Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-25, 15:16   Link #61
Sinta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
I think like Wondermike put it, people are disappointed that there wasn't actually a struggle. If this is really it, then the fight was basically just Ulq dominating nearly the entire battle, until Ichigo transformed and suddenly *bam* it's over. We expected Ulq to lose, but it would've been more satisfying to see him gradually lose than just get utterly beaten.
I see. Well i can't blame you for a matter of opinion like that. its a style thing. I think my problem with the gradual win is that its been done. That is the exact way he won every other fight. If this fight is truly over, which would be a surprise if it was, then its exactly the same. For me its nice to see him absolutely crush his opponent. I think it really drives home the fact that he's a beast. It also shows, potentially, how scary the rest of the vizard are.

Quote:
But for me, I going to wait for confirmation of Ulq's defeat. Jumping to conclusions from cliffhangers is hasty. This is shounen like you said
No disagreement here

Quote:
If Ulq has high-speed regeneration, then unless Ichigo cero'd him in the skull it might not be over. The summary says Ichigo stepped on Ulq's head and shot a cero, but it doesn't say that he shot a cero into his head. I could be being optimistic here, but this might just be a brush with death to serve as a wake up call for Ulq to go 100% on Ichigo (not as in another transformation, just fighting as hard as he can) much like the sword at Bya's throat was what made Bya start going all out. Especially if this side of Ichigo likes to "play" with his opponents, then he wouldn't end things so quickly anyways.
You see i'm done with this fight. Ulq is a very uninteresting character to me as I don't have any room to understand him. He's arrogant and hateful of humans. Thats all we know about him. His other issue, the fact that he seems to think that Inoue is going to go over to Aizen, just because Aizen said so, is not going to happen. We all know thats not going to happen. So the abstract concepts of human spirit that are apart of this fight have been done and done better. I'm ready to move on, but hey thats just me.
Old 2009-03-25, 15:43   Link #62
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
same here

I expected Ulqiorra to put up a good fight in order to prove his expertise, even though the beast is stronger. But this is more than disgraceful. If this is really the end of Ulqiorra, then even I(not an Ulqi-fan or something) have to admit that Kubo wasted this character.. when was his time to shine? I mean yeah, Ichigo had no chance until he turned into that thing, but it wasn't actually fun to watch Ulqiorra kicking him around so effortlessly... that was more of an warmup imo.

Not to mention Ulqiorra's major role in all those Vastolorde-theories.. he showed us something totally new(2nd stage release) and *zomg* the next moment he is completely overwhelmed by beastigo errrr so whats the point in all this?
That maybe Ulqui wasn't a Vastro Lorde everybody expected? As for the rest of the post, yeah I agree if Ulqui is defeated right here then his character would have been a waste. Well at least Ulqui did push Ichigo to another level I guess Kubo just used him as an experiment.
Old 2009-03-25, 16:10   Link #63
lequory
People hate good theories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
Holy wow i am very suprised by this turn of events. I can hear Yamamoto or Aizen saying "Finish him!" Fatality = steps on head and Cero to the head.

I wish Ichigo was the brutal with all his enemies. So does that mean we go back to the espada battles? Since Ulq is beaten then i think that we will linger here for a little while.
I don't think so. We still have Rukia's fight and whatever happened to Yammy to deal with before we can go back to the Karakura Fights.
Old 2009-03-25, 16:17   Link #64
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinta View Post
We all know thats not going to happen. So the abstract concepts of human spirit that are apart of this fight have been done and done better. I'm ready to move on, but hey thats just me.
I'm not a fan of the heart conquering all concept either, but since Ulquiorra has become curious of it, I expect him to live long enough to experience it's effects on humans and all that. Either he'll get serious and counter Ichigo's cero (like Kyu suggested), or he'll scrape out of it alive. Consider me gobsmacked if he actually dies.
Old 2009-03-25, 16:55   Link #65
Ichimaru

lol this fkn bad story writing

ichigo gets a lame powerup out of nowhere, and defeats ulqi in one chapter? hgahahhahahaah i give up....seems like either rushing to end scene or story, probably ran out of ideas....
Old 2009-03-25, 17:52   Link #66
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
And Szayel?

I just think that everyone else HAS more forms/abilities, but they haven't shown them off, and this is Kubo's way of saying "look at how many other abilities everyone else could/does have!"

