AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-22, 12:38   Link #2101
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
The Centurion "ears" are actually storage bins - not part of the tank itself. If they made those "hittable" then the fuel tanks on the IS and T-34s would need to be hitboxes as well.
If WG do that, there would be a massive drop on IS/T-34-85/T-43/SUs players. Somethimes status quo is good.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 12:40   Link #2102
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

I am still figuring out how to damage US heavy without arty or fellow heavy -_-

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 12:41   Link #2103
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Fuel tanks are separate modules, so..... Fire fire!
My Soviet and Chinese tanks are already like that
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 12:57   Link #2104
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
My Soviet and Chinese tanks are already like that
My favorite way to kill Soviet/Chinese tanks
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 12:59   Link #2105
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
The best way to damage a hull-downed US heavy is to shoot their commander's hatches. It's the highest spot on any US tank, and can be shot from the front. Do note that you need to be quite accurate with your gun to do so, and even then the possibility of your shot overshooting the hatches are unfortunately quite good.

If you're not confident in your gun but are confident in your front armor (like in the more heavily armored Soviet or German tanks), then you can wait for the US heavy to shoot first, then charge him out of his hull-down position. US tanks have very weak hull sides and rear, so if you can flank them they're as good as dead.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 13:21   Link #2106
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Side and back hull. They are so soft that you can pretty much penetrate it with a tier 5 tank.

The Chi-ha could reload that fast? I guess I'll go back to Chinese tree to take a look at it.
Old 2013-01-22, 13:34   Link #2107
Gravitas Free Zone

The final upgrade cannon for the Chi-Ha is listed at

Code:
IV 	47 mm Gun Type 1 	104 	70/70/90 HP 	81/131/25 mm 	36 Credits/2 Gold/36 Credits 	20 r/m 	0.44 m 	2.3 s 	-9°/+21° 	1,200 	21,000 Credits 	350 kg
20 round/minute is not bad at all...
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 13:38   Link #2108
Sumeragi
Banned

Especially with that pen. Basically it can pen just about anything it will face, assuming the enemy is in a frontal position and without angle.
Old 2013-01-22, 14:20   Link #2109
Gravitas Free Zone

My Panther versus my Tiger:

Code:
Vehicle   Battles  Win    Loss   Survive   Kills   Accuracy   Damage Avg.   XP Avg.
Tiger     113      63     49     49        100     73%        992           674
Panther   111      51     56     36        53      73%        623           519
Everyone in the both crews has 100% of their basic proficiencies.
Both tanks are using Vents, Rammer, Binos.

I thought I'd do better with the Panther given the better mobility, but it seems that in the end I end up just hanging waaaaaay back to protect myself—even less than in the Tiger, which I already feel is horribly fragile—and while I can plink away at enemy modules at a high ROF, due to the low alpha from the L/100, it takes forever to score a kill (and teammates don't always exploit what crits I get).

I'm still 41000 XP from the Panther II. The Tiger II is researched but not yet purchased.

The question is... what do I do to make the Panther more... useful? I might as well unlock the Panther II, but considering how much I'm not having fun in the Panther (even less than the Tiger), I'm considering transferring the crew to something like a PzIII after I unlock the Panther II, instead of going up-tier.
Old 2013-01-22, 14:26   Link #2110
Sumeragi
Banned

L/100, Rammer, and Scope. That way you can basically machine-snipe your enemies to death.

If you want, I can run a few games in my Tiger with you.
Old 2013-01-22, 14:38   Link #2111
Blaat

Killed an IS-3 on my ELC AMX today, my reaction was similar to this:

Quote:
When dealing with a T29, I do the unexpected: I charge and brawl.
That is by far the best way to handle a T29, the low HP and very poor hull armour makes it an easy target for brawling. Surprisingly not many people are doing that in a 1vs1 situation, I guess the tank looks too intimidating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I know it's a free game and all, but...

They actually effect player's performance a lot if you ask me. Many times I'm in position that I have to ask myself "Should I use the repair kit now?" and that split second of decision costs me my life.

At least we have the tech tree focus week and many more events to earn credits, compare to before.
Same, during the holidays I was using items like candies thanks to the lower costs but now I only use it when I know I'll have to chance to make up the cost. I tend to make an exception when it involves loading.

As for the T29, I use a gun rammer, second turret and my second loader is at 100% and the reload time is slightly under 10s. (9.81 IIRC) I'm not sure how the T32 is supposed better. You'll still be using that same gun but this time against Tier X opponents.

Ultimately my biggest gripe with the T29 is the gun, the over specialization (it's only good in hull down situations) and the low HP (I believe a Panther has more HP but I could be confusing it with the Panther II).
Old 2013-01-22, 14:42   Link #2112
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
L/100, Rammer, and Scope. That way you can basically machine-snipe your enemies to death.

If you want, I can run a few games in my Tiger with you.
Already equipped with that; it just seems that nothing actually dies unless it's some poor low-tier sap. Tiers 7-9 I can poke holes into, but there doesn't seem to be much in the way of results despite going for tracks, hatches, and sides.

I should try to flank more often, but that seems to result in being hung out to dry...
Old 2013-01-22, 14:47   Link #2113
Sumeragi
Banned

Interesting..... I had a relatively high kill rate with my Panther.
Old 2013-01-22, 15:58   Link #2114
LeoXiao
思想工作

Back when Komarin was still a thing I did a lap around the battlefield and got 7 kills with the Panther, earning the title "PANTHER PRO" from my comrades.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 16:03   Link #2115
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Back when Komarin was still a thing I did a lap around the battlefield and got 7 kills with the Panther, earning the title "PANTHER PRO" from my comrades.
Why did they remove that map from the lineup anyhow? I had lots of fond memories of snipe camping on that map back then, especially with my Marder II, and with hull down American tanks you can lockdown the flags against any and all takers. Shame that the only way you can play it now is in training.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 16:05   Link #2116
Sumeragi
Banned

The map will be back in 8.4 or 8.5.
Old 2013-01-22, 16:07   Link #2117
LeoXiao
思想工作

It's too symmetrical for my tastes. The rivers should be fordable in some areas IMO.

Also, it can still be encountered if you play tank companies.
Old 2013-01-22, 16:54   Link #2118
Gravitas Free Zone

Thanks for playing the platoon, Sume and Endless... though that gaming session still ended at 3 and 15... :\

So things to try are moving around more as a Panther sniper and... moving around more as a Panther sniper. Still second or third line, though, or go for the flanks?
Old 2013-01-22, 17:03   Link #2119
Sumeragi
Banned

So after the disastrous platoon session..... I just had a 10 win streak with the Königstiger.

Sometimes things are the way they are, I suppose.
Old 2013-01-22, 18:34   Link #2120
LeoXiao
思想工作

Hitler takes on Himmler in the PzJg 1

I'm in my seventh year of German and I still can't quite understand what he's yelling lol

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks