AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-03-14, 16:58   Link #6761
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
Eh. I doubt theyd make more of his students be involved in the magic world x.x Would be pretty dumb.
First,
Spoiler for 321 spoilers?:
Old 2011-03-14, 19:05   Link #6762
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Ah sorry didn't mean it that way. I meant brought into like knowing all of that stuff. We already have zazie, setsuna and her ojou-sama, and mana, eva, and chachamaru already related to it before hand. Don't think theirs going to be anymore.

X.x would be bad progress for ayaka to just suddenly come out knowing info on eva whos past is old as hell and hidden sort of.
Old 2011-03-14, 22:47   Link #6763
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
Ah sorry didn't mean it that way. I meant brought into like knowing all of that stuff. We already have zazie, setsuna and her ojou-sama, and mana, eva, and chachamaru already related to it before hand. Don't think theirs going to be anymore.

X.x would be bad progress for ayaka to just suddenly come out knowing info on eva whos past is old as hell and hidden sort of.
No one is suggesting that Ayaka is already involved with magic, like all the people you mentioned. In fact, the spoiler implies that she still isn't. It appears she's just recently learned about its existence and Eva's involvement in it.
Old 2011-03-15, 06:11   Link #6764
Wargumm1i
Hentai

I dont know if this is going to happen, but I always thought this might happen. Ayaka was always aware of magic and her family has connections to the magic world.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-15, 12:57   Link #6765
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
I dont know if this is going to happen, but I always thought this might happen. Ayaka was always aware of magic and her family has connections to the magic world.
I stand corrected. Apparently Wargumm1i is suggesting that Ayaka was already involved with/aware of magic before now, but I'm not, and I don't think there's anything to hint at her having the faintest idea of the existence of magic until the group traveled to Wales. Unless you want to suggest that she read the report on Nagi before she gave it to Asuna.
Old 2011-03-15, 13:47   Link #6766
Kurush

Send a message via MSN to Kurush
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
I stand corrected. Apparently Wargumm1i is suggesting that Ayaka was already involved with/aware of magic before now, but I'm not, and I don't think there's anything to hint at her having the faintest idea of the existence of magic until the group traveled to Wales. Unless you want to suggest that she read the report on Nagi before she gave it to Asuna.
It's a possibility. I'm leaving it at that.

"The objective is not to win. It is to eliminate every option for the enemy except the one to lose."

Knowledge is power. It should be shared.
Kurush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-16, 02:03   Link #6767
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

So basically Ayaka hypothetically read the Nagi report, which hypothetically contained hints to his magical nature (that neither Asuna or Negi thought troubling, considering Ayaka is a mundane), at which point Ayaka kept her new knowledge hidden all though the first leg of the Wales trip, after which she decided to bone up a little more on Nagi (the newer report we see her reading in Wales) and Eva, then came home and confronted Eva out of the blue.

Either that or she's always known about magic.

I don't think so. Highly, highly unlikely. Either scenario. Ayaka may have a little restraint, but she doesn't have a deceptive bone in her body. She would have at least pressed Asuna more for info, had she any idea what they were involved in. And her whole character type ust screams Muggle. Here's what I think happened:

Ayaka is as mundane as the day is long. The older members of her family might be magic-knowledgeable, since any company as large as hers would have to deal with magic in some capacity if it existed (her enrollment in Mahora itself may be to groom her for the time when she has to take over the Yukihiro family and deal with the existence of magic), but she herself is uninitiated. She uses her position to get the Nagi information for Asuna and Negi, then follows them to Wales. She knows something is up, but out of respect for Asuna decides to stay at arms' length and not get involved...until they disappear.

Negi's sister seems unconcerned about their disappearance, but she's evasive about Negi's personal and family details, and Ayaka can be surprisingly perceptive when she puts her mind to it, so she can tell that something is, if not necessarily wrong, certainly not right. At that point she decides that it's more important to help if she can, and to do that she needs information. So she commissions a few more reports on Nagi, since that's what Asuna was looking into, and her family's less mundane resources come through with a lot of...very interesting material. So then maybe she decides to look into a few of the "known associates" those reports reveal, since there are a few familiar names she keeps seeing (Konoka's father, Takahata-sensei, Eva...), and before long she's got a new perspective on life in the Negiverse.

Then Eva calls her back home. At this point she probably knows something is up with the loli vampiress (she's got a long flight ahead in which to do some more reading, so maybe she doesn't know everything), but she holds off on confronting her until she's out of Wales and back home (one of the reports suggested that memory loss charms are pretty common, and thus likely known by Negi's sister).

And that's where we're at now.
Old 2011-03-16, 03:30   Link #6768
Kurush

And there you have it. You had the answer all along. I just said it was a possibility but I did not state outright that I believed that she knew about magic all along. If she did, then how come she stayed the (Expletive Deleted) out of events that transpired when the opportunity to help out was there all along? Then again, she must have realized the dangers.

I don't think she was involved with it due to her family deciding to protect her for her own good (if they knew). However, the reason I said that it was a possibilty is because there is always this nagging thought in your head that states what is presumably not really the thing but explains the hypothesis so thoroughly, you can't ignore it.

In truth, I believe her reaction to finding out about Negi using magic would be the equivalent of a highly devout Christian coming home, walking into their living room and finding God Himself sitting on their couch, having a cup of tea.

