AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

View Poll Results: Hidan no Aria - Episodes 11 & 12 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 8 14.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 21.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 23.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 17.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 7.14%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 7.14%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.79%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.79%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 5.36%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-02, 18:03   Link #41
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by n120cky View Post

So for now we know only Aria, Shirayuki, and Riko can get Kinji to HSS, or maybe Reki?
There's no 'only' Any sexually attractive girl can do it- it's just that Aria does it best for some reason *cough*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Having read the light novel up to that point, I can help but be disappointed. Disappointed by the director leaving out details that would have helped people with the context. Instead what have come on screen in episode 12 have leave people scratching their head. That's imo a botched job, and makes me wonder about the level of respect that the director have for the LNs.
There is one silver-lining I'll admit- at least they made Kinji seem like a better person than in the Light Novel.
Old 2011-07-02, 19:08   Link #42
quantus

Poor Riko, I feel so sad for what Vlad did to her in the past, locking a child up in a cell like that =(
So.. what now? I guess because of everybody criticizing about the last two episodes, the producers will be like: 'okay, no season two for you guys than!'
Old 2011-07-02, 19:58   Link #43
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantus View Post
So.. what now? I guess because of everybody criticizing about the last two episodes, the producers will be like: 'okay, no season two for you guys than!'
That's... Not how it works...
Old 2011-07-02, 20:19   Link #44
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It was certainly an uncomfortable couple of episodes at times. I mean just standing there while Riko is getting beated and tortured. I mean sure you were about to have a showdown but still....If that was seriously about Butei Rules again I'm starting to think someone has to rewrite those things. Seems like following all those rules are a good way to get killed.
Old 2011-07-02, 20:29   Link #45
quantus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That's... Not how it works...
I know, it depends on the sales..
It was just irony though =)
Old 2011-07-02, 20:56   Link #46
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Having read the light novel up to that point, I can help but be disappointed. Disappointed by the director leaving out details that would have helped people with the context. Instead what have come on screen in episode 12 have leave people scratching their head. That's imo a botched job, and makes me wonder about the level of respect that the director have for the LNs.

Adaptation - 6/10, episode 4 showed the potential. Episode 8 and 12 just made it fall flat on the face. It's just like the director(s) didn't care. Takashi Watanabe!!!! Boo Yoshitaka Koyama!! Booo Takashi Ikehata!!! Boo JC Staff!!!!
As a non-novel reader I have to disagree the final battle made a reasonable amount of sense, it wasn't perfect, but I felt the direction and execution of the final episode were good and far from falling on it's face especially compared how JC staff's attempt of an ending in Yumekui Merry .

So for me both episode 11 and 12 were good and enjoyable to watch getting a 8. And Riko remains my favorite character of series by far .
MAL
Old 2011-07-02, 21:07   Link #47
broken270
Defying gravity

Was anyone else laughing at the episode twelve preview when Aria called Kinji Yuuji, Saito, and believed his name was Ryuuji for a few seconds there? Well, at least she did not call him Hayat*is silenced*
Old 2011-07-02, 21:36   Link #48
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken270 View Post
Was anyone else laughing at the episode twelve preview when Aria called Kinji Yuuji, Saito, and believed his name was Ryuuji for a few seconds there? Well, at least she did not call him Hayat*is silenced*
I laughed a fair bit too , and she at least avoided calling him Naoy* too .
MAL
Old 2011-07-02, 21:38   Link #49
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
As a non-novel reader I have to disagree the final battle made a reasonable amount of sense, it wasn't perfect, but I felt the direction and execution of the final episode were good and far from falling on it's face especially compared how JC staff's attempt of an ending in Yumekui Merry .
I should point out again, Aria has the same director as Merry So that's a very close bullet we've dodged.

Quote:
Yeah, I thought that was the highlight of Episode 11, well that and the Splinter Cell slash heist movie reference

Buy yeah, why not Hayate? And Saito is also another odd one out, otherwise every one of them would have the same name ending with 'ji'
Old 2011-07-02, 21:39   Link #50
larethian

Quote:
because Hayate is not by JC staff, it won't fit even if there are bleeps. kusukusu.
Old 2011-07-02, 21:40   Link #51
Sekirei07

Umm... how is Vlad suppose to testify for Aria's Mom now that he is dead? 99 years is kind of a bit much to overlook >.>
Old 2011-07-02, 21:41   Link #52
larethian

Quote:
I should point out again, Aria has the same director as Merry So that's a very close bullet we've dodged.

Yeah, I thought that was the highlight of Episode 11, well that and the Splinter Cell slash heist movie reference

Buy yeah, why not Hayate? And Saito is also another odd one out, otherwise every one of them would have the same name ending with 'ji'
Kinji, male lead from HnA (with Kugimiya Rie as Aria) by JC Staff
Yuuji, male lead from Shana (with Kugimiya Rie as Shana) by JC Staff
Saito, male lead from ZnT (with Kugimiya Rie as Louise) by JC Staff
Ryuuji, male lead from Toradora (with Kugimiya Rie as Taiga) by JC Staff

so Hayate, male lead from Hayate no Gotoku (with Kugimiya Rie as Nagi) will be the odd one out since it's not by JC staff.
Old 2011-07-02, 21:56   Link #53
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantus View Post
Poor Riko, I feel so sad for what Vlad did to her in the past, locking a child up in a cell like that =(
Maybe if I were some billionaire funding the whole thing out of my own pocket...
Old 2011-07-02, 22:07   Link #54
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
because Hayate is not by JC staff, it won't fit even if there are bleeps. kusukusu.

Quote:
Kinji, male lead from HnA (with Kugimiya Rie as Aria) by JC Staff
Yuuji, male lead from Shana (with Kugimiya Rie as Shana) by JC Staff
Saito, male lead from ZnT (with Kugimiya Rie as Louise) by JC Staff
Ryuuji, male lead from Toradora (with Kugimiya Rie as Taiga) by JC Staff

so Hayate, male lead from Hayate no Gotoku (with Kugimiya Rie as Nagi) will be the odd one out since it's not by JC staff.
Hayate no Gotoku Season 2 was done by JC Staff
Old 2011-07-02, 22:44   Link #55
larethian

Quote:
Hayate no Gotoku Season 2 was done by JC Staff
eh? I thought it was by シナジーSP. I stand corrected then.
Old 2011-07-02, 23:18   Link #56
AP24

Even if Hayate no Gotoku 2nd season is made by JC Staff, it is still based on manga series.

Shakugan no Shana, Zero no Tsukaima, Toradora, and Hidan no Aria are all based on light novel series.

If JC Staff is going to adapt another light novel series that features a tsundere girl we can expect Rie Kugimiya to vioce that girl.
Old 2011-07-02, 23:30   Link #57
justsomeguy

I have read Baka-Tsuki's translations of the light novels, so let's see if I can get the differences in the last episode:

In the novel:
1) Aria does not know about the weak spots, until Kinji tells her during the final battle.
2) Kinji fires the first shots, and demonstrates Vlad's regeneration.
3) Kinji frees Riko by stabbing Vlad with his knife, while Aria provides fire support.
4) The anime leaves out Aria's response to Vlad's genetic obsession, praising Riko's hard work at self-improvement. (Dammit, why leave out this, JC Staff!)
5) Riko never tells Kinji that Vlad's last weak point is in his chest; she knows that it is his tongue. (Why did JC Staff waste time with that mistaken attack?)
6) Riko does not pick up Aria during the flight, Kinji goes into HM from seeing her in her underwear.
7) During the final four shots, a lightning strike distracts Aria, and that is why Kinji uses Billiard Shot to correct her trajectory. Riko swoops in and nails Vlad in the tongue.

Left out of the anime (SPOILERS?)
Spoiler:

The final bikini scene after the defeat of Vlad did not bring any sort of closure to this act in the story, and was too frivolous to serve as a finale. The cliffhanger from the LN would have been far better. I think JC Staff ran out of time to squeeze that in.

As far as JC Staff adaptations go, I think Hidan no Aria was more or less faithful, with the big exceptions being the busjacking and the final episode. Compared to ZnT or Merry, it's not all that bad, but the changes that they did make were really unnecessary, I don't know why they bothered.

Other thoughts:
Dammit, doesn't JC Staff have better music then using the OP during the final attack? Not that the OP is bad, I like that a lot, but really....

Overall 8/10. The adaptation was not too bad despite the unnecessary changes, though my opinion of the source material is that it's really cheesy.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
Old 2011-07-02, 23:44   Link #58
Sekirei07

Did anyone else think that Vlad's evil alugh was the most akward evil laugh ever?

I mean I honestly couldn't take him seriously the whole time he kept doing it. I honestly felt like laughing hearing that voice.
Old 2011-07-02, 23:54   Link #59
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekirei07 View Post
Did anyone else think that Vlad's evil alugh was the most akward evil laugh ever?

I mean I honestly couldn't take him seriously the whole time he kept doing it. I honestly felt like laughing hearing that voice.
He's a wolf, and they wanted to combine his laugh with a growl. I didn't think it bad at all, but I see how they could have done a combination laugh and roar instead to get some heavy bass in there.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
Old 2011-07-03, 00:15   Link #60
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
eh? I thought it was by シナジーSP. I stand corrected then.
Ah, that was the first season

Trivia- The third season and movie would be done by Manglobe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Even if Hayate no Gotoku 2nd season is made by JC Staff, it is still based on manga series.

Shakugan no Shana, Zero no Tsukaima, Toradora, and Hidan no Aria are all based on light novel series.

If JC Staff is going to adapt another light novel series that features a tsundere girl we can expect Rie Kugimiya to vioce that girl.
Well if it helps, Hayate no Gotoku also have a few Light Novel side stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
He's a wolf, and they wanted to combine his laugh with a growl. I didn't think it bad at all, but I see how they could have done a combination laugh and roar instead to get some heavy bass in there.
I expected him to be half cow... No, scratch that-

He should have been Man-Bear-Pig !
Closed Thread