Here's a tip: Don't compare it to DBZ, and don't try thinking of this as some big powerlevel scale. If you do this, you'll realize that there's actually not that many inconsistencies in Bleach.
I put Bleach, Naruto, and DBZ in the same manga catagory. If you see the similiarities in the mangas, you'll see they all follow the same respective formula when it comes to fighting the "main antagonist" of a certain arc. It's only logical.
Old 2009-03-25, 18:33   Link #67
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Emo-Bat dying with a monkey stomp to the face? Thats what I call divine Justice
Old 2009-03-25, 18:46   Link #68
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

it may seem like Ichi is really strong now but, come another 50/60 chapters someone even stronger than him will come along and the same thing will happen. another power up.

i don't mind ichi getting power-up's but it has to be done right so that it makes him look as cool as the guy who was beating the c**p out of him a couple of chapters before.

against Nii-Sama he looked so cool doing his speed moves and then against Grim in the 11sec fight. he looked like a real bada**. and there main fight as well. this now.......this was just mundane. yeah he looks cool with the whole Hellboy horns and stuff but, that's it.

it's fine exepecting somethig like a power up will come and turn the situtation around but there has to be a bit more than that. and now that he is as powerfull as he is, he might even be able to fight on par or better than stark, lets face it, there has to be a reason that he is number one and uli no.4.

and i refuse to belive that Aizen of people may not have known about Uli and the things that he can do. he is superman for a reason.
Old 2009-03-25, 18:47   Link #69
iamthatguy
Banned

Ulquiorra just wished he didnt said all that bullshit because thats what tipped off Hollow Ichigo
Old 2009-03-25, 18:53   Link #70
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

As much fans as Emo-Bat has managed to garnered is nothing more than a means to an end. I wouldn't at all be surprise if he wasn't meant to have some apitheny about love, or whatever you want to call it. He was just someone that exist to set things in motion.

Really Bad Guys have apithenies and becoming good guys is way more cliched than just kicking the bucket. I bet if you make a list of bad guy turning good, it'll be a gigantic list.
Old 2009-03-25, 19:05   Link #71
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor View Post
I put Bleach, Naruto, and DBZ in the same manga catagory. If you see the similiarities in the mangas, you'll see they all follow the same respective formula when it comes to fighting the "main antagonist" of a certain arc. It's only logical.
Just because they "follow the same formula" in one aspect don't mean they follow it in another. Bleach isn't DBZ, nor is Naruto Bleach or DBZ. I don't understand how you'd see it as "logical" to assume fights are strictly powerlevel-based in Bleach when it clearly is not, just because a similar anime has fights that are.
Old 2009-03-25, 19:15   Link #72
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Wow.....yeah we asked for a powerup but not some h4x power. He's freaking going to kill Ulqiorria in 2 chapters. Wthell?

Ichigo isn't even in control of himself. Pretty sad. Ichigo gonna start spamming Cero now?
Old 2009-03-25, 19:18   Link #73
Lendial

even though i really like ulqy a part of me would love to see him blown to bits by an uberized hollow ichigo. kt is being very odd as he should be milking this fight to no end, i dont think he would finish it so quickly.
Old 2009-03-25, 19:20   Link #74
Vinak
Procrastinator

@ Freya
well at least it's not the same ol' Getsuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendial View Post
even though i really like ulqy a part of me would love to see him blown to bits by an uberized hollow ichigo. kt is being very odd as he should be milking this fight to no end, i dont think he would finish it so quickly.
he's already dragged this arc out for over a year. enough is enough really.
Old 2009-03-25, 19:29   Link #75
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinak View Post
@ Freya
well at least it's not the same ol' Getsuga

he's already dragged this arc out for over a year. enough is enough really.
Yeah but he's ending this fight really horribly. For all we know right now, Ulqiaorria can be the strongest espada and he just got raped by animal Ichigo.
Old 2009-03-25, 19:35   Link #76
iamthatguy
Banned

The problem with Shonen here is that every enemy here is an idiot such as revealing there abilities PLUS their weak point. If Ulquiorra could keep his mouth shut then Hichigo wouldn't be aiming for him in the head.

If I were fighting with an alien barehanded I wouldn't want to tell them the groin is my weak point and have a meat cleaver inside my pants..
Old 2009-03-25, 19:58   Link #77
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthatguy View Post
The problem with Shonen here is that every enemy here is an idiot such as revealing there abilities PLUS their weak point. If Ulquiorra could keep his mouth shut then Hichigo wouldn't be aiming for him in the head.

If I were fighting with an alien barehanded I wouldn't want to tell them the groin is my weak point and have a meat cleaver inside my pants..
The head is always the weakpoint.....
Old 2009-03-25, 20:15   Link #78
Kuroda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Wow.....yeah we asked for a powerup but not some h4x power. He's freaking going to kill Ulqiorria in 2 chapters. Wthell?

Ichigo isn't even in control of himself. Pretty sad. Ichigo gonna start spamming Cero now?
Well its either Cero Spam, or GT spam lmfao the fight is rather short though.
Old 2009-03-25, 20:17   Link #79
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroda View Post
Well its either Cero Spam, or GT spam lmfao the fight is rather short though.
I'm already disappointed at how KT gave Ichigo this hollow thing. He can't control himself and it's way too overpowering.

Hopefully he'll end this fight decently.
Old 2009-03-25, 21:02   Link #80
DarkHollowIchigo

1 word...Pwned
Closed Thread

Tags
weekly chapter discussion, manga