"The objective is not to win. It is to eliminate every option for the enemy except the one to lose."

Old 2011-03-16, 04:48   Link #6769
AlaAlba

Spoiler for 321:
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-16, 11:31   Link #6770
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I got the feeling that Fate might not really care about his mission anymore and just want to have fun with Negi...

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-16, 16:05   Link #6771
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurush View Post
And there you have it. You had the answer all along. I just said it was a possibility but I did not state outright that I believed that she knew about magic all along. If she did, then how come she stayed the (Expletive Deleted) out of events that transpired when the opportunity to help out was there all along? Then again, she must have realized the dangers.
The thing here is that she, being "friendly rivals" with Asuna, respects her. Hence, she pretty keeps her promise and doesn't follow Negi's crew as they reach the gatepost of the Magic World (unlike the "dumber half of the academic chart" students that accompanied Ayaka on the trip).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
I got the feeling that Fate might not really care about his mission anymore and just want to have fun with Negi...
More specifically, Fate may have come to realize that the rewrite spell involves something that he didn't want to do by force (aka killing humans from Earth) and hence he may be having a "what have I done" moment soon.
Old 2011-03-16, 18:35   Link #6772
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hmm ... I am afraid I will have to go to the side of the fence standing on the "Ayaka does not know about magic" aspect of things.

But to my mind she is obviously going to be introduced to it all by the sheer fact that Negi said that she was going to play a very important role in his alternative plan for saving the magic world.

Had another idea/possible thought for how Negi will save the magic world, btw. I already mentioned the possible idea of somehow "transplanting it" to the internet and Ayaka buying up a humongous room full of rack servers ... but another possibility is the recreation of the "miniature world in a bottle" (a la Eva's resort) on a large scale. And if it is important to have a magic source, it could be set up at the base of the magic tree on the Mahora campus. Ayaka would be important (I still think her main use will be $ related) in terms of funding the creation of such a "giant bottle" that the world could be inserted into".

'Course there would be problems with this specific setup too (I remember the dragon chasing Negi and co. down the passages and into the room at the root of the tree in the alternate timeline Chao trapped them in ... but the general idea of the "miniature world in a bottle" is a possibility.
Old 2011-03-16, 20:54   Link #6773
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

If Negi's plan involve time and space manipulation (like that alternate world that Negi went to before), I might say that Chao's true plan is to give Negi some hints about what to do with the magical world. We don't know for sure though.

Quote:
Had another idea/possible thought for how Negi will save the magic world, btw. I already mentioned the possible idea of somehow "transplanting it" to the internet and Ayaka buying up a humongous room full of rack servers ...
I think this one is more likely...it's more old world and with Negi understanding that Ayaka shouldn't have a deep understanding towards magic. If Negi's method involves high-level magic, I think he will come to people like the headmaster or Eva And there's also problems with mana too...if it can be settled with magic alone, I don't think that mana deprivation problems should have appeared in the first place.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 02:40   Link #6774
Kurush

Well *ahem*, seems more spoilers are coming.

Spoiler for 321:

Old 2011-03-20, 20:13   Link #6775
Xacual

321 is out now. Interesting that Eva says that Magia Erebea originated from her Shinsou powers. Also Zazie teasing Eva the whole chapter was awesome. "But you're actually really happy"

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-20, 23:13   Link #6776
ChronoReverse

Interesting. Negi is stronger than Fate as said by Fate (plus Fate looks way more worn out than Negi). Negi's punches are approaching Rakan's level too. Also, somehow Fate is keeping up with Negi in RT2 form.

Power inflation? Fighting of the wills?
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-21, 00:12   Link #6777
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
Interesting. Negi is stronger than Fate as said by Fate (plus Fate looks way more worn out than Negi). Negi's punches are approaching Rakan's level too. Also, somehow Fate is keeping up with Negi in RT2 form.
If you look at Negi, he's not even hurt or scuffed up in any way, while Fate is. Any hits Fate has landed have been seemingly nullified by whatever Negi's become, as you see little Magia Erebea runes for a second wherever he gets hit, then smoke, then Negi's skin, completely undamaged. It's almost like he's got a permanent "force field" of Magia Erebea on his entire body.

Given what Eva said about where ME originated from...is it possible that he became a vampire, like her? I'd hope not (because that would be lame IMO) but it's a possibility.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-21, 00:21   Link #6778
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDragoon View Post
If you look at Negi, he's not even hurt or scuffed up in any way, while Fate is. Any hits Fate has landed have been seemingly nullified by whatever Negi's become, as you see little Magia Erebea runes for a second wherever he gets hit, then smoke, then Negi's skin, completely undamaged. It's almost like he's got a permanent "force field" of Magia Erebea on his entire body.

Given what Eva said about where ME originated from...is it possible that he became a vampire, like her? I'd hope not (because that would be lame IMO) but it's a possibility.
maybe Vampire like but not a real vampire.
Old 2011-03-21, 00:26   Link #6779
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDragoon View Post

I think like Xellos said, he is maybe vampire like because his form when corrupted looked more draconian in nature. I'm really curious to see if when Eva uses ME if she gets that sort of shield that Negi has at the moment.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-21, 02:25   Link #6780
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

oh man I loved 321...Copy Eva was great but nothing can be compared to the real deal
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy