AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2004-04-15, 20:41   Link #1
Mithos
Disabled By Request

Data Error Cyclic Redundancy Check

Data Error Cyclic Redundancy Check.

When I burn anime on a Ritek DVD-R with my Lite-On LDW-411S and then later try to move it back to my hard drive I keep getting the Data Error Cyclic Redundancy Check. Is it my burner, disk, or hard drive? Firmware is up to date. The disk burns fine it's just when I try to move it back.
Mithos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 21:12   Link #2
b4k4

Send a message via AIM to b4k4
Sounds like the data has become corrupt on disk. I have some files I burned off to CD-R that are the same way. If the data and/or disc has gone bad, you're pretty much out of luck as far as full recovery goes.
b4k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 21:32   Link #3
Mithos
Disabled By Request

Data? Like the anime ep on the hard drive is messed up even before I burn or as I'm burning something bad happens.
Old 2004-04-15, 23:23   Link #4
MasafumiGotoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithos
Data? Like the anime ep on the hard drive is messed up even before I burn or as I'm burning something bad happens.
Not messed up. Maybe missing certain hashes. Tell me you did dl off BT. If you did then use a CRC checker to checks its "redundancy"
MasafumiGotoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 01:20   Link #5
JustAnotherFan
/(bb|[^b]{2})/

In sounds like your data on your DVD got corrupted. Happens if you use cheap DVD-Rs and/or a cheap drive.

Can also happen when you use (high quality) media that your drive doesn't like. Make sure you have the newest firmware installed for your drive, as new media needs different burning parameters, and you only find those in current firmware.
JustAnotherFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 08:26   Link #6
Mithos
Disabled By Request

I thought Lite-On and Ritek were some of the best. I always use BT for anime and could you tell me an easy to use CRC checker. If the file is missing some hashes then what download all over again or just check the old file with BT?
Old 2004-04-16, 09:52   Link #7
JustAnotherFan
/(bb|[^b]{2})/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithos
I thought Lite-On and Ritek were some of the best. I always use BT for anime and could you tell me an easy to use CRC checker. If the file is missing some hashes then what download all over again or just check the old file with BT?
I only saw CRC errors once on a badly scratched CD-R and my drive completely refused to copy some files from that one. Your drive or driver might handle it differently. If you can't read it, you might try some special programs to get as much as possible of a file and repair the rest with bittorrent.

I don't know about the quality of Ritek for DVD-Rs and their current CD-R quality, but for CD-Rs they used to be trash.
JustAnotherFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-19, 19:58   Link #8
RavenChild
エリック

Send a message via AIM to RavenChild Send a message via MSN to RavenChild
CRC errors really suck. once you have them, you got them. sometimes you might bump your computer in the burning process and that will screw it up. from now on you might want to take the extra 10-20 min to to a verification of the burnt disc. you might also want to change you recorder to nero or to veritas.
Old 2004-04-19, 23:51   Link #9
Raven_Zero

Send a message via AIM to Raven_Zero Send a message via Yahoo to Raven_Zero
From what i have heard ritek dvd-r are some of the best. i've used a 50 pack and have not had a problem yet. I have a Lite on 811s, also tdk discs are ritek discs with a new label.
Raven_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote