AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

Old 2010-07-25, 07:09   Link #1101
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Should we be expecting Junichi to be moping about being stood up for the other arcs? He wasn't doing that in either of the two Ayatsuji mangas and the Nanasaki manga so I hope it only occurred in Haruka's arc.
Yeah i hope the whole 'was stood up two years ago' beginning is just for Haruka, because it played nice into her story. If we keep seeing it again, then that means it'll end up being the same for the other girls and i don't want that. Each of them need to have their own beginnings so they can stand out.
Old 2010-07-25, 07:15   Link #1102
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Yeah i hope the whole 'was stood up two years ago' beginning is just for Haruka, because it played nice into her story. If we keep seeing it again, then that means it'll end up being the same for the other girls and i don't want that. Each of them need to have their own beginnings so they can stand out.
I definitely prefer the way Junichi acts in the Precious Diary and Love Goes On manga compared to Haruka's anime arc. It would get pretty tedious if we have to see him in SEED mode @ the start of every arc. Though him being stood up on x-mas eve tied in nicely with how he met Haruka, just hope it doesn't happen again.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 07:23   Link #1103
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I was under the impression that despite resets, there is some form of recurring subplot within the overall storytelling premise. Like the continuity of small interactions with the other non-heroines, side-characters, etc even in another arc, and maybe different layers of the 'stood up' sidequest for Junichi. I suppose we'll see how things turn out.

I'd like it to stay, but expressed differently. Like maybe perhaps in Kaoru's arc, he did get stood up, but unlike Haruka's arc, he didn't mope around or go through SEED angst, but rather just casually let bygones be bygones. Or variations, I guess. Haruka's arc has after all, already took the brunt of the damage associated with Junichi's past, so there's no need to emphasis any trauma in subsequent arcs.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 09:08   Link #1104
Francismeunier
Banned

Lightbulb

Quote:
I am not sure Haruka stood him up. If she did it was only because her dog died at that time. I am sure her love for that dog was stronger than any other love she might have had.

What I am more worried about is if we will have a girl arc that will show which girl stood him up? I have heard that in the game you can have the bad ending with the girls. Someone PM me about spoilers concerning that if you want.

Anyways if any girl really stood him up I would bet my socks on Sae (one of my favorites) because she is very shy.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 09:30   Link #1105
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
I am not sure Haruka stood him up.
When did i say she did? She has nothing to do with what happened two years ago. They bumped into each other a year after.
Old 2010-07-25, 09:38   Link #1106
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
When did i say she did? She has nothing to do with what happened two years ago. They bumped into each other a year after.
Which I thought was so stupid. I think it would have been better if they left that out entirely. It was so random and I don't think it would have made much of a difference if it was left out.
Old 2010-07-25, 09:39   Link #1107
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Which I thought was so stupid. I think it would have been better if they left that out entirely. It was so random and I don't think it would have made much of a difference if it was left out.
I don't find it stupid at all. I quite like how the two met a year ago before their first meet during school, and how they both saved each other at the time. It's rather sweet.
Old 2010-07-25, 10:10   Link #1108
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eak View Post
I do hope they continue this time skip thing though.. I am interested in how it will turn out for each of the girls.
I hope they do too. Which would also cause me to love this show show forever. All because I'm a time-skip ending fanatic.
Somnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 10:20   Link #1109
Mazryonh

More Yuu Asakawa love?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post
I also am partial to calm, intelligent women who care about others and don't make drama around themselves. Looks like we won't have any arcs with that kind of women in this series though.
Yeah, I would like to see Yuu Asakawa voice a character in this kind of anime who "wins" the hero. She got no love in Love Hina or Fate/Stay Night, and likely will not get one to my knowledge unless "Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai!" (by the same eroge studio who made "Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de") gets animated.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 10:52   Link #1110
roankun
Tsundere Lover

Quote:
No need for PM. http://www.gamebaz.com/?a=i&i=17455 Just mod your PS2 and you'll be good to go.
Holy crap. That's one hell of a price for just one game.

Late review for episode 4:
Episode 3 made me embarrassed watching it, and watching episode 4, this is what I get? Total WTF ending. But it was the "If you really liked me then you would have peeked without second though" that really made me WTF. I mean, is Haruka really THAT big of an airhead?

On second thought...
Spoiler for the plan:

Kidding. Maybe not. Anyway, I'll miss Itou Shizuka's voice, which the one main reason why I watched this series. zomg, Hinagiku ^^ Did I mention I watched this episode 3 times?

Anyway, I think I'll enjoy Kaoru's arc. She seems like a fun person. They'll probably play on the girl that's she's encouraging to confess or something (as seen in the OP).

P.S. Did anybody else notice that Miya looks a lot like Ai? At first, I thought it was Ai chasing after that timid first-year (what was her name again?) in the OP.
roankun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 10:58   Link #1111
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by roankun View Post
P.S. Did anybody else notice that Miya looks a lot like Ai? At first, I thought it was Ai chasing after that timid first-year (what was her name again?) in the OP.
Yeah fairly similar designs, kinda felt the same when I first saw the OP.

Ai has slightly longer hair though, not exactly shown best in the above pic.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 11:22   Link #1112
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
I don't find it stupid at all. I quite like how the two met a year ago before their first meet during school, and how they both saved each other at the time. It's rather sweet.
I felt like it came out of no where. Unless my memory is failing me, I don't recall Junichi mentioning something along the lines of meeting her before. I know the point of it and it was a little sweet, but I just didn't care for it. I think it would have been better if only the viewer knew of their earlier encounter.
Old 2010-07-25, 12:21   Link #1113
tsunade666

Just finish episode 4. How sweet story but too fast. Well I still like the way it's been laid out.

About the meeting before..... I find it sweet but ... well I don't care much because I still like it.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 12:28   Link #1114
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
I felt like it came out of no where. Unless my memory is failing me, I don't recall Junichi mentioning something along the lines of meeting her before. I know the point of it and it was a little sweet, but I just didn't care for it. I think it would have been better if only the viewer knew of their earlier encounter.
It would if it was that important. As it was, even if he was "saved", he was still pretty depressed after meeting her, instead of pining after her.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 12:43   Link #1115
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by roankun View Post
Holy crap. That's one hell of a price for just one game.
b
Not really, these are very low volume sales games. For the amount of labor and costs, its going to be spread across very few unit sales.
Old 2010-07-25, 13:11   Link #1116
taelrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Not really, these are very low volume sales games. For the amount of labor and costs, its going to be spread across very few unit sales.
::sigh::

It sucks to be an anime fan and not understand Japanese sometimes
taelrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 13:28   Link #1117
Francismeunier
Banned

Red face

Quote:
I did not say that....I though he might have been stood up by Haruka and so assumed a logical reason. That's all.....well since I am French wrong formulation in English is a logical possibility.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 14:14   Link #1118
coolasj19
TSG : Gaming For A Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I take it the game is not in English right?
coolasj19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 14:15   Link #1119
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasj19 View Post
I take it the game is not in English right?
No, it's not.
Old 2010-07-25, 14:59   Link #1120
tsunade666

I think it's a ps2 game. And vn games that are for ps2 are hardly translated into english or rather I can't seem to recall a english version visual novel game that is for ps2.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, seinen, shounen