I guess we'll only see a glimpse of them...or at the very least a mention of their existence or future arrival to Japan.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2007-03-14 at 12:36.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 13:00   Link #295
Varis
Composed Eccentric

Send a message via AIM to Varis Send a message via Yahoo to Varis
hmm if I where Kallen, I would not return to school for sure.

Suzaku and Euphy saw her which does not guarantee a report on her, but the risk is too large to take for the Knights sake.

Even so, she fought those soldiers to buy Lulu time getting the Gawain ready. Good chance those soldiers where recording or whatever camera was setup to monitor the site got a shot of her face.

Going back to school like before would be irresponsible. Because the students don't know what is going on she can probably still move around campus without making a rukus though.

Ohh... unless.... unless Kallen sleeps in Lulu's room. He can keep CC hidden there, why not also keep Kallen there... Kallen is already infatuated with Zero, so him showing her enough trust to reveal his identity will make her panties explode away from her.

oh man... I hope someone invades switzerland so I can put a mask and cape on... seems to be the new trend to start a harem.
Varis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 13:40   Link #296
Juvyniled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varis
Ohh... unless.... unless Kallen sleeps in Lulu's room. He can keep CC hidden there, why not also keep Kallen there... Kallen is already infatuated with Zero, so him showing her enough trust to reveal his identity will make her panties explode away from her.
I can only imagine the confrontation between Kallen and C.C. if they had to stay in the same room. Besides, the Order appears to have a home base now, so there wouldn't be any need for Kallen to hide out.

Quote:
Going back to school like before would be irresponsible. Because the students don't know what is going on she can probably still move around campus without making a rukus though.
It would be more suspicious if she didn't return to school at all. Given Suzaku's demeanor and his status as an Eleven, I doubt even he would toss accusations around. So I'd believe that Kallen will go back to school (and possibly Suzaku) just to maintain her persona. If either one goes off their rocker, they'll throw the whole place into a chaos. Say if Suzaku accuses her, the student council and everyone else will be against him, and likewise if Kallen does anything, it's the same thing. I don't know if the other students know that Kallen is Japanese, so she has no 'good reason' to go after Suzaku (because she's apparently Britannian to the rest of them).
Juvyniled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 13:47   Link #297
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
I do see where you're coming from. Its like the Turn A from Turn A Gundam, Unit-01 from Evangelion --- its the lead mech (Knightmare) which is a symbol for the series. Still, i can see a upgrade (weapons? its been done already) but nothing to huge that'll destroy the image Lancelot has for the series.
Old 2007-03-14, 14:06   Link #298
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I do see where you're coming from. Its like the Turn A from Turn A Gundam, Unit-01 from Evangelion --- its the lead mech (Knightmare) which is a symbol for the series. Still, i can see a upgrade (weapons? its been done already) but nothing to huge that'll destroy the image Lancelot has for the series.
magnetize the joints for friction free movement perhaps?
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 14:23   Link #299
Azure22
Magic Pilot

Send a message via AIM to Azure22
Quote:
It would be more suspicious if she didn't return to school at all. Given Suzaku's demeanor and his status as an Eleven, I doubt even he would toss accusations around. So I'd believe that Kallen will go back to school (and possibly Suzaku) just to maintain her persona. If either one goes off their rocker, they'll throw the whole place into a chaos. Say if Suzaku accuses her, the student council and everyone else will be against him, and likewise if Kallen does anything, it's the same thing. I don't know if the other students know that Kallen is Japanese, so she has no 'good reason' to go after Suzaku (because she's apparently Britannian to the rest of them).
Well, yeah, it's suspicious that she doesn't go to school, but the risk is too great. She finds out that Brittainia is after her while she's in school, she has a shot, but not a great one. If Brittania decides to search for her, then she should be with the rest of the Order. Simple fact is, she's safer there... I have no doubt Suzaku is going back to school, and I have little doubt that he would refuse to turn her in, but he would most likely attempt to convert her from being a Black Knight or try to make her turn herself in. This could A) be overheard, and incriminating evidence could be gathered against her, or B) it could get to her and make her have doubts. Also, Euphie saw her, and while she doesn't hold great credibility, again, it's not a democracy, they don't need absolute evidence to get Karen. Also, it wouldn't be too hard to figure out she's half Japanese and to discover that there are no doctors records for her mysterious illness. Karen just shouldn't go back to school, it's a stupid, stupid move. Yes, she has a persona to keep up, but which matters more: The persona, or her role in the Order? She doesn't really use her status as a half-Britanian to the fullest, she just knows she can use it to get out of trouble once in a while. It's not gonna keep her from getting arrested for being in the Order.

Quote:
Normally, I hate to be superficial about this kinda stuff, but I think Lancelot needs to be either replaced or heavily, heavily upgraded. It gets old seeing it do the same tricks each time, and it's not nearly as impressive as it was previously. Suzaku needs to get his hands on a next-generation Knightmare Frame sometime if they want him to keep up... Though, admittedly, the fact that he got a flight pack might signify we aren't gonna see the Lancelot replaced any time soon. If it does get replaced, that will most definately happen in the second season, and I really hope it does. Just like I can't wait for a third Geass character. Mao was too short lived.
Azure22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 14:52   Link #300
JediNight
キズランダム

To me, why I like Geass is in part because most of the mecha is rather tame. Within the realm of mecha, the Sutherlands etc. are rather practical -- the cockpit is mounted barebones behind the torso, and its weaponry is somewhat feasible. Only the Lancelot and mechs introduced later in the season start to have a more Gundam-esque display to them. And I really think it would be bad to just see them go completely off the hook, but judging by what we see with the Gawain and the Avalon .... we're in for some "Freedom Gundam" in the future ;p
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote